Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,623 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole (27108 Views)

Ministerial List: I Am Disappointed, Says Balarabe Musa / I Am Disappointed In Buhari -helen Paul / Nigerian Senate Express Confidence In Jega, INEC; Okay Card Readers For Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by holymike47(m): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2012
The Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomhole on Saturday said that he is disappointed in both the Chairman of the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) and the electoral body for failing in their responsibility to conduct a free poll in the state.

The Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole

The governor warned that there will be trouble if the true winner of the election is not declared.

Mr Oshiomhole who disclosed this during an interview with journalists at the Iyamho primary school, Iyamho, Etsako West Local Government Area said there can be no winner when the people are not allowed to vote.

“They plan not to bring out the voting materials on time and as we speak in Oredo Local government area, Benin City and Egor local government area, the heart of Benin City materials have not gotten to majority of the polling booths after 11 am and at the New Era college, upper mission road, they brought fake voters register different from the one the people registered,” he said.

“If accreditation is to stop by 12pm and by 11am, it is after 11am now, there are no materials in some polling booths, it then means Professor Atahiru Jega and INEC have no plans to conduct election. The whole idea is to frustrate the people so that they will not be able to vote, and they will declare a fake result.

“Professor Jega and INEC have been an embarrassment to the nation. I am in shock with all the arrangements they have made sensitizing the people, and I told them, INEC need to be sensitized. INEC is the weakest link in the Nigeria democratic chain. I have no faith in what INEC is doing in Benin City.

“This is designed for where majority of the people are denied the right to vote and this time around I have told them this country either decides on whether to move on or move back, I see sponsored editorials saying whatever happens we will go to court, but today we have to sort out the issues once and for all,” Mr Oshiomhole said.

The governor further said he would hold the INEC Chairman responsible for the failure of the election and for disenfranchising the people as INEC has connived with the Peoples Democratic Party to involve in scientific rigging.

“They planned it and executed it this way. It is a shame that they have programmed this to embarrass the Nigeria nation. If INEC do not allow the people to vote and they pronounce the winner there will be trouble.

“Fifty five percent of voters are in Edo South and forty percent in Benin City, and they think they can deprive the people the opportunity to vote.

“Professor Jega has failed because I wrote a petition that they are buying voters card. We will all go to court before God. They know that if it is two people remaining they will not vote for them”

PDP says Oshiomhole is scared of defect

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described Mr Oshiomhole’s condemnation of the governorship election in Edo, while the accreditation process was still on, as hasty.

The Director of Publicity of the PDP in Edo State, Okharedia Ihimekpen accused the governor of frantically attempting to destroy the integrity of the election.

Mr Ihimekpen said that the governor has seen the writing on the wall and is trying to raise the alarm in order to rationalize his eventual defeat at the poll.

The PDP is also said that the governor has suddenly realized that “the security and the electoral body are insisting on accreditation of voters whose names are in the voter registers in line with the one man, one vote mantra.”

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/14/video-i-am-disappointed-in-jega-oshiomhole/

2 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2012
Oshiomhole calm down

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Joel3(m): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2012
This was planned killing... Benin go scater if them bring fake result.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by cyril83(m): 4:41pm On Jul 14, 2012
Oshio calm down,the winner has not been announced!
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by slimming: 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2012
cyril83: Oshio calm down,the winner has not been announced!

He needs to calm truly
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2012
So he xpected 2 win dis billboard governor,"moderator hide my Comment again
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by kittykat1(f): 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2012
I suspect foul play. Oshiomole u too cry sef. I don't know whom to blv again.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by gambolala: 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2012
Oshiobaba shut up abeg.let the people decibe who dey want.ur talk talk too much abeg.rubbish

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by executinal(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2012
Lets see the outcome first.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Afam4eva(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2012
Osho baba is crying because he knows what PDP and it's sub-body INEC are capable of.

