Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? - Gaming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? (4615 Views)

Outrageous Prices Of Game Consoles By Sellers / Do You Have An Idea On The Current Price Of Play Station 2 ? / What Is The Current Price Of Psp In Computer Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 16, 2012
Someone is suffering from insomnia

~recent post~
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 8:11am On Jul 16, 2012
Ummm Playstation 3 is a flop as well......

Why you bring another "flop" system up to justify motion control gaming being "not" being a "flop" i have no idea....

Oh! So PS3 flopped! PS Move flopped, Wii flopped, Kinect flopped. The 360 flopped too right? cheesy

You should consider changing your argument from "motion gaming flopped" to (seventh generation)"gaming flopped".

You can't engage in a debate about "motion control gaming" then ignore the "fails" of motion control gaming

The PS Move is ONE device, it's relative lack of success isn't enough to conclude motion gaming "flopped" when the other TWO devices(Wii/Kinect) set numerous sales records.

The Ps3(which is also a flop) and the xbox 360 are both more profitable than the wii....As of 2011-2012..

Conveniently ignoring the Wii was far more profitable than both of them for a much longer time and was outselling them 2:1 COMBINED at a point. . .

Do you notice the links you post are from 2008...while the links and information i post are from 2012?...Lmfao

I specifically posted details from 2008 because that's when Sony were posting the biggest losses on the PS3 as i recall, I'm sure you read the part i said "the first two years alone".

You also conveniently ignored the "2012" info i posted about the 360's CURRENT losses. In case you missed it:

Microsoft's entertainment and devices division has not been too lucrative lately, with figures revealing a loss of $229 million in the three months ending March 31(2012). As this console generation begins to wrap up, news arrives of Xbox 360 sales falling by nearly 50%.

Not to mention $1.1b on RROD alone, lol

Comparing one flop to another flop does not make much sense either...But for the sake of argument ps3 had been outselling the wii in japan since 2009

I couldn't care less about figures in Japan or your village at specific intervals, i do know the Wii outsold both the PS3 and 360 worldwide by a light year in 2009, the same year Wii sales started plummeting according to his Royal daftness! cheesy

The Magazines have declared Xbox the most profitable system....It owns wii in both Europe and America...wii started out fast but sales have died the last 3 years

Hehehe, most profitable after how long? We should ignore the immeasurable losses Xbox has cost MS over the years and focus on the fact they've been the most profitable for like a minute, LOLOLOLOL.

you never really wanted to argue the "FACT" that motion control gaming died...you just wanted to be a nintendo fan boy and stick up for your ancient prehistoric "dead" nintendo wii

Oh, now I'm a Nintendo fanboy!? Lol. Nintendo is my most hated(more appropriately "least liked" ) console maker. I "liked" Genesis more than SNES even though it had better games, preferred PS1 to N64, Dreamcast/PS2/Xbox to NGC, which i thought was complete garbage and is the only console from the last two generations i never owned. Gave my Wii away ages ago as i only used it like twice a year etc.

However, unlike you, just because i don't like something doesn't compromise my objectivity.

People who own Xbox Kinnect(like me)...we don't use it for gaming...(because it's terrible for gaming) we use it for other things....like video kinnect

It has other functions

What a load of codswallop! "People who own Kinect don't use it for gaming", like REALLY!? So what do they use it for? **Drum roll please** Video Kinect! aka glorified voice/video-chat. That's right fellas, his "Royal" highness thinks in this harsh economic climate, millions of people shelled out $150 just so they can chat with their friends on the 360. . . And webcams cost like what, 5 bucks or less? cheesy

You should've at least come up with something more creative like, "people paid $150 for Kinect so they can use it to navigate menus", what a nutter! grin grin grin

Do your research before typing random nonsense.....xbox kinnect software titles don't sell(video game software) ....

Kinect Adventures has sold 18 million(packed-in), if it weren't packed-in, it would have still sold in the millions. Dance Central(1) alone has sold over 2.5 million copies, Kinect Sports has sold over 3 million, etc and the device itself is still in infancy(barely 18 months old). Try again.

Name the Legendary Selling Xbox Kinect 3rd party video game software.....

OH! The game has to be "legendary selling"(lol) and third party!? Ho ho ho. Why not be more anal, say, "a lack of legendary selling, third party, critically acclaimed, gravity defying, global-warming-reducing video game software that also scratches your back when it itches".

Exactly.... lol nobody uses that for gaming fool.

Yeah, the millions of people who bought Dance Central, Kinect Sports etc hung em up on their walls as art. grin grin grin

The 18 million copies of Kinect Adventures that shipped with the device were all thrown away on arrival! cheesy

No, only to an african brother who can't do basic Math...nor can he comprehend the nintendo wii unit was priced 3x times as Low as the other 2 systems

Oh, so now you've resorted to telling petty lies? The Wii was priced thrice as low as the 360/PS3 in what region? Your village or your fantasy world?

