Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? (25568 Views)

Who Says You Can't Make It Through The Internet. Do It On Fiverr Today! / Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / 5 Hot Business You Can Start With 10,000-100,000,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 13, 2012
mekaboy:

NIGERIAN ADVISING ANOTHER NIGERIAN, TO USE A FELLOW NIGERIAN TO MAKE MONEY. HOPE YOUR SISTERS AND DAUGHTERS WILL BE ONE OF THE GIRLS IN THE BROTHEL ..

Mekaboy please shutup.
How is the brothel biz different from the recruitment agency biz model?

Both biz models make profits from linking up clients with workforce.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by pops1(m): 10:55pm On Jul 13, 2012
I am in the UK and I can and will love to help you; and no you don't need to go back to Nigeria or give me or anyone the hard earned Money you have made. Reach me on depops2atyahoodotcom; we'll take it from there.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by DonDiara(m): 11:03pm On Jul 13, 2012
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by dayokanu(m): 11:06pm On Jul 13, 2012
mekaboy:

NIGERIAN ADVISING ANOTHER NIGERIAN, TO USE A FELLOW NIGERIAN TO MAKE MONEY. HOPE YOUR SISTERS AND DAUGHTERS WILL BE ONE OF THE GIRLS IN THE BROTHEL ..

The girls to be recruited would be adults over 18 and no one would be forced to do anything

Dont people go on their own to act Mojo? Dont girls choose to be hookers?
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by andyanders: 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
Listen, with what you have, you can star up something but since you have a family, try discuss this with your wife and get her back first. Since you can settle in Ogun state or Lagos, I prefer for you to try to keep to a very low life style.If you want to come home, get a smaller apartment possibly a 2 bedroom apartment within Ogun/Lagos border like Ikorodu area so as to cut cost and secure a place for a lower price say, 1yr or 1 1/2yrs within 150k.
Open up say frozen food outlet for your wife with say 600k, that will take care of rent, 2 deep freezers with rent for the shop and also the frozen food items.
You can secure a land with say 500k for a house but do not start it.Put fixed deposit with bank for 1million. You allow her stay back, you can now travel back and try and work and see if you can secure another 10k pnds, you can then take off from UK and come back.
If you have a wife who is very understanding, you can lay a foundation for a 3 bedroom house and let her be developing it gradually. If you are investing say 20k every month, I promise you, that the house will be going gradually. Do not rush back without proper arrangement.
Please the amount in question is small and also not too small. With 2.7million equiv., you can get things started but on a very small scale. Do not rush into tax or anything that you might regret.
Do not give anybody your money o invest for you as you can be duped. Food items if you and your wife can do away with pride, you can make it.
I did same and today, I got my own house and also 2 properties for rent. My wife opened a frozen food store and makes a profit after sales of nothing less than 25k everyday, except Sundays.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by andyanders: 11:14pm On Jul 13, 2012
Listen, with what you have, you can star up something but since you have a family, try discuss this with your wife and get her back first. Since you can settle in Ogun state or Lagos, I prefer for you to try to keep to a very low life style.If you want to come home, get a smaller apartment possibly a 2 bedroom apartment within Ogun/Lagos border like Ikorodu area so as to cut cost and secure a place for a lower price say, 1yr or 1 1/2yrs within 150k.
Open up say frozen food outlet for your wife with say 600k, that will take care of rent, 2 deep freezers with rent for the shop and also the frozen food items.
You can secure a land with say 500k for a house but do not start it.Put fixed deposit with bank for 1million. You allow her stay back, you can now travel back and try and work and see if you can secure another 10k pnds, you can then take off from UK and come back.
If you have a wife who is very understanding, you can lay a foundation for a 3 bedroom house and let her be developing it gradually. If you are investing say 20k every month, I promise you, that the house will be going gradually. Do not rush back without proper arrangement.
Please the amount in question is small and also not too small. With 2.7million equiv., you can get things started but on a very small scale. Do not rush into tax or anything that you might regret.
Do not give anybody your money o invest for you as you can be duped. Food items if you and your wife can do away with pride, you can make it.
I did same and today, I got my own house and also 2 properties for rent. My wife opened a frozen food store and makes a profit after sales of nothing less than 25k everyday, except Sundays.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by andyanders: 11:16pm On Jul 13, 2012
Listen, with what you have, you can start up something but since you have a family, try discuss this with your wife your business plans before you relocate her back first. Since you can settle in Ogun state or Lagos, I prefer for you to try to keep to a very low life style.If you want to come home, get a smaller apartment possibly a 2 bedroom apartment within Ogun/Lagos border like Ikorodu area so as to cut cost and secure a place for a lower price say, 1yr or 1 1/2yrs within 150k.
Please the amount in question is small and also not too small. With 2.7million equiv., you can get things started but on a very small scale. Do not rush into transpotation business or anything that you might regret.
Do not give anybody your money to invest for you as you can be duped. Food items if you and your wife can do away with pride, you can make it.
I repeat again, you can do it if you try and hide pride.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by mandelex: 11:33pm On Jul 13, 2012
I will advice to go4 import n export bussiness with d part of money n kip d rest in ur bank acct n also u cn invest ur money on a cement bussiness as a supplyer,buy n selling.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by andyanders: 11:39pm On Jul 13, 2012
mandelex: I will advice to go4 import n export bussiness with d part of money n kip d rest in ur bank acct n also u cn invest ur money on a cement bussiness as a supplyer,buy n selling.

