Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,783 members, 7,806,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

The New Bokoharam "PHCN" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The New Bokoharam "PHCN" (677 Views)

War Against BokoHaram: Rare Images Of Attacks And Soldiers Hunting Them. / Hundreds Of Bokoharam Members Killed (pictured) / Tribute To Officers And Soldiers That Fought Against Bokoharam But Died In The P (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The New Bokoharam "PHCN" by SYLVA247(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2012
Killing is not only achieved by the use of bombs, guns and knives.

One can also kill by making one depressed and lose of hope as the bible said and I quote: "hope defiled makes the heart sick".

Since the beginning of third republic in Nigeria, It was full of empty promises of steady power supply till now. And what do we get? Steady bill increase! Without corresponding power used.

Earlier this year was fuel subsidy which landed us to 97 naira per liter, if not more at times of little misunderstanding of IPMAN or Tanker Drivers.

That said, it baffles me or some Nigerian too on House agreement to raise PHCN tariff to 50% without any structure or improvement as to quantify current used per home.
This is what inhabitants of Aba, Abia State are facing.

PHCN meters are no longer used. The PHCN Officials made it mandatory for each flat to have a seperate bill. Whether there is meter or not, bill must come and you must pay or no light.

Well it's over 2 years now and their strategy of each flat per bill is working for them.

Then came the bokophcn. The 50% increase is now over 90%. A flat billed for N3500 without meter is now N6850. I will post evidence of my July bill here.

Is this not killing the poor masses?

Let's do some analysis: A flat in Aba is between N12000 and N18000. Now bokophcn is N6850 . That's a total expenses of N18850 to N24850 per month.

Let's compare it with the recent minimum wage of around N24000, please Nigerian, what is left in the account of such citizen?
Absolutely NOTHING!

This is total exploitation of the masses, in fact, it's killing of the highest order.

Will Nigeria continue this way? You too have a say to make it a changed place where the citizens will leave and enjoy rather than being frustrated and become hopeless.

(1) (Reply)

Edo 2012: Why Oshiomhole Should Be Re-elected - Our Endorsement (thisday) / Don’t Divide Nigeria, ACF Leader Tells Oritsejafor / Patience Jonathan, Turai Yar’adua To Settle Land Dispute Out Of Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.