Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,513 members, 7,808,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State (18116 Views)

EFCC Arrests Nkechi Ejele, Sacked Permanent Secretary / The Gift Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Culture And Tourism Gave To PMB (Pics) / FG Suspends Permanent Secretary Ministry Of Foreign Affairs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by opee1231(f): 7:22pm On Jul 12, 2012
too bad an explanation... i sure say she obtaind those thns in bayelsian language... lol..wetin ds explanatiom teach us self?
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 12, 2012
[quote author=Parnassuss]Only in Nigeria canthis shitt stand. Anyone who condones or justifies this is either a perfidious fool or a heinous criminal in league with the GEJ grand scheme to regress Naija! Nobody needs to come and give highhanded constitutional quotes on how a person should not be sucking the govt teat @ two ends, or the unethical use of using public office to ur family's advantage or the illegality of promoting an absentee worker in govt. There's no need for all that sanctimonious talk if the base faculty of COMMON SENSE has deserted us
....you too much guy! Certainly you r one of our brightest,....kip it up bro.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by ypzilanti: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2012
Bayelsa CLO faults Jonathan's wife's appointment
By Isaac Ombe-Yenagoa 1 hour ago

Bayelsa CLO faults Jonathan's wife's appointment

Says it is a slap on the face of the people of the state

The appointment of Dame Patient Jonathan, wife of the President as one of the 18 permanent secretaries named by Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa State has been faulted by the Chairman of the state chapter of the Civil Liberties Organisation, Mr. Morris Alagoa.

In a statement titled : The Appointment Of Nigeria’s First Lady As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State: An unacceptable step” noted that “With all due respect to the Office of the Governor, the news of the appointment of Nigeria’s first lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan was received with disbelief and rude shock. It would have been better if it just ended as mere rumour than reality”.

“Ordinarily there wouldn’t have been anything wrong with Mr. President’s wife being appointed a Permanent Secretary in any state of her origin or by marriage; as is the Bayelsa scenario. While those who are claiming that Mrs. Patience Jonathan has been a Civil Servant in the state may be right, most Bayelsans are just hearing this side of her being a civil servant for the very first time”.

Accoridng Alagoa, the questions begging for answers from concerned Bayelsans are that: Was she on secondment or a leave of absence all these years? Has her name been featuring in the pay roll of the Bayelsa State government? Has she been part of the several staff audits that have taken place since, including the Biometrics conducted by the office of Due Process and e.Governance Bureau during Sylva’s administration? Bayelsans would want to know because Mrs.Patence Jonathan must not be allowed to eat her cake and have it.Again, have she been going to work as a state civil servant?”

“ These questions are very important because we know that when Abusalami was the Head of State, his wife was working before then. When Dr. Peter Odili was Governor of Rivers State, his wife, Justice Mary Odili was working. So, where was Patience Jonathan working when her husband was Deputy Governor?

“It may not be difficult for the government to cook up documents to take care of all the questions about her being a civil servant, but how did she rose through the ranks in the ministry. Permanent Secretary Positions are not like honorary degrees issued by Universities. It follows real career development in Ministries; they are not even political appointments like the position of Commissioner”.

He added that in view of the fact that a Permanent Secretary is supposed to be the engine room of any ministry, one thinks this lady would not fit such a position.

CLO stalwart advised “Governor Dickson not to set bad precedents like this. It is a known fact that Dickson is really close to Mr. President, but if he thinks this is the best way to express appreciation of the closeness, the move is not only unacceptable but an opprobrium he has brought to Bayelsans”

“The appointment is unacceptable and a slap on Bayelsans. And, unless the appointment is reversed; it could mean the beginning of many other false steps of Dickson to come. If he is out to fight corruption; then he such also know that there is something called moral bankruptcy which leads to other corrupt tendencies and practice. This could fall within that sphere. Unless the Hon. Henry Seriake Dickson led government is able to clearly and convincingly explain to Bayelsans the mystery surrounding this appointment and place same in perspective, this is could be viewed as an act of fraud. Our commonwealth should not be used to further widen the lacuna between the have and haves not; but allow for even spread to benefit even the unemployed, those below the poverty line, children, the physically challenged amongst us and the aged through well articulated social security schemes. The expectations of the people should not be dashed with negative news where the rich will be getting richer and poor poorer.