That's another good advise please poster.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by dayokanu(m): 11:51pm On Jul 13, 2012
andyanders

Frozen food? How did you cope without power in running it with your wife

2 Likes

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by richeyy(m): 12:25am On Jul 14, 2012
It’s not easy anywhr & it takes d grace of God 2 succeed in any venture even wt a lesser amount. Besyds, 15 years is a long tym & I’m sure u’ve lost touch of d Nigerian business environment. Reselling fairly used bb’s & ipads may seem easy but truth is, d computer village I knw is crowded & competition is stiff. Take ur tym & do ur homework very wel b4 thinking of coming back. I’ll advise u get some marketable skills & explore other avenues if ur warehousing thing ain’t paying. By d wat, wts stopping u 4rm gettn dt postgrad degree? Its nvr too l8 to get it & dt may b wts holding ur shine. #JesThinking. Finally, seek God & ur situation wil change even in d UK. Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by ektbear: 1:55am On Jul 14, 2012
dayokanu:
You can also open a church and stage miracles there. Get fine girls in your church too and ppl would troop in

lmfao grin grin
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by diordaves(m): 3:21am On Jul 14, 2012
Dear poster I feel your pain and catch your drift. I understand all to well how you feel but that is life. Take it in your stride. I go home very so often and also run a business in Nigeria while here with my family. I should be able to sincerely help you in your decision(s). Lets keep it simple by summarising majority of the suggestions so far. All am going to tell you arise from my experience setting up a business in Nigeria.

# To save up on accommodation some suggest you shack up with friends: Don't! you will end up running the home and incurring expenses which may turn out to be more expensive than if you had full and independent control of your accommodation.

# Some suggest you go for your Masters: Wrong move! A quality Masters programme here in the UK will set you back Circa £10K and you may still end up not having a job to recoup your tuition. Here in the UK its not the paper qualification that counts but the relevant work experience.In Nigeria its not the paper qualification but "who you know". So you will be parambulating and still dey same same place.

# Some suggest you buy a piece of land for as little as N250K. Any such "cheap" land in Lagos will be non habitable and useless for your immediate need. The cost of perfecting your title documents alone will wipe out a better part of your £10K savings.

# Some suggest you go into transportation. Given your dire situation DO NOT TOUCH transport business in Nigeria; not even with a barge pole! To be honest with you £10K is not nearly enough to start a meaningful transport business. The average landing cost of a 15 years old bus is about N1.4 Million. By the time you register it and "wash" it N1.7 million has been gulped. And what is the daily return? Average of N12K a day. Not worth it. Just putting all your eggs in one basket.

