Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:10 PM

Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' (8363 Views)

Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency / My Ministers And I Will Be Persecuted, Says Jonathan / Nigerian-born Gambian Judge Is Being Persecuted – Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by mukina2: 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
A former Ogun State Governor, Gbenga Daniel, on Sunday said his trial can be compared to that of Jesus Christ who was persecuted for being compassionate.

Mr. Daniel made this statement at the 50th birthday anniversary of Sina Kawonise, the former commissioner of information and strategy during his administration held at conference hotel, Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State.

According to the former governor, "his court trial remains the biggest probe in the history of the state and meant to persecute him for no just reason".

He likened his trial to that of Jesus Christ, Obafemi Awolowo and Abraham Adesanya.

"The question is this, why was Jesus christ crucified despite his good work, why was Obafemi Awolowo persecuted, why was Abraham Adesanya persecuted. It was only because they dare to correct the wrong in the society".

Mr. Daniel held that he has been falsely accused of being a ritualist, a murderer and a fraudster in order to crucify him.

"There is no offence they have not accused us of, we are facing the biggest probe in the history of this state,all in a way of persecution, but till date they have not establish the offences," he said.

He said he would remain unperturbed despite the trial adding that he would remain bold to embrace the truth at all time.

Mr. Daniel evaded the question of which party - Peoples Democratic Party(PDP) or the Peoples Party of Nigeria(PPN)- his supporters belong to in the current dispensation.

He simply said, "If there is no crisis there won't be solution, but with recent political unfolding events, solution is in sight."

During his tenure as governor, Mr. Daniel allegedly diverted funds and properties belonging to the state for private use.

He is currently on trial for corruption before an Ogun State High Court.

Source
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
Yeah. Well, Jesus wasn't a thief. . .

11 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Beaf: 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2012
A lesson not to misuse power when you have it.
No be only "Jesus."
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by mkmyers45(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
No be only Jesus...wasn't his namesake daniel persecuted for refusing to 'chop' national cake? undecided undecided We all know he is a thief....
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by dont8(m): 10:07pm On Jul 09, 2012
He meant Jesus of Oyingbo (Jesu Oyingbo), right?

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by omosexy1: 11:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
mkmyers45: No be only Jesus...wasn't his namesake daniel persecuted for refusing to 'chop' national cake? undecided undecided We all know he is a thief....

I really don't get you but you did crack me up. Well Done grin
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by mkmyers45(m): 11:33pm On Jul 09, 2012
omosexy1:

I really don't get you but you did crack me up. Well Done grin

i am referring to daniel in babylon when he refused to eat the kings food...
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 10, 2012
shocked :oLiar. He is talking about Jesu Oyingbo. grin
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by emiye(m): 2:55am On Jul 10, 2012
Relics of PDP in the south west
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Lisa1: 3:23am On Jul 10, 2012
Many thanks
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Nobody: 3:55am On Jul 10, 2012
Jesus was killed and hung like a crook. Mr. Daniel, I hope you can resurrect..

3 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by floriana(m): 3:59am On Jul 10, 2012
I wish they can throw my Daniel into a lion's cage to test how closely he resembles Jesus

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Nobody: 4:04am On Jul 10, 2012
The same man who used minority to subjugate the majority in Ogun HOA is now crying of persecution. No be small thing.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by ACM10: 4:25am On Jul 10, 2012
Jesus don suffer grin

Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Nobody: 4:30am On Jul 10, 2012
LOL Jesus was not a thief o..... abi was I reading my bible upside down?
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by free2ryhme: 4:34am On Jul 10, 2012
what a shame
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Nobody: 4:43am On Jul 10, 2012
Mr Gbenga, abeg go get schooled by ex-governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State on how 2 get out of this mess and save us these complains...
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by http(m): 5:10am On Jul 10, 2012
Hehehehe! gbenga daniel, Chairman awon olori buruku, may u rot in hell... imagine him comparing himself to Jesus when Thunder suppose to strike u immediately....anyway hell is awaiting u and all ur cohort... Danburo ba shege..
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by slimming: 5:24am On Jul 10, 2012
Who is now persecuting Daniel? I guess Baba or something easy.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by alahamad(m): 5:39am On Jul 10, 2012
Daphuck's wrong with Daniels brain?.....who gave a thief like him the Odacity to make such comparisms?...

Imagine the court they are using? He'll soon bribe his way nd walk out free as usual....