The Wii launched at $250. The 360 was priced at about $300-400 depending on the model, PS3 was $500-600. Currently the Wii is priced at $150, 360 is $200-300, PS3 $250-300. How did you arrive at three times lower?

Now tell me who can't do "basic math". The money spent on your education should have been used to start a small business grin grin grin

Lmfao^^ You stuck in 2007 man...The Wii has been done for quite some time.

Motion Control Gaming Flopped.

By your logic....sega dreamcast was a success....it had great "initial" sales....lol

By your logic.....Nintendo 64 was a success....it had great "initial" sales... lol

By your Logic ....Michael jackson invincible album was a success....it had great "initial" sales....lol

By your Logic......Sega Saturn was a success.....it had great "initial" sales......lol

You must be an idiot of the highest caliber to be comparing the Saturn/DC/N64 which sold a COMBINED total o about 53 million to the Wii which has already sold about 95 MILLION(40 MILLION MORE and counting) and is the fastest selling console OF ALL TIME last time i checked.

Now let me go back to my "North American Forum" and Laugh, and post what the nerdy little Nintendo fan boy named Yakubu (Who misspelled his own forum name LOL) wrote on this lovely forum full of great intellectual and progressive Minds.....

Yeah you should, tell em "Yakubu the Nintendo fanboy" handed your arse to you on a plate and you didn't even bleed! grin grin grin
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 8:32am On Jul 16, 2012
~Royal~:
The Nintendo wii can't even be played in High Definition..Lmfao the nerve of this guy

In 2012 a "standard" definition displaying console machine.....During a time period when everyone's cell phones and computer monitors display high resolution

Wii users are stuck staring at 480i straight out the box....

Yet you are grouping this Ancient Device with latest generation Technology.

You keep rambling about hardware, forgetting it's not relevant to this debate(success). Did an earthworm defecate on your cerebral cortex? cheesy

Smh 3rd world debaters Lmfao. Kid is a flat out Joke.

But you seem to spend far more time on this "3rd world" forum than I do:

Royal:

Time registered: July 05, 2012

Time spent online: 1 day & 21 hours

View ~Royal~'s posts (632)

ritchboy:

Time registered: October 11, 2007

posts (4125)

I know you suck at math so lemme help you out:

After 1700 days as a registered member, ritchboy has made 4125 posts, that's 2.42 posts per day.

After just 11 days on Nairaland, Royal has made 632 posts: [size=14pt]57.45[/size] posts per day! shocked shocked grin grin

The irony! cheesy

You should have "Third World" tattooed on your fore-head! grin grin
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2012
Long as I continue to keep you here posting endlessly about a ancient standard definition system that is losing 1 Billion Dollars in Gross plus minus gains im doing my job Lmfao grin

Again....Motion Control Gaming Flopped.....The Nintendo Wii Sales have Died...it is losing the company money..HOW is this you example of motion control gaming succeeding

When many 1st party titles can be played with a Controller Pad(I own one)...And the system Is killing Nintendo Financially?

Ps3 Move=Died

Xbox Kinnect=Fault production=Dead.....

Go head and take 17 more hours to compile another Random offtopic Post illustrating a detailed numerical breakdown of my Post Count on Nairaland... grin

...Motion Gaming Flopped...... cheesy
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 16, 2012
Viewing this topic: ~Royal~, ritchboy(m)

... wink

Since we talking about posting history...do you notice all your recent post are directed at me regarding a ancient relic video game system targeted for little children while i am in various threads discussing a variety of topics....

Who is inside who's head? grin

...Lmfaoo Go ahead and write another post defending the dead wii which is losing nintendo Money...Lmfao
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 9:20am On Jul 16, 2012
Bro it's ok to just admit that you are a 37 year old man living with your mother who enjoys playing Nintendo Wii and was "offended" by my post....

There is no shame in it...Lol

Here you go son..a tribute video for all the 40 year old losers playing a video game system targeted for 8 year olds that was sold under priced at market value costing nintendo billions in revenue...Lmfaooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0k03mCdmr0
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 10:31am On Jul 16, 2012
Good to see you're gradually backing out of the debate after I've drowned you in facts and numbers. wink cheesy

I've already blown the trash you just recycled in your last post to smithereens previously so no point wasting more time. wink

~Royal~:
Long as I continue to keep you here posting endlessly about a ancient standard definition system that is losing 1 Billion Dollars in Gross plus minus gains im doing my job Lmfao grin

An open admission of TROLLING, this must be a first! Though a very welcome development. smiley
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 16, 2012
Backing out of the Debate??.....LmL

How?...lmfao You won't counter any of my facts with actual evidence....instead you keep ignoring the epic failures of motion control gaming

And have this fixation and fascination with the ancient 480i standard definition nintendo wii....A system that is in the Negative...It's Losing Money

You admit Ps Move is Garbage.....

And you claim Xbox Kinnect is a success but never answered my question as to why all the 3rd party support has pulled out and The software titles continue to flop....

For the 10th time in this thread Ill say it again...Motion Control Gaming Flopped....

