Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

The Entrepreneur's Manual - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Entrepreneur's Manual (21724 Views)

The Entrepreneur: Who Delivers The Best Result With Online Product Marketing? / ANALYSED COST OF RUNNING A PURE WATER BUSINESS IN NIGERIA + START-UP MANUAL / The Entrepreneur's Mindset For Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Bamigeorge: 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
I am talking to anybody who wants to go into real business.I am presently in Ondo state(AKURE), a place where there is aboundant agricultural resources like cocoa,plantain,maize and etc,wood business and oil business.if you have interest in any of these businesses,say it here and i will give you the details.thanks
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by benzion72(m): 9:36pm On Dec 06, 2013
Where is Acidtalk?

Just stumbled on his thread, though he real tried responding to various questions and proffering solution. I real appreciate him for that.

But talks is very cheap. I would have expected acidtalk to share with us is own personal experience with business. Let us feel is experience for it is the best teacher.

Personally I have gotten some baptism into business and I can tell you business world is a tough one. Let me start with my first business experience. I started liquid soap production with twenty thousand naira. I went into this business because I was down to ground zero and I don't even have any source of capital.

I went for traning on Liquid soap/Bar soap production I paid 7000 for the traning though I got a lot of soap from the traning both bar and liquid soap.
My error 1 I should not have parted with so much money for traning I should have consult google and look around for the knowledge. I went from the traning to to Agbeni Market where I bought the chemical ingridents for soap making and platic container. I went with production Error/ Mistake number 2 I printed the labeling at the cost of 7000 for one thousand naira. Which is on the high side, I should have gone to Mokola the Mecca of printers in Ibadan for the printing job, I could have got it done at cheaper price.

After production and label I pasted poster around for sales boys and girls non showed up. I carried the product to Bodija market. A fight ensured there established products in the market and there are also small scale producer who has there products in major car park. I was forced to leave the market. I went to Aleshinloye market. Everybody was pricing nobody want to buy.
I came back home without making a dime, I wasted transport money. Error number 3 The market is saturated with liquid soap, there is also an established patter of marketing.
Each day I was looking at the liqudid soap and it is looking at me.

Breakthrough came when I started approaching hotel for sales. I gave them samples to use and I started getting order for liquid soaps

Lesson to learn
1. Do your market research very well. Is there a need for your products
2. How will you deal with established products and competitors
3. What packaging does the market want

Need to rest my hand I also venture into some other biz ventures I will share my experience some other time thanks

4 Likes

Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by PROVENSOLUTION: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2013
See www.provensolutions.com.ng/entreprenueurship-tips for more manual. Also take our olline career counseling to know if you are wired to be a professional or entrepreneur. Less you make career blunder. For the truth remains an entrepreneur must be innovative in nature. To capture the market see innovation and entrepreneurship, monopoly rules for more understanding.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by enehsky: 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2013
Acid talk, AiYellow is one of the leading companies in marketing online advertising directories. Operate in 30 languages and in over 150 countries, with business offices across all continents.

I join then while in London, Now i registered in Nigeria located at km 42 Lekki Ekpe expressway Lagos, our concept is super, have a look to some of my client just type this biz. Name in google and click on it, it will carry to our site ( lexy Nig. Limited, or mattaco enterprises )

Now my problem is this, I find difficult to get client I don't know why, may be b/cos Lagos have a lot of such, that's in online advert or what? Anyway the biz. was registered to cover the whole Nigeria not only in Lagos. But as many read your column from all over Nigeria. So do i need as many as to work with me as marketers anywhere they are in Nigeria.

I want you to devise me if am mistaken, payment will base on commission, any individual, company who have something to displayed is our customer. You can send an email to me for more details ( enehsky@gmail.com ) I will be looking forward for your respond urgently.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by detee2: 1:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
I jst stumbled on this tread now. Took d pain to read it frm d begining to end....and i wish acidtalk is back here...i really wish this thread can resurrect..
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by ngjpub: 10:11am On Dec 21, 2013
http://www.ngjpub.com/call-for-papers/

As part of our efforts in encouraging Nigerian Graduates who successfully conducted good research works (projects/ theses) upon graduation, Nigerian Graduates’ Journal is calling for the submission of research papers to be published online for free.

Note: The author must be a Graduate and is expected to have “defended” the work in his/her host University/institution. Publication starts January 2014.

Please visit www.ngjpub.com or contact admin@ngjpub.com for more information or inquiries.

Dr. Hosam Faisal

For Nigerian Graduates’ Journal.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Easier said than done.

If you want to be a businessman, then jump into it. you just have to start. You will learn the hard way and the only way....

Government regulation, market relocation, nationwide glut, misbehaviour of employees, over production, new market competition are few factors that can destroy your market survey..
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 7:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
okpara ugo: Easier said than done.

If you want to be a businessman, then jump into it. you just have to start. You will learn the hard way and the only way....

Government regulation, market relocation, nationwide glut, misbehaviour of employees, over production, new market competition are few factors that can destroy your market survey..

The Best and Fastest way to learn in business and life is through the hard way
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by brio(m): 7:44am On Dec 30, 2013
please Acidtalk advice me on wat business one can start with N200,000
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by frenzybest1(m): 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
acidtalk: Dear People,
I will answer as much questions as I can (may not be too detailed though because I am not too free right now)

@BoboYekini,
The fact that businesses keep failing everyday is no reason why anyone should loose hope in starting on.

Banks sack everyday yet people roll over each other to get a job in the bank.

NDLEA catches people everyday yet people take the risk of smuggling drugs everyday.

I gave the above examples because you absolutely have control over the situtaionunlike being a business owner where with proper planning and strong positive mind set, you can operate your business over 50years.

