Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha (10318 Views)

South-east: Tension As MASSOB,IPOB ‘resume Protests Tomorrow’ / Riot In Aba Over Government Task Force (Photos) / Police Shoot One, Arrest 47 As MASSOB Marks 16 Years Annivrsary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
THE commercial city of Onitsha was in turmoil on Tuesday, as the Anambra State Special Task Force Against Street Trading popularly known as Ndi Mpiawazu and members of the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) clashed leaving six members of MASSOB on danger list.

The incident occurred at Haruna Street by Sokoto road section of the Onitsha main market.

Nigerian Tribune learnt that members of the task force, who had been warned by MASSOB to stop harassing the traders, allegedly stormed the market at about 9.45 a.m. armed with dangerous weapons apparently to attack the traders but they were resisted by members of MASSOB.

As a result, six MASSOB members were reportedly wounded while a bus belonging to the special task force was burnt to ashes.

However, the immediate drafting of policemen to the scene of the incident by the Onitsha Area Commander, Mr B.C Wordu and the Divisional Police Officers (DPOs) in charge of Onitsha Central Police Station, Mr Abdul Yusuf and his Fegge Counterpart, Mr. Roland Omatoje, brought the situation under control.

According to the Chief Provost of Haruna Traders Association, Mr Okechukwu Nwankwo, “we got information on Monday that Ndi Mpiawazu would be visiting the market because according to the rumour mill, they had boasted that nobody can stop them from operating anywhere in the market. Also on Monday, MASSOB members went round the market announcing that there is no more Ndi Mpiawazu in the market. So when they stormed the market with seven buses to force traders to pay certain dues, MASSOB members trailed them and they clashed in the process.”

The chairman of Ndi Mpiawazu, Mr Ikonso Onuorah, confirmed the incident on phone.

He noted that the attack on his members was carried out by hoodlums in the guise of MASSOB and called on the state government to look into the matter.

According to MASSOB’s National Director of Information, Comrade Uchenna Madu, “Ndi Mpiawazu has constituted public nuisance in Onitsha. Their current activities are illegal.”

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/43994-6-injured-as-massob-task-force-clash-in-onitsha
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by hardywaltz(m): 7:06pm On Jul 11, 2012
How on earth this piece of crap made the front page will remain a mystery. Soon two primary school kids fighting along their way home will soon make front page.

1 Like

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by REVOLUTNIS: 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
Well done MASSOB

5 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Decryptor(m): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
Oya Bluetooth and Ileke-Idi...come and rant ur usual bigotry statements here. This type of threads gives u both org.asms

3 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by CY09: 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
hardywaltz: How on earth this piece of crap made the front page will remain a mystery. Soon two primary school kids fighting along their way home will soon make front page.
Whats wrong with it being on the front page

6 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by dayokanu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
Yebariba samboribobo
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by slimdiggi: 7:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
Evrybody is forming groups n claiming rights...
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
REVOLUTNIS: Well done MASSOB

Mor'on,did you read the news at all before commenting ? The taskforce had been WARNED by massob to stop oppressing traders until this incident.I have always known massob to be bunch of hooligans and armed robbers.

5 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 11, 2012
e good sef, make everybody dey for im area dey fight this nonsense called govt. taskforce everywhere yet insecurity at the highest level! mtcheeew.

1 Like

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by lagcity(m): 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2012
lmfao! grin MASSOB puccies can't even stand against Ndi Mpiawazu. bunch of placard carriers. the truth is MASSOB is just another NURTW, they enjoy overstepping boundary and harassing ppl.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Decryptor(m): 7:29pm On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Mor'on,did you read the news at all before commenting ? The taskforce had been WARNED by massob to stop oppressing traders until this incident.I have always known massob to be bunch of hooligans and armed robbers.
Good! u have just "cum" from being bange.d sideways, now turn ur back for second round.
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Decryptor(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
lagcity: lmfao! grin MASSOB puccies can't even stand against Ndi Mpiawazu. bunch of placard carriers. the truth is MASSOB is just another NURTW, they enjoy overstepping boundary and harassing ppl.
At least MASSOB stood against the taskforce in the first place. They are better than OPC that carried leaves to demonstrate after an aboki killed a man from the west over an ashi tongue

6 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Panzastrip(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2012
He found his Biafran troops to be completely different from those who he commanded in Katanga. "I've seen a lot of Africans at war" he was quoted as saying. "But there's nobody to touch these people. Give me 10,000 Biafrans for six months, and we'll build an army that would be invincible on this continent. I've seen men die in this war who would have won the Victoria Cross in another context".

