Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt (24313 Views)

Gej-boko Haram Scam, Where Are These New Attacks Coming From So Soon??? / The Time For Gej's Boko Haram Amnesty Program Is Upon Us / Omg! - N90m Marriage & Funeral Budget For Govt Staff. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by not2long(m): 8:04pm On Jul 17, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan today admitted, for the first time, that his government ground to a halt before it could take the first step, and he blamed Boko Haram for it.

Mr. Jonathan made the confession at the 60th National Executive Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party.

"During [the electoral] campaign, our emphasis was more on job creation, power but now what worries us most is security,” he said. "This is because you must be alive before you will eat food”

He described security as “very, very fundamental,” saying, “If you are not safe, you can't even think of hunger because a dead person does not need food.”

The President told senior party members that although he had promised to focus on job creation and power, he had been forced to change government policy to focus on security due to the activities of the violent militant sect.

In convoluted remarks, he said, "If you look at this issue of Boko Haram, for the past three weeks, except the incident in Plateau State, which of course is unfortunate but has nothing to do with Boko Haram, we will continue to work with Governor Jonah Jang and other leaders from the state to make sure that we resolve the crisis in Plateau State. That has nothing to do with Boko Haram.

"But outside that, we would see that there are some trends, there is some hope and God willing, the issue of Boko Haram will also come down."

Mr. Jonathan did not comment on his promise in April to vanquish the militants by June, a promise which he did not fulfill. He did not apologize for that, either.

“Did Boko Haram also persuade him not to give a damn about corruption, for which both his government and his party are the most famous?” a political analyst asked in Abuja today. “If he says Boko Haram brought him to a standstill, did they also tell him he should not provide personal example, such as declaring his assets or telling his wife it is a shame to live in Abuja and claim a job in Abuja she cannot possibly honour?”

A newspaper columnist, commenting on Mr. Jonathan’s confession, reminded SaharaReporters that it was only recently at the “Media Chat” that Jonathan told Nigerians they will start enjoying his success in 2013.

“The cows are coming home to roost now,” he said. “Boko Haram did not stop him from buying himself executive jets or budgeting nearly N1billion for feeding himself or repeatedly traveling with hundreds of hangers-on to foreign capitals to collect huge estacode payments. He is now telling Nigerians the militants are the ones stopping him from fulfilling his electoral promises!”

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-disorganised-me-–-jonathan

4 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 17, 2012
He's being honest, but cynical Nigerians won't understand.

14 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 17, 2012
He has never ever been organized. Even when he took over from Yar'adua, he was still disorganized.

lets move on please. nothing new here.

8 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by dayokanu(m): 8:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
Retardeen disorganised?

na him be say deadi body get accident

4 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by SisiKill1: 8:46pm On Jul 17, 2012
now what worries us most is security,” he said. "This is because you must be alive before you will eat food”

Noooooo! You don't say!!! shocked shocked

He described security as “very, very fundamental,” saying, “If you are not safe, you can't even think of hunger because a dead person does not need food.”

Whaaa. . .dead people don't need food?? Noo?!! Really? Like for real??!! Mr. President, you are not pulling our legs are ya? Oh of course you aren't. . .it is you naa and you don't joke around. Sorry about that. embarassed

God willing, the issue of Boko Haram will also come down."

Of course! Of course since you bring God into it. . .it shall be well!!

Wow!!! I don't know about the rest of guys but I am very comforted by this report. . .by the words of Mr. President. Nothing says "I got a handle on this" than stating the obvious!!

Thank GEJ! Once again you prove to your Critics that you GET IT. . . sure, sure it is so late in the game, other people have forgotten there was ever a game but you still get it!!!

4 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by SisiKill1: 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2012
dayokanu: Retardeen disorganised?

na him be say deadi body get accident

LMFAO cheesy cheesy

*Clears throat*

Hey, Hey. . . mind what you say about the President.

He is. . .THE PRESIDENT!!!! cool

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 17, 2012
@OP...Bawo ni? o to ojo meta. as per the post, no coment
Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Freiburger(m): 9:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
excuses plus excuses = out of power. A real commander-in-chief should be ready for whatever and whenever.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Jabioro: 9:22pm On Jul 17, 2012
Organise ursef mr presido to disorganise d boko haram,u have no excused b4 me,u r guilty period.dead body get accident yepa,double wahala 4 9ja....
Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nickydrake(m): 9:24pm On Jul 17, 2012
“The cows are coming home
to roost now,” he said.

