Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,185 members, 7,807,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:20 PM

Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! (5864 Views)

Jesus Is More Than God, He Is Jehovah / Anti-Deity of Yahshua: Please Kindly Help Frosbel Answer This / Brother Frosbel, Please Stop This Fight Against Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by MacDaddy01: 11:53pm On Jul 12, 2012
Genesis 2;2

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.

frosbel:

Satan never rests, so we should be on guard and pray that we do not also fall victim to his devices.
https://www.nairaland.com/988393/satan-never-rests#11409473

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

frosbel: In the book of Job we’re told by the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that on a certain day the sons of God came to present themselves before Him:

Job 1:6-7 “NOW THERE WAS A DAY WHEN THE SONS OF GOD CAME TO PRESENT THEMSELVES BEFORE THE LORD, AND SATAN CAME ALSO AMONG THEM. 7AND THE LORD SAID UNTO SATAN, WHENCE COMEST THOU? THEN SATAN ANSWERED THE LORD, AND SAID, FROM GOING TO AND FRO IN THE EARTH, AND FROM WALKING UP AND DOWN IN IT.”

As if to emphasize this fact, this record is repeated in Job 2:1-2. Satan was spending his time wandering the earth, making trouble for mankind. Under God’s covenant with mankind today the Holy Spirit through the pen of the Apostle Peter provides us with this warning:

I Peter 5:8 “8BE SOBER, BE VIGILANT; BECAUSE YOUR ADVERSARY THE DEVIL, AS A ROARING LION, WALKETH ABOUT, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR:”

We can be assured that the influence of the devil is alive and well in this world today. In fact we can be absolutely certain of the fact that Satan never rests.

https://www.nairaland.com/988393/satan-never-rests#11409411

1 Like

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 12:24am On Jul 13, 2012
@ OP: I am wondering how your subject correlates with the message. How can satan be compared to the Almighty. In any way how much more in power? That book θf job you quoted clearly shows his inferiority to God because he couldn't do beyond what God instructed him to do to job. Please read the scriptures!

Also God is omnipresent. Meaning He is everywhere at all times, satan is not, he only goes to and fro or up and down. Meaning when he is at to, he is not at fro and when he is up, he is absent from down.

Its really funny to me that there could ever be any form θf comparison θf might between God and His creation!

1 Like

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by MacDaddy01: 12:28am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v: @ OP: I am wondering how your subject correlates with the message. How can satan be compared to the Almighty. In any way how much more in power? That book θf job you quoted clearly shows his inferiority to God because he couldn't do beyond what God instructed him to do to job. Please read the scriptures!

Also God is omnipresent. Meaning He is everywhere at all times, satan is not, he only goes to and fro or up and down. Meaning when he is at to, he is not at fro and when he is up, he is absent from down.

Its really funny to me that there could ever be any form θf comparison θf might between God and His creation!

I Peter 5:8 “8BE SOBER, BE VIGILANT; BECAUSE YOUR ADVERSARY THE DEVIL, AS A ROARING LION, WALKETH ABOUT, SEEKING WHOM HE MAY DEVOUR:”

You better forget God, Satan is epic according to the bible. Roaring lion....boss
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Delafruita(m): 12:29am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v: @ OP: I am wondering how your subject correlates with the message. How can satan be compared to the Almighty. In any way how much more in power? That book θf job you quoted clearly shows his inferiority to God because he couldn't do beyond what God instructed him to do to job. Please read the scriptures!

if satan isnt powerful,why then hasnt he been subdued?mwhy does yahweh,despite all his professed love for man,leave man at the mercy of satan even allowing him roam the earth seeking whom to devour?
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by MacDaddy01: 12:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Delafruita:
if satan isnt powerful,why then hasnt he been subdued?mwhy does yahweh,despite all his professed love for man,leave man at the mercy of satan even allowing him roam the earth seeking whom to devour?

Thank you!
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 1:39am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

You better forget God, Satan is epic according to the bible. Roaring lion....boss

See, the challenge you have is that you do not understand the bible!or should I say use θf english! Let me help you. Now the scripture above says he roams about AS A LION. Meaning he is not a lion, but just goes about acting like a lion. Hahaha counterfeit not the real deal. Christ in whom all believers are joint heirs with is the true lion θf the tribe θf judah! So please do not get confused!
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 1:48am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Thank you!

