Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,811 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:24 PM

Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti (12077 Views)

University Student beaten to death Over Girlfriend In Jigawa / Pregnant Woman Beaten To Coma / Kidnappers Beaten To Near Death By Angry Mob In Calabar [viewers Discretion] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Germannig: 5:49am On Jul 13, 2012
Septuagenarian beaten to death in Ekiti

| Print | E-mail

Written by Sam Nwaoko, Ado-Ekiti Friday, 13 July 2012

Omuo-Ekiti, headquarters of Ekiti East Local Government Area of Ekiti State is now tense following the alleged beating to death of a 70-year-old woman, Mrs Rebecca Adewumi, by a mob in the community on the allegation that she was a witch.

The mob that allegedly beat the woman to death was also alleged to have assaulted her niece, Mrs Anike Orojo, who was said to have made efforts to save the deceased from her attackers.

The family, in a letter of complaint to the state Commissioner of Police, Mr Sotonye Wakama, signed by their counsel, Mr Dele Omotosho of Dele Omotosho and co. listed the names of people they claimed perpetrated the act.

The letter said the daughter of the deceased, Mrs Grace Funmilayo Smith, claimed that the accused people “subjected her late mother to serious beatings and inhuman treatment, stripped her naked in the open, forced her to drink a poisonous drug with which she used to treat a wound on her leg.”

The family said in the petition dated July 5, 2012, that the incident happened on Tuesday, June 26 at Obadore, Omuo-Ekiti.

The deceased’s ordeal was said to have started on May 9, 2012 when she was taken to the palace of the Olomuo of Omuo-Ekiti, Oba Noah Omonigbehin.

The state Commissioner of Police said in his reaction to the development that the police had got report about the incident and the petition by the family, adding that nobody had been arrested as at press time because no eyewitness to the alleged crime had come forward to identify any suspect.

Wakama said the police could not rely on the names listed by the lawyers in their petition because they were not at the scene of the alleged crime, saying though the corpse had been taken to a private hospital for autopsy, the police would not rely on that as the law said autopsy must be carried out by pathologists in a government hospital.

He said a member of the deceased’s family, who was said to have witnessed the incident, would make a statement upon which the police could base their arrest and subsequent action, and promised that justice would be done in the matter.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/44135-septuagenarian-beaten-to-death-in-ekiti
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Germannig: 5:49am On Jul 13, 2012
WOW!! MODERN-DAY COMMUNAL BARBARISM
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Tsmooth1(m): 6:41am On Jul 13, 2012
Very Good story to hear, more grease to their elbow.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by omayyi: 7:08am On Jul 13, 2012
Fountain of ignorance and backwardness
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by khadaffi(m): 7:13am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
Now what is good about the story? That the woman was killed or that the matter is in court?
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Tsmooth1(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2012
@khaddafi, because she be witch. I hate witch and evil doer. Anybody suspected of witchcraft should be executed and they did good by executing her.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by denko(m): 8:48am On Jul 13, 2012
Who confirms she is a witch(suspicion). Ignorance in black nations

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by faithin9ja: 8:48am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
@khaddafi, because she be witch. I hate witch and evil doer. Anybody suspected of witchcraft should be executed and they did good by executing her.

I hope you are just being sarcastic otherwise you are displaying your ignorance.

May your mother, sister and daughters be accused of witchcraft and then beaten to death by savages

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by idirect(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2012
My people are useless.
My people are senseless

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Afam4eva(m): 8:53am On Jul 13, 2012
idirect: My people are useless.
My people are senseless
Are you from Ekiti?
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 13, 2012
Africans and their fascination with the supernatural. Your mates are engineering flying automobiles and artificial intelligence and you're beating septuagenarians to death. You all deserve to club yourselves to death with animal bones.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
There are no witches. Those people are victims of unwelcome spirit occupants, they need help not stones.

2 Likes

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 8:58am On Jul 13, 2012
Suffer not the witch to live! Let the witch die...and 4 dis matter,it doesn't need any proof.by their fruits u knw them.i think the villagers did d ryt thing
faithin9ja:

I hope you are just being sarcastic otherwise you are displaying your ignorance.

May your mother, sister and daughters be accused of witchcraft and then beaten to death by savages
You cant conquer his ignorance with curses. But you can enlighten him.

1 Like

Suffer not the witch to live! Let the witch die...and 4 dis matter,it doesn't need any proof.by their fruits u knw them.i think the villagers did d ryt thing.
binger: Suffer not the witch to live! Let the witch die...and 4 dis matter,it doesn't need any proof.by their fruits u knw them.i think the villagers did d ryt thing
Have you seen a witch before ?

2 Likes

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by idirect(m): 8:59am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:
I don't think you are okay sir

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by nagoma(m): 9:05am On Jul 13, 2012
It is always and old woman or a child . You never hear of a 30 year old 6 foot muscular man accosted by these cowardly bastard witch hunters.one day the accused "witch " will come out with Ak47 fully loaded and clear that savage mob, then the police will act.

10 Likes

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by dotcomnamename: 9:06am On Jul 13, 2012
Not every post u should hide now.
There some post that will teach some people lesson here.
How would they learn if u keep hiding all posts...
I think u should only hide any post with Swearing, harsh and etc..

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by tunnytox(m): 9:08am On Jul 13, 2012
binger: Suffer not the witch to live! Let the witch die...and 4 dis matter,it doesn't need any proof.by their fruits u knw them.i think the villagers did d ryt thing.

I suspect you're a witch so you deserve to be stoned to death.. Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 13, 2012
T-smooth:

Seriously, you don't know how foolish you sound, do you?

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Ogbodavies(m): 9:16am On Jul 13, 2012
Naija with quick response over suspicions,when all d confirmed looting politicians r walking about town without mob action cry

1 Like

Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by agent22: 9:16am On Jul 13, 2012
I dntreally believe in witch. Have not witness any witch or evil spirit.
Re: Septuagenarian Beaten To Death In Ekiti by Nobody: 9:17am On Jul 13, 2012
binger: Suffer not the witch to live! Let the witch die...and 4 dis matter,it doesn't need any proof.by their fruits u knw them.i think the villagers did d ryt thing

Se if dem ask u u go talk say u read am for bible. Bros, yo life no correct! Which time u become God wey u fit talk who be witch and who no be? I de already vex for one mumu wey yarn nonsense u come carry bible de show yo mumu pass. Nonsense!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Gajiram In Borno, Four killed, Twelve Women Missing / Robbers Attack NAN Jos Branch This Morning / EFCC Arrests Gambian, Others For Illegal Oil Deal In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.