Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? (19627 Views)

12 Young Entrepreneurs Who Make Me Feel Optimistic About Nigeria's Future / What Is The Force That Keeps You Going As An Entrepreneur? / Nigerian Entrepreneurs Worth Admiring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by bknight: 7:35am On Jul 13, 2012
A beautiful thread.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by TheMan3: 7:42am On Jul 13, 2012
Buisness world is great exciting and I love it. I remember I just got my final year result, wasn't so good. Took time out to pray, asked God for what I could do. I started this food supply business, fast forward now this year alone I have done almost 20 million and I am still a corper.

Bottom line is have a clear vision. If it is good for man and good for God, you will be surprised how God lines everything to your Favour. God is constantly looking for a man with mind big enough to contain great ideas and the will to do it.

The best way to start is to start.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by chukiz(m): 8:04am On Jul 13, 2012
I started a new business dont worry i would give you guys feedback couple of month pray 4 me.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by sokoanugwa: 8:06am On Jul 13, 2012
This is an interesting thread.we had a great dream during the service to start a biz with a monthly contribution of say 10k,we started welln but along the line we could not continue.the stories here have put me now under pressure to gather the 10 of us and pick up this biz.thanks for sharing your stories of strenght,faith,courgae and endurance.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by elyesh(m): 8:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Guys am getin educated here.i hav an intreprenueral mind...i graduated last and wil be getin maried by nov. And my service is by nov. Ceteris paribus i hav a strong desire 2 be relf independent bt der r discouragements al arnd.i feel am alone i want 2 go into farming seriously.i want u guys who 2 talk 2 me pls i wil equally want 2 try other things bt i want 2 start with farming

2 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by mctemmy(f): 8:27am On Jul 13, 2012
Make we hear word joooor all dis otedollar,dangote,mike adenuga and hosts of dem be indirect politicians cum 419.check dem history majority of dem r loyalist of d den military govt,u tink say he easy make persin start buz wt 100k and become billionare wtin d space of 25yrs?behind every great fortune in nigeria is a grt hidden crime don't be deceived!!!!!!!!!!!!most of dem r criminals fronting for some of our politrickcians!!!!!!!!
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by omodada1: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2012
I graduated wit 2.2 frm Lautech, URP. I was encouraged τ̅☺ work wit Town planning but wen i got τ̅☺ der office, the̶̲̥̅̊ topmost 'Oga' uses a tokunbo car. I asked if i wanted М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ future τ̅☺ be likwise having served the̶̲̥̅̊ Govt. ‎​Fø̲я̅ abt 2decades. Its ‎​₪☺ of cos. So i took up М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ passion of grafix and video works, did professional traing in animation, video compositing and special effects. I grew τ̅☺ helping direct Nollywood actors on set, crew wit a Reality T.V show, done jobs ‎​Fø̲я̅ many and yet counting by His grace. I run М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ Studio where i Train students and the̶̲̥̅̊ least of М̣̣̥̇̊Ɣ course is 70k per student. I tell u dis is more dan Salary. Morso, wen u work ‎​Fø̲я̅ Govt. And retire, u yet want τ̅☺ go τ̅☺ biz, wit weak skills and physical strent. Why not get ‎​ U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ passion turned into wealth while the̶̲̥̅̊ strength is available. I d spent money on interviews but τ̅☺ ‎​₪☺ avail, stop waisting tim. Buy books and read, talk wit mentors, dream of ‎​ U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ passion, overcom fear, be determined, explore ‎​ U̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ brain and above all, inquire from the̶̲̥̅̊ Lord. Its not a bad step if u want τ̅☺ be trained by us...video editing, video effects, compositing, modelin and animation, production and post production. 08030726430.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by acidtalk: 8:32am On Jul 13, 2012
mctemmy: Make we hear word joooor all dis otedollar,dangote,mike adenuga and hosts of dem be indirect politicians cum 419.check dem history majority of dem r loyalist of d den military govt,u tink say he easy make persin start buz wt 100k and become billionare wtin d space of 25yrs?behind every great fortune in nigeria is a grt hidden crime don't be deceived!!!!!!!!!!!!most of dem r criminals fronting for some of our politrickcians!!!!!!!!

Mr Man so whats your point?
Are you saying it is cheaper and safer working under someone for the rest of your life because you don't know any politician?

Wake up man. Don't lose hope in yourself and your future.

2 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by God2man(m): 8:33am On Jul 13, 2012
The.Man:
Buisness world is great exciting and I love it. I remember I just got my final year result, wasn't so good. Took time out to pray, asked God for what I could do. I started this food supply business, fast forward now this year alone I have done almost 20 million and I am still a corper.

