Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory (8561 Views)

President Buhari Prayed For Nigeria In Medina (photos) / Igbo Traditional Rulers Endorsed & Prayed For President Jonathan In Owerri- Pics / Jonathan Being Prayed For By Ministers In Israel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by superior1: 8:23am On Jul 19, 2012
The Bini monarch, Omo N’Oba Nedo, Oba Erediauwa, yesterday publicly revealed how he prayed for the re-election of Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole, who got a second term last Saturday. The monarch urged him to complete the developmental work he has started across the state.

Oba Erediauwa made this known when Governor Oshiomhole led his deputy, Pius Odubu, commissioners and principal officers of his administration to officially present his Certificate of Return to the monarch.

“I am very glad to be able to address you publicly today the way I have been addressing you privately while praying for your Excellency’s second term. You are welcomed to our palace. We have watched what you have done, like the press is saying that your handiwork is going to campaign for you. I prayed to my ancestors for you too and everybody has seen what you are doing for the people.

“Some of the roads that were left unkempt, we have seen what you have done with everything and, of course, not in only Bini kingdom but in the entire state, infrastructural developments are going on. The last time you came, I prayed that you would come back to complete the unfinished business. As my chief was praying, he added in his prayers that God and the ancestors should provide you the wherewithal to carry on with your infrastructural development and do more. We look forward to seeing you more and more around here. I thank you very much for the promises you made as regards Bini kingdom. Allah dey, God be with you,” an obviously happy Oba told Oshiomhole.

The governor had earlier told the Oba that he was ready to continue his urban renewal project in Benin, the state capital, to such an extent that whoever takes over from him, will have no alternative but to continue from he stops. “I have obligation to deliver on welfare to the 18 local governments so that our people can sustain the unity of purpose that they have demonstrated by the way they have voted. We are ready to apply ourselves in full and to creatively manage the resources of Edo State to improve on the quality of life of Edo State.

“Let me assure Your Majesty that the great Bini kingdom will receive accelerated development. I will devote huge resources to continue to address our urban renewal programme to restore the glory of this great kingdom, reclaim the moat, which I know is dear to your heart as one of the legacies, and, indeed, one of the unique features that distinguish Benin City from the rest of the cities in Nigeria; we will complete our agenda at Ovonramnwen Square as well as the Ramat Park,” Oshiomhole said.

He promised that his administration would build a new Benin City, a complete new layout so that people, who wish to build in any part of the areas, will access them with ease and a city that is planned with all the features of a modern city.

“The only way I can reciprocate the uncommon support that I have received from the people of this kingdom is to apply ourselves over the next four years in a way that in the end, people will be able to appreciate that the trust, the confidence was well placed. I know that with your majesty’s prayers, God will enable us do all the good things in our heart so that this kingdom, the great kingdom throughout the length of Africa, not just Nigeria, will come out better. Just to say we are indebted to Your Majesty.

“You have taught us lessons that we will keep throughout our life-time and you have led the foundation on which all Edolites can build. It is only for us to pray to God Almighty to continue to grant Your Majesty good health and long life so that when I shall return here, at the end of my tenure, we will bring pictorial that will show that this kingdom has changed remarkably, such that whoever is going to take over from me will have no discretion but to continue from where we willhave stopped, so that Edo State remains that heartbeat of our great nation,” Governor Oshiomhole said.

Meanwhile, the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU), Ambrose Alli, Ekpoma chapter, yesterday felicitated with the governor over his landmark victory in last Saturday’s election. “The result of the election is not surprising to us, given your outstanding pedigree in the administration of the state in these past three and half years,” the statement signed by Prof. Fred Asumeh and Stanley Omoikhoge, Chairman and Secretary, respectively, said.

The union called on Nigerian leadership to use the just-concluded election in Edo State as a guide to redirect election of credible leaders in the country, even as it commended INEC and law enforcement agencies for making the relative peace that characterised the election possible.

