Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,585 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! (15267 Views)

Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - Season 2 - You Are Cordially Invited! / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - FINALS / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 21, 2012
Sagamite:

I will not only bring valid and constructive points, I will state the truth and facts. grin

woah, that would be a major upgrade!!!!!
i have tried to make you state that on the other thread, and so far, after 3 days of smoke screen speculations and assumptions, NO LUCK!!!!

i guess David (MBJ) got his way with Goliath (Sagamite) once again. lol
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Sagamite(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
MRbrownJAY:

woah, that would be a major upgrade!!!!!
i have tried to make you state that on the other thread, and so far, after 3 days of smoke screen speculations and assumptions, NO LUCK!!!!

i guess David (MBJ) got his way with Goliath (Sagamite) once again. lol

No, you need to learn from me the truth and facts and how to make smart assumptions when you have no assess to facts.

Stop dodging the question:

Tell me, from your understanding and intelligence, what has more influence on an individual: Their nurturing or their marriage.

When you finish answering that, tell me, which do you (from your capability of making assumptions) think will have more influence: The mentorship of parents over about 25 years from birth or an 11 year marriage of a man from his 30s.

I wait.

According to your assumption techniques, a wife does more than parents in shaping a men. grin

According to you, when Saudi courts say a father is better raising a 2 year child more than the mother, you claim it is facts and the truth. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 21, 2012
Sagamite: No, you need to learn from me the truth and facts and how to make smart assumptions when you have no assess to facts.

there is a big difference between speculating on a subject AND making these same speculations as FACTS to judge a certain case.
your assumptions will always remain a "possibility" of what may/could have happened.....these are definitely NOT facts.

Stop dodging the question:
Tell me, from your understanding and intelligence, what has more influence on an individual: Their nurturing or their marriage.

i have already replied this question many times, but see the below answer.

When you finish answering that, tell me, which do you (from your capability of making assumptions) think will have more influence: The mentorship of parents over about 25 years from birth or an 11 year marriage of a man from his 30s.

i have already answered this question many times but see the below answer

According to your assumption techniques, a wife does more than parents in shaping a men. grin

again, it all depends on A) what kind of parents you got and B) what kind of wife you got. lol! how do you expect me to sit here and make assumptions/speculations on such subject? sorry i dont have a crystal ball, like you do, and therefore will judge and assess any individual solely on FACTS instead.

According to you, when Saudi courts say a father is better raising a 2 year child more than the mother, you claim it is facts and the truth. grin

who am i (with my western mind) to question the sharia laws in a muslim country?! if these are the local laws, then that is the FACT and TRUTH...whether you may like it or not. if anyone has a problem with any laws, anywhere, there are proper channels to challenge these laws.....but NL isnt one of them!

SORRY FOR THE DERAILMENT and Saga, dwell on these facts until later.
y'all have a great weekend!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2012
Not really prepared for the debate but I'll get with the flow as we progress.. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
let's get ready to rumble..

I'll take on anyone, I know a bit about Nigerian politics, and I think that should be enough to pull some strings..

Guys, don't let the Briton whoop ya arses.. grin
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by freecocoa(f): 5:27pm On Jul 21, 2012
The show never start?

I'm so excited.cheesy
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Roland17(m): 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2012
subscribed
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
Once the I get past the first round (which I should with the essay I composed 15mins ago) - it's going to be a one-way traffic to the finals... grin

Anything can happen after that to the most hated on NL..

Yours sincerely,

Shymmex.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by freecocoa(f): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2012
^What are you even saying?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by ayox2003: 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
Cuddlemii: Venue-
Literature/Writing Section, Nairaland
https://www.nairaland.com/995999/nairalands-literary-debating-day#11508901(Link to the actual debate session. It would be up and running at 5:30pm)
"Don't miss the clash of the titans!"

There you go!

Frawzey.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by jessybarbie(f): 5:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
Cant wait for 6pm
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by cheddarking(m): 5:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
Is Shymmex for or against?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
Judge Jarus reporting for duty with his pen and pad.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
cheddarking: Is Shymmex for or against?

I'm for the argument that godfatherism is the main cause of corruption and developmental crises.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2012
PLEASE THE AUDIENCE SHOULD OBEY INSTRUCTIONS.
DO NOT COMMENT ON THE OTHER THREAD TILL YOU ARE ASKED TO OR ELSE IT WILL BE HIDDEN.
DAYOKANU, PLEASE TAKE NOTE!
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by cheddarking(m): 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2012
shymmex:

I'm for the argument that godfatherism is the main cause of corruption and developmental crises.
I'm also arguing in support of said argument...

What I still don't understand is;

If our team wins, are we then gonna be judged head to head?

In other words, is it a team win or an individual fight-to-the-death style win?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2012
Cuddlemii: PLEASE THE AUDIENCE SHOULD OBEY INSTRUCTIONS.
DO NOT COMMENT ON THE OTHER THREAD TILL YOU ARE ASKED TO OR ELSE IT WILL BE HIDDEN.
DAYOKANU, PLEASE TAKE NOTE!

The other thread has been deleted..

Can you please create a new link?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by freecocoa(f): 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
@Cuddles,Wait o,will we be quiet all through?thought there will be a thread for us to comment on.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
cheddarking:
I'm also arguing in support of said argument...

What I still don't understand is;

If our team wins, are we then gonna be judged head to head?

In other words, is it a team win or an individual fight-to-the-death style win?

That's where the confusion is..
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 5:57pm On Jul 21, 2012
freecocoa: @Cuddles,Wait o,will we be quiet all through?thought there will be a thread for us to comment on.

No. I was working on the thread. You would be informed when to comment or not
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by OAM4J: 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2012

THE DEBATE

Its happening here live: https://www.nairaland.com/995999/nairalands-literary-debating-day

Let's go there!

Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cleverley(m): 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
Special guest of honour is here, let the debate rolls.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by freecocoa(f): 6:05pm On Jul 21, 2012
Cuddlemii:

No. I was working on the thread. You would be informed when to comment or not
Alrighty then,let's went there wink.
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by nitrogen(m): 6:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
What the hell is happening?
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by OAM4J: 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
Re: Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! by Cuddlemii: 2:41pm On Oct 04, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

5 Reasons Love Scenes Are Important In Storytelling / How To Pass A Failed Test- A Short Comedy Story / Dirty Diamonds Of Boko Haram Part 2....by Eze Eke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.