Most of the government officials interviewed on the issue condemned the development but pleaded not to be named for fear of being reprimanded.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Eziachi: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
Okija_juju: WTF!!
I take it you no longer think its Saharareporters made up story? I am sure you will think of something else. I can't wait for your brother Abati's spin on this one. grin grin grin
You bloody Nigerians haven't seen anything yet. I think this nice humanitarian gesture from generous Bayelsa government is step one of Jonathan declaring his asset.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
Why is everything attached to GEJ = corruption?

Even his wife. Nnawa o!
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Biggyd2: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
[quote author=ypzilanti]Bayelsa CLO faults Jonathan's wife's appointment

Eehn! Very good! Bayelsa people make una dey shout o, if not, na dem boi boi go soon get job for una civil service.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Eziachi: 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2012
iykak47:
Is it illegal or immoral to appoint Patience as permanent secretary?
Its neither illegal/immoral if she has a job that she goes to like every other worker like Mrs Odilli, but for the fact that she hasn't turn up for work for 13 years, but still receiving salary and now got super promotion doesn't just made it illegal/immoral but gobsmacking.
When I predicted that Jonathan and his wife will be the first in their position in Nigeria to be jailed for corruption, not because they are the biggest thieves but because they are turning out to be the most gullible thieves ever, people thought that I was joking or crazy. But It will happen.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Eziachi: 9:28pm On Jul 12, 2012
TalkingBird: We have civil servants in the East, West, North and South whose manner of speech/ intonation/accent is affected by their mother tongue. English is not our first language in Nigeria.
So we understand the difficulties some of us face.
On the issue of permanent secretary appointment, every Nigerian have the right to work in Nigeria.
Human beings like you are wonderful species, they will defend the indefensible with some daft excuses that deserves death penalty.
Next you will tell us that she goes to work each morning from Abuja to Yenagoa to earn her monthly wages and this super promotion?.
English is not your mother tongue, even though it was used to teach you from nursery school to Mrs Jonathan attainment of haul of unexplained university degrees.
And the worst being that she was even credited to be a teacher at some point, probably she was teaching her students in Okrika or latin.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Olaone1: 10:06pm On Jul 12, 2012
I think they are preparing Dame for 2015 (?) Bayelsa guber.

lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Johndoe100(m): 10:09pm On Jul 12, 2012
Eziachi:
Human beings like you are wonderful species, they will defend the indefensible with some daft excuses that deserves death penalty.
Next you will tell us that she goes to work each morning from Abuja to Yenagoa to earn her monthly wages and this super promotion?.
English is not your mother tongue, even though it was used to teach you from nursery school to Mrs Jonathan attainment of haul of unexplained university degrees.
And the worst being that she was even credited to be a teacher at some point, probably she was teaching her students in Okrika or latin.

Eziachi, I forgive you, as you are far away. Let me enlighten you, each state has staff in Abuja, yes even up to Perm Secs (short form of Permanent Secretary). She was a DIRECTOR in our Ministry of Education. As a Director promotion to Perm Sec is normally expected. I do understand that their is nothing we can do in our states to please your Ibo azz, but please have the decency to stay out of our affairs, nothing we do in our states with our money is of the slightest concern to you. If there is a story about omo-na, then we will look to you for your snide comments.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Johndoe100(m): 10:15pm On Jul 12, 2012
Eziachi:

Eziachi, I forgive you, as you are far away. Let me enlighten you, each state has staff in Abuja, yes even up to Perm Secs (short form of Permanent Secretary). She was a DIRECTOR in our Ministry of Education. As a Director promotion to Perm Sec is normally expected. I do understand that their is nothing we can do in our states to please your Ibo azz, but please have the decency to stay out of our affairs, nothing we do in our states with our money is of the slightest concern to you. If there is a story about omo-na, then we will look to you for your snide comments.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by pcicero(m): 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2012
Johndoe100:

Patience director in the ministry of education? Wtf! Little wonder Bayelsa is backward in spite of all the resources!

And you are proud to declare that? You deserve an Oscar for your shamelessness.