# Some suggest you go into buying and selling with a core focus on importation preferably from the UK. Not a wise idea. The vagaries of foreign exchange [fluctuation] and inflation will wipe out your trading capital in no time. Any trading will mean either you rent a shop (note you are renting two accommodations now: residential and business: your N10K is going)or you sell from home. Flogging goods from home is fraught with credit wahala. Nigerians will buy but will not pay as and when due especially if they smell your dire situation.Short cut to a mad man situation.

So what can you do? To be honest with you; from my experience £10K is a tight budget.It will be tough but you can make it but not overnight. You need to graft and dig in. You need a business with minimal capital outlay on infrastructure like company registration and high rent and posh office with computer and internet. You don't need such for now. So what do you need? You need a kind of business you can start in one week with circa N600K and with returns the following week. There are loads of business like that but I can only think of (for now)mechanized FISH SMOKING or fish drying as we say in Nigeria. You don't need to have a fish pond; just buy whole sale from fish mongers or waterside. You don't need fridge or electricity to preserve; just buy and smoke (dry) immediately. You can also add crayfish in the mix.

Here is a simple business plan. Look for a rural setting/location (including Lagos) with access to fish supply but with land/space to rent. Such space will cost you about N5K a month.

look for artisans to build a zinc/plank "office" like warehouse. This may come in about N50K

Now before going home to Nigeria search the internet (google: fish smoking) for fish smoking machines. I know for sure you can find loads of such machines in Germany; trouble is the sites are in German so contact the German consulate (trade office) here in the UK with your queries in English. They may help you out with contact details of such firms. The last time I searched a smoking machine that can smoke about 500 fish per 40 minutes come in about £2K. Logistics to Nigeria may bring it to about £2.3K. Some use gas others use electricity. The decision is yours.

Or you may build the traditional drying mud oven as used by our mothers from time immemorial but with improved ventilation. If you go for this option you may need to source coal and sawdust. You will need from start one operative (assistant)with a monthly salary.

Figure how you will get your product to the market or maybe have a branded outlet (eg UK Dryfish and Crayfish Depot). Make sure everything is clean and free from flies and well packaged and you are good to go!

Hope this helps. Good luck.

5 Likes

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by 360command: 3:24am On Jul 14, 2012
10000pounds=2.5 milion naira! this na cash oooo. To invest in 9ja no easy except you don dey dat ground for a while for you to understand 9ja market very well. Everything na Segmentation , targeting and positioning. Going into a biz to yield profit na time and patient.

1. Having a restaurant(small) biz is not bad.you cud start up by selling Rice(jollof or fried). You need to create aesthetics in the rice, it should not come with the regular Rice and stew or Rice and dodo as what we see in normal canteen in 9ja. You need to bring in some vegetables,cabbage , salad cream or a special made kind of sauce attached to it. create a narrow plastic fancy long table with small fancy chairs(those colourful beautiful table and chair). set the business close to a market area(not the market itself). I have set this business to friends in calabar, edo, anambra and they are really making it there. they do not need to put on generator for the crowd that troops in . when people sees its full, they buy take away and leave.. my friends are making it despite the small space but its the designing and the food which makes it unique.

Also, as a 9ja guy u need to think deep. its not only investing in Nigeria you need to look at. africa is developing and whatever business you put in , there is bound to be success cause there are no much competition like in Europe. Look at investing along the coast of the west african regions. Our lebanese ,indians and chinese are very smart at it. they come to undeveloped regions of africa and apply their trade even at the grass root level and they are making money out of it. Countries of W.africa loves CHINA phones & accessories very much unlike Nigeria where we like big things alot, so you need big money to invest in those Big things.

A country like Togo, Ivory coast ,Burkina ,Ghana etc.which i have been to, they have love for CHINA PHONE & accessories. I also heard that people are going to Liberia now to invest in WHO KNOWS WHAT.