Bottom line is have a clear vision. If it is good for man and good for God, you will be surprised how God lines everything to your Favour. God is constantly looking for a man with mind big enough to contain great ideas and the will to do it.

The best way to start is to start.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by bigx(m): 8:34am On Jul 13, 2012
mctemmy: Make we hear word joooor all dis otedollar,dangote,mike adenuga and hosts of dem be indirect politicians cum 419.check dem history majority of dem r loyalist of d den military govt,u tink say he easy make persin start buz wt 100k and become billionare wtin d space of 25yrs?behind every great fortune in nigeria is a grt hidden crime don't be deceived!!!!!!!!!!!!most of dem r criminals fronting for some of our politrickcians!!!!!!!!

Poverty & Great wealth all begin in the mind
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by Ozonna(m): 8:40am On Jul 13, 2012
acidtalk:

I appreciate every single poster but your story, @adecoline, @billynoire and @bigx, and the coaching lady are my favorite so far reason being you people gave an insist to the struggle and how it all started and that's the essence of this thread.

I believe a whole lot of people are getting inspire by this thread.

You don't have an idea of what youv'e done to peoples' lives by starting this thread. Godbless you. Hopefully in 5,10 or 20yrs time to come this thhread will still be alive filled with success stoories of pple that were motivated by this your thread and elsewhere.

For weeks I've been thinking of how to sack my boss. As I woke up early this morning, I stumbled on this thread. Something within me confirmed to me that my "SET TIME"is @ hand. So in a couple of months I'll post my success story here by God's grace.

3 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by benzion72(m): 8:44am On Jul 13, 2012
Am I qualified to put mouth in this issue cause I am just starting my own business. Banking kept me for ten years. I was let go unprepared last Year July. I did the only thing I know to do write CV but the interview are not forthcoming. Figure out that I need another means cause of pilling bills. I started liquid soap making business. I discovered that thousands are already in the business. I added insecticide and toilet wash. It is so easy to produce but selling is the real job. Cause you need to persuade and convince people that your product does work and equally effective. Some will buy and some will not. Remembered a school where I went to sell it I never sell a drop but have to give a complementary copy now they are regular buyer and some of them are taking my product to resell. I remember going to a big pack to sell and I was chased out by one woman who claimed she has being there seven years ago.
Friend you must be rugged to be an entrepreneur and learn never to give up. Yesterday I went out to sell a woman said she is not buying I said she should have a complementary copy she said she does not like free stuff she finally bought it. So many stories.

2 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by benzion72(m): 8:45am On Jul 13, 2012
Am I qualified to put mouth in this issue cause I am just starting my own business. Banking kept me for ten years. I was let go unprepared last Year July. I did the only thing I know to do write CV but the interview are not forthcoming. Figure out that I need another means cause of pilling bills. I started liquid soap making business. I discovered that thousands are already in the business. I added insecticide and toilet wash. It is so easy to produce but selling is the real job. Cause you need to persuade and convince people that your product does work and equally effective. Some will buy and some will not. Remembered a school where I went to sell it I never sell a drop but have to give a complementary copy now they are regular buyer and some of them are taking my product to resell. I remember going to a big pack to sell and I was chased out by one woman who claimed she has being there seven years ago.
Friend you must be rugged to be an entrepreneur and learn never to give up. Yesterday I went out to sell a woman said she is not buying I said she should have a complementary copy she said she does not like free stuff she finally bought it. So many stories.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by shilling(f): 8:49am On Jul 13, 2012
Nice thread. Don't have any stories to share. Just started my online business in January.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by bukkytroni: 8:52am On Jul 13, 2012
benzion72: Am I qualified to put mouth in this issue cause I am just starting my own business. Banking kept me for ten years.

Can someone please enlighten me on why Banking is like 'lost in the wilderness' kind of experience. Candidly, I have applied to banks and none have ever considered to even get back to me. Not funny though, especially in those years of desperacy to get just anything. I see most people quit banking to DO THEIR OWN THING which they eventually succeed in. What is the monster in the bank that we not-so-fortunates and most desperados cant see yet will do anything to get inside?

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by brownlord: 8:54am On Jul 13, 2012
Claracuzio: I ventured into business in 2009 after attending an aptitude test for NBC at events center ikeja, if anyone here witnessed the population at that venue which was supposed to be for 2.1 and 1st class, no resonable graduate will waste his time money and efforts to apply again which was what
I did I have 12 pple on my payroll directly and about a hundred pple that make their living through my business- drivers, distributors, etc.
I gross about 25m anually out of which my profit is about 14m. I only buy what I need and reinvest it back into the business. I don't drive a luxury car as many would want to. I have a dream which is to stop unemployment at least within my family.
I went through hell in school just to get good grades and discovered that it doesn't matter these days.
A whole lot of pple are scared to go into businesses because of the risks but life itself is a risk.
My advice to the unemployed, swallow your pride, get a skill and do somthing for yourself no matter how small, it will grow.

