Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,385 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? (7555 Views)

Elijah Oyefeso Now A Stock Trader, Earns £30,000 On A Bad Month (pics) / What Are The Problems You Face As A Paypal Account Holder in Nigeria/Ghana? / I Resigned From A Forex Brokerage Firm; Falsehood Of Some Brokers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by prowlG: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
As for me, i would not say greed because missing entry point is what usually led to my greediness. What is yours?
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by miteolu(m): 2:29pm On Jul 19, 2012
Brokers have different serves.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
emotions, i tend to close wining trades quick but allow losing ones to run angry angry angry i have found a better way out of that.

the major one is greed, when i open a trade with 1 lot,when opening another trade,i easily get tempted to use 5 lots thereby exposing my equity to margin call

the craziest of them all is not using a stop loss for such trades

NO THANKS TO EXPERIENCE FOR TEACHING ME THE HARD WAY

1 Like

Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by FXKing2012(m): 2:41pm On Jul 19, 2012
greed is always the bane of the forex trader
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 19, 2012
simply greed! most guys already have the basic knowledge.this is my fourth year in forex and i can tell you it's not been easy at all,especially from the psychological angle.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by cristog120: 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
over confidence makes one to increase his risk which wipes equity quickly at any slightest retracement.it plays out here again

1 Like

Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by scopusng(m): 2:52pm On Jul 19, 2012
tied of making money on a daily basis.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by xremmy(m): 2:56pm On Jul 19, 2012
For me, trying to think of potential profit instead of risk was my initial problem. I have reversed that now.

Now all I look for is trade with less than 10pips stoploss and probability of moving to BE is high. The profit part is left for the market to take care of. Still have a short on eur from may, RR is now more than 1:100.

Also, discipline was a serious aspect I had to deal with. Couldn't conquer it till I started seeing trading as a full-time business and not a hobby to just try out and pick up extra income.

Lovely experience. You get to learn so much about yourself.

Happy Pipping all.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by Abrantie: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2012
You guys are brave trading forex. That shiet moves too fast and gets your adrenalin pumping. Before you're aware, you start to jump in and out of positions without a plan. I doubt 90% of you have profited overall (total losses vs. total gains) since you started trading.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by Toks2008(m): 3:02pm On Jul 19, 2012
Greed is my greatest problem while fear is the problem for the starters.

This is why i have developed an expert advisor to do the trading for me and presently testing it.

Unfortunately fx trading does not give the profits many people dream of. If you are expecting a cumulative profit of 50/100% returns in a year then fx can work for you but if you are the type who wants 60/100% in a month then look elsewhere.

GOD will help us all.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by morgist(m): 3:04pm On Jul 19, 2012
i can say greed is one of them!

brokers server manipulation.

issue of stop lost
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2012
xremmy: For me, trying to think of potential profit instead of risk was my initial problem. I have reversed that now.

Now all I look for is trade with less than 10pips stoploss and probability of moving to BE is high. The profit part is left for the market to take care of. Still have a short on eur from may, RR is now more than 1:100.

Also, discipline was a serious aspect I had to deal with. Couldn't conquer it till I started seeing trading as a full-time business and not a hobby to just try out and pick up extra income.

Lovely experience. You get to learn so much about yourself.

Happy Pipping all.

NICE ONE
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2012
i always end up over leveraging myself.
i feel there is an evil spirit manipulatin me.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by ebamma(m): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
me thinks forex trading is not a game for those who lack patience and those who want to get rich quickly.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by Opoki(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2012
Huh... Forex!
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by economia: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ingenuity of broker is my problem, even when i found one (marketiva) that i trust its platform became unuderstandable
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by beejaay: 4:22pm On Jul 19, 2012
Guys please try and read through the power of NOW. The book helped alot about the importance of NOW especially forex trading.
Making 100% monthyl is extra possible but the fear of the past and the illusory nature of the future is our greatest problem.
Happy pipping all.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by economia: 4:27pm On Jul 19, 2012
beejaay: Guys please try and read through the power of NOW. The book helped alot about the importance of NOW especially forex trading.
Making 100% monthyl is extra possible but the fear of the past and the illusory nature of the future is our greatest problem.
Happy pipping all.
how can i get 'the power of now' you talk about pleas.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by infofirst(m): 4:47pm On Jul 19, 2012
All Nigeria factors like power supply, poor internet access......