SERIOUSLY? undecided

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Another day in Nigeria Nigger-area.. sad
Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by violent(m): 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
"During [the electoral] campaign, our emphasis was more on job creation, power but now what worries us most is security,” he said. "This is because you must be alive before you will eat food”

Wow!...I didn't even know this.

This ought to go down in history as one of the greatest quotations ever made!...I'm yet to hear of anything witty and mind throbbing!...dead people don't need to be fed?...who would have known?

6 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 17, 2012
Does that mean the 2012 budget will not be implemented ? Corruption is not disorganizing you but boko haram is . As's'hole.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by belovedaja(m): 9:29pm On Jul 17, 2012
I dey laff in ijaw
AYIBA oo
Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2012
ondo_boi: @OP...Bawo ni? o to ojo meta. as per the post, no coment
Must you guys always show yourself? This is a world wide web (www) for crying out loud and not yoruba wide web (yww). Must you guys always talk in your native language? How do thousands of viewers understand what you just typed above? Nawa o.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jul 17, 2012
What a pathetic wimp!

1 Like

He pr
violent:

Wow!...I didn't even know this.

This ought to go down in history as one of the greatest quotations ever made!...I'm yet to hear of anything witty and mind throbbing!...dead people don't need to be fed?...who would have known?
He probably got that suggestion from Dame Patience during breakfast before he made that statement. grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Biggyd2: 9:31pm On Jul 17, 2012
Now it is time to play the blame game, right? So, for as long as BH remains a thorn in your government's flesh, "your plans for government will remain disorganized"? Seriously, are you kidding me?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Badmusbahcube(m): 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2012
Iz mr president giving us xcuse nw or wat even though he sits,dine,eat,drink wif d so called pple disorganizing his governent
Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by idirect(m): 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
Then do the honourable thing,resign undecided

8 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by StellaBella(f): 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
Blame it on the goose
Got you feeling loose
Blame it on patron
Got you in the zone
Blame it on the a a a a alcohol
Blame it on the b bbb boko haram

13 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2012
my GEJ remains President and C-in-C, and will remain C-in-C till 2019. Who ever doesn't like it, Can commit suicide now !!!!

2 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by idirect(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Does that mean the 2012 budget will not be implemented ? Corruption is not disorganizing you but boko haram is . As's'hole.
Our country has been fed to the dog and baboon

1 Like

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by searay(m): 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
When BH turn to face NL, then will all these stupid commentators in NL here(not you) will learn to respect their leaders and know what to comment at a critical time like this.
Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by brightmon: 9:37pm On Jul 17, 2012
because of 2015, u can fool others but me. Period.
You simply not fit to be ther.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by lacasa: 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
BokoHaram is more organised than GEJ's Federal Government grin

With close ϯo 1Trillion earmarked for security, tђere should be no excuses.

Foolish Fisherman angry

8 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Badmusbahcube(m): 9:39pm On Jul 17, 2012
For goodness sake he'z nt even chatting wif u nd i dnt fink writing in he'z lang iz any of ur concern sowie bt i dnt fink u shud really care abt dat k?
Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by searay(m): 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
Nairaland i said ST*PID not silly. Stop screening my words
Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by lacasa: 9:40pm On Jul 17, 2012
Billyonaire: my GEJ remains President and C-in-C, and will remain C-in-C till 2019. Who ever doesn't like it, Can commit suicide now !!!!

U go ooooold grin

2 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
Now he is blaming his slow pokishness on boko haram! Even if boko haram never existed,this guy would still remain a retardo!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Dainfamous: 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2012
thats is what they wanted,they want to make his government ungoverned and they are winning in some ways because terrorism halt economy and slow govt activities down plus no investors will want to invest in a country with no security all because his from "minority tribe" GOD will protect him and give him wisdom to handle this ugly trend......

3 Likes

Re: GEJ - Boko Haram Disorganised My Plans For Govt by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 17, 2012
not2long:
“If you are not safe,
you can't even think of hunger
because a dead person does
not need food.”
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-disorganised-me-–-jonathan
Seriously Jona? I thought before that dead people ate food? Lol. This our president talks dumb atimes. Hahahahaha. Nairalanders, who doesnt know that dead people dont eat food? Cmon. This is too unproffessional! Like he had to remind us. Lol. By the way, why is this man's priority always food, food, food? He talks about it like he is the one that feeds Nigerians. Was that even why he allocated 1 billion to feeding in Aso rock? ROTFLMAO.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

2018 Budget : The Proposed Versus The Approved- Pictures / Buhari Signed 'Wrong' NDIC Bill - Abdulhakeem Abdullateef / 19 Militants Held As NAF Jets Destroy Four Camps In South West

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.