You need to think beyond your scope and see where your future lies. But 9ja na still the very place. if i were you, i would go for my restaurant biz since you said you are 44 which is more like a retiree coming back HOME.

En Dieu Nous Croyons - In God we trust.

Merci, CHAO CHAO!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by olawonder(m): 4:05am On Jul 14, 2012
Patience!

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by nababagod(m): 5:18am On Jul 14, 2012
hi mate,i read ur story.it's a familiar one .first i will advice u 2 stay in uk & start doing those things u should have done, eg further ur studies bcause thing are far much easier in uk than in 9ja.but if u are in any problem (eg, imi)& u no u just have 2 come back 2 9ja. i will advice u 2 stay away from family home because it's gonna finish ur money real quick.they will demand frm u..(wetin u bring?
These are my advice.
1.live with ur family only for a short time,quickly rent a room & parlour or a room self(studio flat.)in a remote & less expensive area.make it liveable.(tv,dvd,portable stereo,rug,carpet,bed & cooking utensils.nobody knows u here start a new life.save ur money in a bank.get a job just to feed u & get u familiar with 9ja.
*** dont just take advice on investing,check out people that ar into it & be the judge.
***transportation is a good
bussiness in 9ja but only if u ar d operator
***don't put all ur eggs in a basket.do business that grows.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by visionsen(m): 5:48am On Jul 14, 2012
Contact me in China.You can start ordering t-shirts men's shirts and suits with just a thousand and then come here for business in future to buy and go. Good luck.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Depot(m): 5:55am On Jul 14, 2012
If i wanted 2 travel out of 9ja,i would hv done dat long ago,but i so much believe in 9ja due 2 d population.9JA is a very large market.D money u r talking abt is a whole lot of money 2 start a gud biz here.I reside in Onitsha,sell jeans @ main mkt,its a very nice line.I travel 2 China,turkey 2 buy dem.EMAIL ME:buckdue4u@yahoo.com
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by femmy2010(m): 6:26am On Jul 14, 2012
You best bet is buying and selling .
Travel to Germany buy scap or cheap cars like Volkswagen,Benz and BMw brake them down(engines,doors,bumper etc) ship them in a container to Lagos.sell them and go back for more .
It wouldn't be easy from the start but frankly,you won't blame yourself .
Best of luck .
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by panams(m): 7:32am On Jul 14, 2012
My brother, don't wait a second. Pls, just come back home. No matter what there is no place like home. And with £10000, u hv a capital that u can start something with for example: garden drinking spot and pure water business in Abuja, fish or snail pond business, goat, pig or poultry farming, market survey for buying and selling goods on high demand etc. Then be very careful and guard urslf not to part with money carelessly. Always be certain n verify every transaction u want to make b4 parting with ur money. Don't just trust on face value, or sentiments. Run away from money doublers. Also be weary n mindful of fake prophets and pastors who may deceive u to sow unfruitful seeds. Wishing u sucess and goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by jel10: 8:26am On Jul 14, 2012
killuminati: @buju-234, wat a bright idea u posted!

@OP, I agree with him, buy electronics from there e.g, fridges, cars, computers, wears, motorcycles, sports gears, etc. I bet u won't regret it. It ain't easy thou! Wish you best of lucks bro!

very good advice,iknow a lot of pple doin this business and making lots of profit.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by benzion72(m): 8:42am On Jul 14, 2012
I advise you look out for goods like second hand cars, generator, which are in demand here ship it through port with low tarrif in Europe may be Belgium and come here to dispose it. When going back get spices and what is in demand over there ship it back. You have lost touch with reality over over such a long time. By the time you'd these for five trip you would have learn the rope.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by dnative(m): 9:56am On Jul 14, 2012
dayokanu: My brother I would give you some ideas.