I never suggested that satan wasn't powerful ( your inability to understand grammar comes into play once again) I only stated and I state again, " satan's might is in no measure comparable to God's".

Scriptural backing: " I have given you authority over all θf the powers θf the enemy, nothing shall by any means harm you" just incase you misunderstand as usual, the scripture points out that satan has powers but his powers are subject to the believers authority! Halleluyah!!!

"Wherefore God hath highly exalted Him and given Him a name that is highly exalted above all names in the Heavens, Earth and beneath the Earth that at the mention θf the name Jesus every knee must bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord"!

Satan cannot conquer believers who know the truth! For you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free! He only pounces on your ignorance and messes you up! So seek the truth dear and make yourself free!

1 Like

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by MacDaddy01: 1:54am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

See, the challenge you have is that you do not understand the bible!or should I say use θf english! Let me help you. Now the scripture above says he roams about AS A LION. Meaning he is not a lion, but just goes about acting like a lion. Hahaha counterfeit not the real deal. Christ in whom all believers are joint heirs with is the true lion θf the tribe θf judah! So please do not get confused!

Satan is the real lion still standing.

The tribe of Judah died. The were conquered. Fake lions
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by MacDaddy01: 1:56am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

I never suggested that satan wasn't powerful ( your inability to understand grammar comes into play once again) I only stated and I state again, " satan's might is in no measure comparable to God's".

Scriptural backing: " I have given you authority over all θf the powers θf the enemy, nothing shall by any means harm you" just incase you misunderstand as usual, the scripture points out that satan has powers but his powers are subject to the believers authority! Halleluyah!!!

"Wherefore God hath highly exalted Him and given Him a name that is highly exalted above all names in the Heavens, Earth and beneath the Earth that at the mention θf the name Jesus every knee must bow and every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord"!

Satan cannot conquer believers who know the truth! For you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free! He only pounces on your ignorance and messes you up! So seek the truth dear and make yourself free!

What is the difference between you and a someone telling his/her child that the boogeyman will get them if they act badly?

Satan is coming for you! Boo
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 2:02am On Jul 13, 2012
Delafruita:

My last post has adequately dealt with the insignificance θf satan's powers in comparison to the Christian's authority. Now on the issue θf your wrong assumption that God left man at the mercy θf satan, I will say that assumption is totally flawed! As I earlier explained, Christ has given the believer full authority to subdue and conquer the enemy,a fact that is very well known to satan! It is now left for the believer to exercise his God given authority over the enemy else the enemy will take advantage θf his ignorance!

This is why scriptures say, " do not be ignorant θf the devices(wiles, schemes, strategies) θf the devil! So you see, his so called power is actually his devices that plays on your ignorance! Once again GO FOR THE TRUTH, KNOW IT AND MAKE YOURSELF FREE!
Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Delafruita(m): 2:07am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

seriously,why cant God just delete/erase/destroy/annihilate satan?it'd make things easier for every,even for God himself.satan keeps showing up and destroying God's beautiful plans and keeps getting away with it(at least till he is bound in chain for a thousand years).methinks God gives satan too much room.he should fle his power once in a whiile.he should make the bokoharam boys use the bombs on themselves,he should let hardworking,honest peeps have a good income(its always heartbreaking to see these "soldiers for christ reeking of poverty).God has all the powers,why does satan's peeps keep getting all the wealth(at least christians say illuminati,ogboni,419er,drug baron are satan's peeps).God needs to demonstrate his powers o.na only read we read say elijah command fire from heaven and bible say "God is the same yesterday,today and forever".make God rain fire on bokoharam hideout without delay and i can assure you the entire world will follow him
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 2:07am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

What is the difference between you and a someone telling his/her child that the boogeyman will get them if they act badly?

Satan is coming for you! Boo

Oh there's alotta difference! Hahaha!!! No evil can come for me because Christ has been made manifest in my life to destroy the works θf satan! Ohhh the truth is awesome! I revel in it! Its the other way round, all evil has to boo at my arrival! Too much authority!!!