I have pasted the reaction of Bayelsa state's CLO above on the other thread where you made another silly attempt to justify the stupidity emanating from your enclave.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by bobolic: 10:26pm On Jul 12, 2012
I agree that if the Bayelsans are not worried, then why should we. They have so much money that they don't know what to do with it.The other day a newspaper reported that some N150,000,000 stolen by Alamco and domiciled in America is to be forfeited to the government of that country. Yet they call this man their Governor general. Much in the same way that General Idi Amin once called himself Conqueror Of The British Empire.The people who collect derivation funds every month behave funnily at times. In spite of all the money that Ibori stole from them, they declared him innocent in their courts. Or when Uduaghan wanted to use over 7 billion naira to demolish a hill, no one reminded him that they had no roads, water,etc.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Eziachi: 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
Johndoe100:

You need prayers in order to forgive yourself first before thinking of forgiving anyone else.
Many of you has gone beyond redemption. I take it Mrs Jonathan goes to her job as Bayelsa civil servant every morning in Abuja and so hardworking in her job it earn her a hefty promotion?
And the last I checked she was touring all over the world with her husband doing her civil service job, while in Brazil attending her earth summit for weeks?
Sorry! how can I forget? she is on garden leave for the last 13 years.
Now its all about your state's affair and I should stay away because your so-called bloody state is living in isolation?
How does people like you sleep at night?
But how can I be surprised or amazed at your level moral bankruptcy? afterall when Alams returned as a woman, you and your state gave him a heroes welcomethen with Jonathan himself as the cheer leader after screwing you up like fools. I take it people like you had never done a day job in their lives, no wonder you people are so poor and retched in the midst of plenty.

1 Like

Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by perfectbundle(f): 11:37pm On Jul 12, 2012
TalkingBird: 1.We have civil servants in the East, West, North and South whose manner of speech/ intonation/accent is affected by their mother tongue. English is not our first language in Nigeria.
So we understand the difficulties some of us face.
2.On the issue of permanent secretary appointment, every Nigerian have the right to work in Nigeria.

1.Bird,do u mean u cnt comunct meanifuly2?no one has criticizd her intonations/phonetics here(tou dt one too na issu),bt her reasoning ability,tenses,collocations,word usage are unimaginably cancerous. Wot are d basic fuctns of a sec? If u knw dm, sure, she cnt dlvr wen her communicative and writing skill is zero, or evn negatv.destiny could ve choosn any oda career 4her o, bt definitely not SEC.ds is evn a slap on d so cald assc of perm secs. Well sha i heard in bayelsa... anything goes.
2.who is sayin she shdnt work?wit her yrs of exp she is nt close @all 4d said promo.i hear double pro, her own na...super promotn. Wit her nce bagd'89,she wnts2eat hr cake&ve it @samtm. Well in bayelsa...anytn goes.i trust my native pple.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Johndoe100(m): 2:04am On Jul 13, 2012
pcicero:

Patience director in the ministry of education? Wtf! Little wonder Bayelsa is backward in spite of all the resources!

And you are proud to declare that? You deserve an Oscar for your shamelessness.

I have pasted the reaction of Bayelsa state's CLO above on the other thread where you made another silly attempt to justify the stupidity emanating from your enclave.

It is parasites like you that are the bane of this country. You and your people contribute nothing but think you can come and retard us when we do things we think are in our best interest. Well think again, this issue does not concern non indigines of Bayelsa, There are Governors with 999 special assistants, Okorocha has SA's for Lagos and one for comedy as well as dozens of others. Go and see if they care what you think. All the parasites should leave us in the Niger Delta alone.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Kobojunkie: 2:20am On Jul 13, 2012
bobolic: I agree that if the Bayelsans are not worried, then why should we. They have so much money that they don't know what to do with it.The other day a newspaper reported that some N150,000,000 stolen by Alamco and domiciled in America is to be forfeited to the government of that country. Yet they call this man their Governor general. Much in the same way that General Idi Amin once called himself Conqueror Of The British Empire.The people who collect derivation funds every month behave funnily at times. In spite of all the money that Ibori stole from them, they declared him innocent in their courts. Or when Uduaghan wanted to use over 7 billion naira to demolish a hill, no one reminded him that they had no roads, water,etc.

Let's be fair here. The people in Bayelsa are probably even more outraged then the rest of us. Only that they have given up hope of ever getting their voices heard by anyone apart from those in their immediate environs. You can almost imagine that these people continue to have their dreams hijacked by those they put in government positions, who promise them heaven and earth if elected, only to forget those who elected them, once they get into office. I don't think it is fair to assume that Bayelsans are in league with these people. And I don't think the people, in the Niger Delta, struggling to make sense of what is going on in there land, and watching while the thieves, and criminals get rewarded while the hard-workers suffer and die young.
I think, every Nigerian out there needs to forget the borders between states, and try to do all that is possible to register their complaint. These people should not keep getting away with this, no matter what corner of Nigeria they happen to be from.