Can you open a beer parlour? I thin k its a very good business, target the sururb, get a shop close to the main road and have loud music, Asun, Suya and you are set

Those suggesting haulage. 2.5m cannot buy a truck, ship and clear it into Lagos, Buying emblem, insurance and also doing some minor maintenance

You can also open a church and stage miracles there. Get fine girls in your church too and ppl would troop in

That got me really cracked up grin grin grin.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Santi222(m): 10:06am On Jul 14, 2012
Nice thread. Lots to learn.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by mekaboy(m): 11:30am On Jul 14, 2012
jackbauersballs:

Mekaboy please shutup.
How is the brothel biz different from the recruitment agency biz model?

Both biz models make profits from linking up clients with workforce.
BROSS THAT IS WHY I WISH THAT YOUR SISTERS AND DAUGHTERS WILL BE AMONG THOSE RECRUITED WHEN THEY ARE UP TO 18. LET IT BE THEIR CHOICE YOU HEAR ?

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by mekaboy(m): 11:32am On Jul 14, 2012
dayokanu:

The girls to be recruited would be adults over 18 and no one would be forced to do anything

Dont people go on their own to act Mojo? Dont girls choose to be hookers?
BROSS I HOPE YOUR DAUGHTER AND SISTERS WILL CHOOSE THAT PATH WHEN THEY ARE OVER 18, AND THERE WILL BE PEOPLE TO RECRUIT THEM.
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 14, 2012
I think i will go with metaboy except where he mentioned mental disorder stuff..anything u will do must be acceptable in God's eyes,dt is when profit will come in...I live in ibadan and believe me,things r cheap in ibadan.food,transport,house rent etc..if you can be patient,investing in fishpond makes alot sense.my frnd got a plot of land and dug it into 4 pits,bot fingerlings + setup,after 6 months,he realised 650k as profit after removing d capital bt if u cnt wait dt long,transport is d next thing u can invest on dt will bring u money on a daily basis(intra state) in ibadan.if u buy 2 small cars(golf) and say one okada,u will be receiving at least 5k in a day on dem..transport(intra state) in ibadan makes a lot of sense cos u must go out ni weda u like it or not.let ur cars by plying iwo rd to challenge everyday and see how much u will gain,traffic rules r nt strict in ibadan..in a place like iwo rd n alakia,u shld get a 2 bedroom flat below 100k,if u invest in transport in ibadan and u dont see huge income,den something is wrong somewhere.living expenses in ibadan is cheap.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by mekaboy(m): 11:42am On Jul 14, 2012
mekaboy: [b] YOU CAN MAKE IT IN NIGERIA WITH 10K.(2.5M), IN SHORT BROSS, YOU ARE A BIG BOY IN NIGERIA WITH THAT MONEY, YOU AND DANGOTE WILL BE RIVALS grin grin grin grin. ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE. DONT MIND ALL THESE PEOPLE SCARING YOU, NIGERIA IS RIPE FOR BUSINESS. I UNDERSTAND YOUR SITUATION PERFECTLY AND WILL HELP YOU WITH THIS ADVICE.

FIRST OF ALL: DO YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE UK WHEN YOU COME BACK? CAN YOU VISIT OFTEN WHEN YOUR IN NIGERIA? IF YES NO PROBLEM, IF NO, NO PROBLEM TOO . grin grin grin

1, BEFORE COMING BACK TO NIGERIA, FIND OUT PRICES OF GADGETS AND CLOTHING ACCESSORIES LIKE (BLACKBERRY PHONES,IPOD, SHOES, T-SHIRT,COOPERATE SHIRTS ETC) IN NIGERIA. FIND A PLACE YOU CAN GET GOOD ONES AT REALLY GOOD PRICE IN UK. BUY ITEMS WORTH 600K.

2, YOU HAVE 1.9M LEFT- 600K SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET YOU A SINGLE ROOM APARTMENT WITH SOME MINOR FURNISHING, DEPENDING ON WHERE YOUR BASED IN NIGERIA.

