Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,385 members, 7,800,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo (2203 Views)

Nigeria Army Has Lost A Hero, My Father Is Gone. / Why is igbo's most performing governor 'sulivan' not popular / Obasanjo Father Is Igbo, it is an igbo name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by mudstone(f): 9:44am On Dec 04, 2007
Hi i Heard from a source that obasanjo's father is an Igbo Man that he could'nt claim he's son because he was taking a cheiftancy title
Re: Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by niteduff(m): 9:31am On Dec 06, 2007
Yeah, he really resembles an igbo man with the tribal marks on his face,
Re: Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by 3dhunter(m): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2007
a friend of a friend of someone i know once told me that the mother is from Jamaica. but his family rejected him because he was not as handsome as the others.
are you sure we did not get our story from the same source
Re: Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by desgiezd(m): 2:05pm On Dec 06, 2007
It was Governor Orji Uzor Kalu that first mentioned this, then a news magazine (The News) carried the story in detail with the picture of the purported father of OBJ juxtaposed with that of OBJ and they resembled. Nothing is impossible, it could be a true story.
Re: Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by idupaul: 2:22pm On Dec 06, 2007
QOUTING OBJ
"The Owus are not rogues. If any Owu son or daughter is found to be involved in any shoddy deal, then such child's paternity is in doubt."

ENUFF SAID!
Re: Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by desgiezd(m): 2:50pm On Dec 06, 2007
Wait until his administration is probed then the fallacy in that statement would be brought to the fore!
Re: Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by Germannig: 3:39pm On Dec 06, 2007
If Obj was good, will some Yoruba want to hastily throw him away with the bath water the way they do now? The Man has affirmed time and time again that he is a Yoruba of Owu stock. No amount of bad belle-induced internal rejection can change that.
Re: Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by RichyBlacK(m): 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2007
Germannig:

If Obj was good, will some Yoruba want to hastily throw him away with the bath water the way they do now? The Man has affirmed time and time again that he is a Yoruba of Owu stock. No amount of bad belle-induced internal rejection can change that.

Well crafted!
Re: Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by grafikdon: 6:17pm On Dec 06, 2007
In the beginning, I thought this was a good joke and really laughed out loud, now I can see people are reading a lot of malicious meaning into this, in 2007?. Ethnic antagonism will be the death of Nigeria.
Re: Heard Obasanjo's Father Is Igbo by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Dec 06, 2007
Long Live Tribalism, Long live Africa cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin wink grin cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Baba Gana Kingibe {act To The President} Should He Go Free ? / Omatseye's Vituperations: Attempt To Destroy Awolowo Family By ACN - HID / Aig-imoukhede, Chair Of Presidential Panel On Subsidy Verification, Is Oil Cabal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.