Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows (48196 Views)

Nigerian Commercial Adverts Of 80's And 90's / Uri Geller loses his cool and really get mad in spoon council interview.. / Does Anyone miss NTA Of The 80's? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 4:46am On Sep 07, 2012
infogenius: Can anyone remember "Sura the tailor"?

I love my country
I no go lie
Na for inside am I go live and die
If e push me so
I push am so
E push me I push am
I no go go

Sura, Sura
Sura the tailor is your man!

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by infogenius(m): 6:03pm On Sep 07, 2012
naptu2:

I love my country
I no go lie
If e push me so
I push am so
E push me I push am
I no go go

Sura, Sura
na so.lol

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 11:38am On Sep 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2012
The Kwagh-hir (thing of magic) is a traditional theatre of the Tiv people of Central Nigeria (Tuesday on NTA Network @ 8 o'clock. I'd give anything to hear the signature tune again).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdvKY9DBqY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 12:32pm On Sep 29, 2012
naptu2: Mirror in the sun (1985)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSB5CMsAi08
Kai, my guy, e be like sey u old o shocked

In 1985 I was...lipsrsealed
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 12:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
Ishilove:
Kai, my guy, e be like sey u old o shocked

In 1985 I was...lipsrsealed

grin grin if only you know.
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 10:54pm On Sep 29, 2012
naptu2:

grin grin if only you know.
Oya na, make know grin
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 3:17pm On Sep 30, 2012
Ishilove:
Oya na, make know grin

Ok o! I grew up very fast. I was an avid newspaper reader by the time I was in primary 2 (God bless Daily Times, Vanguard and Punch). I had already started discussing politics with politicians by then (I knew all the latest hits and the latest soaps). I used to gist with the gate keepers, green eagles footballers, secondary school students, body guards, etc, while I was still a toddler.

But if you want to know then. . . . Tuface is older than I am smiley

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Ishilove: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2012
naptu2:

Ok o! I grew up very fast. I was an avid newspaper reader by the time I was in primary 2 (God bless Daily Times, Vanguard and Punch). I had already started discussing politics with politicians by then (I knew all the latest hits and the latest soaps). I used to gist with the gate keepers, green eagles footballers, secondary school students, body guards, etc, while I was still a toddler.

But if you want to know then. . . . Tuface is older than I am smiley
Tuface is 37...that could be anywhere from 18 to 36... Guy, as long as you are over 30, you old...niqqa you old!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha!! cheesy

Okay just kidding. You try sha grin. I read my first full length novel, 'The Odyssey Files' by John Grisham when I was 8 yrs old cool

2 Likes

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by infogenius(m): 4:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
Cock Crow At Dawn.Can someone remember that?
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 7:28pm On Jun 29, 2013
I still haven't found a picture of Matt and Gladys Dadzie, but I got one of George Menta. Unfortunately he died in April 2012 cry . He was 80 years old.

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 06, 2014
[quote author=Ishilove]
Tuface is 37...that could be anywhere from 18 to 36... Guy, as long as you are over 30, you old...niqqa you old!!! Bwahahahahahahahaha!! cheesy

Okay just kidding. You try sha grin. I read my first full length novel, 'The Odyssey Files' by John Grisham when I was 8 yrs old cool[/quote

I think you meant The Odessa File...by Robert Ludlum
Yeah...you were really eight then cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by inaiduna(m): 6:44pm On Aug 28, 2015
I was here!
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by GeorgeD2: 12:01pm On Jul 19, 2016
Who remembers "VILLAGE MASQUERADE" pls
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by joseph1832(m): 1:22pm On Jan 10, 2021
naptu2:
It wasn't Kate Henshaw. Kate Henshaw acted as the house-help in a different tv series (can't remember the title). She spoke a really weird form of english (at least I think it was english) in that series.
this should be Candlelight.

Sat down in a bar yesterday and one dude was just making noise. To my surprise the barman shouted, "louder!" I was the only one who actually knew what he was talking about. Lol

Don't think I'll forget Ichioku in a hurry. Even though I was too little to even understand what was said in the series.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Nmezor(f): 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2021
naptu2:

I love my country
I no go lie
If e push me so
I push am so
E push me I push am
I no go go

Sura, Sura
was it not I love palm wine?
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 5:36pm On Jan 10, 2021
Nmezor:
was it not I love palm wine?

No, it's I love my country.

The song was written by Wole Soyinka in the 1970s and it was used by Tunji Oyelana in a stage play. Tunji Oyelana also adapted the song for his hit TV sitcom "Sura Di Tailor".

The actual name is "Etika Revo Wetin?" (taken from a government campaign called Ethical Revolution).

It was later released in an album called "Unlimited Liability Company"

Wole Soyinka featuring Tunji Oyelana and the Benders - Etika Revo Wetin? (I Love My Country) (1983).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GyitDd7-JY

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by Nmezor(f): 5:42pm On Jan 10, 2021
naptu2:

No, it's I love my country.

The song was written by Wole Soyinka in the 1970s and it was used by Tunji Oyelana in a stage play. Tunji Oyelana also adapted the song for his hit TV sitcom "Sura Di Tailor".

The actual name is "Etika Revo Wetin?" (taken from a government campaign called Ethical Revolution).

It was later released in an album called "Unlimited Liability Company"

Wole Soyinka featuring Tunji Oyelana and the Benders - Etika Revo Wetin? (I Love My Country) (1983).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GyitDd7-JY
okay, i see.I was wrong then
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by naptu2: 4:45am On Jan 12, 2021
joseph1832:
this should be Candlelight.

Sat down in a bar yesterday and one dude was just making noise. To my surprise the barman shouted, "louder!" I was the only one who actually knew what he was talking about. Lol

Don't think I'll forget Ichioku in a hurry. Even though I was too little to even understand what was said in the series.

Ichoku always cracked me up because of the crazy translations and the reactions of the people in the court to the translations.

The look on their faces when the court clerk said that dogs and pussy cats were falling from the sky was priceless.

1 Like

Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by joseph1832(m): 6:51am On Jan 12, 2021
naptu2:

Ichoku always cracked me up because of the crazy translations and the reactions of the people in the court to the translations.

The look on their faces when the court clerk said that dogs and pussy cats were falling from the sky was priceless.
Lol. I've always believed the translator always told the judge the wrong details and sometimes even insults the judge with igbo.

Was really young then though. Had to watch those programs because it's what my older siblings watched. Sometimes they interpret it for me and sometimes they don't.
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by kayo80(m): 12:10am On May 05, 2021
Jayboy124:

The person who acted Willy-Willy was my lecturer during my undergraduate days. He wasn't in any way scary. Just a nice soft-spoken lecturer.

That makes him sound scary...cos I imagine that's just his alter ego, and he would turn to Willy Willy at night grin
Re: Some Funny, And Really Nice Nigerian 80's Shows by stasius: 2:38pm On Jan 28
naptu2:
How could I forget Kwaghir? The amazing puppet and masquerade show from Benue. I LOVED the signature tune. We had both funny and scary puppets and masquerades.

A festival of the Tiv people in Benue state of Nigeria, it is a display of traditional masquerades, puppet theater, some forms of acrobatics, dancing, music and sartorial display. A colourful festival indeed, it attracts many people and is accentuated by the friendliness and warm welcome of the Tiv people of Nigeria.

Thanks to Nairaland. I have been looking for the name of this show

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Scam Show': BBNaija Viewers Outraged Over Kaisha's Eviction / Meet The Big Brother Titans Season 1 Female Housemates (Names And Pictures) / Hushpuppi Film: Aremu Afolayan To 50 Cent 'I’m The One You’re Looking For'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.