Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,360 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency (3840 Views)

House Of Representatives Passes Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) / Defence HQ Press Release on The Purported Shekau Video In Circulation / Understanding The PIB (Petroleum Industry Bill) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by mukina2: 10:00am On Jul 17, 2012
The Presidency on Monday said that the version of the Petroleum Industry Bill presently in circulation is fake insisting that the PIB which was approved by the Federal Executive Council recently was still undergoing finishing touches by relevant government agencies.

In a press statement issued by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, the presidency advised the public to ignore the current PIB document in circulation.

Mr Abati in the statement said that once the relevant agencies complete work on the document, it would be sent to the National Assembly on the seal of the President.

[b]“The Presidency has noted with concern and dismay that a document alleged to be the new Petroleum Industry Bill is now in circulation and has even been published on some websites.

“Before the country is assailed once again with talk about the promulgation of this very important national law being hindered yet again by the existence of multiple versions, the Presidency wishes to categorically disown the document currently being circulated and published as the new Petroleum Industry Bill.

“Following the consideration and approval of its contents by the Federal Executive Council at its meeting last week, the authentic new Petroleum Industry Bill is still being finalised by relevant government departments and readied to be forwarded to the National Assembly by President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Upon its delivery to the National Assembly under the official seal of the President, the authentic new Petroleum Industry Bill will be available to all interested parties.

“The general public and all stakeholders in Nigeria’s oil and gas industry are, therefore, advised to ignore the document currently in circulation as it is totally fake and lacking in authenticity.”[/b]

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/17/presidency-says-pib-in-circulation-is-fake/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 10:10am On Jul 17, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/979063/new-pib-resolves-controversy-over

so the 40 laptops have been spamming us with a fake document cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

the gej administration abeg where is the head and where is the behind? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mandelaguy:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/new-pib-resolves-controversy-over-fiscal-regime-gas-pricing/119099/.

The new petroleum industrial bill will definitely resolve the controversy over Fiscal regime and gas pricing. This will enhance equity participation in the oil and gas sector and tackle the issue of corruptin that has bedevilled that sector since the discovery of oil in this country.

Who actually says this GEJ administration lacks direction and focus?

Pupita: This is a welcome development. I wish GEJ the best in his courageous push for change. Christians on this forum,una no go church? I saw posts where I was labelled GEJ agent,I made the thread on intimidation because I believe am been hounded because I am part of the clique of ladies on this forum showing political awareness and interest.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 17, 2012
For me this is very Simple, let FG come on National TV and read the Original while those who have a copy already cross check with theirs, if a line does not rhyme, then it is fake. but why would somebody have a bill that has not been passed?
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by jmaine: 10:33am On Jul 17, 2012
CHESSBOARD: For me this is very Simple, let FG come on National TV and read the Original while those who have a copy already cross check with theirs, if a line does not rhyme, then it is fake.

How should sane folks define your hilarious suggestion . . . You mean they should appear on National telly to dictate out a document probably spanning hundreds of pages shocked . . .

Sir, your suggestion of a dictation on national telly is silly and embarrassing embarassed . . .

1 Like

Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 17, 2012
jmaine:

How should sane folks define your hilarious suggestion . . . You mean they should appear on National telly to dictate out a document probably spanning hundreds of pages shocked . . .

Sir, your suggestion of a dictation on national telly is silly and embarrassing embarassed . . .

Hilarious ?then laugh over it and move forward .That is an important Bill, will it take more time to read out than a National news, of course silly suggestions for silly events, silly people like you, silly government and silly bill , Now tell me what is fake about a bill that has not been passed
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2012
https://www.nairaland.com/987711/petroleum-industry-bill-fec-approves

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) has approved the Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) for onward transmission to the National Assembly.

Briefing State House correspondents at the end of its weekly council meeting, the minister of petroleum resources, Mrs. Deziani Allison-Madueke said the new PIB which will ensure the independence of the regulators in the oil and gas sector as well as unbundle the NNPC, will yield high return on investments for Nigerians.

“The new PIB is going to make the oil industry more competitive and accountable. It proposes revolutionary changes in the industry,” said the minister

She said that the fiscal frameworks which delayed the bill in the past have been reworked and that when passed by the National Assembly, the country will remain an interesting investment destination for oil and gas investors.

The Presidency on Monday said that the version of the Petroleum Industry Bill presently in circulation is fake insisting that the PIB which was approved by the Federal Executive Council recently was still undergoing finishing touches by relevant government agencies.

In a press statement issued by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, the presidency advised the public to ignore the current PIB document in circulation.