1 Like

Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Beaf: 2:39am On Jul 13, 2012
Again:

Wrong move.

1 Like

Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Johndoe100:

It is parasites like you that are the bane of this country. You and your people contribute nothing but think you can come and retard us when we do things we think are in our best interest. Well think again, this issue does not concern non indigines of Bayelsa, There are Governors with 999 special assistants, Okorocha has SA's for Lagos and one for comedy as well as dozens of others. Go and see if they care what you think. All the parasites should leave us in the Niger Delta alone.

this is the best this Arrow can come up with
next he will resort to insulting the parents of his betters

anyway, he is probably from bayelsa where patience runs things in the ministry of education , so small wonder
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 4:20am On Jul 13, 2012
the gej administration

one week one scandal

i swear, this man will go down in the annals of history and it WILL be nasty
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by VoodooDoll(m): 4:45am On Jul 13, 2012
oyb: the gej administration

one week one scandal

i swear, this man will go down in the annals of history and it WILL be nasty

GEJ's fall will be the stuff of legends. A tale of woe and shame to warn future aspirants and ladder climbers. I fear his fall will indeed be televised, in that terrible African way of televising fallen "rulers". A fall that will make his relations rue their connections to him, I just hope his boot lickers are close by to share in his fall when it happens.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 6:24am On Jul 13, 2012
As u can see,
Ur problem is u don't kno ur problem.......
The full detail has already been posted immediately before ur watery post.........

If u can't see something as close as that.........then u will neva see poo in Dame Gej appointment.........too big for ur eyes to show ur brain for analysis.....once again,Shame!!!
FSU:

Go and get the full details of his appointment before running your mouth
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Tolexander: 7:10am On Jul 13, 2012
FSU:

Let's even be comic with you silly point. Patience has been in the state civil service who appointed her. Can you tell me how she is unqualified for the position?
mr slowpoke! Haw can you tell me a ghost worker who has been away since her husband has been a governor as an unconstitutionally fabricated first lady is qualified to be a permanent sec. Do you think it jst a post u can stay afar to oversee? A permanent sec is d link between the commissioner and the other workers base on d experience qualifications in the work. So u expect her to do that from abuja right? Keyboard is not just an application of finger input.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 13, 2012
. . . What more can you expect from Jonathan and his clueless band of dimwits?
Classic GEJ.
I can't even believe for the life of me that some people are trying to defend this act of senselessness.
Facts are:
Dame is a ghost worker.
Dame's appointment as Permanent Sec didn't follow due process due to her absence from the Civil Service (she LEFT and is not on record as being on leave of absence).
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by chiefarian47(m): 8:22am On Jul 13, 2012
Is dis democracy ?hw cn a sinlge person b heading two positions wen der r pple der dat r vast nd brilliant unlik d dull FL.GEJ is corrupt thru his access declariatn. naija na wer we dey go?
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 13, 2012
knowing the way they do things down there beaf and co are hard at work generating work related documents as we speak to spam the net with

the invention of dame p's career much like teh cloning of jamiu ibori
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by chiefarian47(m): 8:38am On Jul 13, 2012
Der r lost of pple out der in d civil service dat deserve dis position instead of given it to our UNIPORT FL who cn nt really xpress our self so hw wil she b manage dis kind positn,GEJ is corrupt so am nt surprise sha. naija wake up.
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by jenti: 9:07am On Jul 13, 2012
idirect:
Lets occupy Uniport.
Burn the whole building

WHERE IS NUC IN THIS DEGREE DASHING UNIPORT

SHAMEFUL
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by nwgoziri(m): 10:54am On Jul 13, 2012
No wonda thy threw stones on sylva nd pushd him out.so as to get wat thy wnt using idowu dickson,naija boat is sinkin
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by gbadeyan2: 3:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
superior1: Uniport again?, PhD Zoology for hubby, Bsc Psychology for wife, Haba!!Uniportiii!!!
Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Bolarge1(m): 5:32pm On Jul 13, 2012
WHAT A CELEBRATION OF SELF PROMOTION.

OK MY TURN GO SOON REACH.

Re: Why We Appointed Dame Patience As Permanent Secretary In Bayelsa State by Natasha2(f): 6:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
4k she took my dad's spot. angry
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Elders Fault Wike On Road, Bridge / Major Streets In Jos Flooded (Photos) / Lere Olayinka Replies Fayemi On Probe: 'Start Your Probe Now, We’re Not Afraid'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.