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 2:09am On Jul 13, 2012
[quote author=spicy v][/quote]

Oh there's alotta difference! Hahaha!!! No evil can come for me because Christ has been made manifest in my life to destroy the works θf satan! Ohhh the truth is awesome! I revel in it! Its the other way round, all evil has to boo at my arrival! Too much authority!!!
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Delafruita(m): 2:10am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

My last post has adequately dealt with the insignificance θf satan's powers in comparison to the Christian's authority. Now on the issue θf your wrong assumption that God left man at the mercy θf satan, I will say that assumption is totally flawed! As I earlier explained, Christ has given the believer full authority to subdue and conquer the enemy,a fact that is very well known to satan! It is now left for the believer to exercise his God given authority over the enemy else the enemy will take advantage θf his ignorance!

This is why scriptures say, " do not be ignorant θf the devices(wiles, schemes, strategies) θf the devil! So you see, his so called power is actually his devices that plays on your ignorance! Once again GO FOR THE TRUTH, KNOW IT AND MAKE YOURSELF FREE!
Shalom!
i still maintain that things would have been easier for God if he had just destroyed satan.oh i forgot,micheal and the angels fought a big war with satan and hhis peeps which didnt end in decisive victory.then territories were split with God maintaining heaven and satan controlling earth.kinda reminds me on PM chamberlain giving hitler czechoslovakia to appease his hunger for war,what happened?WW2
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 2:16am On Jul 13, 2012
Delafruita:
seriously,why cant God just delete/erase/destroy/annihilate satan?it'd make things easier for every,even for God himself.satan keeps showing up and destroying God's beautiful plans and keeps getting away with it(at least till he is bound in chain for a thousand years).methinks God gives satan too much room.he should fle his power once in a whiile.he should make the bokoharam boys use the bombs on themselves,he should let hardworking,honest peeps have a good income(its always heartbreaking to see these "soldiers for christ reeking of poverty).God has all the powers,why does satan's peeps keep getting all the wealth(at least christians say illuminati,ogboni,419er,drug baron are satan's peeps).God needs to demonstrate his powers o.na only read we read say elijah command fire from heaven and bible say "God is the same yesterday,today and forever".make God rain fire on bokoharam hideout without delay and i can assure you the entire world will follow him

Hahahahaha really funny! Its typical θf man, we always want the easy way out, we never want to take responsibility and always want all the work done for us whilst we lazily enjoy the rewards θf someone else's labour. My dear, if you really are a true child θf God you have a life θf assured victory in Christ Jesus! Mind you, I never said a life devoid θf challenges, just a life θf assured victory but you have got to work hard at exercising those rights! Man himself gave in cheaply to the enemy years ago and sin, evil and wickedness was introduced to the world! The only way out is for man to submit to the Lordship θf Christ and regain his authority over sin and satan! Even at that, you still gotta exercise those rights!

1 Like

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 2:21am On Jul 13, 2012
MacDaddy01:

Satan is the real lion still standing.

The tribe of Judah died. The were conquered. Fake lions

That lion died and then went to hell to not only conquer satan and take the keys θf death from him, he made an open show θf his defeat! Halleluyah!!!

Christ is risen! Jesus is Lord and even YOU know it! But you are just too scared to publicly admit it!

1 Like

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Delafruita(m): 2:23am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

Hahahahaha really funny! Its typical θf man, we always want the easy way out, we never want to take responsibility and always want all the work done for us whilst we lazily enjoy the rewards θf someone else's labour. My dear, if you really are a true child θf God you have a life θf assured victory in Christ Jesus! Mind you, I never said a life devoid θf challenges, just a life θf assured victory but you have got to work hard at exercising those rights! Man himself gave in cheaply to the enemy years ago and sin, evil and wickedness was introduced to the world! The only way out is for man to submit to the Lordship θf Christ and regain his authority over sin and satan! Even at that, you still gotta exercise those rights!
i marvel at your addiction to the idea of God.however,i believe in everyman to his beliefs
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 2:30am On Jul 13, 2012
Delafruita:
i marvel at your addiction to the idea of God.however,i believe in everyman to his beliefs

