Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better (16768 Views)

Fernando Torres On Loan To AC Milan / Robin Van-Persie Is Off To Manchester United / Fernando Torres Wins Golden Boot At Euro 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 8:47pm On Mar 01, 2012
dayokanu:

Well There is little one can do about your situation

Everyone who read my statement understood what I meant that RvP when he was in doldrums was young and younger players have the better chance of recovery from bad form than older players

I cant help you with analytical reasoning at your age

so rvp was young at 26? the same age torres was at the world cup when you slated him?
if van persie could bounce from his doldrums at 26, why hasn't torres recovered from his since his form started suffering at 26?

mr dayokanu - you don't make sense!
your stupidity in megawatts would certainly solve the electricity problems in all the 3rd world nations.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 10:51pm On Mar 01, 2012
Coogar yarning dust as per usual. RvP didn't score a dozen league goals till he was 27 is stewpid talk cos A. He hardly played as a striker until 2009-2010. B. He was always injured, never even played a full season.

Only soccer illiterates think RvP started playing well last year or "when he turned 28". You won't find ANY season where RvP hasn't been brilliant for Arsenal despite his fitness issues, and he's been at the club for like 8 years. It's a shame he had to start breaking goal-scoring records(simply because he's fit/playing higher up the pitch) for ignoramuses like Coogar and Dayokanu to rate him. In fact you can't even compare the quality of goals he's scoring now to the ones he was scoring 5-8 years ago when it seemed every other goal he scored was a wonder-goal. If anything, he's actually dumbed-down his game to adapt to his "new" role.

Finally, even when Torres was in his prime, the only ability he had over RvP was finishing, and RvP has since proven to be an exceptional finisher as well. That said, there's not a single skill in football RvP doesn't execute better than Torres. Rant over.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 11:02pm On Mar 01, 2012
ritchboy:

Coogar yarning dust as per usual. RvP didn't score a dozen league goals till he was 27 is stewpid talk cos A. He hardly played as a striker until 2009-2010. B. He was always injured, never even played a full season.

so what did he play as? defender or goalkeeper?
if he was on the flanks, messi and ronaldo scored obscene amount of goals from the flank. it's simply no excuse for a striker of his quality to not have scored more than a dozen goals till age 27.

Only soccer illiterates think RvP started playing well last year or "when he turned 28". You won't find ANY season where RvP hasn't been brilliant for Arsenal despite his fitness issues, and he's been at the club for like 8 years. It's a shame he had to start breaking goal-scoring records(simply because he's fit/playing higher up the pitch) for ignoramuses like Coogar and Dayokanu to rate him. In fact you can't even compare the quality of goals he's scoring now to the ones he was scoring 5-8 years ago when it seemed every other goal he scored was a wonder-goal. If anything, he's actually dumbed-down his game to adapt to his "new" role.

you're a goat.
when has van persie played deeper for arsenal? the only difference is in the previous seasons, the team was built around cesc fabregas.
last season and this season, arsenal revamped their strategy and built the team around robin. everyone in the team looks for him in the final third and he gets into the box to finish off from crosses and smart inter-plays.

Finally, even when Torres was in his prime, the only ability he had over RvP was finishing, and RvP has since proven to be an exceptional finisher as well. That said, there's not a single skill in football RvP doesn't execute better than Torres. Rant over.

finishing was the only ability torres had over van persie in torres' prime?
you should be locked up with ibori.

torres had raw pace, acceleration, aerial prowess, positioning and finishing.
you might have to look for his clips again on youtube to see the kind of goals torres was scoring.
he's miles better than van persie in virtually everything apart from ball controlling techniques.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by mikuz(m): 11:16pm On Mar 01, 2012
Cooger ride on. Your head dey there. No scrapping of barrels!!
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 11:54pm On Mar 01, 2012
coogar:

so what did he play as? defender or goalkeeper?
if he was on the flanks, messi and ronaldo scored obscene amount of goals from the flank. it's simply no excuse for a striker of his quality to not have scored more than a dozen goals till age 27.

Messi, Ronaldo(the two most exceptional players of their generation), and who else? Were Messi and Ronaldo injured for 4-6 months every season?

when has van persie played deeper for arsenal?