Source: www.sunnewsonline.com/article/i-secretly-prayed-oshiomhole%E2%80%99s-victory-%E2%80%93-oba-benin
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by superior1: 8:43am On Jul 19, 2012
The last time you came, I prayed that you would come back to complete the unfinished business. As my chief was praying, he added in his prayers that God and the ancestors should provide you the wherewithal to carry on with your infrastructural development and do more. We look forward to seeing you more and more around here. I thank you very much for the promises you made as regards Bini kingdom. Allah dey, God be with you,” an obviously happy Oba told Oshiomhole.

Your Majesty, I thank God for the answered prayers but why you no gree give GEJ dis kin attention now?, Ok, i remember, the gods kept you busy in the inner chambers, what a wisdom grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by ariyebaba(m): 10:06am On Jul 19, 2012
Oba,kindly pray for the boko haram to have a rethink

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Euroclydon(m): 10:12am On Jul 19, 2012
Answered prayers...if he had lost,u for tell us say you pray?

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by otokx(m): 10:16am On Jul 19, 2012
Nice
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Abujafood: 10:18am On Jul 19, 2012
People will pray for you when you are serving and protecting their overall interest. The Benin Monarch has seen clearly that PDP which ruled for 8 years failed woefully in developing the state whereas Oshiomhole led ACN government in less than 4 years had made remarkable progress.

Why won't he pray for him or will he rather pray for PDP to return and continue with their unfinished business? Oshiomhole well done and any serious politician wanting to win votes in an election better learn from this.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by slimming: 10:25am On Jul 19, 2012
Euroclydon: Answered prayers...if he had lost,u for tell us say you pray?

You're right.
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 19, 2012
Even without his prayers oshiomhole will win! he has won the heart of edo people and they are ready to vote pdp out.
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 19, 2012
Abeg,it have do,he has won na
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by femliany(m): 10:34am On Jul 19, 2012
Oba would be singing another tune now if the tide did not favour Oshiomhole
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 19, 2012
Yeah, that's expected. In other words, if I didn't pray, you wouldn't win, right? cheesy
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Super1759: 10:41am On Jul 19, 2012
Nonsense! Why didn't this man say this before election.now weh Adams don wins.en deh open yeye mouth.u want to be noticed,maybe give ur wife or son a political office.mchewwwwwwwww
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by poweredcom(m): 10:43am On Jul 19, 2012
Haaa oba don dey wash na hahah psycophant
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by vanstanzy(m): 10:46am On Jul 19, 2012
Osho-baba did very well and deserved to be rewarded. For this reason every right thinking and good-willed person (both within and without edo state) were praying for his return, not only Oba. But thanks Oba. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Delafruita(m): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2012
Euroclydon: Answered prayers...if he had lost,u for tell us say you pray?
it was public knowledge that the oba was behind oshiomole.he took a risk worth taking and should be applauded for putting everything on the line

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by vanstanzy(m): 10:51am On Jul 19, 2012
Super1759: Nonsense! Why didn't this man say this before election.now weh Adams don wins.en deh open yeye mouth.u want to be noticed,maybe give ur wife or son a political office.mchewwwwwwwww

Even at the last elections, which PDP hijacked and Osho-baba later regained. Osho-baba didn't discriminate over the local govts that didn't vote him then. Why would he discriminate now, even for the Oba? Sounds funny grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 19, 2012
Ohhkay. I don't have anything to say about this so I'll just go ahead and post my pin.
Cool folks add me on bbm. My pin: 29BBAF81. wink
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Delafruita(m): 10:52am On Jul 19, 2012
femliany: Oba would be singing another tune now if the tide did not favour Oshiomhole
you people have short memory.was it not the same oba that shunned PDP entourage led by jonathan?he sent a clear message early that he was with oshiomole.it was a big risk but he decided to take it

3 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by roselynbas(f): 10:57am On Jul 19, 2012
Ha! i am sorry for all of you that use this avenue to open your mouths any how.Don't u know that you are not allowed to abuse your rulers especially kings! cry God have mercy on u people!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Elueme: 11:02am On Jul 19, 2012
Many may be ignorant about this Oba... Erediuwa doesn't need favour from Oshomohle or any govt at any level so he can't be saying this for favour.He has stood behind Oshomohle long because of his relative performance. He has in time past advised his children to decline govt offers at state or fed level.... So don't think he's like one of those political Obas that politicians use to shines