You should marvel at my FAITH in CHRIST JESUS call it addiction if you like. But I really do marvel at your unbelief! I have been living in oblivion to the existence θf people with twisted beliefs about the Almighty as I have seen here this morning and it makes me more resolute in my faith in Christ!
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Delafruita(m): 2:41am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v:

You should marvel at my FAITH in CHRIST JESUS call it addiction if you like. But I really do marvel at your unbelief! I have been living in oblivion to the existence θf people with twisted beliefs about the Almighty as I have seen here this morning and it makes me more resolute in my faith in Christ!
i happen to be in a half-sleep state so i might not give as good a response as i ought to.however,if you're online when i wake,we could undertake a "bible study" together and we could compare notes.the only difference is you will be amazed at how little you know about the bible and christianity.just a few questions for you to ruminate on
1.do you know why joseph found favour with the pharoah?i know you'd say "because he translated his dream".well the pharoah at that time was ahm te se and there is a reason he favoured joseph.
2.do you realise the isrealites deserved to be enslaved by the egyptians?
3.why is it that christianity was founded by catholics,but today,numerous christians castigate catholics?dont they realise the same catholics they condemn compiled the bible they read,set the date for mas and easter?
4.do you realise that going by the standard of the Bible,almost every christian is going to hell fire?do you realise almost every christian breaks 2 of God's commandment?you ask how.isnt the shabbath supposed to be sunrise till sunset on saturday?didnt God say "keep the sabbath day holy"?why then do christians observe the sabbath on a day chosen by the pope rather than that commanded by God?didnt God also command that the passover feast be celebrated?and the feast of unleavened bread?why did christians replace them with christmas and easter?
5.the isrealites are God's own people.why then does modern day isreal reject christianity and the doctrine of christ?why dont they read the Bible?
sleep is knocking.hope you're ready to learn
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 3:17am On Jul 13, 2012
Delafruita:
i happen to be in a half-sleep state so i might not give as good a response as i ought to.however,if you're online when i wake,we could undertake a "bible study" together and we could compare notes.the only difference is you will be amazed at how little you know about the bible and christianity.just a few questions for you to ruminate on
1.do you know why joseph found favour with the pharoah?i know you'd say "because he translated his dream".well the pharoah at that time was ahm te se and there is a reason he favoured joseph.
3.why is it that christianity was founded by catholics,but today,numerous christians castigate catholics?dont they realise the same catholics they condemn compiled the bible they read,set the date for mas and easter?
4.do you realise that going by the standard of the Bible,almost every christian is going to hell fire?do you realise almost every christian breaks 2 of God's commandment?you ask how.isnt the shabbath supposed to be sunrise till sunset on saturday?didnt God say "keep the sabbath day holy"?why then do christians observe the sabbath on a day chosen by the pope rather than that commanded by God?didnt God also command that the passover feast be celebrated?and the feast of unleavened bread?why did christians replace them with christmas and easter?
5.the isrealites are God's own people.why then does modern day isreal reject christianity and the doctrine of christ?why dont they read the Bible?

The bible clearly states that by their fruits you shall know them! You just prooved to me that you know absolutely NATIN about the bible! Natin! And so I can't even begin to study with you cause you are waaaay hmmm.

Hahahaha I really do laugh at your claims on knowing the bible and shallow attempts at prooving it! Oh pulease! Show me where catholics or protestants or pentecostals were mentioned in the bible.

I can't even start with you cos like I said you have no understanding θf the bible! None watsoever!!! Sleep jor!
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by spicyv1(f): 3:32am On Jul 13, 2012
Let me just give you a lil insight before I ignore you completely:

Joseph was "favored" by the king so you say, you are not aware that it was the dream that God had given to Joseph that was coming to pass? The king had no option but to act out the script that God gave to him( I don't think your understanding is even deep enough to catch this) Besides, the king himself admitted that there is no other man in his kingdom with the spirit θf God as Joseph! Now it takes a deep revelation (the permission from God to know deep spiritual things)to know someoneone in whom Gods spirit lives. And it was based on that revelation that Joseph was "favored" by the king!