Before Adebayor left(pre 09/10), RvP ALWAYS played in the hole/on the flanks.

the only difference is in the previous seasons, the team was built around cesc fabregas.
last season and this season, arsenal revamped their strategy and built the team around robin. everyone in the team looks for him in the final third and he gets into the box to finish off from crosses and smart inter-plays.

Nonsense analysis. Cesc was at the club last season when RvP was averaging a goal a game.

finishing was the only ability torres had over van persie in torres' prime?
you should be locked up with ibori.

torres had raw pace, acceleration, aerial prowess, positioning and finishing.
you might have to look for his clips again on youtube to see the kind of goals torres was scoring.
he's miles better than van persie in virtually everything apart from ball controlling techniques.

Which dirty pace/acceleration? RvP is what they call "deceptively quick", don't be fooled by his somewhat lanky appearance. I remember looking at the stats from the 2006 WC and Euro 2008, RvP was in the top-five players in terms of the highest speeds clocked.

EDIT: He was actually in the top two from Euro 2008: A fact. Robin van Persie is the second-fastest player at Euro 2008, reaching a top speed of 31.53km/h in the group stages.

Can't seem to find the World Cup link.

Aerial prowess: the few times Arsenal have managed to get decent aerial delivery he's proved he's more than capable of scoring with his head. Torres isn't exactly prolific here either. Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure he wins more aerial duels than Torres.

Positioning: Don't make me laugh. When i mentioned RvP dumbing-down his game it was partly because of the obscene amount of tap-ins he's been scoring by getting himself into "right place at the right time" situations,  If he were a Hernandez-type player you woulda been creaming yourself over his "unbelievable movement", maybe you don't notice cos he doesn't strike you as the sort of player.

I've already discussed finishing, and some of what you've listed aren't even "skills" per se. When you look at the core skills of football like passing, technique, crossing, first-touch, dead-balls, ball-control, dribbling, etc, RvP murks Torres in every single department, and i seriously doubt he learned all those skills after his 28th birthday.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 12:12am On Mar 02, 2012
ritchboy:

Messi, Ronaldo(the two most exceptional players of theri generation), and who else? Were Messi and Ronaldo injured for 4-6 months every season?

when van persie was in holland, how did he fare?
he was injured then too?

Before Adebayor left(pre 09/10), RvP ALWAYS played in the hole/on the flanks.

ohh please. . .spare me these excuses.

Nonsense analysis. Cesc was at the club last season when RvP was averaging a goal a game.

cesc was perma-crocked last season, hombre.
arsenal had adjusted to playing without cesc since last season. . . .robin van persie started leading the line in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation.
add obscene number of penalties/freekicks to it and his goal haul is a no brainer.

Which dirty pace/acceleration? RvP is what they call "deceptively quick", don't be fooled by his somewhat lanky appearance. I remember looking at the stats from the 2006 WC and Euro 2008, RvP was in the top-five players in terms of the highest speeds clocked.

torres is faster.
@ liverpool, torres was breezing past defenders like they weren't even there.

Aerial prowess: the few times Arsenal have managed to get decent aerial delivery he's proved he's more than capable of scoring with his head. Off the top of my head I'm pretty sure he wins more aerial duels than Torres.

don't confuse bendtner with van persie.
van persie has only scored 3 league goals with his head in his entire career in england spanning 8 seasons.
torres has scored 9 league goals with his head in england. van persie had been in england for 4 seasons before torres joined him.
my friend, it's a no brainer.

Positioning: Don't make me laugh. When i mentioned RvP dumbing-down his game it was partly because of the obscene amount of tap-ins he's been scoring by getting himself into "right place at the right time" situations,  If he were a Hernandez-type player you woulda been creaming yourself over his "unbelievable movement", maybe you don't notice cos he's doesn't strike you as the sort of player.

he leads the line. this sorta stuff is expected.
the creativity has to be abandoned to his wingers(walcott/arshavin/gervinho) and he must get in the box to finish off the low/high crosses.
united fans also complained about ronaldo's play in his final moments @ man utd. he became a goal-getter and abandoned his overall play.

now that is the difference between torres who plays with greedy wingers and van persie who plays with intelligent team-mates.
torres in van persie's shoes would have scored plenty of goals cos walcott n gervinho would find him with good passes.
a striker is as potent as his supporting cast!

