Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,337 members, 7,808,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

BMW Owners' Forum - Car Talk (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / BMW Owners' Forum (229928 Views)

Honda CRV Owners Forum / Nissan Xterra Owners Forum / Kia Owners Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (93) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Conductor261: 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2020
[quote author=sexyto post=90919095][/quote]
Go big. 5 series or E class

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Conductor261: 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2020
drakeskull:

It's like you don't know the moniker you're replying. You're on a cruise cheesy 190 / E39 angry
Emptyskull.

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by drakeskull(m): 6:38pm On Jun 21, 2020
Conductor261:

Emptyskull.

Nuisance Agbero

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Conductor261: 6:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
drakeskull:

Nuisance Agbero
Emptyskull quit derailing

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by drakeskull(m): 7:37pm On Jun 21, 2020
Conductor261:

Emptyskull quit derailing

Moronic Agbero, go constitute nuisance on Benz thread with your different 33 monikers as usual. Don't bring it here

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Conductor261: 7:58pm On Jun 21, 2020
drakeskull:

Moronic Agbero, go constitute nuisance on Benz thread with your different 33 monikers as usual. Don't bring it here
Now that you have vomitted trash as usual can we have peace now...emptyskull?

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by drakeskull(m): 8:22pm On Jun 21, 2020
Conductor261:

Now that you have vomitted trash as usual can we have peace now...emptyskull?

You na the real thrash na. That's your trademark on Nairaland, Agbero ofo

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Conductor261: 8:27pm On Jun 21, 2020
drakeskull:

You na the real thrash na. That's your trademark on Nairaland, Agbero ofo
Stop derailing emptyskull

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by uboma(m): 8:28pm On Jun 21, 2020
drakeskull:

Now I have a clue about who he really is.

I wonder how he manages to troll using his multiple handles. Seems he has that much time to mess around.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by drakeskull(m): 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
uboma:

Now I have a clue about who he really is.

I wonder how he manages to troll using his multiple handles. Seems he has that much time to mess around.

Just like I knew he would display his stupidity here. Na one jobless lecturer for Ekiti he be.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by drakeskull(m): 8:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
Conductor261:

Stop derailing emptyskull

When you're done, you roam to other thread and detail stupidly as usual

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by emperor00(m): 9:36pm On Jun 21, 2020
I am in need of a reasonably priced BMW e46 preferably an i6 and most be automatic. If you have any pls drop pics and contact.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Conductor261: 9:59pm On Jun 21, 2020
emperor00:
I am in need of a reasonably priced BMW e46 preferably an i6 and most be automatic. If you have any pls drop pics and contact.
Manual transmission is the beauty of the ultimate driving machine BMW

3 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ewons1(m): 10:53pm On Jun 21, 2020
Hi Guys,....SOMEONE SHOULD PLS RESPOND TO MY HUMBLE REQUEST BELOW EVEN IF ITS JUST TO RECOMMEND A RELIABLE AUTO SHOP/MECHANIC WORKSHOP HERE IN LAGOS MAINLAND PREFERABLY.

THANK YOU

ewons1:
Hello guys,
Its been a while.Happy father's day to u all.i parked my e36 325i(6 plugs) for over a year now and i want to revamp it back for use.
the colour/paint is worn out due to climate ofcos
the breaks as well as the pads are weak.
water gather at the driver's seat floor.
the windsheid is cracked and i want to change it.
I also need to change the 4 shocks/suspension.
and ofcos a new battery to go with it.( i will post a pix of my bmw soonest)

So please can anyone know the total cost of all these parts i just mentioned above and;
Secondly a reliable bmw mechanic workshop here in lagos that can handle these and deliver a good job and a brand new look-alike car at the end of the day in about 2 to 3 weeks or even less. i reside around Opic/Arepo/Berger Axis.

Pls guys i need ur honest and factual inputs on this pls.....u can let me know here or via my whatsapp line(08061373735) av dedicated for this mini project.
Thank y'all.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Conductor261: 11:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
ewons1:
Hi Guys,....SOMEONE SHOULD PLS RESPOND TO MY HUMBLE REQUEST BELOW EVEN IF ITS JUST TO RECOMMEND A RELIABLE AUTO SHOP/MECHANIC WORKSHOP HERE IN LAGOS MAINLAND PREFERABLY.