Let me ask you a question: why was the gospel preached to gentiles? Answer: because Gods own people the isrealites rejected the message θf salvation through Christ! Please sir! I categorically put it to you that you are still faaaaar!!! You DO NOT know the bible at all! Go and study to show yourself approved, a workman that needs not be ashamed, RIGHTLY dividing the word θf truth!

Stop twisting scriptures out θf a lack θf knowlege! Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by MrAnony1(m): 6:59am On Jul 13, 2012
@Macdaddy, your "logic" keeps getting worse by the day. So according to you, the fact that someone rested and another does not rest automatically makes the restless one more powerful? Your childishness amuses me.
Besides, frosbel did not say what you are claiming he said. You are simply misrepresenting his statements. If he did, show us a direct quote. Don't resort to dishonesty just to make your point

@Delafruita, why doesn't God simply just destroy satan? Simple because God has set apart a day when satan will be judged and sent to hell.
Perhaps you may want to ask: why doesn't God just destroy us both immediately for our sins? Because God has set apart a day for our judgment as well.

@Spicy v, please don't waste your time
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by MrAnony1(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2012
Delafruita:

Please do tell

Really? How so?

Wow interesting! I never knew that Christianity was founded by the catholics I always thought it was Jesus Christ. How did you come to this knowledge?

Point of correction, there is a difference between catholicism and christianity. Christianity simply means following Jesus Christ. The passover is a jewish tradition and Christians are not compelled to follow it. Besides, you may want to tell me if Jesus kept the traditional sabbath.

Why do modern day Jews reject Christ and don't read the bible? Simple because they don't want to read it. Besides everyone that accepts Christ is God's own person Jewish or not.
Anyway, I am really interested in learning about this new thing you are proclaiming lol.
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Please do tell

Really? How so?

Wow interesting! I never knew that Christianity was founded by the catholics I always thought it was Jesus Christ. How did you come to this knowledge?

Point of correction, there is a difference between catholicism and christianity. Christianity simply means following Jesus Christ. The passover is a jewish tradition and Christians are not compelled to follow it. Besides, you may want to tell me if Jesus kept the traditional sabbath.

Why do modern day Jews reject Christ and don't read the bible? Simple because they don't want to read it. Besides everyone that accepts Christ is God's own person Jewish or not.
Anyway, I am really interested in learning about this new thing you are proclaiming lol.

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony: @Macdaddy, your "logic" keeps getting worse by the day. So according to you, the fact that someone rested and another does not rest automatically makes the restless one more powerful? Your childishness amuses me.

@Delafruita, why doesn't God simply just destroy satan? Simple because God has set apart a day when satan will be judged and sent to hell.
Perhaps you may want to ask: why doesn't God just destroy us both immediately for our sins? Because God has set apart a day for our judgment as well.

@Spicy v, please don't waste your time

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Nobody: 8:40am On Jul 13, 2012
I refuse generally to argue Jesus Christ because my understanding is that for argument to be successful between the debating parties, there must be at least a consensus on the basis of argument. If, for instance, I were to defend the Power of God being greater than Satan's and Logicboy were to oppose me, we would at least agree on basing our arguments on reason and the rules of logic. If we did not, the debate would degenerate into a stalemate and utter frustration with neither accepting the merits of the other's arguments. That's what I mean. And my experience so far with arguments on this board is that there is almost always that lack of consensus. And when the inevitable frustration results, cheap insults follow.
I am a Christian (if you read, subscriber to the religion, you're on your own o). I believe the Bible without reserve and information (perhaps historical in nature, Delafruita) I do not possess about either the Book or the Life do not hamper my faith at all solely for the reason that it is not founded on anything but Jesus Christ Himself. That is the basis for everything I say. When I argue for or against anything, however, I employ reason and the rules of logic, therefore my arguments can only be faulted along those lines. If anyone faults them along the lines of their contention with my faith, argument will come under arrest.
However, to the issue at hand. From the arguments you marshalled, Logicboy, it's not consistent to say that Satan is more powerful than God. In fact, is it not more logical to say that the man who is not bothered by another's ranting and raving and threatening is by his disinterest showing signs of greater strength than his adversary? After all, it must be that he is at ease because anytime he chose he could shut the other up. I think it is quite logical to assume so.
As to Delafruita's argument that things would have been easier for everyone, including God (!), if God had squashed Satan, I wonder what you base the assumption on. If all difficulty were removed, what would life be? Without friction, would there be any motion? Without the limitations of gravity, where would trees derive the strength in their wood and of what use would weak wood be? Satan must be allowed to exist until his time is fulfilled because he is instrumental to the maturing of God's children at least. His opposition to God only serves to give greater meaning to God's doings. Without the context of Satan's antagonism, God's benevolence and greatness would be imagined at best.
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Delafruita(m): 8:46am On Jul 13, 2012
spicy v: Let me just give you a lil insight before I ignore you completely:

Joseph was "favored" by the king so you say, you are not aware that it was the dream that God had given to Joseph that was coming to pass? The king had no option but to act out the script that God gave to him( I don't think your understanding is even deep enough to catch this) Besides, the king himself admitted that there is no other man in his kingdom with the spirit θf God as Joseph! Now it takes a deep revelation (the permission from God to know deep spiritual things)to know someoneone in whom Gods spirit lives. And it was based on that revelation that Joseph was "favored" by the king!

Let me ask you a question: why was the gospel preached to gentiles? Answer: because Gods own people the isrealites rejected the message θf salvation through Christ! Please sir! I categorically put it to you that you are still faaaaar!!! You DO NOT know the bible at all! Go and study to show yourself approved, a workman that needs not be ashamed, RIGHTLY dividing the word θf truth!

Stop twisting scriptures out θf a lack θf knowlege! Gbam!
lol.now you have confirmed your "indepth" knowledge of the Bible and absolute lack of knowledge of what the Bible talks about.joseph had dreams,agreed.just a quick question,
after demonstrating the power of God by translating the kings's dream,did the king start following joseph's God?
you need to read history more.a little assignment for you,google the "hyskos",read through with an unbiased mind,then you will understand a lot
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Delafruita(m): 9:35am On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:
Please do tell

Really? How so?

first,joseph was a mesopotamian.sometime around 1720 BC,a group of mesopotamians invaded egypt(some historians claim they originally went to egypt to trade).sometime around 1710BC,the pharoah died without an heir and so these allowed for the mesopotamians to conquer northern egypt and install their own person as king.the original line of kings then fled to thebes and ruled from there.however,the mesopotamians(shepherd kings) entered into alliance with the city of Cush to crush the rebellion in thebes which they succeeded in doing for a while.
historians differ on the probable period for joseph's promotionto grand vizier but there is no doubt that if it ever happened,it must have been between 1670 and 1660BC.the pharoah of the time was one of the hyskos(a person of joseph's lineage) so historians agree that it wasnt difficult for joseph to be promoted to grand vizier.some accounts state that he was then given the land of goshen to bring the other palestines(his family) to egypt with aim been to foster unity in a bid to keep a stronghold on egypt.the egyptians in thebes were still waging a war of independence and finally by 1567BC,they were able to expel the hyskos and eventually install an egyptian by name of Ahmoses I on the throne.the slavery of isrealites began under Thutmoses I who is believed to have adopted Moses and given him his name.Thutmoses wanted back the land of goshen which at the time was "prime" real estate and he also wanted to revenge for the hardship egyptians suffered under the hyskos,moreso he wanted cheap labour to embatk on construction work in thebes and other parts of egypt.this should explain joseph and slavery
God specifically commanded in leviticus 23:3 that the weekly sabbath must be kept
besides jesus kept the sabbath according to mark 1:21,6:2,luke 4:16.even the apostles kept the sabbath acts 13:42-44
even after jesus crucifixion,the Bible says in mark 16:1"now when the sabbath was past,mary magdalene,mary the mother of james and salome bought spices that they might come and anoint him".is also says in luke 23:56 "and they rested on the sabbath according to the commandment".
where in all this is there evidence that jesus didnt keep the sabbath?
i thought Jesus said he didnt come to erase the laws of moses.besides didnt jesus observe the passover according to mathew 26:26-28 and mark 14:22-24?you seem to have forgotten that the passover is to commemorate the day God spared the firstborn children of isrealites but killed those of the egyptians and God was specific in his commendment in leviticus 23:5,exodus 12:7,26-29 that the ceremony should done in remembrance of that day.
the early church observed the feast of unleavened bread.read mathew 16:6-12,1corinthians 5:6-8
the feast of pentecost is meant to remind christians that God is the lord of harvest.read mathew 9:38,romans 8:23,james 1:18
when i said Bible study,i meant it.there's also the feast of trumphet,day of atonement and feast of tabernacles.i can quote places in the bible that confirm Jesus celebrated these feasts.i challenge you to quote a single verse where Jesus said these feasts didnt need to be celebrated.