I've already discussed finishing, and some of what you've listed aren't even "skills" per se. When you look at the core skills of football like passing, technique, crossing, first-touch, dead-balls, ball-control, dribbling, etc, RvP murks Torres in every single department, and i seriously doubt he learned all those skills after his 28th birthday.

you need to see torres' first 50 goals for liverpool clip.
then you would know fernando torres is wasted at chelsea.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 12:55am On Mar 02, 2012
coogar:

when van persie was in holland, how did he fare?
he was injured then too?

Van Persie was a winger at Feyenoord and most of his time there was as a teenager. He still managed 22 goals in two seasons despite his beef with Van Marwijk and limited game-time. Tell me how many goals other teenage wingers are scoring.

ohh please. . .spare me these excuses.

How many goals does Iker Casillas score? Please don't give any lame excuses like him being a goalie and all!

cesc was perma-crocked last season, hombre.
arsenal had adjusted to playing without cesc since last season. . . .robin van persie started leading the line in a 4-2-3-1/4-3-3 formation.

OK, so Arsenal built the team around RVP even when Cesc was fit? What sort of rubbish postulation is this? I'm sure in the games Cesc played his goal-ratio must have been even better considering the superior service tongue

add obscene number of penalties/freekicks to it and his goal haul is a no brainer.

Off the top of my head he scored two penalties(away to West Ham/home to Liverpool) and one free-kick(away to Birmingham). I don't know how you arrive at these asinine conclusions.

torres is faster.
@ liverpool, torres was breezing past defenders like they weren't even there.

Your word versus mine/Castrol Index cheesy  Torres isn't quicker than RvP.

don't confuse bendtner with van persie.
van persie has only scored 3 league goals with his head in his entire career in england spanning 8 seasons.
torres has scored 9 league goals with his head in england. van persie had been in england for 4 seasons before torres joined him.
my friend, it's a no brainer.

Link? In any case this is not sufficient evidence to pass judgement.

he leads the line. this sorta stuff is expected.

And what does Torres do? Mislead the line? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the creativity has to be abandoned to his wingers(walcott/arshavin/gervinho) and he must get in the box to finish off the low/high crosses.
united fans also complained about ronaldo's play in his final moments @ man utd. he became a goal-getter and abandoned his overall play.

now that is the difference between torres who plays with greedy wingers and van persie who plays with intelligent team-mates.
torres in van persie's shoes would have scored plenty of goals cos walcott n gervinho would find him with good passes.
a striker is as potent as his supporting cast!

Hehehe, Walcott must have morphed into Garrincha with all these "good passes", "creativity", and "intelligence"(i thought he had no football-brain), lolol. Is Mata(who you claim is better than Silva, the most creative player in the league) selling kolanut?

you need to see torres' first 50 goals for liverpool clip.
then you would know fernando torres is wasted at chelsea.

At this rate(5 goals per year) Torres would need to spend a decade at Chelsea before another 50-goal clip is made! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dipo1: 9:18am On Mar 02, 2012
Seriously are you guys deliberating this shocked And with Coogar?? Coogar who said a certian imbertov is better than RvP?

Abeg make una find better tin yearn about
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by AjanleKoko: 11:38am On Mar 02, 2012
^^
People are wicked sha grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 11:45am On Mar 02, 2012
ritchboy:

Van Persie was a winger at Feyenoord and most of his time there was as a teenager. He still managed 22 goals in two seasons despite his beef with Van Marwijk and limited game-time. Tell me how many goals other teenage wingers are scoring.

stop lying, he was a striker at feynoord. . . . .he sometimes played behind a striker in his short stint there but he was mostly operating from a central position.
who dash van persie the wing role at feynoord? and the beef with the manager was overrated. van persie himself has recently admitted he was a flop at feynoord cos he couldn't the best out of himself there?

How many goals does Iker Casillas score? Please don't give any lame excuses like him being a goalie and all!

how's this relevant?

OK, so Arsenal built the team around RVP even when Cesc was fit? What sort of rubbish postulation is this? I'm sure in the games Cesc played his goal-ratio must have been even better considering the superior service tongue

cesc was hardly fit last season. i could count the number of games cesc came in as a substitute and was later substituted.
by last season with cesc often missing from the line up, arsenal learnt to play without cesc.