Mr Abati in the statement said that once the relevant agencies complete work on the document, it would be sent to the National Assembly on the seal of the President.

all of a sudden, the document requires finishing touches from relevant govt agencies

lets see, its gets to the fec, its gets to the president, then agencies put finishing touches after approval

the way it works in sane climates, all concerned parties finish the document before forwarding to the prez, and amend it if the prez has issues with the document

i smell the GEJ BS here. . .
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by jmaine: 10:57am On Jul 17, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Hilarious ?then laugh over it and move forward .That is an important Bill, will it take more time to read out than a National news, of course silly suggestions for silly events, silly people like you, silly government and silly bill , Now tell me what is fake about a bill that has not been passed

Another silly response in defence of a silly suggestion . . .

dude, fake is fake whether passed or not . . .Fake simply means the original bill that was prepared has not being released for public consumption and scrutiny.

Your thinking mechanisms is adsurd embarassed . . .You need to stop embarassing yourself further . .
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by jmaine: 11:00am On Jul 17, 2012
oyb:
https://www.nairaland.com/987711/petroleum-industry-bill-fec-approves

all of a sudden, the document requires finishing touches from relevant govt agencies

lets see, its gets to the fec, its gets to the president, then agencies put finishing touches after approval

the way it works in sane climates, all concerned parties finish the document before forwarding to the prez, and amend it if the prez has issues with the document

i smell the GEJ BS here. . .

People often perceive their own stench way before others do lipsrsealed

Look inwards to ensure it's not emanating from you grin
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 17, 2012
jmaine:

People often perceive their own stench way before others do lipsrsealed

Look inwards to ensure it's not emanating from you grin

naa its the breath of jmaine and the legion of gej promoters
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by jmaine: 11:27am On Jul 17, 2012
oyb:

Lol . . . grin
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by uzomagic(m): 11:28am On Jul 17, 2012
It is ridiculous the length people will go to sabotage government's efforts. These false reports almost always spread thru phoney online tabloids like Sahara reporters and premium news. The pathetic part is that some clowns still make reference to such trashy gutter journalists in their posts on Nairaland. embarassed
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by uzomagic(m): 11:31am On Jul 17, 2012
oyb:

It's the rot of your seared and serrated conscience, and your dead brain which is impervious to reason.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
If you ask 90% of the people making statements on N'Land about one clause in the PIB, they dont know, yet they are making noise.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by kaiter: 1:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
the way it works in sane climates, all concerned parties finish the document before forwarding to the prez, and amend it if the prez has issues with the document[img]http://www.demama.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by blacksta(m): 1:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
Oga Beaf - which copy be your own - na wa -
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by chucky234(m): 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2012
"Finishing touches" got me laughing loud rolling on the floor,deluded government.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
jmaine:

Another silly response in defence of a silly suggestion . . .

dude, fake is fake whether passed or not . . .Fake simply means the original bill that was prepared has not being released for public consumption and scrutiny.

Your thinking mechanisms is adsurd embarassed . . .You need to stop embarassing yourself further . .

Shuut up , do you know whom you are talking to, I am just making fun of the staement, becos it does not make sense, I dont know how old you are but think. Fake Bill and what is a bill: a draft of a proposed law presented to a parliament( not individuals) for discussion ( in this case by who), by the FG, not fake individuals like you with so call fake PIB bll, so why would d Fg panic about it. game menh play.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 17, 2012
chucky234: "Finishing touches" got me laughing loud rolling on the floor,deluded government.

Just as insane as this Jmaine of a guy who is deluded.
If Niger deltans do not get it right now we have ppl in charge, then we are finished, i dont like slow and back-stabbing moves by individuals to deprive their ppl their rights
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by jmaine: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

[size=18pt]Shuut up , do you know whom you are talking to[/size], I am just making fun of the staement, becos it does not make sense, I dont know how old you are but think. Fake Bill and what is a bill: a draft of a proposed law presented to a parliament( not individuals) for discussion ( in this case by who), by the FG, not fake individuals like you with so call fake PIB bll, so why would d Fg panic about it. game menh play.

Who is this toad ? . . .No one gives a shyte about a toad like you . . .Only an insane dude will prescribe the presidency to dictate the bill on National telly for forensic identification of the fake copies embarassed . . .

CHESSBOARD:

For me this is very Simple, let FG come on National TV and read the Original while those who have a copy already cross check with theirs, if a line does not rhyme, then it is fake.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
jmaine:

Who is this toad ? . . .No one gives a shyte about a toad like you . . .Only an insane dude will prescribe the presidency to dictate the bill on National telly for forensic identification of the fake copies embarassed . . .

