Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,086 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? (3370 Views)

Before You Judge That Man By His Religion Or Tribe...read This. / How Do You Know Your Religion Or Denomination Is The Right One / Christianity: A Religion Or A 'Way Of Life'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 9:43am On Jul 16, 2012
i have always wondered which is more confusing,the religion or its adherrents.the reasons for this arent far fetched
1. no religion in the world has as many denominations as christianity.
2. almost every sect has its own doctrine which it claims supercede the doctrine of others.
3. different sects have their own interpretation of different parts of the Bible.
4. different sects have different ways of "falling under the spirit".in some churches,its "blabbing in tongues",in some the "holy spirit speaks through a vessel"
5. some believe the old testament is expired while some dont
am sure others can add to the above list
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by ziggyzagg: 9:49am On Jul 16, 2012
1. Christianity is not a religion
2.the old testament is not expired
3.the holy spirit does not speak only through one vessel
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 9:51am On Jul 16, 2012
ziggy zagg: 1. Christianity is not a religion
this is your own version as gotten from your own doctrine.there are many other doctrines and you know that
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2012
ziggy zagg: 1. Christianity is not a religion

Shut up if you have nothing meaningful to say. Christianianity is a religion.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by truthislight: 11:19am On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:
this is your own version as gotten from your own doctrine.there are many other doctrines and you know that

I knew when u started casting espersion on the book of mattew and luke that u were trying to build a foundation to generally say that christianity is irrational but i believe a reply has been droped for you on this ur stumble accross issue that is now a foundation for all this.
Pls, go to the thread, "WHY EVEN BOTHER WITH THIS ATHEIST" truthislight made observations there.

I believe there are followers of Jesus that dont fall into what u say. Infact they are different.

On that thread, clearification and explanation have been shown for this ur stumble accross points that is now ur foundation,
was it a stumble accross or a carefully planed approach to derail people?
No peace
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 11:21am On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita: i have always wondered which is more confusing,the religion or its adherrents.the reasons for this arent far fetched
2. almost every sect has its own doctrine which it claims supercede the doctrine of others.
3. different sects have their own interpretation of different parts of the Bible.
4. different sects have different ways of "falling under the spirit".in some churches,its "blabbing in tongues",in some the "holy spirit speaks through a vessel"

6) God is ominpotent and can not die. Jesus died
7) Incest is bad. Abraham and Sarah were half brother and sister
cool Thou shalt not kill. Murder of the Amakelites and Job's family is okay.

Christians are confused
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Areaboy2(m): 11:42am On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita: i have always wondered which is more confusing,the religion or its adherrents.the reasons for this arent far fetched

funny thing is that the earliest Hebrew manuscripts dont have this in it. Suddenly we notice it in later texts in the mid 10th century.

the entire 12 last verses in the book of mark appeared from no where (made up)
Bunch of nonsense undecided
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 11:52am On Jul 16, 2012
Area_boy:

funny thing is that the earliest Hebrew manuscripts dont have this in it. Suddenly we notice it in later texts in the mid 10th century.

the entire 12 last verses in the book of mark appeared from no where (made up)
Bunch of nonsense undecided
some bible translatos notably the NIV has removed mark 16:9-20 from their versions because it has been confirmed to be an addition that wasnt in the original text.
its funny that the "blabbing in tongues" is actually supposed to be "speaking in other tongues".according to the bible,people actually understood what the disciples were saying and were amazed as to how they learnt those languages.but now,you wont hear anybody "speaking in tongues" in igbo or latin or even aramaic.all you'd hear is "lacsahs blo bla stah gate fjs yetk".some their own na "ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble" you go wait tire if you think he'd complete it to "blessing".women own,they would start falling and screaming and sweating.one amazing thing is that the pastor,assistant pastor,deacons and deaconesses,ushers and even cameramen never ever fall down.abi those ones are immune to "falling under the spirit"?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 11:53am On Jul 16, 2012
truthislight:

I knew when u started casting espersion on the book of matt and luke that u were trying to build a foundation to generally say that christianity is irrational but i believe a reply has been drop for you on this ur stumble accross issue that is now a foundation for all this.
Pls, go to the thread, "WHY EVEN BOTHER WITH THIS ATHEIST" truthislight made observations there.
clearification have been shown for this ur stumble accross points that is now ur foundation,
was it a stumble accross or a carefully planed approach to derail people?
No peace
like i said on the other thread,make your sentences comprehensible.i cant make head or tail of this
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:
.all you'd hear is "lacsahs blo bla stah gate fjs yetk".some their own na "ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble" you go wait tire if you think he'd complete it to "blessing".women own,they would start falling and screaming and sweating.one amazing thing is that the pastor,assistant pastor,deacons and deaconesses,ushers and even cameramen never ever fall down.abi those ones are immune to "falling under the spirit"?

Watching Christians constantly do the above things can be so hilarious considering this
|
|
V
Delafruita:
some bible translatos notably the NIV has removed mark 16:9-20 from their versions because it has been confirmed to be an addition that wasnt in the original text.

Another thing I don't understand about Christianity is how they decide which verses from the old testament to use and which ones to discard.
Also, the old testament is actually a collection of different books, the Psalms, part of the Torah etc and yet Christians follow laws from there.
Aren't they supposed to follow only the teachings of Jesus since they are Christians (followers of Christ)?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Areaboy2(m): 12:02pm On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:
its funny that the "blabbing in tongues" is actually supposed to be "speaking in other tongues".according to the bible,people actually understood what the disciples were saying and were amazed as to how they learnt those languages.but now,you wont hear anybody "speaking in tongues" in igbo or latin or even aramaic.all you'd hear is "lacsahs blo bla stah gate fjs yetk".some their own na "ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble ble" you go wait tire if you think he'd complete it to "blessing".women own,they would start falling and screaming and sweating.one amazing thing is that the pastor,assistant pastor,deacons and deaconesses,ushers and even cameramen never ever fall down.abi those ones are immune to "falling under the spirit"?

LOL. spot on!!! they seem to be stuffed with the spirit when the blab nonsense. Even after their "great" leader Benny Hinn was exposed as a scam they just turn a blind eye and move to the next "inspiring" bible toting chum undecided
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 12:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
fellis:

Watching Christians constantly do the above things can be so hilarious considering this
|
|
V

Another thing I don't understand about Christianity is how they decide which verses from the old testament to use and which ones to discard.
Also, the old testament is actually a collection of different books, the Psalms, part of the Torah etc and yet Christians follow laws from there.
Aren't they supposed to follow only the teachings of Jesus since they are Christians (followers of Christ)?
the problem is most christians dont understand christianity.they just follow what their pastors teach.when you look at the progression of christianity from catholicism to anglican to methodist etc,you notice that the doctrines started to change.frankly i dont know why anyone would be a member of the anglican church given its faulty foundation.
every church is built with the doctrine of the "GO" and most interprete the bible the way they like.some claim the old testament is no longer relevant but then they would quote psalms and still demand for tithes with quotes from malachi and genesis.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by truthislight: 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:
If this was ur line of argument all along i for one would have stood up for u, cus alot of damage has been done on the name of God.
But presenting issues that is not base on facts from critics did not paint u very well,
That is if it matters to u(seeing u as an honest person)
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by truthislight: 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2012
Delafruita:
If this was ur line of argument all along i for one would have stood up for u, cus alot of damage has been done on the name of God.
But presenting issues that is not base on facts from critics did not paint u very well,
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2012
truthislight:
your composition is better.well done
i dont try to be honest.i say things the way i see it and when its going to be my advantage to be dishonest,i wont hesistate but that isnt necessary on this forum
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2012
even from the tone of the title and the ignorant posts above i see that u are all blind or maybe blinded. i am going to say this in the nicest way- if you really feel we are confused, why open a thread on the subject? how confused is that?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 1:25pm On Jul 16, 2012
skillet: even from the tone of the title and the ignorant posts above i see that u are all blind or maybe blinded. i am going to say this in the nicest way- if you really feel we are confused, why open a thread on the subject? how confused is that?
skillet,is the how to use your skill?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by cyrexx: 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2012
skillet: i am going to say this in the nicest way- if you really feel we are confused, why open a thread on the subject? how confused is that?