Off the top of my head he scored two penalties(away to West Ham/home to Liverpool) and one free-kick(away to Birmingham). I don't know how you arrive at these asinine conclusions.

your have a sleepy head. how many things do you remember?
you have never been the sharpest tool in the drawer. grin

Your word versus mine/Castrol Index cheesy  Torres isn't quicker than RvP.
Link? In any case this is not sufficient evidence to pass judgement.

see this gooner.
i should provide the link and even if i do, it is not sufficient enough to pass judgement.
torres has scored 9 times with his head in the league, van persie has scored just 3 goals with his head and you're comparing their aerial prowess?
you need to be lobotomized.

And what does Torres do? Mislead the line? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

no support.

Hehehe, Walcott must have morphed into Garrincha with all these "good passes", "creativity", and "intelligence"(i thought he had no football-brain), lolol. Is Mata(who you claim is better than Silva, the most creative player in the league) selling kolanut?

compare the number of combined assists of walcott + gervinho to sturridge + malouda and get back to me.

At this rate(5 goals per year) Torres would need to spend a decade at Chelsea before another 50-goal clip is made! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

football is a funny game.
not too long ago, people used to diss van persie he couldn't score a dozen league goals.

dipo+:

Seriously are you guys deliberating this  shocked  And with Coogar?? Coogar who said a certian imbertov is better than RvP?

Abeg make una find better tin yearn about

berbatov is better player than van persie. . . .

van persie has already played more minutes this season than berbatov did throughout the whole of last season.
if you add the number of penalties/freekicks the dutchman has scored to his stats, it's a no brainer why his statistics look good.
give the 2 of them the same minutes on the pitch and the bulgarian would score more.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 4:30pm On Mar 02, 2012
coogar:

stop lying, he was a striker at feynoord. . . . .he sometimes played behind a striker in his short stint there but he was mostly operating from a central position.
who dash van persie the wing role at feynoord? and the beef with the manager was overrated. van persie himself has recently admitted he was a flop at feynoord cos he couldn't the best out of himself there?

Olodo, everyone and their grandma knows RvP was mainly a left winger at Feyenoord.

cesc was hardly fit last season. i could count the number of games cesc came in as a substitute and was later substituted.
by last season with cesc often missing from the line up, arsenal learnt to play without cesc.

Start counting. . .

see this gooner.
i should provide the link and even if i do, it is not sufficient enough to pass judgement.
torres has scored 9 times with his head in the league, van persie has scored just 3 goals with his head and you're comparing their aerial prowess?

How many high crosses do Arsenal put into the box? How many of Chamakh's(aerial king) goals at Arsenal have been with his head?

no support.

Yawn.

compare the number of combined assists of walcott + gervinho to sturridge + malouda and get back to me.

Walcott + Gervinho = 14 assists

Mata + Sturridge = 13 assists

Kini big deal? cheesy

football is a funny game.
not too long ago, people used to diss van persie he couldn't score a dozen league goals.

Speak for yourself and your band of nut-jobs! grin grin grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by tayoccu(m): 4:11am On Mar 03, 2012
I wonder why people bother arguing with couger
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 4:16pm On Mar 03, 2012
ritchboy:

Olodo, everyone and their grandma knows RvP was mainly a left winger at Feyenoord.
Start counting. . .

not according to his clips i saw recently. he was a forward.

How many high crosses do Arsenal put into the box? How many of Chamakh's(aerial king) goals at Arsenal have been with his head?
Yawn.

plenty of them!
like the one sagna lumped on robin's head today.

Walcott + Gervinho = 14 assists
Mata + Sturridge = 13 assists
Kini big deal? cheesy

plenty of big deal. walcott/gervinho have helped van persie score more than 20 league goals already.
who is benefitting from mata/sturridge crosses? the highest goal scorer in chelsea is lampard.
don't they have strikers anymore? the fact that sturridge scores more goals than he assists is a pointer that walcott/gervinho know what they are doing.
the wingers at chelsea do not know what they are meant to do.

