Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,869 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Conversation With An Atheist - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Conversation With An Atheist (3736 Views)

Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric / An Atheist's Letter To Nigerian Muslims (El Rufai's Tweet Didnt Result In Riots) / An Atheist's Attempt to Classify Muslim Women! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conversation With An Atheist by Cheers01: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2012
mazaje:

Perfect!! His claim completely debunked. . .He keeps insisting that the Tamil palindrome is comparing apples to oranges when the arabic palindrome he provided when translated to english is like comparing apples to sand since it is not even a palindrome at all. . .Different languages with how they deduce things. . .

But I must admit, Tbaba was giving us a hard time with this issue. He was hiding behind Arabic but with some research, he got exposed.

If we cant use Tamil palindromes to compare with English palindromes because they are somewhat different, the same rule goes for Arabic and English palindromes.

Simple
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ Makes no sense

There is no direct equivalent translation in english or any other language...

They are synonyms for almost every word in english and they would be employed in different ways...

Makes a lot of since if you accept that languages differ. . .For languages like Tamil where palindrome are deducted using syllabus not letters, you can never have the kind of palindrome in arabic as such the quranic verse can never be be a palindrome in the Tamil language. . .There you have it, you whole premise is even a bogus one considering the fact that languages differ, I repeat even the palindrome you presented is not a palindrome when translated to english. . So what exactly is it are you talking about?. . .You brought a palindrome in arabic, I brough one that matches it perfectly in Tamil but you are just running all over the place making excuses forgetting that languages differ a lot grin
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2012
^ grin grin grin grin grin

Makes no sense

They are synonyms for almost every word in english and they would be employed in different ways... I can give you over 100 translation for one sentence in arabic,

It is an Arabic palidrome not a latin or english palindrome

I am asking for any palindrome in any language that matches in style and content.... (tamil fails the style test)

It is a very fair challenge.....

I knew you would fail, There is nothing like the Quran...

Keep trying to look for excuses...

Point proven cool cool cool cool
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
Cheers01:

But I must admit, Tbaba was giving us a hard time with this issue. He was hiding behind Arabic but with some research, he got exposed.

If we cant use Tamil palindromes to compare with English palindromes because they are somewhat different, the same rule goes for Arabic and English palindromes.

Simple

I admit I fell for his trap. . .Just realized the game he was playing later on. . As you said if we can't use Tamil palindrome to compare to english as he is suggesting because of difference in language and how they are structured, then we can't use arabic palindrome to compare to english. . .Case closed. . .Miracle of the quran debuked. . . grin
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2012
Just one ayah.... SubhanAllah!! What if i gave you guys something really challenging?

Allah is great....
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by Cheers01: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: Just one ayah.... SubhanAllah!! What if i gave you guys something really challenging?

Allah is great....

No....Arabic is just difficult.
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:07pm On Jul 18, 2012
To your claim above...

English,Arabic and most other palindromes are defined exactly the same way..... There is a room for comparison. vowels and consonants - comparable

The definition of a tamil is different, not vowel and consonants - not comparable
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by Cheers01: 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ grin grin grin grin grin

Makes no sense

They are synonyms for almost every word in english and they would be employed in different ways... I can give you over 100 translation for one sentence in arabic,

I am asking for any palindrome in any language that matches in style and content.... (tamil fails the style test)

The romanization of the Arabic palindromes render it useless. Spanish is already romanized and its palindromes can easily be compared to English palindromes.

Some advanced languages like Chinese do not even have proper palindromes (Even more advanced than Arabic)

Palindromes are not miracles.
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: ^ grin grin grin grin grin

Makes no sense

Now I can see that you are joking. Languages are all in different styles. . . .Arabic as a language is very different from tamil, their style of writing is very different. . .How can they have the same style when the style of writing is very different?. . .Does it make sense to you. . .You asked for a palindrome one was provided and you refuse to accept it based on style?. . This is the same thing as me telling you to bring a word that best describes a thing in any language that you know so that we will compare to my language, after you present it, I tell you that they are pronounced in different styles as such, I refuse to accept your word. .How wont the style be different when the languages are not the same?. . .You can see how bogus your logic is. . .There are so many things like the quran. . .You have failed to show one thing in the quran that can not be written by men. . .
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
If you give me a true tamil palindrome that spells with the vowels and the consonants and makes sense then we are in business... but there are very rare
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2012
excuses, excuses, excuses

Subhanallah

cool cool cool cool cool

Point proven....

