Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,517 members, 7,808,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism (3012 Views)

Why are mulsim countries intolerant of other religions / Why Are Some Muslims So Intolerant? / Taqiyya And Kitman: Are muslims permitted to lie? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by Sisterfatie(f): 12:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
I notice this in daily life on twitter even here on nairaland. For instance on the xtian board their religion is insulted daily yes they give xtremely stupid replies but they never seem violent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by maclatunji: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
Sister fatie: I notice this in daily life on twitter even here on nairaland. For instance on the xtian board their religion is insulted daily yes they give xtremely stupid replies but they never seem violent.

Interesting question, there are several levels and ways to answer this question. However, I think it might help us (you the questioner and we Muslims that want to answer this) that you give specific examples and not generalise. So, I would like you to give an example of a specific criticism of Islam you made and the reaction of (a) Muslim(s) that you found objectionable.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by MacDaddy01: 3:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 4:59pm On Jul 10, 2012
Have you no shame? Where did MACdaddy derail the thread? Where did MACdaddy insult anyone?

Intolerance is a big problem. You got no shame, MAClatunji.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 5:00pm On Jul 10, 2012
The very fact that you have hidden posts shows the intolerance.......

Shame shame shame. angry sad sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 10, 2012
LOL
Sister fatie: I notice this in daily life on twitter even here on nairaland. For instance on the xtian board their religion is insulted daily yes they give xtremely stupid replies but they never seem violent.
Yes, sister fatie please do what maclatunji asked, I'm also interested in these silly replies you spoke of.
Don't give NL atheists a bad name by peddling false accusations.
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2012
fellis: LOL

Yes, sister fatie please do what maclatunji asked, I'm also interested in these silly replies you spoke of.

How nice of you to avoid seeing the intolerance by Maclatunji hiding my posts. grin
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2012
fellis: LOL

Seriously, there is a great example on this thread. I cant see how you avoided that. MACdaddy got banned for no just reason other than stating that there are moderate muslims, extreme muslims.

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 5:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
www.nairaland.com/attachments/751345_uNFAIR_2_pnge16f7f34b68dea87764f7ec05d2260a3

1)Where was the warning?

2)What did I say that derailed the thread?
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2012
Furthermore my first comment oon the thread was even praising Vedaxcool on his debating ability no matter the criticism. I opened my post by saying that not all muslims are intolerant to criticism.

Maclatunji, angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2012
halalMACburger: Furthermore my first comment oon the thread was even praising Vedaxcool on his debating ability no matter the criticism. I opened my post by saying that not all muslims are intolerant to criticism.

Your new username is very funny. grin
but logicboy, I can't comment on the issue because I don't know the contents of the post that got you banned.
Kpele
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2012
fellis:
Your new username is very funny. grin
but logicboy, I can't comment on the issue because I don't know the contents of the post that got you banned.
Kpele

No problem.

As for my username, one of my muslim friend was asking me if Macdonalds sells halal burgers. That's the origin
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by maclatunji: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2012
halalMACburger: Furthermore my first comment oon the thread was even praising Vedaxcool on his debating ability no matter the criticism. I opened my post by saying that not all muslims are intolerant to criticism.

Stop ranting, I warned you about your first post and stop derailing. OP has asked we Muslims a question, let us answer without you barging-in. Observe and maintain basic courtesy. Another ban is on its way if you don't stop.
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
maclatunji:

Stop ranting, I warned you about your first post and stop derailing. OP has asked we Muslims a question, let us answer without you barging-in. Observe and maintain basic courtesy. Another ban is on its way if you don't stop.

Ehem, where was the warning?

And why cant a non-muslim answer the such a basic question?

Answer; not all muslims are intolerant.
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 7:09pm On Jul 10, 2012
maclatunji:

How did I derail?