Yes since u eediots has decided to fool the whole Nigerians, you 1mbec1!les should read the real one on National TV. Get it into ur dead skull there is nothing like fake Bill, a bill is a Bill and only becom a law when the NA pass it. I am a ND like GEJ but the way he is treating this bill that will change the life of his ppl is devilish just like u slowpoke is talking here. anyway what has sapele Ogogoro drinker like u have to offer undecided
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by ypzilanti: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
Was it not last week I just applauded when someone did a post that the bill would be sent to NASS this week?

Government of 'will' 'will' 'will' 'will'.

Send it there already...WTF!
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by jmaine: 2:49pm On Jul 17, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Yes since u eediots has decided to fool the whole Nigerians, you 1mbec1!les should read the real one on National TV. Get it into ur dead skull there is nothing like fake Bill, a bill is a Bill and only becom a law when the NA pass it. I am a ND like GEJ but the way he is treating this bill that will change the life of his ppl is devilish just like u slowpoke is talking here. anyway what has sapele Ogogoro drinker like u have to offer undecided

. . . . You are simply foolish . . .What do we call it then,When the PIB copy in circulation is different from the one the presidency and the Senate is yet to release to the public ? . .

[size=14pt]P:S --> Who gives a shyte about your Niger Delta Status. It's not an excuse to exhibit unrivaled stvpidity[/size]
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by ypzilanti: 2:56pm On Jul 17, 2012
...and that dedeike abi na ded!ck guy...that surrogate for beaf was listing PIB as Jonathan achievement.

Sign am OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I dont bloody care...just sign it already.

Please achieve this...this one thing I have asked you for, Jonathan.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by jmaine: 3:02pm On Jul 17, 2012
ypzilanti: [size=18pt]Please achieve this...this one thing I have asked you for, Jonathan[/size].

Meaning GEJ will have a Nike emblem from you if this bill is signed into law . . .Yes/NO . . .@Just making sure
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by ypzilanti: 3:09pm On Jul 17, 2012
jmaine:

Meaning GEJ will have a Nike emblem from you if this bill is signed into law . . .Yes/NO . . .@Just making sure

It would be a major achievement. A shout out would be in order for that. Not a watered down version, oh! The real deal.

If pikin dey get last last for school every term. If he scores 90% in one topic will you not praise him? What do you do after that? Psych him up to face the other subjects right?

I have said in a previous post that I support GEJ like I support atheletes in the Special Olympics.

'C'mon Mr. President! You can do it!'
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by ypzilanti: 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
What I expect from Jonathan is the same sspeed he used to send the MAULAG bill to national assembly.

Is it too much to ask?
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by ypzilanti: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
If na to call Dickson to ask for Perm Secretary position now...
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by jmaine: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2012
ypzilanti:

It would be a major achievement. A shout out would be in order for that. Not a watered down version, oh! The real deal.

If pikin dey get last last for school every term. If he scores 90% in one topic will you not praise him? What do you do after that? Psych him up to face the other subjects right?

I have said in a previous post that I support GEJ like I support atheletes in the Special Olympics.

'C'mon Mr. President! You can do it!'

Nice Dance steps grin. You only ended up not justifying your bold demand by dancing around it . .next time, kindly not allow excitation to counter foes blur your appraisal meter wink . . .

That singular sentence and declaration shall be used against you in the critical courts of nairaland grin
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by ypzilanti: 3:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
Jokers..Im off to the funny section. This news is depressing.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Dpeacemaker101: 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2012
CHESSBOARD: For me this is very Simple, let FG come on National TV and read the Original while those who have a copy already cross check with theirs, if a line does not rhyme, then it is fake. but why would somebody have a bill that has not been passed?
what part f the statement don't you understan. It says that the bill is still under going finishing touches. So you should wait.
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
Dpeacemaker101: what part f the statement don't you understan. It says that the bill is still under going finishing touches. So you should wait.

After finishing touches what next...You forgot the old bill( two diff copies) stayed in the NA for more than two years after their own finished touches and yet it was not passed, we would have been talking about amendments now undecidedembarassed
Re: Petroleum Industry Bill In Circulation Is Fake - Presidency by Mandelaguy(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2012
oyb: https://www.nairaland.com/979063/new-pib-resolves-controversy-over

so the 40 laptops have been spamming us with a fake document cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

the gej administration abeg where is the head and where is the behind? cheesy cheesy cheesy

You quoted me,did I give you any version of the bill? Is it not you OYB,kobojunkie,GBAWE and co tha went about showing us a bill you have never seen? Shebi you de accuse me say I be laptop man? What makes you so sure I am not one of the few privileged Nigerians who has seen the PIB and the positive impact it will have in this country and the economy? F.o.o.ls!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Could This Be Real (photo) / BREAKING NEWS :- Another Helicopter Crash In Yola Today Friday 21/11/2014 / APC Ward Leader Murdered In Rivers..pdp Trolls What Do You Say? (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.