....How hilarious must it be knowing you are a mod on a dead section of a dead naija forum and getting clowned in a thread nobody even reads?....

So you are a loser at the only thing you do at life?...(Mod a dead section of a dead forum) grin damn..how awful must it feel.....

Heres another tribute video to all the delusional 40 year old nerds residing in mothers basements all around the world, playing standard definition video game systems under the assumption they are playing "up to date" technology Lmfao

grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=065E490PGc4
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 16, 2012

.... wink
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2012
Seriously how could you sit here and debate the validity of a video game system that can't even play in High Definition in the year 2012?....

That is a complete utter disgrace...

And to constantly type over and ignore the fact that nintendo has lost a billion$ In Revenue is just pathetic....

Lmfao You are trying to argue "against" motion control gaming flopped but yet ....

Openly Admit to Ps move being garbage(1/3)

Constantly type about a system being a "success" yet Losing Hundreds of Millions (2/3)

And claim to Xbox Kinnect is a success...(Although technically it does not use motion "controls" )...It started out fine then subsequently Died...

Xbox Kinnect has Flawed Programming and the Software is outright garbage...look at the "sales" of software....

that's out 3/3...

...Ps Move Dead....

...Xbox Kinnect Dea....

....Nintendo Wii Died a Longgg Time Ago.....

Yet motion control gaming is a success?...Why because the nintendo wii sold well in 2007? Lmfaoo That's 5 years ago LoL

The epic fail known as the Ps3 outsells the nintendo wii every Month in Japan and America....Lmfaooo how sad is that?
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2012

grin grin grin grin {Lmfao}
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2012
Hehehe, you expect me to keep replying to your obliterated/recycled trash after admitting you're a troll with your sole intent being "to keep me here posting endlessly about a ancient standard definition system".

I did find this funny and ironic(irony seems to be your specialty) though:

How hilarious must it be knowing you are a mod on a dead section of a dead naija forum and getting clowned in a thread nobody even reads?....

grin grin grin grin

Coming from the dude who makes 57 posts per day on the "dead forum", you must be a zombie then cheesy

How do you actually manage to post 57 times daily on Nairaland when there are only 24 hours a day? That's like 2.3 posts per hour. Assuming you get 8 hours of sleep per day, then that's 3.5 posts every hour you're awake! Good grief! And you claim to have a life? grin grin
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 11:11am On Jul 16, 2012
Damn Royal, is this you? cheesy

Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 16, 2012
ritchboy: Hehehe, you expect me to keep replying

....Well..I got you constantly Replying Right?.....Lmfaooo

LoL My one line of wit shatters an entire anger laced wall of text you write....

...................LoL wink
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2012
I see you've taken the image off your profile, is that you? cheesy

Blimey, you keep yapping about "Africa" and "3rd World" but your skin emits less light than a black hole! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 16, 2012
ritchboy: I see you've taken the image off your profile, is that you? cheesy

Blimey, you keep yapping about "Africa" and "3rd World" but your skin emits less light than a black hole! grin grin grin grin grin

...LMFAOOOooooooooo.....
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Someone is suffering from insomnia

~recent post~

grin
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
ritchboy: I see you've taken the image off your profile, is that you? cheesy

WOW!!! i hope you know you are picking on a random girl! grin
that's fcked up...grin grin
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by ritchboy(m): 5:21am On Jul 17, 2012
MsDarkSkin:

WOW!!! i hope you know you are picking on a random girl! grin
that's fcked up...grin grin

Lol. My bad, Ms'DarkSkin' grin grin

Is Royal male or female [size=2pt]or a hermaphrodite[/size]? cheesy
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Bawss1(m): 7:32am On Jul 17, 2012
I don't understand Royals's insistence that motion control gaming and the Nintendo Wii are both flops even when available facts suggest otherwise.

Then again I don't understand what goes on in the mind of a troll.
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 02, 2013
I forgot all about this thread. Im gonna bump it. smiley
Re: Is The Current Generation Of Consoles Staying For Too Long? by Nobody: 3:28am On Feb 27, 2013
Aye Ritchboy?....How That WiiU doing Fam?...

Still Vibin with ya Ps Move?...

BlockBusters

#MotionControlGamingFailedMiserably

....Lmao

Motion Control Gaming was such a success that The God of Nintendo Shigeru Miyamoto Slayed it ehhh?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/08/e3-2012-miyamoto-talks-zelda-wii-u

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/miyamoto-on-zelda-ditching-motion-controls-on-wii-u.452523748/

Your most Creative Genius...and second greatest Video Game Mind in my opinion behind Hideo Kojima{Metal Gear} Crucified it in his own subtle way.

.....MCG Failed Brah....EPIC Failure.

...This is all you need to know about motion control gaming...

It was so great and such a success that....Nintendo Practically Ditched It with all Future Creative Concepts Of Merit.

Troll?....

Nah ..Just a Real Hardcore Gamer cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable, With This Low Species Laptop / Xbox 360 Slim Loaded With 25 Games / Who Is Your Gaming Roommate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.