Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,343 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Synthetic Oil Vs Mineral Based Oil? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Synthetic Oil Vs Mineral Based Oil? (1275 Views)

Choice Of Synthetic Oil. / Regular Oil Vs Synthetic Oil In Your Car / Where To Get Mobil 1 5w-20 Synthetic Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Synthetic Oil Vs Mineral Based Oil? by cinzo: 8:20am On Jul 16, 2012
Hi house, I want to know the best to use out of the 2 oils. Nissan manual says they will recommend mineral based oil in as much as it meets the API quality and SAE viscosity rating specified for the vehicle in question.

They made no mention of synthetic oil which leads me to ask if mineral based oil are superior?

Opinion please.
Re: Synthetic Oil Vs Mineral Based Oil? by Ikenna351(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
cinzo: Hi house, I want to know the best to use out of the 2 oils. Nissan manual says they will recommend mineral based oil in as much as it meets the API quality and SAE viscosity rating specified for the vehicle in question.

They made no mention of synthetic oil which leads me to ask if mineral based oil are superior?

Opinion please.

Synthetic should be superior, but there is nothing wrong with the mineral oil, as long as you regularly change the oil at the recommended mileage.

Ikenna.
Re: Synthetic Oil Vs Mineral Based Oil? by cretin: 8:25pm On Jul 18, 2012
smiley
Re: Synthetic Oil Vs Mineral Based Oil? by sasview: 8:07am On Jul 19, 2012
Synthetic is superior and expensive but mineral based oil is good provided it meet the prescribed specification.
Re: Synthetic Oil Vs Mineral Based Oil? by cretin: 11:26am On Jul 26, 2012
this link shud educate u on oils n cars

http://www.carbibles.com/engineoil_bible.html#

(1) (Reply)

Air Suspension Conversion / Recommended Tyre Brand / Re: The Mysterious GM Chevrolet Stalling Issues Solved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.