Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? (31863 Views)

Spectranet Increases Tariffs / MTN Finally Acquires Visafone / MTN Introduces New Call Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by midiwifi(m): 5:58pm On Jul 10, 2012
It's obvious that most telecom subscribers have become slaves to their service provider. How will a SP continue to extort money from u and u'll still stick to it like an animal been dragged to the slaughter. When u tell them to migrate to a different SP, u'll hear stuffs like all my contacts are mtn numbers. Even Nigerians are not helpin matters either. If somebody ask 4 ur number and it is not "MTN" u'll c dis disappointment from their countenance. Some will even go as far as tellin u "y are u not usin mtn". Hello! It is my fundamental communication right to use any network that sooths me. Damn

2 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 10, 2012
i think airtel is worth using though i just got a new easy clique etisalat line for my newest phone.
basically, am yet to see the benefits as many claims...their tariff to other networks is not encouraging besides int'l call rate to some countries is alarming!
plz i wud appreciate any info on how best to enjoy their services...u know now wat mean na?the do's & don'ts
just wish i can do away with my mtn line but aint easy, a need reliable affordable network as a substitution BUT NO as a supplement
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by mu2sa2: 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2012
MTN pls triple ur tariff i know i cant abandon u because u ar like my papa's property, plus i want u to cart even more billions to south Africa. Sorry, pls i mean to say u should hike ur tariff 500%. U can also deduct or even steal my credit as u pls. De other networks ar mumu for doing all those promos. Any naijaman or wman who opposes me has to be an ignoramus.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by kheart(m): 6:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
U go fear na when last three weeks my bros was making free calls in d day time using mtn line. Omo d kind quee wey im phone see no get part two cos evrybody wan chop mtn awuf. Two hours later free calls ended but my bro did morethan two week if im load mtn go chop im credit. I pity am small sha cos me warn am well well im no hear. Mtn na Mugu Thief No 1 dem be.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by born2boink(m): 6:25pm On Jul 10, 2012
embarassed

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by charlsecy4(m): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
If you want to know which of the MTN plans is most suitable for you, read: http://mobiletechnologybits..com/2011/11/which-of-new-mtn-tariff-plans-should-i.html
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by nodullin(m): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
I have quit rechargin ma mtn sim a long tyme ago.. I only recharge once a month... Cos of my BIS.. And I make all calls on ma etisalat line...
The good news is: I have left mtn fully... I no longer use their blackberry service... Etisalat all the way!!!!
Phuck MTN!!! Phuck d Yello Network!!!

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Oluwadare: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
As i dont like calling and recieving calls, only browsing is my area of specialization. I guess this is why i glued to Airtel. Ever tested and trusted Network.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by PHIPEX(m): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
As for me, I just use my MTN line to receive calls and make calls with Glo. Who no get sense?

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by hienyimba(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
The thieves took my 145 naira this morning
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by rman: 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2012
fork adict: About a year ago, I started a thread on MTN's greed, insensitivity to the plight of their customers, and abuse of the rare priviledge bestowed on them by their teeming customers, pride, amongst other other crimes. I compared their tariffs to other networks and pointed out that they were out to kill their customers rather than add value to their lives.

Fast forward to a year and some months later, MTN is now charging 5k/sec for MTN to MTN calls? Is this not an indication that they are no longer as comfortable as they used to be? Rman, where are you? Can you explain why your bosses are now charging customers for MTN to MTN call @ 5k per sec?

But the sad news is, its too late for MTN. I am not going back to them. They made me cross the point of no return and at this point, I am done with them.

What are your takes people?

You need to get a life and stop all these your MTN online smear campaign. We have four major GSM operators, four major CDMA operators and the power to choose solely lies in your hands. All these bring them down, chase them away and they will soon crash adds no value to you. Even when they crash, it will still not add value to your life. FORK ADICT, YOU NEED TO GROW UP.

