Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

When You See A Man In The Market: - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / When You See A Man In The Market: (14344 Views)

Packaged Garri Is Now Available In The Market[photo] / Ajino Moto: Unbelievably Still In The Market! / No 1 Fruit Juice In The Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2012
When you go tho the market and you see a young man of between 26-45 years of age pricing and buying tomatoes, meat, vegetables and other ingredients, what first comes to your mind? Do you wonder why he is the one in the market instead of a girlfriend or wife.

Please share your honest opinion.

Guys, how do you feel being the one pricing in the market? Do you feel embarrassed or indifferent?
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by TYtayo1: 5:52pm On Jul 14, 2012
What comes to my mind is that the man's wife is bedridden or he just a stingy man

4 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2012
TY tayo: What comes to my mind is that the man's wife is bedridden or he just a stingy man

You cant be serious can you?
Not even the thoughts that she probably traveled?
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Nabilah: 8:41pm On Jul 14, 2012
If i did'nt know better i would think all men who do that are stingy but i actually know a man that likes to go to the market once in a while and even do the cooking.

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 9:06pm On Jul 14, 2012
The fact is some even just want to give their partner a surprise treat and as such sneak in to buy all the ingredients like you have rightly pointed out while others don't just feel comfortable for a lady who isnt their wife to cook for them.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 16, 2012

3 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 9:40am On Jul 16, 2012
ftmom: In Naija?
I suspect he's a bachelor

I also guess almost 90% of them should be bachelors.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Wislet(f): 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
A man who:

1. No lady can take for granted (can't use food to deal with- assuming he could cook too).

2. Is caring (assuming the wife was indisposed).

3. Is dependable.

4. Is economical (assuming he was a bachelor). Not wasting his money on fast foods.

22 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 4:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
^^^ Nice one.

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Wislet(f): 6:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
acidtalk: ^^^ Nice one.
would like to speak with u.
Can i have ur email?

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by FOREXMART(m): 9:04am On Jul 21, 2012
Wislet: A man who:

1. No lady can take for granted (can't use food to deal with- assuming he could cook too).

3. Is dependable.

4. Is economical (assuming he was a bachelor). Not wasting his money on fast foods.

Wow, Girl am in love with you already for defending me lol. i was at the market last Tuesday and bought a bucket of egusi, ogbono, garri, rice, and crayfish. Bottles of groundnut and palm oil, pepper nd onions.

Cooking is my secret hobby and most times am shy telling my friends that but your post just describes me. why pay to eat at eatrries when i don't get satisfied.

I would like to keep in touch with you if you don't mind lol.

4 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by slimyem: 11:50am On Jul 21, 2012

3. Is dependable.

just my thoughts!
+100
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by tpia5: 1:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
What about a man who grinds his stew ingredients at the general mill.

I've seen that before.

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by cintia(f): 7:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
I just sees him as being stingy
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by tobechi74: 9:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
If d man is short,

then d wife sent him on an erand.....

7 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 11:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
FOREXMART:

Wow, Girl am in love with you already for defending me lol. i was at the market last Tuesday and bought a bucket of egusi, ogbono, garri, rice, and crayfish. Bottles of groundnut and palm oil, pepper nd onions.

Cooking is my secret hobby and most times am shy telling my friends that but your post just describes me. why pay to eat at eatrries when i don't get satisfied.

I would like to keep in touch with you if you don't mind lol.

Ashewo 10kobo.
You better find wife go front.
I want to give her to my uncle to marry.
Stay clear her back if not I will make you eat raw all your bucket of egusi and ogbono.