As usual, a lack of response. smiley
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by halalMACburger: 4:32pm On Sep 06, 2014
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by BetaThings: 7:27am On Sep 07, 2014
halalMACburger: Interesting
Interesting indeed that anybody, especially the Christianists and the exponents of h.o.m.o.s.i.c.k.ness posing as objective observers of discussions, can open threads to make wild allegations and refuse to substantiate them
The real intolerance

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by Logic007: 3:26am On Sep 22, 2014
BetaThings:
Interesting indeed that anybody, especially the Christianists and the exponents of h.o.m.o.s.i.c.k.ness posing as objective observers of discussions, can open threads to make wild allegations and refuse to substantiate them
The real intolerance

You call homosexuals "homosick"

and you think you are tolerant?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by BossTtdiamonds(m): 6:39am On Sep 24, 2014
maclatunji:

This exactly is the intolerance @op was talkin' about, and you just proved the point she's made.
The point I'm tryin' to make is.. You'll probably behead me if we're debatin' in real life.

Just an Observation..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by maclatunji: 8:47am On Sep 24, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

This exactly is the intolerance @op was talkin' about, and you just proved the point she's made.
The point I'm tryin' to make is.. You'll probably behead me if we're debatin' in real life.

Just an Observation..

And you are? #Clueless

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by BossTtdiamonds(m): 9:36am On Sep 24, 2014
maclatunji:

And you are? #Clueless

Why deviate from the concept of the thread...
No one resort to insult you..yet you're talkin' your anger out on everyone... *your sarcasm states tis*..

My question to you is why are you intolerant when posed with questions that concerns your religion..

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by MacCantStopMe: 9:54am On Sep 24, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

No one resort to insult you..yet you're talkin' your anger out on everyone... *your sarcasm states tis*..

My question to you is why are you intolerant when posed with questions that concerns your religion..

Dont mind him. He is a typical conservative muslim that feels uncomfortable when his religion is questioned. Dark sarcasm, insults towards non-muslims, threats of banning and banning are his only methods of dealing with criticism.

Thank God we have better muslims than this....
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by maclatunji: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2014
BossTtdiamonds:

Who defines intolerance? You that was stereotyping with your "beheading" comment which is very offensive are tolerant? A ban might make you reflect on how truly tolerant you are. #LOL

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by MacCantStopMe: 10:47am On Sep 24, 2014
^^^^

grin grin grin As rightly said by me grin grin

MacCantStopMe:

Dont mind him. He is a typical conservative muslim that feels uncomfortable when his religion is questioned. Dark sarcasm, insults towards non-muslims, threats of banning and banning are his only methods of dealing with criticism.

Thank God we have better muslims than this....
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by BossTtdiamonds(m): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
maclatunji:

Who defines intolerance? You that was stereotyping with your "beheading" comment which is very offensive are tolerant? A ban might make you reflect on how truly tolerant you are. #LOL

And who said I was steroetypin'... I've seen muslims beat up a friend cuz he was preachin' to a muslim friend on the street.. Thugs from nearby rescued to poor boy..
If you're lookin' for who or what defines tolerance, you need not look any further. Your attitude is a perfect example of it (intolerance).
Oh! And maybe a ban 'lld show how tolerant I am....but it 'lld show how intolerant and unwise you are..

I would have asked you question..but I cant.. You are not so tolerant..
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by usba: 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
How is our multiple personality disordered individual doing?
Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by MacCantStopMe: 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2014
usba: How is our multiple personality disordered individual doing?

^^^

Resorting to abuse when the religion is challenged.

So sad undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Muslims So Intolerant To Criticism by arsenalwenger: 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2014
MacCantStopMe:

^^^

Resorting to abuse when the religion is challenged.

So sad undecided
It is unacceptable to critcize the religion of peace. If you criticise the religion of peace in pakistan or saudi arabia, you might be hanged.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Learn Arabic Online For Yoruba Speakers. / Virtues Of The Day Of Arafaah / Ogun: Bloody Path To Imamship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.