Blady barawo
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by killuminati(m): 5:45am On Jul 10, 2012
No be only gzus, na petergrin
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Ukpaianthony(m): 6:05am On Jul 10, 2012
Gbenga u there compare urself to jesus!!!!! Aye mi ja!! Jesus was persecuted for healing,saving souls,Giving food out to the needy,giving them salvation,and many other good tins of life,and Greedy Gbenga thief,Compares Himself to him,Do u know how many pipo Died becos of ur wickedness,u took from the poor,Gbenga u rendered pipo homeless,starved them,you took there salaries for fun,Gbenga may jesus forgive u of all ur atrocities!!!!!! U common thief.

1 Like

Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by francis247(m): 6:09am On Jul 10, 2012
mukina2: A former Ogun State
Governor, Gbenga
Daniel, on Sunday
said his trial can be
compared to that of
Jesus Christ who was
persecuted for being
compassionate.
Mr. Daniel made this
statement at the
50th birthday
anniversary of Sina
Kawonise, the former
commissioner of
information and
strategy during his
administration held
at conference hotel,
Ijebu-Ode, Ogun
State.
According to the
former governor, "his
court trial remains
the biggest probe in
the history of the
state and meant to
persecute him for no
just reason".
He likened his trial to
that of Jesus Christ,
Obafemi Awolowo
and Abraham
Adesanya.
"The question is this,
why was Jesus christ
crucified despite his
good work, why was
Obafemi Awolowo
persecuted, why was
Abraham Adesanya
persecuted. It was
only because they
dare to correct the
wrong in the
society".

Mr. Daniel held that
he has been falsely
accused of being a
ritualist, a murderer
and a fraudster in
order to crucify him.
"There is no offence
they have not
accused us of, we are
facing the biggest
probe in the history
of this state,all in a
way of persecution,
but till date they
have not establish
the offences," he said.
He said he would
remain unperturbed
despite the trial
adding that he would
remain bold to
embrace the truth at
all time.
Mr. Daniel evaded the
question of which
party - Peoples
Democratic Party
(PDP) or the Peoples
Party of Nigeria(PPN)
- his supporters
belong to in the
current dispensation.
He simply said, "If
there is no crisis
there won't be
solution, but with
recent political
unfolding events,
solution is in sight."
During his tenure as
governor, Mr. Daniel
allegedly diverted
funds and properties
belonging to the
state for private use.
He is currently on
trial for corruption
before an Ogun State
High Court.
Saint Daniel Sir, can you pls explain what and how exactly you tried to "correct the wrongs in the Bank Accounts society"? This is Exactly what Orwell wrote about in his book "Politics and the English Language". Smh.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Davluck(m): 6:11am On Jul 10, 2012
DANIEL ISCARIOT...Mke Ogun kee u dia!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Gpnice(m): 6:16am On Jul 10, 2012
How dare u thief daniel comparing urself wit JESUS?? May d judgement of God come speedily upon u......may u die and rust in jail.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 10, 2012
This statement is not funny at all. It amounts to blasphemy!

2 Likes

Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by Idowu1988(m): 6:29am On Jul 10, 2012
Jesus was not a fraudster like you
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by ajanaku2(m): 6:34am On Jul 10, 2012
Jesus don suffer!...The Bros don collect insults too much...
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by brabus(m): 6:36am On Jul 10, 2012
Jesus was tried without reason. I'm sure they don't have any concrete evidence against him yet.

But if you do, publish them to help the judges.

He should have tell us 'I'm the way, the truth but he who's coming after me is a bigger thief smiley smiley Daniel 1: 1c

What would you say about the incumbent using what Daniel used to construct 40km of road to expand a 2.4km (4 lane to 6 lane) road?
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by ZUBY77(m): 6:42am On Jul 10, 2012
Religion is regarded by the common people as true,
by the wise as false, and by the politicians as useful.
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by adora4u1: 6:45am On Jul 10, 2012
Oh boy, you ain't seen nothing yet!
Re: Gbenga Daniel: I'm Being Persecuted Like Jesus' by redsun(m): 6:46am On Jul 10, 2012
macfarland: Mr Gbenga, abeg go get schooled by ex-governor Orji Uzor Kalu of Abia State on how 2 get out of this mess and save us these complains...

He doesnt have to go that far to abia. He can just go to nearby tinubu,bankole or obj. They are all untouchable thieves,nigerian politicians.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ACN Accuses FG Of Deceit And False Statistics / Nigerian Air Force Begin Taking Delivery Of State-of-the-art Mi35m Helicopters / Nigeria Loses N11bn Daily As Oil Exports Suffer - PUNCH

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.