Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:53 PM

OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account (12875 Views)

Oga Seun, How Come Somebody Is Using My Handle? / Seun, How Could You Do This To Us? / Seun, How About A Legal Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 8:15pm On Jul 18, 2012
Please i need to close my account now how do i go about it.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 8:23pm On Jul 18, 2012
can anyone help?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Caracta(f): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2012
Sorry bro, it can't be closed. Once you are in, we keep you in and throw the keys away!
Ooops, i'm probably wrong. Seun, where art thou? Come answer this.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by alafin(m): 8:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
Honestly this is bad and just discovered myself, you can't close your account, why?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by alafin(m): 8:36pm On Jul 18, 2012
Seun your website has no security what's so ever why now...
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2012
i wanted to close mine too but found out that it wasnt possible.this is not good seun should have made everyone aware that once u get in u cant close it .

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Freiburger(m): 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2012
@ skyone, i received you mail but i'm so sorry i dont reply every mail. Just to let you know i cant help .
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2012
Freiburger: @ skyone, i received you mail but i'm so sorry i dont reply every mail. Just to let you know i cant help .

Thanks
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2012
Your website lacks simple security plus no procedure on how to close registered account this is absolutely unacceptable. ANYBODY CAN TRACE ANYONE THROUGH YOUR WEBSITE; JUST AT THE TYPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS AND EVERYTHING IS EXPOSED THIS IS ABSOLUTELY STUP1D.

4 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2012
skyone: Your website lacks simple security plus no procedure on how to close registered account this is absolutely unacceptable. ANYBODY CAN TRACE ANYONE THROUGH YOUR WEBSITE; JUST AT THE TYPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS AND EVERYTHING IS EXPOSED THIS IS ABSOLUTELY STUP1D.

What exactly are you going on about? Your posts are public, your profile is public, you made your email address public, what exactly is secret there?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2012
justwise:

What exactly are you going on about? Your posts are public, your profile is public, you made your email address public, what exactly is secret there?
ur arguement has no point ,even facebook u can close it.and there must be a notice to all that when u enter u cant get out this wasnt done.seun should simply find a means for anyone who no longer wished to be part of this forum to get out or is nairaland a cult that u must stay in by force

1 Like

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2012
onatisi:
ur arguement has no point ,even facebook u can close it.and there must be a notice to all that when u enter u cant get out this wasnt done.seun should simply find a means for anyone who no longer wished to be part of this forum to get out or is nairaland a cult that u must stay in by force
My argument is based on the issue of security the poster mentioned, if you want to deactivate your account then email Seun.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2012
justwise:
My argument is based on the issue of security the poster mentioned, if you want to deactivate your account then email Seun.
now u are making sense ,infact complete sense and you just answered the guy question which is how can he deactivate his account i know this information will help others too.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
onatisi:
now u are making sense ,infact complete sense and you just answered the guy question which is how can he deactivate his account i know this information will help others too.

Or he can simply block nairaland email address from sending him notification and stop logging on.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Seun(m): 1:37am On Jul 19, 2012
Why do you want to close it? Is there any post or topic you'd like me to delete on your behalf?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 19, 2012
@seun, it's not a post factor, its the privacy issue. Folks like me get a lot of spam mails from people who claim to have read our profile on NL, I get at least 3 daily!
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Seun(m): 3:49am On Jul 19, 2012
fewj: @seun, it's not a post factor, its the privacy issue. Folks like me get a lot of spam mails from people who claim to have read our profile on NL, I get at least 3 daily!
There is nowhere in the new Nairaland script where emails are exposed to users. You cannot get a Nairalander's email address from his/her Nairaland profile. The feature is simply not there. Your email address is not exposed to anyone unless you mail them. If you're getting spam mails, you must have posted your email address publicly somewhere. Scammers do tell lies; don't believe them.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by tpia5: 4:04am On Jul 19, 2012
skyone: Your website lacks simple security plus no procedure on how to close registered account this is absolutely unacceptable. ANYBODY CAN TRACE ANYONE THROUGH YOUR WEBSITE; JUST AT THE TYPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS AND EVERYTHING IS EXPOSED THIS IS ABSOLUTELY STUP1D.

if you're angry about this then i wonder what you'll say about the nl mirror site.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by tpia5: 4:07am On Jul 19, 2012
Why do you want to close it? Is there any post or topic you'd like me to delete on your behalf?

i dont get it.

