Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,897 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! (5643 Views)

If Jonathan And Buhari Stand In A Free And Fair Election TODAY Who Will Win? / INEC Fixes Dates For Edo And Ondo Governorship Elections / Breaking News!!! Bovi Gives GEJ N1million Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by PapaBrowne(m): 12:39am On Jul 17, 2012
By Ben Agande
Abuja — Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, yesterday, defended his condemnation of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, during last Saturday’s election in the state, saying he needed to raise alarm in order to thwart the efforts of those who were determined to rig the election.

Speaking with State House correspondents when he visited President Goodluck Jonathan, Gov. Oshiomhole commended the president for ensuring that the votes of the electorate counted, by deploying enough security personnel in the state to maintain law and order.

Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State addressing journalists at Iyamho Primary School.
According to Oshiomhole, “the President warned that there will be no rigging, no manipulation, no ballot snatching and orders were given to the army to ensure that none of those things happened and the army carried out the order.

“The Police IG was similarly instructed, he deployed his men probably much more than we probably needed and they delivered on the President’s orders. The SSS were fantastic because they were always at the collating centres where some of the manipulations could take place. I have been a victim and so you would understand why I am familiar with it. And the SSS did a fanastic job, two plus two was four not five, not 15 and that made a lot of difference. So we need to appreciate the President and encourage him to sustain this principle of truly reminding all of us who hold political office.”

On allegation against INEC

Speaking on his allegation against INEC, Oshiomhole who waxed philosophical pointed out that “ in my own part of the world the fact that you got home safely does not mean you should not investigate an accident scene. We had several meetings, I informed INEC in a petition about two months ago that my opponents in their strategic meeting sent out their men and they reported back that it would be impossible for them to win. But then, their leader insisted they must win and that this is his last time. They then agreed on a number of issues.

“One of them was that my support base in Benin City is very strong and incidentally, Edo South accounts for 55 per cent of the total registered voters. And so they agreed that they were going to work with some people in the INEC on election day to delay supply of materials.

“So, when you supply materials late, two things will happen: the number of persons who had queued up since 8 o’clock to wait for five hours will grumble if materials don’t come, the average person will say, well I have done my best, if the material has not come I have to go home.

“Don’t forget there are no eateries around the area and so people would have been compelled to fast. So the immediate implication of that is that you will find so many people would not able to vote.

“Number two, when you then push the elections into the dark hours in a country where you are not sure of power supply, when it is dark, it becomes easy for election manipulators to change numbers. So these I conveyed to Prof. Attahiru Jega and we raised it in the various stakeholders meeting that we had with him.

“I mean the reason Nigeria is not making progress is that we are afraid to tell the truth. It is not a big deal to be a governor but it is a big deal to tell the truth and to harass anyone who is responsible for dragging Nigeria backward.”

Promises to carry all along

Oshiomhole promised to carry every Edo indigene along not minding their political affiliation, adding: “But you see I made this point yesterday (Sunday), even when I was rigged out in 2009 I did try to work with everybody. If you remember, I appointed three commissioners from the PDP in my first term because I was anxious to make the point that, yes as a trade unionist my business was to voice and to speak through to power and even to harass power if I thought it was being misused. I have done that all my life. So not a few were curious as to how I will now manage.

“I was always conscious of that and to avoid continued protest and diversions inside I want to carry everybody along and I demonstrated that by asking them give me three PDP commissioners. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out and everybody has to go his way.

“I’m humbled by the fact that across the state, this is the first time in our history probably the only place this has happened, that a governor won election in every local government. This, for me, entails a huge responsibility when the people speak with one voice and say we prefer you, you have a duty to service that trust.”

“Like I told many of them, you did not vote for me the last time yet I built this beautiful school, I constructed this beautiful road, I built the beautiful health center then imagin when you vote for me, I can only do more. And you know I am conscious that people like you are interested in what is happening in a Edo State. I am not like other governors whose constituency is limited largely to the boundaries of their state.

I’m conscious of the fact that though I’m a governor in Edo State but the average Nigerian is keen to see what is Oshimhole is doing now, now that he is a governor. And that explains why I can’t afford to relax even when others do. And I’m so grateful to God that He has blessed everything that we have asked for” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/why-i-raised-alarm-on-election-day-oshiomhole/
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Nobody: 2:52am On Jul 17, 2012
Finally, straight from the horse's mouth.
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by floriana(m): 2:56am On Jul 17, 2012
Political speak
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by iykak47: 5:58am On Jul 17, 2012
Just 24 hours after the result of the election was announced, Oshiomole visited our presido to commend him but refused to mention Tinubu and ACN chairman names, his party ACN was not left out in his ''ignore galore'' tongue tongue grin grin

Osho baba GEJ just 'rub' your back, don't forget to tell your supporters to show appreciation to GEJ in 2015.
you know now, na turn by turn, u rub my back,i rub you back grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Lisa1: 6:01am On Jul 17, 2012
Sounds good
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by walton1(m): 6:43am On Jul 17, 2012
Now the opposition should learn from Adams and learn to call a spade, spade this is political maturity not some amateurs like elrufai the political dropout.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by donmexy1: 7:32am On Jul 17, 2012
A few days ago someone put up a thread giving credit 2 gej for the successful conduct of the elections and some peeps were running their mouths insulting gej.well now weve heard from the no 1 beneficiary of that election
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Johnny(m): 7:42am On Jul 17, 2012
Shameless thing!!If I were him,I would be so ashamed to go near the Villa considering the lies and nonsense(s) he was telling before the election.GEJ would have even locked him out sef.OLODO...
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by rasputinn(m): 7:58am On Jul 17, 2012
The president is the father of all and a firm believer in free and fair elections.
Some people like Oshiomhole are too slow to realise this unfortunately
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 17, 2012
iykak47: Just 24 hours after the result of the election was announced, Oshiomole visited our presido to commend him but refused to mention Tinubu and ACN chairman names, his party ACN was not left out in his ''ignore galore'' tongue tongue grin grin