Let me paraphrase it for from a non-christian view in the nicest way possible.
If christians really feel non-christians are lost and condemned to eternal hell fire, why open a thread on the subject, how lost is that.

They disturb us everywhere with their hell fire warnings, open various threads on nairaland to convert non-christians and they think its normal, but when non-christians return the favour in kind, they think its abnormal.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by tobechi20(m): 2:45pm On Jul 16, 2012
Is this op a confused person or a person wit confused ideas?
Reason

always bringing confusing issues

sits on the fence in such thread,

at times ure not sure if he is a xtian, atheist, ex xtian etc

u can add ur own to the list. Mean while, expect more from complicated thread from the confusionist
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 2:56pm On Jul 16, 2012
tobechi20: Is this op a confused person or a person wit confused ideas?
Reason

always bringing confusing issues

sits on the fence in such thread,

at times ure not sure if he is a xtian, atheist, ex xtian etc

u can add ur own to the list. Mean while, expect more from complicated thread from the confusionist
nice one
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by fizeul(m): 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2012
Erm.. Truth is.. There is nothing wrong with christianity.. but obviously, there is a lot wrong with people. Their translation of things is the cause of the confusion, not the religion itself. Most people who call themselves christians are themselves ignorant of the religion. Its nothing to make a fuss on. If you are observant enough, u'd realize the religion will set itself straight in due time.

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 3:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
fizeul: Erm.. Truth is.. There is nothing wrong with christianity.. but obviously, there is a lot wrong with people. Their translation of things is the cause of the confusion, not the religion itself. Most people who call themselves christians are themselves ignorant of the religion. Its nothing to make a fuss on. If you are observant enough, u'd realize the religion will set itself straight in due time.
in due time?its been around for almost 1700 years
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by fizeul(m): 3:29pm On Jul 16, 2012
Bro.. Relax.. Even our bones will have rotten when the religion wakes up and realize the mess, when people will realize christianity is a way of life, not what u do in church (that invalidates most of ur argument up there). All people do in church now is to dance and contribute money.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2012
fizeul, i agree wit ur post. u couldnt have said it better. but thats not ALL that goes on in a church. any church. so please rephrase... if u like, that is.

as for the D guy, have YOU been around for 1700yrs? in ur many years of adult life, have u been able to understand anything of import? like what makes up a photon? or how d brain works? or ugly u are yet u have a babe, nd draw breath? dont try to unnestan Christianity. believe by faith first. dats ur only hope.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 10:08pm On Jul 16, 2012
i hope u know dat the "ugly, u are" jibe is a joke?

as for u, mr cyrexx, have I engaged YOU in discussion b4 about religion? if there are other christians who called u confused, pls find them and tell them. moreova, returning stupidity with more stupidity is stupid. dont u think?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by cyrexx: 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2012
@ mr skillet
i'm just trying to let you know how christian evangelism is similar to atheistic evangelism, i dont think thats silly.
If you're offended with my analogy, apologies.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2012
Correct observations.
To that list I add:
Christianity lacks a central authority to order the liturgy.
Christianity lacks a doctrine itself. It is based solely on the word of Jesus, that word is interpreted by every pastor at their convenience.
Christianity does not have a management methodology. Anyone can claim to have been chosen by Jesus, and just with that, and can act as Pastor.
Every Christian sect, contradicts the principles of the other sects, but despite that, all refer to themselves as "Christians."
Anyone can start a new Christian sect, with the standards and interpretations that you want. No one can ban it. The only rule is to declare that it follows the word of Jesus (this is done or not).
Christianity, lacking its own doctrine, basa his speech at the ongoing attack on other religions, accusing them of "demonic." That makes religion of Christianity possibly more fanatical and aggressive there.
Also, the lack of doctrine and liturgy itself, Christianity has imitated various religious rites, rituals that suits your own needs, and have nothing original or even Christians.
(This, just mention something)
My respects.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by skillet(m): 11:22pm On Jul 16, 2012
@cyrexx, am sorry i misunderstood. buh u shouldnt have used my words.