if by now,you dont know that the roman catholic church founded christianity as we know it,then i should even be bothering to teach you the history of the "church".if by now you dont know that the Bible was compiled by the catholic church,then you know nothing.

the state religion of isreal is judaism.the isrealis dont believe Jesus is the messiah.and they are supposedly his own people.makes you wonder,doesnt it?
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by caezar: 9:57am On Jul 13, 2012
Ihedinobi:
I refuse generally to argue Jesus Christ because my understanding is that for argument to be successful between the debating parties, there must be at least a consensus on the basis of argument. If, for instance, I were to defend the Power of God being greater than Satan's and Logicboy were to oppose me, we would at least agree on basing our arguments on reason and the rules of logic. If we did not, the debate would degenerate into a stalemate and utter frustration with neither accepting the merits of the other's arguments. That's what I mean. And my experience so far with arguments on this board is that there is almost always that lack of consensus. And when the inevitable frustration results, cheap insults follow.
This could not have been better put.

Ihedinobi:
However, to the issue at hand. From the arguments you marshalled, Logicboy, it's not consistent to say that Satan is more powerful than God. In fact, is it not more logical to say that the man who is not bothered by another's ranting and raving and threatening is by his disinterest showing signs of greater strength than his adversary? After all, it must be that he is at ease because anytime he chose he could shut the other up. I think it is quite logical to assume so.

Ihedinobi:
As to Delafruita's argument that things would have been easier for everyone, including God (!), if God had squashed Satan, I wonder what you base the assumption on. If all difficulty were removed, what would life be? Without friction, would there be any motion? Without the limitations of gravity, where would trees derive the strength in their wood and of what use would weak wood be? Satan must be allowed to exist until his time is fulfilled because he is instrumental to the maturing of God's children at least. His opposition to God only serves to give greater meaning to God's doings. Without the context of Satan's antagonism, God's benevolence and greatness would be imagined at best.

In this I disagree with you; in a sense. Without Satan't antagonism, God's benevolence and greatness would be completely meaningless . What is the value of white without black or any of the other colours? Of wealth without poverty? Of health without illness? For that matter, if evil did not exist, would we have free will? For there is no choice without value and if you eliminate one, then surely you eliminate the other. So in this, I agree with you completely.

1 Like

Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by MrAnony1(m): 10:03am On Jul 13, 2012
caezar:
In this I disagree with you; in a sense. Without Satan't antagonism, God's benevolence and greatness would be completely meaningless. What is the value of white without black or any of the other colours? Of wealth without poverty? Of health without illness? For that matter, if evil did not exist, would we have free will? For there is no choice without value and if you eliminate one, then surely you eliminate the other. So in this, I agree with you completely.

@ceazar, you've lost me here, which is it really? agree or disagree?
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 13, 2012
caezar: In this I disagree with you; in a sense. Without Satan't antagonism, God's benevolence and greatness would be completely meaningless . What is the value of white without black or any of the other colours? Of wealth without poverty? Of health without illness? For that matter, if evil did not exist, would we have free will? For there is no choice without value and if you eliminate one, then surely you eliminate the other. So in this, I agree with you completely.
I think I understand what u mean smiley and I agree with u. I moderated the statement to accommodate argument and disagreement.
Re: Satan Is More Powerful Than God! Frosbel Said It!!! by Delafruita(m): 10:14am On Jul 13, 2012
Mr_Anony:

@ceazar, you've lost me here, which is it really? agree or disagree?
still cross referencing with your bible ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Your Name In The Book Of Life? / Marrying Outside One's Religion / Why Should An Atheist Go To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.