11 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by cold(m): 4:49pm On Jul 14, 2012
Are we surprised at the shenanigans of these hopeless bunch who would apply any tactic to scuttle the wish of the people? If Anenih & his cohorts eventually have their way,i sincerely hope Edolites are not going to 'leave this one to God'

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by donigspain(m): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2012
I've followed the election activities on NTA and I can say that Adams O. was too hasty in making such assertions. Anyways, it's a political strategy.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by lookmangiw(m): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2012
He should calm down why he is being robbed abi?
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Drfox(m): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2012
Papa Decieving Pikin(PDP) are at it again,

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Ovaiegbe(m): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2012
Joel.:
Joel.:
Make Benin no scatter o. If Benin scatter, no be Adams or General pikin go die for street o. My brothers wise up. Make person no instigate una go die for nothing o.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2012
Some times i just shiver at the thought that PDP will rule us forever!
No way out.... Dey always make d rigging moves.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by 2gbasky22(m): 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2012
Oshiomhole is ryt o
in my polling unit they started acreditation at 11:30
pdp ole....
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by meksroland: 4:53pm On Jul 14, 2012
Calm down jare. Others are campaigning and you're busy campaigning against Anineh. Is he your mate? I pray make PDP win sef cos that charles is more matured than you
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2012
How can INEC be dancing a macabre dance in such a shameful manner?

This is an election that has been announced for a long time. It's not an impromptu bye election and we have turned it entirely to a joke. How on earth can INEC explain late arrival of voting materials in Benin City when there is no vehicular movement and the materials would have arrived in Benin at least a day before election? How can you be facing such a mounting challenge in just one state?

I applaud Oshiomole for coming out to say the truth. The PDP has asphyxiated the judiciary. Any rigging will simply be validated by the courts. The Independent minded judges are being persecuted day in day out on flimsy spurious excuses.

Why can't we just conduct a free, fair and credible election in this country?

5 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2012
lookmangiw: He should calm down why he is being robbed abi?

How is he being robbed? The man is winning by 85% at last count!
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by kepsi123(m): 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2012
And i thought it was carry go for osho baba. if he loses it is definitely PDP wayo. 2015 PDP losing 80% of states.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by nikejoy: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2012
If this is true,then i wld say nigeria is in another trouble n d name jega wld neva be count out among those names that ruined nigeria.i remain my comment till d new update.shm
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by lookmangiw(m): 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
All i know is that whatever happens in this electiom will actually give us an insight on how the 2015 general election is going to be. Mr jega will come out to say that the election was pree and pair.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by greall1: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
P D P know how to manipulate election than any other party. Oshiomole let wait for out come of result.
Because I don't know how people still voting for P D P.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
gambolala: Oshiobaba shut up abeg.let the people decibe who dey want.ur talk talk too much abeg.rubbish
I dont see anything bad in expressing your concerns. He saw the manipulations going on and he spoke out.Isn't it obvious that Jega wil dance to the tune of his employer and benefactor. I wont be surprised if PDP is declared winner at the end of the election. The result of this election is not decided at polling centre rather behind close doors with millions exchangn hands,multiple printing of voters cards and other electoral manipulation. PEOPLE DESTRUCTIBLE PARTY!!!

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by collizo82: 4:57pm On Jul 14, 2012
Abeg all dis politrickcian make we hear word jareh...!!!
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by bakila: 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2012
Normal pdp and other moral bankrupt politician and electoral officials strategy. Starve unit made up of enlightened voters, flood the dumb voters with materials then rig where it is riggable.
That is how we held under the umblera which provides no shade.

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by lookmangiw(m): 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2012
ROSSIKE:

How is he being robbed? The man is winning by 85% at last count!
they started vote count now, SMH. When the ballot boxes are still at the polling unit. Check ur time.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by sonyjacobs(m): 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2012
If INEC declare false result,the dog and the baboon will be soak in blood. lol. anyway i still believe the comrade gov will win this election

1 Like

Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by aybaba73yahoocouk(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
Its only a witch n a wizard dat will not want oshomole to return as gov. Though he is not a saint but we trust him.we re happy wit wot he has done in edo state.we ve sufferd 4 too löng n we still want to enjoy n see some more measure of gud governance. Pdp is satanic,a principality,evil,rulers of darkness n spiritual wickedness in high places. pdp leaves us alone.
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
I clearly remember oga oshe telling us to accept d subsidy removal wit good fate....
Now he should enjoy his potential removability from d seat!
Re: I Am Disappointed In Jega – Oshiomhole by osolomio: 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2012
The end will justify the means.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Defeat Of President Buhari’s Idealism - Femi Aribisala / Army Relocates Special Forces Training School To Buni Yadi / "I Am In Difficult Situation Over Appointment" - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.