Speak for yourself and your band of nut-jobs! grin grin grin

you are a troglodyte!
when this thread was made, you made no argument for van persie.
you were muted like a muzzled pet-dog. grin cheesy
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by Hardunnii(f): 4:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
Its either coogar is dumb, or he does it on purpose, imagine berbatov is beta than van persi, by d way nice assist 4rm song but its nt his job so mikel is beta, right cugar
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2012
Hardunnii:

Its either coogar is dumb, or he does it on purpose, imagine berbatov is beta than van persi, by d way nice assist 4rm song but its nt his job so mikel is beta, right cugar

you are a tool!
mikel vs song debate has been put to bed on the man united thread! https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-871307.192.html#msg10279939
you probably missed the memo when intellectuals sat down to put the debate to the sword.
in the end, mikel won. grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by duduspace(m): 6:57am On Mar 04, 2012
tayoccu:

I wonder why people bother arguing with couger

It serves a purpose, he needs to be reminded of his mental incompetence periodically.  grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 10:00am On Mar 04, 2012
Another brilliant brace for the levitating Dutchman, another blank for the sunken Spaniard! cheesy cheesy

While RvP is slugging it out with Messi and Ronaldo for the Golden Shoe, Torres is locking horns with Andy Carroll for the elixir of crappiness grin grin grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by tayoccu(m): 11:30am On Mar 04, 2012
@ dudu
U know u can never fill a basket with water, regardless how hard you try.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by mykali(m): 1:34pm On Mar 04, 2012
how times have changed. . .when this thread was created, RVP was nowhere near Torres

this goes to show that each player has a different peaking period. Torres peaked early
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by tayoccu(m): 1:47pm On Mar 04, 2012
True.
Mykali ow far nah (3rd dey hail o)
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by mykali(m): 1:59pm On Mar 04, 2012
3rd Raikage?? cheesy
my main man. . .longest of times
its weird to meet you here tho? grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 2:00pm On Mar 04, 2012
mykali:

how times have changed. . .when this thread was created, RVP was nowhere near Torres

this goes to show that each player has a different peaking period. Torres peaked early

Rubbish. The thread was created in April 2006, no way Torres was better than RvP in 2006.

----------------------------------------

Anyways, I'm glad nuccahs who think RvP started playing well yesterday are finally outing themselves as soccer illiterates. FYIz, RvP's worst performance in an Arsenal shirt is circa 7.5/10, and that was his debut season(04/05) @ 20-21. The only problems he had were his temperament(first season in particular) and not having enough time to prove himself because of injuries. It's not a coincidence he received universal acclaim the very first time he's managed to stay fit for a year.

Show me a season(you have EIGHT to choose from) RvP wasn't brilliant and I'll show you your vagina! grin grin grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by tayoccu(m): 2:11pm On Mar 04, 2012
@mykali
Been here since 2k6, but things became messed up around here so I decided to lay low
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 4:46pm On Mar 04, 2012
ritchboy:

Rubbish. The thread was created in April 2006, no way Torres was better than RvP in 2006.

----------------------------------------

pay attention to the details.
the real discussion started in 2009. . . .your first post on this thread was in 2009.

Anyways, I'm glad nuccahs who think RvP started playing well yesterday are finally outing themselves as soccer illiterates. FYIz, RvP's worst performance in an Arsenal shirt is circa 7.5/10, and that was his debut season(04/05) @ 20-21. The only problems he had were his temperament(first season in particular) and not having enough time to prove himself because of injuries. It's not a coincidence he received universal acclaim the very first time he's managed to stay fit for a year.

Show me a season(you have EIGHT to choose from) RvP wasn't brilliant and I'll show you your vagina! grin grin grin

04/05
05/06
06/07
08/09

van persie was utter w@nk these seasons and you wouldn't put him in the top 5 strikers in the league at any time throughout these 4 seasons.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by AjanleKoko: 5:03pm On Mar 04, 2012
Rafa Benitez, Roy Hodgson, Carlo Ancelotti and now Andre Villas-Boas have all been sacked whilst managing Fernando Torres grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by dayokanu(m): 5:21pm On Mar 04, 2012
Del Bosque survived thus far because he stuck Torres where he rightfully belongs
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by duduspace(m): 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2012
tayoccu:

@ dudu
U know u can never fill a basket with water, regardless how hard you try.

True, but some people have made themselves into societal burdens and have to be treated as such. You don't stop sweeping garbage off the streets despite knowing for sure it'll be there again tomorrow. grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 10:29pm On Mar 04, 2012
duduspace:

It serves a purpose, he needs to be reminded of his mental incompetence periodically.  grin

this is a bit rich especially coming from an inscrutable troglodyte that has been predicting united's demise for the past 3 seasons. grin
if being brainless is a germ, duduface is it's infection site.
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by ritchboy(m): 11:43pm On Mar 04, 2012
coogar:

04/05
05/06
06/07
08/09

van persie was utter w@nk these seasons and you wouldn't put him in the top 5 strikers in the league at any time throughout these 4 seasons.