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by supereagle(m): 11:02am On Jul 19, 2012
Super1759: Nonsense! Why didn't this man say this before election.now weh Adams don wins.en deh open yeye mouth.u want to be noticed,maybe give ur wife or son a political office.mchewwwwwwwww
He told GEJ point black that OSHIMOHOLE was their candidate before the election. We av the info in NL.
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by AlhajiPastor: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2012
Is there anything wrong about the King praying for his subject? why are you people so disrespectful? I hope you all want to grow old.
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by supereagle(m): 11:06am On Jul 19, 2012
Elueme: Many may be ignorant about this Oba... Erediuwa doesn't need favour from Oshomohle or any govt at any level so he can't be saying this for favour.He has stood behind Oshomohle long because of his relative performance. He has in time past advised his children to decline govt offers at state or fed level.... So don't think he's like one of those political Obas that politicians use to shines
tell the dunces here.
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by sucnif(m): 11:09am On Jul 19, 2012
Super1759(m): Quote Post
Nonsense! Why didn't this man say this before election.now weh Adams don wins.en deh open yeye mouth.u want to be noticed,maybe give ur wife or son a political office.mchewwwwwwwww

Super1759, I pity ur life pray that you should get to the age of Oba of Benin. It is a course on you to open your smelling mouth & abuse the Monarch, go to Benin & witness the good work Osho-baba is doing. Ur criminal party call PDP was there for 8 years without achieving anything. May God 4give that is if you know that God exist.
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by DExplorer1: 11:14am On Jul 19, 2012
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Super1759: 11:16am On Jul 19, 2012
sucnif: Super1759(m): Quote Post

Super1759, I pity ur life pray that you should get to the age of Oba of Benin. It is a course on you to open your smelling mouth & abuse the Monarch, go to Benin & witness the good work Osho-baba is doing. Ur criminal party call PDP was there for 8 years without achieving anything. May God 4give that is if you know that God exist.
...my friend I pity you as well.who knows how many bottles you took now.who is talking about age or anytn.my friend.nigerian politics is corrupt.so anyone who goes into it is corrupt as well.he prayed for adams.is he the only one that prays.so why saying it now.if adams lost would he had said it? Am nt accusing anyone or anything.its not about party here or who worked or who didn't work.so seal your wrinkled lips and yash down.periwinkle like you
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by ifihearam: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2012
Partial king

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by tonyx4x44(m): 11:18am On Jul 19, 2012
He want come chop money now whe oSho don win
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Super1759: 11:19am On Jul 19, 2012
supereagle: He told GEJ point black that OSHIMOHOLE was their candidate before the election. We av the info in NL.
..I agree wit you no doubt but he didn't say he is praying a secret prayer for him to win.adams is his candidate.
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by Musiwa2: 11:23am On Jul 19, 2012
g
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by ecode1(m): 11:34am On Jul 19, 2012
sucnif: Super1759(m): Quote Post

Oshiomhole has done very well quite alright no doubt. If you want people to come and see the work of Osho-baba and you use only Benin as example forgetting that Edo state doesn't comprise of Benin only, then we see why the bini people are solely behind him just for their selfish reasons only. Is Benin the only place in Edo state? Don't want people to give me that crap that Benin is the capital. And so what?! Development should channel around the whole state.
Re: Oba Of Benin - I Secretly Prayed For Oshiomhole’s Victory by ifihearam: 11:34am On Jul 19, 2012
Delafruita:
you people have short memory.was it not the same oba that shunned PDP entourage led by jonathan?he sent a clear message early that he was with oshiomole.it was a big risk but he decided to take it

My friend that is too big a risk to take na,for crying out sake,osho has just 4 more yrs to govern edo state,what happens after that?? The royal fathers serves as advisory role to all asundry both at state and federal hence they are paid monthly by both tiers. He shouldn't have publicly disclosed his supporrt besides my king would never do such a thing. My one kobo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Rejects Metuh's Bid To Stop Trial / FG, Niger Republic To Partner On Rail Construction – Amaechi / NBS: Nigeria’s Total Public Debt Increased By ₦2.4 Trillion In Q2 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.