In this my lectures, I will NOT talk about the internet money making business. Not that I don't believe in it but I will rather let people get trained on 'real life' (touch and feel) mode of business. More people have gotten their hands bitten in the internet business than any other sector.

@Super1759,
Its not all about attending seminars and exhibitions. It is about PRACTISING it. It like a man who is an expert driver in video game car racing and jumps in a car, starts the ignition and wants to zoom off. Bearing in mind that he as never driven a car.

Though its a good thing you have a good knowledge of the nitty gritty of being an Entrepreneur, but it takes only 'action' to attain that success and dream you crave for.

@Yamakuza,
That's a huge one naming up to 20 business ventures but this is what I will do, I will try and name as many REALISTIC businesses one can startup with N250,000 or less. The pros and cons of each will come in subsequent responses.

LADIES :
*Mobile Spa
*Makeup Artist
*Cake and Snack making
*Event Decorator
*Fashion Designing
*Recharge Card sales /Phone Call
*Mobile Supermarket (On demand)
*Interior Decor
*Home Tutorials
*Contract Nanny
*Lesson Teacher
*Home / Office Cleaning Agent
*Executive Messanger
*Hair Dressing Salon
*Sales of Weavon and other Hair accessories.

MEN
*Gaming Centre
*Sales of fairly used Laptops and Phones
*Training of Animals
*Sporting Coach to children
*Retail Kerosene Supplier
*Barbing Salon
*Shawama / Pizza Spot
*Transportation (Okada, Keke Napep, Danfo, or Taxi)
*Branding
*Graphics / Website Design
*Network Engineer

Please Note that some of the above stated job description fits perfectly for both sexex and also most of them are SERVICE delivery and (NOT) PRODUCT delivery.

The difference between the two is that Service delivery needs very meager startup capital as you won't need much money to start it up.

Life in general is risking so it isn't different from starting up a business.

3 key things you need before starting a business is;
*Believe in yourself
*Have a Dream and Stick to It
*Determination and Will to Succeed

3 key areas you should get to know about the basic knowledge are;

*Accounting (Financial Knowledge)
*Management
*Customer Satisfaction

3 unavoidable processes are;
*Sales and Marketing (will explain the difference later)
*Brand (Development and Strategy)
*Legal (no business is too small to understand the legal backing and have one).

I will like to take the permission to change this thread topic to -

The Entrepreneur's Class (All You Need To Know)
You did not talk about talent,as for me i write poetry but am also a student,but i believe as my blog grows i will earn from it.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by cdieli(m): 5:41pm On Dec 30, 2013
You can make cool cash during the new year . Invest in Europe and get a diversified portfolio,Each of the businesses, including factories, facilities, restaurants and service companies, is a potential source of income. To learn more about these businesses contact me on :ogookpoko@gmail.com

I will be willing to lead you through the processes of registration with full transparency and convenience.

Best Regards
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by ugojeswite(m): 6:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
Please guys I need help. How months is needed professionally for a new business to break-even?
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Angelstartups(f): 10:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Do you have a viable business idea?or you are looking for where to invest in,then go to www.angelstartups.com.ng
You will find great ideas to invest in.its free.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by gabuu(m): 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
I am of the opinion that business is a marathon and not a sprint. It becomes difficult if the entrepreneur has his eyes set on profit the very first day the business opens. It is possible, but very, very difficult to achieve. We are building a team of young sales people for 2014, if interested pls visit www.aanoraltd.com

The business route might be painful but is your best bet for a rewarding financial freedom
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by halifab: 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2014
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 04, 2014
Quick-Start off Mobile Cash-Kit System For Nigerians IN 2014!

Forget all about complicated stuff like:Clickbank,Paypal,Graphcard etc.,
Newbies especially should concentrate on Making Money Online Legitimately in Nigeria!!

Discover How You Can accomplish this with relative ease;

Make Up To N50,000 Every Month. Guaranteed!! From
The Internet. To Get Free Details Visit:
My Signature Features Below:
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by gowaga68: 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2014
una weldone here o!
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by kendraloops(f): 11:22pm On Dec 16, 2014
acidtalk, please continue the lessons.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by kendraloops(f): 5:10pm On Dec 17, 2014
Bamigeorge:
I am talking to anybody who wants to go into real business.I am presently in Ondo state(AKURE), a place where there is aboundant agricultural resources like cocoa,plantain,maize and etc,wood business and oil business.if you have interest in any of these businesses,say it here and i will give you the details.thanks

I'm interested. I be woman o but I'm ready!!
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by FIDELITY24(m): 11:07pm On Jan 31, 2015
Guy keep up the good work, people like me will learn a lot from post like this. Am an aspiring entrepreneur, though still in school am putting some finances together cause I don't intend to look for a job... Am ready to take the risk and become my own boss!
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by acidtalk: 2:22pm On Feb 01, 2015
FIDELITY24:
Guy keep up the good work, people like me will learn a lot from post like this. Am an aspiring entrepreneur, though still in school am putting some finances together cause I don't intend to look for a job... Am ready to take the risk and become my own boss!

Brilliant. Best decision ever.
Re: The Entrepreneur's Manual by waShine(m): 1:06am On Feb 20, 2016
acidtalk:

What about if i offer to give you 100% free consulting / advice on all your enquiries, questions, and ideas.

you and everyone coming from this thread is getting same offer.

ny little contribution to willing entrepreneurs.
My brother i too need it i have been battling for over 3yrs but i can't stand on my own, presently i have involved a friend with 1mil which i used to setup a home factory and awaiting NAFDAC number and so on

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Court Awards $10 Million Damages Against Shoprite For Contract Breach / Unauthorised Bank Charges: How To Complain To The CBN (Very Simple) / How Cosmas Maduka Turned $1 Into Multimillion Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.