1 Like

Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by kioboy(m): 4:48pm On Jul 19, 2012
Ma major problem is slow internet connection. More especially during new york opening, there is always a spiking trend dat i like scoping bt ma poor starcom connection hv made it impossible cos ur forex broker keep reqoating ur order until u get frustrated and cancel out.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by akhis: 8:05pm On Jul 19, 2012
I dont always start with big capital.
Greed is the biggest killer when one forgets he cant take out all the money in the market.
Am not making money yet but i dont think i will quick.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by spacewily: 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2012
scopusng, piplite from ircforex, still on same strategy we talked abt whn we met @ benin ? I ..... Talk
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2012
I dont know how to stay away from the market especialy during european crisis when eu cant even boast of 40 straight pips. Also, power problem. My laptop backs up for 3 hours and at times i need 2 use it for longer time. Sleep and discipline to wake up during asian session basically are my issues. The biggest though is stayn off market when eu wont just move. Thanks
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by jamace(m): 11:26pm On Jul 19, 2012
-Greed
-Over-trading
-Power supply failure
-Internet connection failure
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by Hoodrat(m): 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2012
Sleepless night is my number one problem and psychological torture, although you can leave the trade and let it run it doesn't matter if you have internet or not. My first week in forex yielded and got me a 2000 dollars profit after that massive profit I lost it because and every trade I placed seem to go against me and it went on for over 3 weeks till I ended up losing all and had to invested in clothing line. My advice is stay way from forex if you have got so much money invest in physical business that you can easily control and not the forex nonsense because the brokers are not ready to pay you when you are wining and are ready to trade against you. if you trade from 1 dollars upward you know what i mean im not talking about those trading under 50 cent.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by letuak(m): 5:03am On Jul 20, 2012
Internal control and Power failure,thanks.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by chijokz(m): 5:13am On Jul 20, 2012
Greed, patience and proper money management. I only trade 1 lot with RR of 1:3. Sometimes i get tempted to double up my lots especially when in a losing trade hoping the market will reverse and break even. It took a while to learn self discipline. Capital preservation is the key to surviving in this market long term.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by isaco(m): 10:42am On Jul 20, 2012
I am one of forex victims. I lost over $1500 before, i thought i hav known it, my trainer even knows nothin about fx. He deceived me. Now, Fear will not allow me back. I dont believe one can make money from it at all. Anyone can prove me wrong by trading for me with reasonable and stable income. Note: with a serious legal backing deal.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by akhis: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
economia: how can i get 'the power of now' you talk about pleas.

Google it and you will download the pdf for free.
Re: What Are The Problems You Face As A Forex Trader? by letuak(m): 6:06am On Jul 21, 2012
Forex is real but it is not as gentlemanly as they make you believe because in reality FX trading is referred to as slaughter house where traders routinely get chopped.The FX market I know is one of egos and money where billions of dollars are won and lost everyday,there is nothing easy about currency market in this jungle it is a kill or be killed attitude that that marks survival, and the minute you step into the playing field you a target.Like in other profession,you need years of solid education before you get stated,after all the goal is to make money than a lawyer or a doctor but many aspiring traders expect to learn everything from free downloaded eBook,ask your self how could a rookie be profitable competing with some of the best brains in the world.Please get a MENTOR not A GURU,FX TRADING IS A MARATHON,BE PREPARED.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Binary Options Trading Strategy / Help With Naira Mastercard/visacard International Spending Limit / Dstv Defrauding Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.