Allahuakbar...

Calling to those who reject faith is like a herdsman calling to things that hear nothing but a shout and a cry: they are deaf, dumb, and blind, and they understand nothing... (Surah 2:171)
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: If you give me a true tamil palindrome that spells with the vowels and the consonants and makes sense then we are in business... but there are very rare

Lets not be going round in circles. Let me make my final point here, am tired of repeating my self. . .Palindromes in tamil are not deduced the same way in arabic. . .Just the same way that writing styles are not the same in arabic and english, in arabic words are written from right to left while in english they are written from left to right. . .That fact that the words are written differently does not mean that they are not words. . .Its the same thing as you telling me(an arabic man) to write the word for orange (in english) in my language and after i provided it you reject it because the writing styles are different. . .You begin to bring excuses like english writes from left to right as such the arabic word is invalid. . . .No palindrome can be brought in the same style because languages vary in styles. . .
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by vedaxcool(m): 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2012
This thread deserves front page, intellectual response to which even cheers confessed he was given a "hard time". atheist why the excuses, truly if I were in any of you shoes i will silently walk away! and save face, You were given a criteria to which you have failed to match yet you are behaving like the proverbial child who when he failed an exam claimed the standards were too high, yes the standards of the Qur'an is to high to be match, One common character most Nigerians display whether atheist, deist,christian or muslim etc. is the unique ability to lie in the face of clear truths!
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin......

I have another ayah in mind, any atheist up for the challenge....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: excuses, excuses, excuses

Subhanallah

cool cool cool cool cool

Point proven....

Allahuakbar...

Calling to those who reject faith is like a herdsman calling to things that hear nothing but a shout and a cry: they are deaf, dumb, and blind, and they understand nothing... (Surah 2:171)

You are not making any sense, yet you came insisting that people are rejecting your faith. . . .The same nonsense you are spewing here was writing in the bible hundreds of years before your quran was written about those that refuse to accept the christian faith. . .
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by vedaxcool(m): 3:41pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin......

I have another ayah in mind, any atheist up for the challenge....

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin hava thaba, dats a palindrome for mazaje better than a Toyota's is a Toyota grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
vedaxcool: This thread deserves front page, intellectual response to which even cheers confessed he was given a "hard time". atheist why the excuses, truly if I were in any of you shoes i will silently walk away! and save face, You were given a criteria to which you have failed to match yet you are behaving like the proverbial child who when he failed an exam claimed the standards were too high, yes the standards of the Qur'an is to high to be match, One common character most Nigerians display whether atheist, deist,christian or muslim etc. is the unique ability to lie in the face of clear truths!

The person that lied here is Tbaba123. . He lied clearly on this thread about the structure of the tamil palindrome until i called him out on it. . .His challenge is a bogus one. . .The palindrome he is talking about when translated to the english he threw around does not qualify so I really do not know what you are on about here. . .languages differ in style so his challenge is bogus. .
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by vedaxcool(m): 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2012
mazaje:

You are not making any sense, yet you came insisting that people are rejecting your faith. . . .The same nonsense you are spewing here was writing in the bible hundreds of years before your quran was written about those that refuse to accept the christian faith. . .

Lol! grin grin grin grin take up the challenge why all this invectives? try again, start singing First you don't succeed, . . . Try again, Try again
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mazaje, I am inviting you back to the truth, back to what you abandoned when you were 13 years old ..... I felt sad when i read your story to atheism. Maybe we could have been tag teaming an atheist here.... grin
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 3:45pm On Jul 18, 2012
vedaxcool:

Lol! grin grin grin grin take up the challenge why all this invectives? try again, start singing First you don't succeed, . . . Try again, Try again