Nice story, but the line of bizness was not stated, we are here trying to learn. From ur success stories, and many young graduate are as confuse just as. I am, but you have an idea kind of biz. One can venture into wit 1m or 1.2?
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by Mcleo007(m): 8:56am On Jul 13, 2012
@topic, what has kept me going is courage, nothing more. It is that courage that greases every other factor.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by sample042(m): 8:58am On Jul 13, 2012
@op kudos!
Mine could be traced frm my childhood. I've always dared things dat r beyond me especially when it has to do with biz. As a student (though almst tru) i earn upto 200$ a month(convrt am to 9ja) due to God's inspiratn n my self motivation.
...D journey was damn tough at d bgining bt wit d advise frm my siblings and motivational pastors i buckled up. Am into a seasonal biz dat pulls crowd.
My little advice to prospects:
U'r defeated physically when ur mind is defeatd.
Ur aspirations may seem nt wrkn out at first, dis doesnt mean dat d biz doesnt yield. Every successful entrepreneur knws dat CONSISTENCY is a paramount key to a successful biz. Dats my little take on dis. Cheers!
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by DExplorer1: 8:58am On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by bigx(m): 8:58am On Jul 13, 2012
bukkytroni:

Can someone please enlighten me on why Banking is like 'lost in the wilderness' kind of experience. Candidly, I have applied to banks and none have ever considered to even get back to me. Not funny though, especially in those years of desperacy to get just anything. I see most people quit banking to DO THEIR OWN THING which they eventually succeed in. What is the monster in the bank that we not-so-fortunates and most desperados cant see yet will do anything to get inside?

Bankers or ex-bankers would be in the best position to explain.
Sometime last year, my Account Officer in GTB here who helped in opening my first corporate account when I was just an undergraduate actually called to ask what business I'm into as he was tired of the job & was planning to resign.
He's still there though, I guess they believe the reward for the effort expended isn't enough.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by kristonium(m): 9:08am On Jul 13, 2012
1. God
2.Tenacity of Purpose!!!
3. The burning urge to leave a lasting legacies for the future generation!

The dice is cast!
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by yam: 9:18am On Jul 13, 2012
Skanas: Wel,afta grad in 2008 microbiology EBSU n service in 2009 fggc mkpat enin Aks,I have neva 'seriously' applied for a job.Not like am proud of myself,becos ah stil want 2 practice my course..Ooo.But 9ja condition made me use 180k to start recharge biz(wholesale) on d 15th of Aug 2010 one month afta service.Lucky me,my dad has a shop so ah didnt hv 2 rent.I also hawkd d rechare cards eachtym my sis agree 2 stay in my shop..fast4ward to 2day...ah have 3 pple in my payrole,ah hav an annex,a sullivan cab(if u r in Enugu u'l no wat ah min) and stock capacity worth ova a million.Infact d very first dealer ah went 2 buy frm wit my 180k(n who actually insulted me)came 2 my shop 2 offer me credit facilities...lol al ah go sey na God do am...jst start something,u'l b amazed hw it wil spring up...minyl am stil goin bk 2 school..Ooo 4 my Msc. then Phd. Becos ah hav passion 4 lecturing...

ur story is gub but i will like to know weda u borrowed moni apart from 180k.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by Millyonaire(m): 9:20am On Jul 13, 2012
Entrepreneurship has always been my life.

When i was young say 10-11yrs ,we had a big freezer in our house.I put water in containers and froze them up till they were hard enough for to form ice blocks for sale.People would come from the adjoining streets to come and buy and before 12.00pm everything would have been sold off.

I did not really know the value of money then or even know how much it was until my aunt living with us asked me to give her the money i had saved for 1 month.She said she wanted to use it to start up a pepper soup business and supply a hotel near my house .I had made enough money to even give someone else to start up her own business.

Although i work presently for a company right now,im just bidding my time there pending when i have enough money to actually start the business i intend doing.

With God,determination and hard work,the sky is definitely not the limit,I'm aiming for the stars.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by brownlord: 9:25am On Jul 13, 2012
Can anyone help with the kind of bizness one can start up as graduate, wit atkeast 1m, please risk free
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by yam: 9:29am On Jul 13, 2012
Audinowing: Am a graduate of accounting with a very good result too, but for soone months now I ve been looking for job n non is forth coming. I am just tired with this job search thing n wants to venture into business. But the question is that, what kind of business can I do with 100k? Pls guys advice.

interesting indeed,

looking for strategic location where der is movement of people constantly.
contact me or do a market research to computer village and buy fones from major distributors at gud price
u can also venture into recharge card biz along and get registration kits for any GSM network.