i really dont think many Christians go out of their way to convert people with just threat of hell fire nd damination. that is absured. imagine someone walkin to a muslim nd telling him dat he will burn in a hell he doesnt believe in. it doesnt work dat way. believers are told to do good or burn in hell also.

i really dont wnt to preach buh u can ask any genuine questions.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by veltany: 11:54pm On Jul 16, 2012
A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART, THERE IS NO GOD. BUT GOD'S CREATURES AFFIRMS HIS.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND SITUATIONS LIKE THIS MUST HAPPEN TO CONFIRM THE WORD OF GOD.

FOR IN THOSE DAYS, (NOW) MANY DEMONINATION SHALL RISE UP AGAINST OTHER...(MATT: 24)

AND NOT ALL WHO SAYS TO ME "FATHER, FATHER" WILL SEE THE KINGDOM...

EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN-AGAIN, HE CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD..(JOHN:3:18)

AND TO ALL THAT BELIEVE, TO THEM HE GIVES THE POWER TO BE CHILDREN OF GOD...

NO WONDER THE WORD OF GOD SAID: "I KNOW MY PEOPLE, BUT MY PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW ME".
EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN-AGAIN, HE CAN

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 6:15am On Jul 17, 2012
veltany: A FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART, THERE IS NO GOD. BUT GOD'S CREATURES AFFIRMS HIS.

PEOPLE LIKE YOU AND SITUATIONS LIKE THIS MUST HAPPEN TO CONFIRM THE WORD OF GOD.

FOR IN THOSE DAYS, (NOW) MANY DEMONINATION SHALL RISE UP AGAINST OTHER...(MATT: 24)

AND NOT ALL WHO SAYS TO ME "FATHER, FATHER" WILL SEE THE KINGDOM...

EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN-AGAIN, HE CANNOT SEE THE KINGDOM OF GOD..(JOHN:3:18)

AND TO ALL THAT BELIEVE, TO THEM HE GIVES THE POWER TO BE CHILDREN OF GOD...

NO WONDER THE WORD OF GOD SAID: "I KNOW MY PEOPLE, BUT MY PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW ME".
EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN-AGAIN, HE CAN

Is this a good response to the op? Why are some christians very silly like sheep?
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by MacDaddy01: 6:16am On Jul 17, 2012
fizeul: Bro.. Relax.. Even our bones will have rotten when the religion wakes up and realize the mess, when people will realize christianity is a way of life, not what u do in church (that invalidates most of ur argument up there). All people do in church now is to dance and contribute money.

Christianity is a religion. I dont know who you and Skillet want to deceive.
Re: Is Christianity A Confused Religion Or A Religion Of Confused People? by Delafruita(m): 6:58am On Jul 17, 2012
skillet: i hope u know dat the "ugly, u are" jibe is a joke?

as for u, mr cyrexx, have I engaged YOU in discussion b4 about religion? if there are other christians who called u confused, pls find them and tell them. moreova, returning stupidity with more stupidity is stupid. dont u think?
of course i know it was a joke

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To PAGAN 9JA / Prophet Brian Carn "Puts Lay Members Back In Their Proper Place." / Who Said God Hasn't Got A Sense Of Humour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.