Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:18 PM

Sean Taylor Is Dead - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sean Taylor Is Dead (1104 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo's Son, Sean Takes After Him As A Footballer, Scores 4 Goals / Wilfred Agbonivbare Is Dead - Former Eagles Goalkeeper (Pictured) / Godwin Spiff Sagbama Is Dead - Veteran Sports Journalist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sean Taylor Is Dead by davidif: 5:07am On Dec 05, 2007
Sean Taylor an american football player is dead, he got killed in his house in miami, he was only 24 and is survived by his 18 month old daughter, his fiancee and his father. He will surely be missed. May his soul rest in paradise. Amen.
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by tosinadeda: 5:27am On Dec 05, 2007
dont know about him being missedabi who know am b4 him die, all i know is that ita a bad thing to happen to anybody
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by ochocinco1(m): 6:06am On Dec 05, 2007
The guy was a bit of a hothead, but no one deserves to die in such a manner. . .

Trust him to have confronted the burglars. . .

Dare I say it lots of wide recievers and tail backs are heaving a sigh of relief
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by davidif: 4:09am On Dec 11, 2007
@tosin whatever is your name
and you wonder why our country is so pathetic. Someone died, instead of feeling sympathy, you are so extremely hard hearted; "Bad things happen to people all the time" as if he is just another animal who just got killed. I barely even know the guy but my heart grieves for his family (his 18 month old daughter who would never know her father). That's why our useless joke of a country will remain that way for a looooooong time. Everybody over there is just so insensitive and hard hearted that's why you have politicians or rich folks in covoys of hummers and jaguars driving past people leaving in refuse or squalors lie Mushin or Oshodi and not feel anything at all talk less of a heart break, most oyinbos would see this and have an epiphany, some would weep uncontrollably, some would even go as far as committing suicide. On the other hand, the average Nigerian like you don't even feel anything towards your people, because you all dead emotionally. Some of you even smile or yell at people who beg them or people of lower class (eg gateman, mechanic). Don't worry ehn, keep up the good work, your country is sitting on a tinderbox which will soon explode and you refugee behinds would start begging USA for asylum.I don't even know how some of you even have the nerve to go to church. Y'all better ask God to break your hearts of stone so that you can have compassion for people like Jesus did.
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by maden9ja(m): 6:07pm On Dec 11, 2007
hey davidif,

take it easy on the guy, Come on man, U didnt have to go trashing Nigeria like that, I mean, the guy spoke for HIMSELF , and not for us Nigerians as a whole,
U shud take bak wat u said abt Nija,

He doesn't know who Sean Taylor is, But anyway, that's no excuse to say what he said,

Anyway, I really didn't Sean Taylor on that team, I only knw Clinton Portis and Lavar Arrington (is he still on the team),

I feel sorry fr the guy and his family man, nobody deserves to die that way, u said it best,

Bt i saw that the assailants have been nabbed and hopefully justice will be served,
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by davidif: 5:24am On Dec 14, 2007
I apologize for my comments if i offended anyone on this thread.
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by maden9ja(m): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2007
it's okay fella,

I know it was only a 'heat of the moment' kind of thing,

Anyways, it's over,

But about the Sean Taylor thing,

U're in the US right?? Why is there so much black on black crime??,

It's so sad to see ppel killing their very own, Don't u think
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by WadeFTW: 7:06pm On Dec 14, 2007
don't know about him being missed abi who know am before him die,

I did. He went to the University Of Miami (my dad's alma mater) before he went pro. At Miami, the football program were always close like family. I, as well as many others, felt that we've just lost a brother.
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by Nobody: 2:14am On Dec 15, 2007
eeeh yah.RIP dear sad shocked
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by Fadajasi(m): 9:47am On Dec 15, 2007
You mean sean kingston is dead? Dats bad,poor boy
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by davidif: 12:25am On Dec 16, 2007
@made n naija
I don't know,i really don't have any golden answer but i guess its drugs, drugs, drugs. The poor school system in the inner city (where blacks live). In America, you can only go to school were you live even if that means your school is as good as some Mudasiru fatai Abdulaziz comprehension gramar school (you know what i mean). You can't just move anywhere because housing in other parts are ridiculously expensive.
Breakdown in culture and society, students excel in school if there is co-operation between parents, teachers and the student, but if daddy is in prison and mommy has to work 2-3 jobs, where is the time fo junior? What facilitates this is the fact that African Americans have a 70% child out of wedlock rate, which in turn leads to the high incarceration rate (conviction) this is what happens when you have kids without guidance running around.
In America the justice system is very complicated. If you've ever been to jail before, your chances of getting a normal life just went down the drain (its almost impossible to get a job as a janitor), talkless of being convicted of a felony (federal crime). Aye e ti pari (your life is basically over) because the govt would strip you of your rights for life (you can't even vote no more, talkless of a job) that's why 80% of people released from prison eventually go back because why would i be spending 40 hours a week working at McDonalds or some menial job for $400.00 a month when i could be making $500.00 an hour selling crack.

So my good friend, the problems are so numerous and complex, that's why i thank God i was born and raised in Naija where we still have a strong and conservative culture and society and where we are thought that the sky is the limit, only if you work hard (remember those grueling hours reciting the multiplication table and solving those "Larcombes" mathematical problems, guess what? they paid off big time).
Re: Sean Taylor Is Dead by davidif: 3:56am On Dec 19, 2007
Sean Taylor was voted into the pro-bowl posthumously.

(1) (Reply)

Arsene Wenger's Letter To Arsenal Fans / Help! Lawn Tennis Academy / Nff Rejects Super Eagles Jersey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.