Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Pregnant In Britain But Work Permit Expires Soon. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pregnant In Britain But Work Permit Expires Soon. (1638 Views)

Three Nigerians Arrested At Sham Wedding In Britain / Nigerians, Highest Number Of African Criminals In Britain - UK Home Office / 1 YEAR POLAND WORK PERMIT VISA (100% GUARANTEE ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pregnant In Britain But Work Permit Expires Soon. by horny4u(f): 7:26am On Jul 20, 2012
My friend is pregnant for a Nigerian Briton (she is Nigerian too) and he proposed before she got pregnant but since getting pregnant he is no longer eager to get married to her.
She is on a work permit that will expire in march and she is due to give birth in January.
I heard one rumour of a Naija girl whose baby daddy ( NIG BRiton) refused to sign birth certificate and both mother and kid are in detention centre sad sad sad

She is scared her baby may be taken from her by social workers and the father given sole custody while she is deported?
She will like to bring up her baby in the UK but if she is not married to her baby dad what right does she have?
She will like to remain in the UK only legally though so how can she go about it ?

My friend is like a sister to me and being this worried in her condition is no good cry

Please help(no rude comments Pls + I appreciate your being civil)
Re: Pregnant In Britain But Work Permit Expires Soon. by dancewith: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2012
If the dad refuses to sign up, the child can only be British by an act of court compelling a DNA evidence to prove paternity. It is unlikely you will get a stay from the Home Office if he refuses to cooperate. If he does cooperate, you will likely get settlement under the right to family life, whether or not he marries you. Also under the Zambrano case, you are unlikely to be deported if you are the child's primary carer and the child gets British citizenship.

Hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Pregnant In Britain But Work Permit Expires Soon. by horny4u(f): 8:27am On Jul 20, 2012
dancewith: If the dad refuses to sign up, the child can only be British by an act of court compelling a DNA evidence to prove paternity. It is unlikely you will get a stay from the Home Office if he refuses to cooperate. If he does cooperate, you will likely get settlement under the right to family life, whether or not he marries you. Also under the Zambrano case, you are unlikely to be deported if you are the child's primary carer and the child gets British citizenship.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much....It more than helped.

However when you say if the father cooperates you mean if he signs the Birth certificate or if he chooses to marry her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnant In Britain But Work Permit Expires Soon. by justwise(m): 8:29am On Jul 20, 2012
dancewith: If the dad refuses to sign up, the child can only be British by an act of court compelling a DNA evidence to prove paternity. It is unlikely you will get a stay from the Home Office if he refuses to cooperate. If he does cooperate, you will likely get settlement under the right to family life, whether or not he marries you. Also under the Zambrano case, you are unlikely to be deported if you are the child's primary carer and the child gets British citizenship.

Hope this helps

Spot on dancewith, i have an ex-course mate who had a baby with a Jamaican who is also a British passport holder, they never married but lived together before the guy became physically abusive to her, she moved out with the baby, she got her stay 2yrs ago through her baby but the baby's father cop orated but my friend is practically the sole carer of the baby. She was on student visa then.
Re: Pregnant In Britain But Work Permit Expires Soon. by justwise(m): 8:30am On Jul 20, 2012
horny4u:

However when you say if the father cooperates you mean if he signs the Birth certificate or if he chooses to marry her?

Mostly.
Re: Pregnant In Britain But Work Permit Expires Soon. by horny4u(f): 8:32am On Jul 20, 2012
justwise:

Mostly.

Thanks loads!
Re: Pregnant In Britain But Work Permit Expires Soon. by dancewith: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2012
horny4u:

Justwise has already answered this. The rule is normally that if the parents of a child are unmarried, the father's name can only appear on the birth certificate if both appear at the registrars office. Otherwise the father's column will be left blank. You can then sue for paternity confirmation and the court will compel his name to be included as the father and he must pay child support (acquire parental responsibility). If the parents are married, either of the parent can register the child and include the parents name on the certificate without the present of the other and both acquires automatic parental responsibility.

Once his name appears on the birth certificate and he is British already, your child is deemed to be born British (British by birth - since he was born in the UK) If he is born outside the UK he will be classed as British by descent.

Good luck

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between England, Scotland And United Kingdom Visa? / Have I Been Unfairly Treated ? / Inquiry On Affordable Hotel In Mexico City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.