3,YOU HAVE 1.3M LEFT- NOW, BEFORE ANYTHING, STEADY INCOME IS THE MOST IMPORTANT, NO MATER HOW SMALL. ESTABLISH A BUSINESS/BUSINESSES THAT WILL GIVE YOU STEADY INCOME WITH 1M. E.G. YOU CAN BUY 2 GOOD USED CARS FOR 450K EACH . GIVE IT OUT FOR TAXI AND THEY WILL BOTH ACCOUNT A MINIMUM OF N1,500 EACH DAILY . THIS MEANS YOU MAKE N3,000 DAILY. OR YOU CAN SET UP A BABRBING SALON FOR 600K AND GET A TAXI FOR 400K. DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU ARE STAYING, YOU SHOULD BE AIRMING AT 3-5K DAILY INCOME. I KNOW PEOPLE WILL RAISE THE ISSUE OF TRUST AND TELL YOUR THEY WILL EAT YOUR MONEY, ITS TRUE BUT I,LL TELL YOU HOW TO ESCAPE THAT.

ONCE YOU ARIVE, GO TO THE NEAREST PSYCHIATRIC HOSPITAL, AND GET A DOCUMENT TO STATE THAT YOU HAVE VERY LIGHT MENTAL DISORDER. KEEP THE DOCUMENT DOWN FOR FUTURE USE. WHEN SOMEBODY TRIES TO MESS WITH YOUR MONEY, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO ANY PHYSICAL LENGHT TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK (USING BLOWS,BOTTLE,MATCHET ETC). WHEN THE POLICE GETS INVOLVED, PRESENT THAT DOCUMENT. THERE WILL BE NO CASE, AFTER ALL YOU ARE A MAD MAN, AND THERE IS NO LIMIT TO WHAT A MAD MAN CAN DO. AND THE PERSON THAT DECIDED TO MESS WITH A MAD MANS MONEY MUST BE MAD AS WELL. SO ITS A CASE OF 2 MAD PEOPLE grin grin grin grin.

4,NOW PUT THE REMAINING 300K IN YOUR ACCOUNT FOR EXPENSES FOR THE NEXT 4 MONTHS (FEEDING, TRANSPORT, ETC).

5, NOW YOU HAVE A BUSINESS THAT GENERATES 90K MONTHLY FOR YOU.

6, SELL THE ITEMS YOU BROUGHT FROM UK, BY THE TIME YOU FINISH SELLING THOSE ITEMS YOU BOUGHT FOR 600K, YOU SHOULD BE MAKING AT LEAST 150-200K PROFIT. NOW YOU HAVE 800K.

7, YOU ALREADY HAVE PEOPLE IN UK, YOU CAN ORDER STUFF OF 800K, BRING IT IN SELL AND MAKE 200K PROFIT, YOU HAVE 1M NOW.

8 , SINCE YOU HAVE A BUSINESS THAT TAKES CARE OF YOUR BASIC NEEDS, YOU KEEP TURNING THIS 1M OVER TILL IT BECOMES 5MIL IN A SHORT WHILE. YOU CAN BE BRINGING IN CONTAINER LOADS AND MAKING UP TO 4-500K PROFIT ON ONE SHIPMENT.

IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A HOUSE TO STAY, THEN U CAN INVEST THE 600K AS WELL INTO YOUR TRADE OR MONTHLY INCOME BUSINESS AND MAKE UP TO 110K MONTHLY

I DID NOT INCLUDE YOUR TICKET COME BACK IN THIS ESTIMATE. ITS NOT AS EASY AT IT SOUNDS, BUT ITS POSSIBLE. GOODLUCK.

[/b]
BROSS ITS BETTER YOU HAVE REALIZED THE TRUTH ON TIME, IF YOU DO THE SAME TIME YOU HAVE BEEN DOING FOR THE PAST 15YEARS, YOU WILL STILL BE WHERE U HAVE ALWAYS BEEN.