Osho baba GEJ just 'rub' your back, don't forget to tell your supporters to show appreciation to GEJ in 2015.
you know now, na turn by turn, u rub my back,i rub you back grin grin grin
SouthSouth solidarity at work.
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by jmaine: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2012
Can we please invite the perpetual nay sayers and the [b]Elrufai fairly used BB curve 2 crew [/b]to insult and lash out verbally at Osho baba for admitting the stark truth

GEJ carry go . . . .Oshiomole has payed due homage to your sincerity in ensuring and enshrining free and fair election at all times . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 17, 2012
jmaine: Can we please invite the perpetual nay sayers and the Elrufai fairly used BB curve 2 crew to insult and lash out verbally at Osho baba for admitting the stark truth

GEJ carry go . . . .Oshiomole has payed due homage to your sincerity in ensuring and enshrining free and fair election at all times . . . .

Oselobua! grin grin
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by idirect(m): 3:44pm On Jul 17, 2012
Oshiomole: Praise da GEJ
Nairalanders: Halleriggers Halleriggers Hallelooters grin grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Vigilante: 3:45pm On Jul 17, 2012
jmaine: Can we please invite the perpetual nay sayers and the Elrufai fairly used BB curve 2 crew [/b]to insult and lash out verbally at Osho baba for admitting the stark truth

[b]wetin be your laptop number?

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by jmaine: 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
Vigilante:

wetin be your laptop number?

Chasis & Tear carton Windows "8" fortified laptop Number 000 cool. . .

Wetin be your fairly used BB curve 2 serial number and BB pin Where Elrufai sort una ? . .Vacancy still dey ?undecided

Abeg answer ASAP, cos i wan join una group so that i fit earn double salary. . . . . . I sabi multitask wella grin

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by duality(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
Adams oshol's triumph is all about his personality. not his party. he'll still be successful even if he's not in ACN.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Okijajuju1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
THis man should rest na!!
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by speeder(m): 4:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
Abeg go sit down Jor. U think say ur commendation fit wash away Jega receive
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by speeder(m): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2012
Abeg go sit down Jor. U think say ur commendation fit wash away wetin Jega receive
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by speeder(m): 4:10pm On Jul 17, 2012
Abeg go sit down Jor. U think say ur commendation fit wash away the insult Jega receive
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by slimming: 4:12pm On Jul 17, 2012
“ in my own part of the world the fact that you got home safely does not mean you should not investigate an accident scene.

sorry o
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by DICKtator: 4:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
Oshiomole should give me "credit" too nah!
I use Etisalat,Glo,2 eMpTyNs,Zain,Starcomms and visafone

grin grin grin
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by BigBenoski(m): 4:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
Johnny: Shameless thing!!If I were him,I would be so ashamed to go near the Villa considering the lies and nonsense(s) he was telling before the election.GEJ would have even locked him out sef.OLODO...
why has seun refused 2 put up an 'unlike' icon??

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Dpeacemaker101: 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2012
walton1: Now the opposition should learn from Adams and learn to call a spade, spade this is political maturity not some amateurs like elrufai the political dropout.
abii, Atleast the opposition has benefitted from the good leadership of GEJ, I guess the Elrufai and his evil colleagues should have a rethink..
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Bukkyade: 5:35pm On Jul 17, 2012
So what would have been the case, if Adams did not win. I guess the election would have been decleared rigged by him. Well, thanks to GEJ for being a good leader and leading by example. Bad belle people should now begin to reason well, and not shallow.
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Mallamabdul: 5:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
This short man can be a clown sometimes ooo. When the soldiers were deployed to his state, every one of them was screaming, now they are rejoicing and showing appreciations to GEJ after abusing him and Jega...... Thereby going back to their own vomit. God bless you Mr President for putting them to shame

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Funkymallam(m): 5:47pm On Jul 17, 2012
jmaine: Can we please invite the perpetual nay sayers and the [b]Elrufai fairly used BB curve 2 crew [/b]to insult and lash out verbally at Osho baba for admitting the stark truth

South African Used BB Curve2 u mean? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Funkymallam(m): 5:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
Funkymallam:

grin grin grin

I wonder wha2 the ACN internet warriors will say now. cheesy

Let me take cover first b4 the start their usual 40 man laptop squad blabble. Hahahaha

I think Osho got his lappy too angry
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Funkymallam(m): 5:52pm On Jul 17, 2012
jmaine:

Chasis & Tear carton Windows "8" fortified laptop Number 000 cool. . .

Wetin be your fairly used BB curve 2 serial number and BB pin Where Elrufai sort una ? . .Vacancy still dey ?undecided

Abeg answer ASAP, cos i wan join una group so that i fit earn double salary. . . . . . I sabi multitask wella grin

My main man cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by Funkymallam(m): 5:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
See how here is dried like sahara desert. Oh! I forgot, it is not a GEJ bashing thread.
After all bashing GEJ is the best selling biz now online ably led by the South African Used BB Curve2 Squad.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomole Gives GEJ Credit For Edo's Free & Fair Election! by jmaine: 5:56pm On Jul 17, 2012
Funkymallam:

South African Used BB Curve2 u mean? grin grin grin grin

Na Kenya used BB curve 2 grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

World Poorest President Donates All His Salary To Charity / Like Wike, Like Jonathan. SEE What Rivers Governor Was Caught Doing (SEE Photos) / Caption This PHOTO: The Moment Osinbajo Became Acting President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.