MAJOR TAFFY WILLIAMS

1 Like

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
Nigeria! Abyss of Anarchy.
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by kennysalaht: 7:40pm On Jul 11, 2012
wahala dey 4 dis country oooooooooooooo.
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by dinoinlove: 7:41pm On Jul 11, 2012
tongue
~Bluetooth:

Na U̶̲̥̅̊ nor read post they talk.na massob worn them nor the other way round

3 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by ebamma(m): 7:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
i will love to see dis massob guys clash with bokoboys or opc

1 Like

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by joeyfire(m): 7:43pm On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Guy wetin u smoke? read carefully

Nigerian Tribune learnt that members of the task force, who had been warned by MASSOB to stop harassing the traders, allegedly stormed the market at about 9.45 a.m. armed with dangerous weapons apparently to attack the traders but they were resisted by members of MASSOB.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by joeyfire(m): 7:46pm On Jul 11, 2012
Massob needs to be encouraged to perform its corporate social responsibility like this. Nice one
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Ramcie(f): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2012
I guess Boko Haram sent the TaskForce peeps ba? grin
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by ifyalways(f): 7:55pm On Jul 11, 2012
Ndi mpiawazu? Nice name. Lol only na "otu" are such names obtained.
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2012

10 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by joeyfire(m): 8:07pm On Jul 11, 2012
This is what I call "I must yarn 101"

So your region be like geneva abi?

PStylish: I had always thought Igbos were maltreated in the SW and North.
But reading this article has changed my perspective - Igbos are wicked to themselves. They are actually having it good outside their region.

7 Likes

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by wadoski: 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
hardywaltz: How on earth this piece of crap made the front page will remain a mystery. Soon two primary school kids fighting along their way home will soon make front page.
What‘s special about this ur front page?
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by BaBaMike: 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
What is the problem with this idiots called manslaughter massob. why are they inviting unnecessary chaos.

1 Like

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Slizbeat(m): 8:08pm On Jul 11, 2012
Mouth closed buh all i can say is "well done MASSOB", Keeping doing good and dont ever be like boko haram.
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by EyesWideOpen(m): 8:09pm On Jul 11, 2012
ebamma: i will love to see dis massob guys clash with bokoboys or opc
jst d boko boys, worwor like U. OPC ain't no aggressor!

1 Like

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

joeyfire:

Guy wetin u smoke? read carefully

Nigerian Tribune learnt that [b]members of the task force, who had been warned by MASSOB to stop harassing the traders, [/b]allegedly stormed the market at about 9.45 a.m. armed with dangerous weapons apparently to attack the traders but they were resisted by members of MASSOB.

Did you go to night school buttwipe ?
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Okijajuju1(m): 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
Is it just me or did anyone else read where it said the task force was a government outfit designed to curb illegal street trading...

Why then is MASSOB fighting the government... This is outrageous...

I find this unacceptable...
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by OneNaira6: 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
Anambra state Task Force? na wa ooh for Nigerian police force. Soliciting money from traders, wetin I no go hear. SMH

As for Massob, they really need to get rid of the non-violent stanch and get a weapon. They keep putting their lives in risk for others and fighting but common, fighting bare handed against criminals with weapon. Kedu uche bu ka?

1 Like

Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 11, 2012
Who gave massob the power to warn a government authority ? Isnt massob instigating a state of anarchy in the market by turning the traders against the taskforce ?
Re: 6 Injured As MASSOB, Task Force Clash In Onitsha by sureboykris(m): 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
~Bluetooth:

pls oga what's Ūя̲̅ point. Y insult d guy. U̶̲̥̅̊ made no point

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Are Igbos Desperate Over South South Minorites? / Nigeria Hijacked By Men With No Ideas — Sule Lamido / Buhari Will Still Run With Osinbajo In 2019 — Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.