COME BACK AND TAKE THE RISK,ITS A BOLD STEP BUT U CAN SUCCEED IN NIGERIA. YOU DONT PAY MUCH TAX, YOU CAN MAKE UNIMAGINABLE PROFIT . JUST SET UP SOMETHING THAT WILL GIVE YOU DAILY OR MONTHLY INCOME AS I SUGGESTED AND THEN GO INTO TRADING. YOU DONT WANT TO STAY IN THE UK AND AFTER ANOTHER 15YEARS YOU POST THIS TOPIC AGAIN AND ASK FOR ADVICE.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Barnix(m): 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2012
Hello Sir,
I lived in the UK before moving back to Nigeria in 2010. I am based in Benin City,
Edo State and I am into properties.

The city per say is a fast developing city and the development going on here is
really massive and this has open doors to lots of opportunities in the property
and construction sectors.

I am looking for someone to partner with in order to setup a block industry where
we will manufacture blocks and also supply cement.

I have all the information required to set this up and we would not require up to
one million naira to setup.

This is a business where we can make a reasonable profit of between N600,000 to N750,000
monthly.

If interested and would require more information on the business please email me on
barnixconsult@yahoo.com
Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by diordaves(m): 1:42pm On Jul 14, 2012
I have noticed that folks just give advice without thinking critically. The growing trend now is folks advising on transport business or opening a shop like barbing salon. This is so short sighted. Let me expose this short sightedness by crunching numbers.

Now poster you have N2.5 Million converted.And you are advised to open a barbing salon; so lets chew numbers: For a functional salon you need good location but not expensive. I will elect eg Egbeda in Lagos State as a case study. Ikeja; V.I and Ikoyi are out! A decent spacious shop around Egbeda comes in on average of 20K a month. Your landlord will collect 18 month's rent. Don't be fooled with Fashola 1 year thing. So 18month's rent at 20K/month is N360K. You will need to do up your salon like lighting; Fan; AC; Flat Screen TV and subscription; GenSet; Chairs and cabinet and glass sliding door with interior decor and signage. So throw in another N250K. So for your "moderate" salon you've expended N610K. Without return yet and this may take over two months to set up.

Now you are advised to rent an accommodation. A cheap accommodation for N250K. You may want to live in and around Egbeda to be close to your salon so N250K accommodation is achievable in Egbeda. Now you will moderately furnish your apartmentso throw in another N200K giving you a total of N450K. Now add N610K for shop and N450K for residential accommodation you have N1 Million already. Still no return yet o!

You may start having return say after about 3 months but in this time you will be burning money in transport cost; feeding; fuel cost for GenSet and miscellaneous charges running your salon like recharge telephone card; so throw in another N200k for this three months period giving you a total of N1.3 million before any return. Trust me by this stage you will be down to about just N500K/N600K remaining from your savings. Panic will now set in. Nigeria burns money!

Now returns from your salon. Mind you; your overhead expenses are: N20K shop rent + N20K house rent + running cost of N50K (Nigeria home average figure)= N90K monthly out goings. So how much will you be making in your salon to break even and make it worth your while and pay you salary (return)?lets say you charge N100 per head in your salon so divide N90K/N100 will give you 900. It means you will have to barb 900 head a month to cover your expenses. What about your salary (return)? Coming from the UK after 15 years and hoping for a monthly salary from your salon of about N70K is not far fetched. This will mean you will need to barb 1600 heads monthly for your salon to make any economic sense. A tall dream. No! salon business; transport business view with caution. Mind you this analysis is very simplistic. If you factor in the commission or salaries of your barber(s); the dream might even be taller!

So buy blackberry here; salon there; transport here is just tantamount to scattering your money. Its just like a hen; before fowl chop e go first take leg scatter everything. You don't need that. What you need is sharp focus on a single simple income stream and face it to logical conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Can I Make It In Nigeria With Just £10,000? by Btzzk: 2:13pm On Jul 14, 2012
Though, i too agreed that the money is a little bit small, but i did not see anyone giving this guy specific amount that might be reasonable. so my question to you guys is that how much did you guys think is reasonable for some just coming down to Nija to stay after many years in abroad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Forex EA Developers Lounge / Devaluation: Naira Now N183 To The Dollar / Bet9ja Refused To Pay 15 Million Won With Bonus All Evidence Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.