THANK YOU

Talk to Diportivo, gazzuzz, shagati, but radautoworks will hook you up with parts...

Fine car

2 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by ewons1(m): 11:01am On Jun 22, 2020
thanks for the compliment @conductor

that was the look of my car over 6 years ago oooo.............anyway thats the reason why i want to revamp it again to look better than what ur seeing now.

@Diportivo, @gazzuzz, @shagati....pls u guys should kindly help out with my request.thanks a million once again.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by sexyto(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2020
uboma:

What's your background about cars? What car(s) have you used in the past/presently using? Why do you feel attracted for the E39?

can you pls shade more light on the reliability of the e90? is it a money pit as compared to a Volvo s60/80?
thanks.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2020
drakeskull:

What's this one saying? Physicist, If u want to see it, come see for yourself. Watch the video, slowly I would advise

Watch this. Seems all RWD cars do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUnItwLOo3M
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 25, 2020
drakeskull:
My E90 lowers itself on the rear when I engage R or D and lifts itself when in P or N. My former E90 (06) doesn't do this. Is it normal?

cc chukel

E90s are not supposed to do that, at least not when they are stock and and have everything working properly.
I have never seen or heard of an e90 equipped with adjustable ride height from factory not even M3s so maybe the previous owner installed some fancy aftermarket suspension parts or your rear shocks are on their way out and the rear is becoming soft and bouncy.
another reason why I don't think you have adjustable ride height is because of the pattern you described, cars with this feature sit low when parked and at high speed for better stability not when you put the car in reverse or drive. your car is doing the opposite
It may be that your rear shocks are weak and the weight transfer from accelerating is making the rear end of your car squat more than it is supposed to but i could be wrong or previous owner installed some stuff that is making it do that
please try to make a video and show us. I am sure I am not the only one who ll love to see this

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 25, 2020
chukel:
Mr. Physicist, that is not inertia. If it was, all vehicles will exhibit it.

actually it is bro and all cars (even bikes) exhibit this behavior its just more pronounced in rwd cars because of their weight distribution between the front and rear axles being near 50/50. so when accelerating the weight transfer to the rear makes the rear heavier and the front lighter hence the reason why the rear of the car squats. same thing plays out during braking except this time the front squats and the rear rises a bit. its all just weight being transferred and center of gravity changing.
in FWD cars you almost dont notice it because FWD cars are very nose heavy with the weight distribution always around 60/40 between the front and rear so under hard acceleration the weight transfer to the back actually makes the weight distribution kind of balanced thats why you dont see it squat as much but if you are sitting in the car you ll still feel your self being thrown backwards due to the weight transfer backwards but during hard braking the already heavy front of fwd cars become even heavier and the light rear even lighter and thats one reason why FWD cars arent as stable and more likely to somersault in an accident due to unevenly loaded axles.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by drakeskull(m): 7:33am On Jun 25, 2020
HARDEYEBER:

E90s are not supposed to do that, at least not when they are stock and and have everything working properly.
I have never seen or heard of an e90 equipped with adjustable ride height from factory not even M3s so maybe the previous owner installed some fancy aftermarket suspension parts or your rear shocks are on their way out and the rear is becoming soft and bouncy.
another reason why I don't think you have adjustable ride height is because of the pattern you described, cars with this feature sit low when parked and at high speed for better stability not when you put the car in reverse or drive. your car is doing the opposite
It may be that your rear shocks are weak and the weight transfer from accelerating is making the rear end of your car squat more than it is supposed to but i could be wrong or previous owner installed some stuff that is making it do that
please try to make a video and show us. I am sure I am not the only one who ll love to see this

I'll make the video. The shocks is still very good. If you check the video I posted, the way the m5 lowered itself, that's exactly what I'm saying. My former e90 never did that even with bad rear shocks. E60 too never did that. Anyways, I'll make the video and send the link.