0r contact me
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by yam: 9:43am On Jul 13, 2012
acidtalk:

A whole lot my brother.
Most times you can actual start off a business with 0kozo (zero kobo).

Even you are selling 'service' instead of 'product' then you sure might need very few startup cash.

I.E, maybe minimal amount for a complimentary card, flyers and one or two printed out proposal to be submitted.

Like you will always be asked what do you have a great passion for? Go and think deep come back with your answers and we will take it from there.

anywhere u tried and dis all depend on d kind of biz he wants to venture into[b]
I.E, maybe minimal amount for a complimentary card, flyers and one or two printed out proposal to be submitted.
[/b] but all dis bolded statement can do well with a good strategic location, it all depends of the guy of biz he or she waants
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by jefumare: 9:50am On Jul 13, 2012
I have been reading some articles and books online and i'm yet to be convinced that entrepreneurship is the sure way out. Not everyone is going to be a CEO, so i think if we all play to our strengths, then, we'll ultimately succeed. I stumbed on [http://www.ventures-africa.com/category/entrepreneurs/diary-of-an-under-30-ceo/]Diary of an Under 30 CEO[http://www.ventures-africa.com/category/entrepreneurs/diary-of-an-under-30-ceo/][url][/url] and its quite a good read as well.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by buJu234: 10:00am On Jul 13, 2012
nice one... for those of u looking for business...
i heard that church business is very profitable in Nigeria...
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by bigx(m): 10:01am On Jul 13, 2012
jefumare: I have been reading some articles and books online and i'm yet to be convinced that entrepreneurship is the sure way out. Not everyone is going to be a CEO, so i think if we all play to our strengths, then, we'll ultimately succeed. I stumbed on [http://www.ventures-africa.com/category/entrepreneurs/diary-of-an-under-30-ceo/]Diary of an Under 30 CEO[http://www.ventures-africa.com/category/entrepreneurs/diary-of-an-under-30-ceo/][url][/url] and its quite a good read as well.

Its not the sure way out, there are a lot of factors that come to play before anyone can succeed in business and no, not everyone is going to be a CEO, CEO's need people to employ grin
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by deandavid(m): 10:36am On Jul 13, 2012
ba_aliyah: After working for people for 10 years i resigned last january to learn tailoring. I have passion for fashion expecially sewing. I ve started making dresses for my self and my friends. I bought an industrial sewing machine @ 50k which i use @ home. It s not easy being married with 2 kids but it is a risk worth taking. Clothing is essential. U can start with little cash. u can spare 3 hours daily as an apprientis, in 6 months time u wont b thesame, if u have passion 4 it.
fashion designer,i have a qtn 4 u, are u creative? Can u cme up wit ur own design? If yes, then can u design and come up wit an african style of coperate dressing? I.e something smart, african and can be worn as office or coperate wear.
Re: Entrepreneurs What Has Kept You Going? by vemmawealth(f): 10:41am On Jul 13, 2012
Skanas: Wel,afta grad in 2008 microbiology EBSU n service in 2009 fggc mkpat enin Aks,I have neva 'seriously' applied for a job.Not like am proud of myself,becos ah stil want 2 practice my course..Ooo.But 9ja condition made me use 180k to start recharge biz(wholesale) on d 15th of Aug 2010 one month afta service.Lucky me,my dad has a shop so ah didnt hv 2 rent.I also hawkd d rechare cards eachtym my sis agree 2 stay in my shop..fast4ward to 2day...ah have 3 pple in my payrole,ah hav an annex,a sullivan cab(if u r in Enugu u'l no wat ah min) and stock capacity worth ova a million.Infact d very first dealer ah went 2 buy frm wit my 180k(n who actually insulted me)came 2 my shop 2 offer me credit facilities...lol al ah go sey na God do am...jst start something,u'l b amazed hw it wil spring up...minyl am stil goin bk 2 school..Ooo 4 my Msc. then Phd. Becos ah hav passion 4 lecturing...

@Skannas,

This your comment is quite commendable and very timely. my brother is about to start d recharge card business but has no Mentor. I will be glad if you can help him with Mentorship by giving him basic approach for a beginner. Please send me a mail to: xtayle@gmail.com or ping me on bbm pin 313A85B9. God bless

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How to Earn An Extra 45,000-95,000 Naira/month. / UPDATED: How Any Dummy Can Make Money Writing Online. / How To Start A Palm Oil Business In Nigeria(full Business Plan)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.