@Others, number portability will soon be implemented this year so I believe all this childish rants online will end by then. Also, regulators (NCC ) are not put there to kill bussinesss hence they too will have nothing to regulate.
I still stand by the fact that the telecoms industry has added more to the Nigerian economy more than any other sector in the last ten years. It was properly regulated since begining, that is why there is healthy competition there. And you can easily grow your subscriber base if you do the business right. When GLO was busy with their MTN fixation, ETISALAT came and roled out friendly packages and has recorded the biggest growth compared to all the others they met.
Yes, we have every right to complain when there are QOS issues, hidden charges, outright theft, network challenges etc. But when the underlying basis for complaint is just about freebies, they are from South Africa, bla bla bla , then we are just being shallow and bigots.

The truth of the matter is businesses that are poorly run and insensitive to customers will surely die a natural death in a competitive market. If MTN truly are scams and insentitive to customers, it is just a matter of time before they go under. But if over time they continue to grow the way they have over the years, then only rants will amount to nothing. Do you all know why? They are still doing somethings right!

2 Likes

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by tinkinjo: 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2012
If MTN likes let them carry calls for free I still would not patronise them! It's a decided matter.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Maximus17(m): 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
I jst hope MTN and its Management team are viewing or have viewed this topic.MTN needs rebranding and strategic market penetration to get bck its customers well,even while calling,it is ALWAYS breaking or cracking,wake up MTN!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by elords: 6:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
l am done with mtn, jst changed to etisalat afta 10yrs of bumpy ride on ore road wit mtn. its a shame on mtn.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by otokx(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2012
So what is the new tariff? Why is it not yet on their website? Would stick to my glo.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by bikerboy1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 10, 2012
Gabbysky: Let us do to them what we have done to DSTV, all in favour say 'AYE!"... cool
whoever still pays DSTV subscription in NIgeria needs a huge lesson BIG TIME!! cry cry

some of us are seriously experimenting ways of getting back at MTN the same way we hav done to DSTV,
if dem like make dem no change now>>> grin grin grin

Pls, wat did You guyz do to DSTV. Cuz I still pay for subscription..
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Wislet(f): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2012
mtn?

Glo all the way, no dulling.

ON THE SAME NETWORK
Glo to glo, you will be surprised. U will talk till u're tired, and ur credit will be like something that waz crawling.lol .

Try that with Mtn to mtn now, see how they'll slash ur time- like they hate their own network.

WITH OTHER NETWORKS
GLO still charges a cheaper rate to other networks than Mtn to mtn.

I think we all know this one: using MTN to call any other network is like suicide.

BROWSING
glo:
Your data bundle MUST be exhausted before they alert u to resubscribe. Even if it's stated to be for a month, if it's not exhausted before that time, you will continue to use it till it's finished.
They keep to bundle rather that time.

Mtn:
With mtn, if u like finish it- or not, whenever the time frame reaches, they cut you off.

As big as that network claims to be, they still scramble for money like hungry people. Smh.

1 Like

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by jennyb2: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
i use to be in love wit MTN but dey took it for granted. i have finaaly divorced dem, noting can make me change my mind. as a matter of fact i still maintain d line cos of old friends who may need to get in touch wit me. too late for MTN!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Javanian: 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2012
grin

Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by CuteTj(m): 7:16pm On Jul 10, 2012
Please help o! Which network offers the CHEAPEST INTERNATIONAL call tariff? I heard Glo but when i make international calls, it never connects. Im looking for better options, pls help.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by optimistD(m): 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: People keep complaining of MTN, yet these same persons still retain MTN simcard. Stop complaining and make a move. Get BB and do more chatting and less voice calls or get a cheaper network.
get a BB abi? Wt wch money? Hmm! We dey cmplain of small small extra wey mtn dey charge us and u dey tlk of BB. You 4 worse if to say u b network provider.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by element44: 7:28pm On Jul 10, 2012
GUYS, MTN HAVE BEEN EXPLOITING NIGERIA FOR A VERY LONG TIME.AS FOR ME I MAKE CALL WITH OTHER NETWORK AND USE MTN TO RECEIVE.I CAN RECHARGE A HUNDRED NAIRA JUST TO KEEP MY LINE.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by chimanu2000(m): 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
can we read up before we act, the MTN zone tariff is a dynamic discounting tariff, it offers varying discounts on a base tariff. If you switch on your cell broadcast on your phone, you will see the percentage discount available at each point. Glo also offers a similar package, you can get as much as 90% dicounts on a call plan -5k/sec or the base of about 40k/sec. Best of luck
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by mu2sa2: 7:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
My legal partner has mtn & glo lines in a dual sim phone. With glo on Infinito (15/m to all ntwks), she uses mtn line only to receive bt never loads credit. Call it beating mtn to its game!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Hemanwel(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2012
Ever since I dumped my MTN line,calls hv bin so easy 4 me.I hv made up my mind neva 2 listen 2 or watch any MTN promo.If dey like,make dey use R. Kelly 4 promo,I'll b disinterested...their tariffs suck,big time!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Emekuz(m): 8:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
MTN, infact i regret using dat line. if nt for d fact dat i have numerous contact frnds on dis conartist sets of ppls netwk, i wuld hav switchd ova to oda ntwks. Can u imagine.? There is no package dat mtn brings to her customers dat wont favour them about 80% . MTN is too stingy to be used as a netwk. Luk at the Dstv mobile dat was free b4. Nw nt free anymore. Mtn maggic numba, mtn plus. Wht hav u?. Infact i regret buying this netwk as my first!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by betrani(m): 8:15pm On Jul 10, 2012
Billyonaire: People keep complaining of MTN, yet these same persons still retain MTN simcard. Stop complaining and make a move. Get BB and do more chatting and less voice calls or get a cheaper network.
Notin unique about BB! If u ve any phone with qwerty keypad(not china and oldskool) install whatsapp! And u can chat for mre than an hour with just N10! BB is just a hype! Notin dey am!
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by betrani(m): 8:21pm On Jul 10, 2012
Emekuz: MTN, infact i regret using dat line. if nt for d fact dat i have numerous contact frnds on dis conartist sets of ppls netwk, i wuld hav switchd ova to oda ntwks. Can u imagine.? There is no package dat mtn brings to her customers dat wont favour them about 80% . MTN is too stingy to be used as a netwk. Luk at the Dstv mobile dat was free b4. Nw nt free anymore. Mtn maggic numba, mtn plus. Wht hav u?. Infact i regret buying this netwk as my first!
Simple arithematics! Buy etisalat! Load N500, inform all ur contacts on d MTN line of ur switch to etisalat via text msg on ur new etisalat! After this burn the MTN line; or break it! Shikiina
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by yebarbie(f): 8:34pm On Jul 10, 2012
@Gabbysky:
Let us do to them what we have done to DSTV, all in favour say 'AYE!"...
whoever still pays DSTV subscription in NIgeria needs a huge lesson BIG TIME!!

some of us are seriously experimenting ways of getting back at MTN the same way we hav done to DSTV, ...
Pls @Gabbysky or any1 else can u pls tell what u did 2 DSTV?
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by otokx(m): 8:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
Just switched on my cell broadcast and saw 15k/s for my zone, looks too good to be true but would try it all the same.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by otokx(m): 8:39pm On Jul 10, 2012
@yebarbie

its an open secret but the stuff seems to be off air since this morning.
Re: MTN Finally Bows To Market Pressure & Reduces Tariffs? by Kezzy24(f): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2012
Me i no kukuma do mistake say i de subscribe to their MTN Zone.1ce bitten,2ice shy...
For cheaper call rates,Airtel is the best bet.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My New Infinix Hot 11 Phone And The Gift I Received / iPhone 6s And iPad Pro Announced / TECNO Launches PHANTOM X Flagship With Polished Design And Powerful Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.