912917 member stats, how will -1 affect that?

not sure what i keep missing here.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Seun(m): 4:18am On Jul 19, 2012
tpia@:

if you're angry about this then i wonder what you'll say about the nl mirror site.
Which NL mirror site?
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by nitrogen(m): 4:21am On Jul 19, 2012
You are right but you can edit your profile, the mere removal of your email addy and its replacement with another solves the problem (even a wrong or a 'general purpose' email addy can be used.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 5:03am On Jul 19, 2012
@seun,i want u to knw that you have a wonderful site and anyne f saying we want to leave is all becos we want to create a new one.two not all the members on this forum are good you must realise that this nl has become a site which u can feel the pulse of nigerians towards an issue ,on this site whether you believe it or not you have boko haram members,security people,gverment officials,criminals ,students and so on,900,000 ppl cant all be good,some members have posted their emails or personal info here before realising the power,coverge and impact of nl.therefore it will be good if ppl can leave and later rejoin if they wish to.
how many posts do u want to delete in respect of one person if u tell people to tel u which post u will delete the amount of delete request will overwhem you,alternatively make a way for ppl to delete certain topics created by them or certain post posted by them this can easily be done by putting a delete button by the side of quote,modify and report.pls do kind think about all this points,

6 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Odunnu: 5:20am On Jul 19, 2012
Take the time and energy and go thru your posts one after the other and modify any post with your emails, remove the emails and we are cool
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 5:39am On Jul 19, 2012
Odunnu: Take the time and energy and go thru your posts one after the other and modify any post with your emails, remove the emails and we are cool
so u are implying that we are caged in this site even if our life threatened,we cant delete our account and we must remain?i think i will just keep quite and let others react when they read this topic
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Odunnu: 5:44am On Jul 19, 2012
My people say that in life, it is death alone that has no solution.
Stop posting and it'l become redundant
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by Nobody: 5:57am On Jul 19, 2012
Seun I feel the guy's concern, I was worried too. You could see my handle is recently registered cos I kept getting worried about being trailed with the former handle I had, my emails and phone numbers where there on some post I ignorantly let out even my cars VIN numbers I wanted to be tracked online at the auto section by the auto dealers, infact I realized I put so much information about myself that a single search on my email using google brought out my entire life which I put on Nairaland unknowningly. I was scared to death. I simply changed my email, and decided to open new Nairaland account. If I had a way, I would have closed the previous account and deleted my info.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 6:16am On Jul 19, 2012
or seun should put a delete button which will allow one to be able to delete anything you might have posted either post or topic,that is another alternative but asking one to go through hundreds of post and start editing i believe that is unfair
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by skyone(m): 7:32am On Jul 19, 2012
Seun at least you can see the concerns of others this is absolutely not fair. All am after is not to be exposed to the public through nairaland, please dort this sort.
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 7:36am On Jul 19, 2012
seun really needs to do something about this issue because once ppl realises that they cant get out they may not likt the idea,right now many ppl dont know about this issue
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by segunjowo(m): 7:39am On Jul 19, 2012
It is really unfair if we can't deactivate our accounts o, mr Seun. Pls go back to the drawing room and discuss this with your team ASAP. Popular social network and news feed sites around the world have options whereby users can delete or deactivate their accounts at will. Nairaland shouldn't be any different. A globally acceptable format is the one with options to quit if you wish. Nairaland should follow thru..
I once wanted to delete my account and create another but couldn't do so because of this issue.. Please do something about it.

2 Likes

Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2012
now it is evident that it is not only me and skyone involved it means ppl have been wanting to deactivate and create a new one ,seun sould know that nl is like fb deletin an account doesnt mean the person is not comin back we only want to create a new one and delete the existing one.i am sure there are many more members who feel the same way too
Re: OK, SEUN How Do I Close My Nairaland Account by onatisi(m): 7:51am On Jul 19, 2012
Seun: Why do you want to close it? Is there any post or topic you'd like me to delete on your behalf?
how many posts or topics do u want to deete on ppls behalf if u ask that u will getting thousands of delete post or topic requests.dont give urself that hassles let ppl do it by themselves

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PHCN Cable Electrocutes Girl In Edo / Stolen Babies Reunited With Parents In Imo / A New Kind Of Creature Found In The Forest Of Nandurbar District India (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.