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Wislet(f): 1:27pm On Jul 22, 2012
LOL
why u dey harrass person wey get boldness talk to me naa.... Eh oga acidtalk? angry
U tink say na u wey dey throway ur face one side dey form one tin one tin? angry undecided

no be only uncle angry
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 4:28pm On Jul 22, 2012
Wislet: LOL
why u dey harrass person wey get boldness talk to me naa.... Eh oga acidtalk? angry
U tink say na u wey dey throway ur face one side dey form one tin one tin? angry undecided

no be only uncle angry

the guy is a perpetual Heartbreaker oh!
stay off him
i am trying to protect you.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Wislet(f): 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2012
acidtalk:

the guy is a perpetual Heartbreaker oh!
stay off him
i am trying to protect you.
hehehehe. I know naa tongue
And wat is UR own intention? undecided angry pretender. Mtcheeeew tongue grin
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2012
Wislet: hehehehe. I know naa tongue
And wat is UR own intention? undecided angry pretender. Mtcheeeew tongue grin

I dont want you to get heartbroken.
Lets just say i am a good Samaritan. the very few left on earth.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Wislet(f): 2:17pm On Jul 23, 2012
acidtalk:

I dont want you to get heartbroken.
Lets just say i am a good Samaritan. the very few left on earth.
LOL.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
Wislet: LOL.

Who dey follow you laught?
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by PrettyCindy(f): 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2012
Wislet is right in her assumptions but it doesn't apply to all men. My former neighbour, a family man with 2 children buys every single thing in the house. If they want to make soup, he buys all the ingredients and hands them over to his wife. If for any reason he gives his wife money to buy stuffs from the market, he must, i mean must collect the change from his wife. How do i know all these, whenever they quarrel, which they did alot, they always blabbed about it and the woman never fails to express her displeasure with the man always going to the market.

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 11:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
PrettyCindy: Wislet is right in her assumptions but it doesn't apply to all men. My former neighbour, a family man with 2 children buys every single thing in the house. If they want to make soup, he buys all the ingredients and hands them over to his wife. If for any reason he gives his wife money to buy stuffs from the market, he must, i mean must collect the change from his wife. How do i know all these, whenever they quarrel, which they did alot, they always blabbed about it and the woman never fails to express her displeasure with the man always going to the market.

*laugh make me go do stop and search for BRT buses*
that woman must have been playing the man maga.
maybe he used the money for soup to build duplex in her village and the man found out.

If i was the woman, i will never ever prepare such soup.
him that went to the market should be the one to cook the soup.

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by nativedoctor(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2012
My wife is a banker and I'm self employed. At times when I close early,I go to the market and buy foodstuff. I even call her from the market to confirm the quantity to buy. It removes the stress of doing the shopping from her busy schedule. I don't even see anything wrong in doing the cooking. After all she's my wife and the home is ours.

13 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by acidtalk: 11:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
nativedoctor: My wife is a banker and I'm self employed. At times when I close early,I go to the market and buy foodstuff. I even call her from the market to confirm the quantity to buy. It removes the stress of doing the shopping from her busy schedule. I don't even see anything wrong in doing the cooking. After all she's my wife and the home is ours.

Correct man.
But please don't let your family in the village know oh!
Before they summon your wife to turning their son to a cook.

5 Likes

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Wislet(f): 8:22am On Aug 04, 2012
acidtalk:

Who dey follow you laught?
you of course tongue
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
NOTHING.. i concentrate on what takes me to the market but not the market crowd
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2012
I think I prefer the man buying meat in the market.my dad is a classical example.he buys meat in large quantity wen coming back from work and meeehn! The thing dey plenty no be small.

1 Like

Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by AdeniyiA(m): 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2012

3. Is dependable.

chei! y come know me like this nah,abi u dey see me?
if no be 4 reproductn,i dey njoy ma bachelorhood o.IRMC
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Youngzedd(m): 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
Naija mentality.
Re: When You See A Man In The Market: by Nobody: 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
I think such a man needs to sit himself down and re-arrange his priorities in life. Very shameful...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Which Maggi Do You Prefer For Cooking? / SON Debunks Fake Amstel Malta Claims, As Police Search For Rumor-mongers / Bachelor's Breakfast.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.