Hehehehe, this is the dumbest shit I've ever read.

04/05: Used sparingly, still showed many flashes of brilliance when called upon. Injury ended his season prematurely. 7.5/10

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_cuzVurmfQ[/flash]

05/06: Saw more game-time and duly delivered with more consistency. 8/10 easy.

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54apdicCkZ4[/flash]

06/07: More injury woes, still managed to finish as Arsenal's top-scorer despite playing a lot on the left wing. Your brain must be in cyclic redundancy to be listing 06/07 as an "utter w@nk" season for RvP when i vividly recall this same mugu called Coogar aka Jackal naming RvP in his team of the season that year. Also scored the most ridiculous volley in Premier League history. 8.5/10

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzYjybKkhk[/flash]

08/09: Arsenal's player of the season. Dazzled week in week out with some of the most brilliant in-the-hole displays English football will ever see. You must be absolutely mad for suggesting he was anything short of spectacular that season. 9/10

[flash=640,390]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2NocIEqvUU[/flash]
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 12:38am On Mar 05, 2012
ritchboy:

Hehehehe, this is the dumbest shit I've ever read.

you're a cockstain. . . .
i gave you a list of seasons van persie was utter w@nk and you are here bringing youtube goals and telling us he's arsenal's best striker.
what a cobweb you have in your cranial cavity. rodallega is wigan's best striker now means he's being good? my comparison is against the whole league, you are clutching at him being the best striker at arsenal. . . .how many decent strikers have arsenal got that van persie won't be the best there?

compare van persie to the strikers in the league back then not what he was doing at arsenal.

04/05. . . .henry, andy johnson, yakubu, rooney, defoe were all better.
05/06. . . .henry, ruud, bent, keane, rooney were better.

06/07. . . . drogba, rooney, berbatov, bent, mccarthy and even mido stole the shine.
08/09. . . . .anelka, torres, rooney, robinho and bent still outclassed van persie.

van persie has never made epl's team of the season ever before.
it's one thing to be brilliant in arsenal(they are full of shyte anyways) but it's another thing to be dominant in the league.

of van persie's 8 seasons in england, this season has been his best . . . . .apart from his obvious number one position on the scorer's charts, he has been able to do it in hostile away grounds. something he never did in seasons past.

this season alone. . . .

scored at old trafford(his debut goal there after 8 seasons)
scored a hatrick at stamford bridge.

scored at white hart lane
scored at anfield.

he has also managed to score against some of these big teams at home in the emirates.
that's the mark of a striker who is ruling the roost not the nonsense youtube links you are showing me.

if i grab agbonlahor's videos on youtube n paste them here, you would pee in your pants.
they only capture the brilliant things a striker does. . . .never the crappy stuffs.

for you to come here and say van persie was 8.5/10 in 2006/7 makes u look like a complete dunderhead.
what should we then call ronaldo that season? 14/10? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by duduspace(m): 12:41am On Mar 05, 2012
ritchboy:

08/09: Arsenal's player of the season. Dazzled week in week out with some of the most brilliant in-the-hole displays English football will ever see. You must be absolutely mad for suggesting he was anything short of spectacular that season. 9/10

Naaa, He only needs to be dangled upside down for about a week, the increased blood supply to his brain should reenergize some of his atrophied synapses from their comatose state.  grin
Re: Fernando Torres Vs Robin Van Persie: Who's Better by coogar: 12:45am On Mar 05, 2012
duduspace:

Naaa, He only needs to be dangled upside down for about a week, the increased blood supply to his brain should reenergize some of his atrophied synapses from their comatose state.  grin

this epileptic beast of burden has found his voice again - oh yes, arsenal have won 2 games in a row and preejacs flow ceaselessly.
mumu told us united would decline and arsenal's policy is the new order - 27 games down the line and arsenal sit 15 points below united yet again.
the debt is meant to have crumbled fergie's empire as they cannot sustain paying the players.
if you are not the most idiotic man on planet earth, then guinness book record should be sued.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burnley Vs Liverpool (0 - 3) On 31st August 2019 / Cardiff City Vs Liverpool (0 - 2) On 21st April 2019 / Manchester City Vs Southampton (4 - 0) On 8th October 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.