Going by your signature, seems you love E90's.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by chukel(m): 8:58am On Jun 25, 2020
HARDEYEBER:

actually it is bro and all cars (even bikes) exhibit this behavior its just more pronounced in rwd cars because of their weight distribution between the front and rear axles being near 50/50. so when accelerating the weight transfer to the rear makes the rear heavier and the front lighter hence the reason why the rear of the car squats. same thing plays out during braking except this time the front squats and the rear rises a bit. its all just weight being transferred and center of gravity changing.
in FWD cars you almost dont notice it because FWD cars are very nose heavy with the weight distribution always around 60/40 between the front and rear so under hard acceleration the weight transfer to the back actually makes the weight distribution kind of balanced thats why you dont see it squat as much but if you are sitting in the car you ll still feel your self being thrown backwards due to the weight transfer backwards but during hard braking the already heavy front of fwd cars become even heavier and the light rear even lighter and thats one reason why FWD cars arent as stable and more likely to somersault in an accident due to unevenly loaded axles.

inertia force is a resistive force and acts in opposite direction to the force it's opposing. If the primary force is to propel the car forward, inertia should be a backward force in the opposite direction and not a downward force. Moreover the phenomenon we explained is noticed while the car is still stationary. Not even moving or about to move. While the brake is still applied and gear moved into drive, the rear lowers.

1 Like

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by BamBamK: 9:19am On Jun 25, 2020
prof heavenlybang

HeavenlyBang:

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by kingreign(m): 9:40am On Jun 25, 2020
chukel:
inertia force is a resistive force and acts in opposite direction to the force it's opposing. If the primary force is to propel the car forward, inertia should be a backward force in the opposite direction and not a downward force. Moreover the phenomenon we explained is noticed while the car is still stationary. Not even moving or about to move. While the brake is still applied and gear moved into drive, the rear lowers.
When you engage D, there is a 'pull' from the drive train upfront to the axle at the rear to cause the car to move that is the torque at work. Even though the brakes are still engaged and car is stationary, that pull still exists till you put in R or P or N.

3 Likes

Re: BMW Owners' Forum by legionISproteus: 4:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
Conductor261:
BMW 5series E39 is winking at me o....should I say yes or no?
Dear Lord, say No. That's an old and ugly BMW

Ugliest BMWs
1. Z3/Z4
2. Pre-LCI e66
3. 1st gen X3
4. E39 (unless in pristine condition, this car is like a woman who needs make-up to look beautiful)
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by legionISproteus: 4:02pm On Jun 25, 2020
ewons1:
Hello guys,
Its been a while.Happy father's day to u all.i parked my e36 325i(6 plugs) for over a year now and i want to revamp it back for use.
the colour/paint is worn out due to climate ofcos
the breaks as well as the pads are weak.
water gather at the driver's seat floor.
the windsheid is cracked and i want to change it.
I also need to change the 4 shocks/suspension.
and ofcos a new battery to go with it.( i will post a pix of my bmw soonest)

So please can anyone know the total cost of all these parts i just mentioned above and;
Secondly a reliable bmw mechanic workshop here in lagos that can handle these and deliver a good job and a brand new look-alike car at the end of the day in about 2 to 3 weeks or even less. i reside around Opic/Arepo/Berger Axis.

Pls guys i need ur honest and factual inputs on this pls.....u can let me know here or via my whatsapp line(08061373735) av dedicated for this mini project.
Thank y'all.
I don't have the contact of any iron-condemn person, I would have linked you up.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by legionISproteus: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2020
emperor00:
Check jiji
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by legionISproteus: 4:06pm On Jun 25, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

This drakeskull must be an empty skull fella.
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by legionISproteus: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
HARDEYEBER:

Thank you very much!
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by legionISproteus: 4:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
HARDEYEBER:

Thank you once again. I'm disappointed in you chukel. I thought you knew something
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by legionISproteus: 4:09pm On Jun 25, 2020
kingreign:

When you engage D, there is a 'pull' from the drive train upfront to the axle at the rear to cause the car to move that is the torque at work. Even though the brakes are still engaged and car is stationary, that pull still exists till you put in R or P or N.
Man wey sabi. Thank you very much
Re: BMW Owners' Forum by Conductor261: 5:28pm On Jun 25, 2020
legionISproteus:
Dear Lord, say No. That's an old and ugly BMW

Ugliest BMWs
1. Z3/Z4
2. Pre-LCI e66
3. 1st gen X3
4. E39 (unless in pristine condition, this car is like a woman who needs make-up to look beautiful)

I LOVE ugly cars!

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (93) (Reply)

Club-Lexus / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.