Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Perserve In The Relationship Or Move On To Find A Marriageable Partner. HELP!!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Perserve In The Relationship Or Move On To Find A Marriageable Partner. HELP!!! (763 Views)

If You Propose And She Says 'No', Is The Relationship Over? / Characters Ladies Of Marriageable Age Exhibit When Desperate For Husbands / What's The Factor That's Kept Your Relationship Or Marriage Till Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Perserve In The Relationship Or Move On To Find A Marriageable Partner. HELP!!! by silentlywild: 5:03pm On Jul 18, 2012
I am in a dilemma! My long term boyfriend lives in the America whilst I live in England. I have been seeing him for a good 6years since 2006. The main problem is that, we were in physical contact for 6months in 2006 and haven't seen each other since then. Now I understand why they say the heart gets fonder the longer d distance btw pple. We send each other presents on all the special occasion like Birthdays,valentine, christmas, easter, st patricks day, Thanksgiving day and we speak atleast every three days for minimum of 2hrs. He is a very busy person so hardly has time for women. I should be lucky he is a workaholic right? That is not the case. Infact,the biggest concern now that is eating me up is that, I am not getting any younger and after a 6yr relationship he just keeps telling me he cant wait to be married to me but, he doesnt make any plans to make it happen. He knows my family as my parents had met him and I know his but, he hardly speaks to his parents( Reasons known only to him) so when I call his mother she just starts asking when last I heard from her son. Most times I dont know what to say because, he hardly tells her anything about his life. His mother is in Lagos. I have met single eligible bachelors in England,who are willing to marry me tommorow but, I feel like I would be betraying my Yankee bobo.
DOES HIS LACK OF COMMITMENT MEAN HE MAY NEVER PROPOSE TO ME? He spoils me with enough presents and I know he loves me as I do him. SO WAT DO I DO? I am so READY to START a family and he SEEMS to be HOLDING ME BACK..We have discussed this marriage thing like for the 5time from last year. I have a conscience unlike Gold digger women. I have money and also have a great job so we are financially stable. PLS MEN AND LADIES what do u think his problem is? HE IS ACTIVE IN THE church and I know his pastor who says they keep talking about me. WE KNOW EACH OTHERS LIKES AND DISLIKES. CAN IT DEN BE COLD FEET BOTHERING HIM? I can move to America anytime but, in a forced way. He says he would propose at the right time but his right time seems so distant away. He is always talking about how his work matters at this point. I DON TIRE. I know money is needed in marriage but am not a lazy woman I am 100% ready to back up finances.
Re: Perserve In The Relationship Or Move On To Find A Marriageable Partner. HELP!!! by jigwe101: 5:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
Have you talked to him about this? See what he has to say first so ull have a better understanding of what he's thinking. A closed mouth won't get fed
Re: Perserve In The Relationship Or Move On To Find A Marriageable Partner. HELP!!! by Mynd44: 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
The biggest mistakes people make in relationship is not communicating with their partners.
Send him what you wrote here and see what his response is
Re: Perserve In The Relationship Or Move On To Find A Marriageable Partner. HELP!!! by cog1: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2012
You are not getting any younger here.
I would have said discuss the matter with him,but
That's so stale an advice at this point seeing
as you guys have already done that at least 5times
this year alone!!!!!
A very red light signal you are missing is the way
And manner he treats his family now;
he has zero communication with his mother that carried him
For nine months and spent a good number of the years of his life with!
How well do you think you'll fare when you get married to him,if at all?
Well,sorry to disappoint you;he'll treat you the same way
he treats his mother!!!
You better put your acts together and run for your time to
The arms of a reasonable man,not just any man because you
Want to get married.
No marriage can ever be described as utopic;even when the individuals
involved courted for very long!!
Your best bet is a new r/ship that's bound for
the altar ASAP and then nurture it the way you've
Nurtured this one;the new one will equally grow!!!!
Blessed evening.
Re: Perserve In The Relationship Or Move On To Find A Marriageable Partner. HELP!!! by Rocktation(f): 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2012
Poster, tell him already that you're set to start a family of your own like right now, and that you love him but cannot wait for him any longer than you have. That way, he'd be shaken up enough to realise or remember your worth, if you're worth anything to him, and would acknowledge that he's on the verge of not just losing you, but also losing you to some other. No one likes giving away prized jewels. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't too.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Confuse Dont Know What To Do / Why Do Ladies Take Relationships Toopersonal? / Who Says GEJ Is Not Romantic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.