I have taken up the challenge, I gave him a Tamil palindrome that matches what was written in the quran, but he refused to accpet because he says the style is different. . . grin grin. . .Languages styles are all different so what exactly is he on about?. . .
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2012
Style and content...
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2012
Give me a tamil palindrome that the vowels and consonants spell the same backward and forward... Just like arabic, English and thousands of the worlds languages....

if i give you a Quranic Syllabic palindrome, we can compare..... like for like...

stop giving excuses...
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: Mazaje, I am inviting you back to the truth, back to what you abandoned when you were 13 years old ..... I felt sad when i read your story to atheism. Maybe we could have been tag teaming an atheist here.... grin

Thanks but no thanks. .Every body believe his or her own religion to be the only "truth", even in islam some sects believe they own the truth above others. .Sunnis believe shias are wrong and vice versa. . .Its all a bubble, once you are indoctrinated in it, it becomes your only truth and reality. . .What you call the truth is ONLY relative to you and those that have been indoctrinated to accept it since childhood mostly. . .So keep you "truth". I don't need it. . .
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
ok....
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by tbaba1234: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2012
I guess it is time the thread closes....

Thanks to everyone who contributed, safe....
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by vedaxcool(m): 4:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
Mazaje keeps finding an excuse to avoid the truth!
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: Give me a tamil palindrome that the vowels and consonants spell the same backward and forward... Just like arabic, English and thousands of the worlds languages....

if i give you a Quranic Syllabic palindrome, we can compare..... like for like...

stop giving excuses...

Another bogus premise. . . .Because of the way the language is structured syllabus is what they use. . .You can not give me a palindrome in arabic based on syllabus because of the way the arabic alphabets are structured. . .palindrome in tamil are determined in a different way, but it doesn't mean they arent palindromes. . .

Νοσώ. Σύ ος ει ίαμα, Ιησού, σώσον - "I am ill. You are a healer, Jesus, save me". . .Here is another short prayer in greek that is a palindrome. . .

Did i hear you say nothing can match what is written in the quran?. . .
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2012
vedaxcool: Mazaje keeps finding an excuse to avoid the truth!

Which truth?. . . grin
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 4:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: I guess it is time the thread closes....

Thanks to everyone who contributed, safe....

wink. . . .Safe. . .
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by doublej1(m): 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
tbaba1234: Give me a tamil palindrome that the vowels and consonants spell the same backward and forward... Just like arabic, English and thousands of the worlds languages....

stop giving excuses...
since the tamil palindrome he got was searched, i advice he gives you a palindrome in arabic to ensure there is no excuses.
But durrub spelt backwardly was burrud, so is it a palindrome?
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by snubish: 4:47am On Jul 19, 2012
OMG, really blown away!!!
truly, the Quran is not a joke.
just one verse/example and people are going to Google in futility, and putting up silly excuses. someone even requested for a palindrome in multiple languages; how absurd. do you not know that translation of words is subjective even when meaning is retained.
what if they hear of the scientific miracles; in embryology, geology, and astronomy? what silliness will they come up with?
and all these from an illiterate Arab trader about 1500 years ago.
how perfect God is!!!
Re: Conversation With An Atheist by mazaje(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2012
snubish: OMG, really blown away!!!
truly, the Quran is not a joke.
just one verse/example and people are going to Google in futility, and putting up silly excuses. someone even requested for a palindrome in multiple languages; how absurd. do you not know that translation of words is subjective even when meaning is retained.
what if they hear of the scientific miracles; in embryology, geology, and astronomy? what silliness will they come up with?
and all these from an illiterate Arab trader about 1500 years ago.
how perfect God is!!!

He, tababa123, said that a palindrome should be provided in any language. . .There is nothing in the quran that was not known or written about by the ancient greek, hindus, jews. . .The ancient greeks for example wrote great thingsabout astronomy that were are just discovering now long before the quran was written. . .The writers of the quran were not illiterate and Mohammed was NOT an illiterate, the claim of Mohammed being an illiterate is just a smoke screen the founders of islam used to cover up for the fact that many of the stories in the bible are found in the quran. . .Mohammed being an illiterate is a muslim narrative meant to beguile others. . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Does Hijab Make Ppl Treat You Differently? / Why Do Muslim Ladies Wear Hijab? / He's A Muslim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.