Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets (7514 Views)

Police Evacuates Civil-War Bomb In Enugu (photo) / Oyo Government Removes Lunatics From Ibadan Roads / Lagos returns 3,105 poor persons, lunatics to six states (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Dainfamous: 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2012
The Ekiti State government has commenced the evacuation of beggars and lunatics from the streets of Ado Ekiti, with a plan to return them to their states of origin.

The state’s Commissioner for Youth and Sports, Mr. Folorunso Olabode, who supervised the exercise, said the measure was to check the security challenges in the country. The commissioner said the beggars and lunatics were capable of being manipulated by evil people. Olabode said the measure was also in line with the desire of the state government to make the streets of the state capital beautiful, adding that the beggars and sundry undesirable elements constitute nuisance.

http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailytrust.com.ng%2Findex.php%2Fnews%2F172312-ekiti-evacuates-beggars-lunatics-from-streets&h=EAQGiUQqy
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Afam4eva(m): 12:12pm On Jul 20, 2012
ACN for life grin.
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by jmaine: 12:22pm On Jul 20, 2012
Nice one my amiable State governor cool . . .But, how dem go take dey sure of a mad man/woman, valid state of origin undecided

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Afam4eva(m): 12:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
jmaine: Nice one my amiable State governor cool . . .But, how dem go take sure of a mad man/woman state of origin undecided
Especially now that the situation of the country makes it hard to distinguish between the man people that were called and those that called themselves.
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Kobojunkie: 12:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
Evacuates them from the streets? I hope the destination is not the furnace for them! shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by jmaine: 12:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
afam4eva:
Especially now that the situation of the country makes it hard to distinguish between the man people that were called and those that called themselves.

Bros Afam, i no understand ya post abeg oo! grin . . .Abeg kindly rephrase am wink
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by jbaur24: 1:09pm On Jul 20, 2012
Transport them to where? When we know that all the beggars are eketi peeps and Yoruba people who have been pauparized by the so calle Aziwaju Congo Party ACN. There is not SE/SS person begging on the street, its the peculiar life style of Yoruba and their cousins brothers up north. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Euroclydon(m): 1:14pm On Jul 20, 2012
The commissioner is a wise man...however,i believe appropriate arrangement has been made for them sha...
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2012
haha...do mad people move about with letter from their local government confirming state of origin.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Kobojunkie: 3:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
^^^ I am still waiting to get the Files from you or the book. When should I expect it? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Afam4eva(m): 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
saxywale: haha...do mad people move about with letter from their local government confirming state of origin.
I wonder oo
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by YorubaOmoge: 3:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
lmao @ "lunatic from streets". . . . to where?
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by ifihearam: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2012
What about the ekiti indigenes that are mad and beg??
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by YorubaOmoge: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
jbaur24: Transport them to where? When we know that all the beggars are eketi peeps and Yoruba people who have been pauparized by the so calle Aziwaju Congo Party ACN. There is not SE/SS person begging on the street, its the peculiar life style of Yoruba and their cousins brothers up north. grin grin

You must have smoked one nasty joint before you posted this. Just because your beggars/ lunatics kidnap/ransom to get money does not mean there are no beggars on the street.

I'm sure that most of them are your crippled, lazy SS/SE brothers.

They must be sent back to Lagos/SS/SE.

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by slimdiggi: 3:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pls dnt bring dem back to lagos
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by YorubaOmoge: 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
ifihearam: What about the ekiti indigenes that are mad and beg??
They will be well taken care of.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Ournaija: 3:50pm On Jul 20, 2012
How are they going to know their states of origin when they don`t even know how they came into town. I think this move by Ekiti State government will help us to know who true owns Ekiti. cheesy
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Afam4eva(m): 3:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ournaija: How are they going to know their states of origin when they don`t even know how they came into town. I think this move by Ekiti State government will help us to know who true owns Ekiti. cheesy
I'm sorry but has the ownership of ekiti ever been in doubt??
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by jmaine: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ournaija: How are they going to know their states of origin when they don`t even know how they came into town. I think this move by Ekiti State government will help us to know who true owns Ekiti. cheesy

Bros, How ?
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by tpia5: 3:54pm On Jul 20, 2012
what are their states of origin?

can we have the breakdown.
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Ndata(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Teenage pregnancies in Ekiti community worry monarch
by Femi Makinde, Ado-Ekiti
The Alayetoro of Ayetoro-Ekiti, Oba Samuel Ajayi, has expressed concern over the rate of teenage pregnancies in Ayetoro-Ekiti in Ido-Osi Local Government Area of Ekiti State. He said the rate at which the youth failed examinations, smoked Indian hemp and resort to okada riding made the community's future bleak.
The monarch raised the alarm in his speech to mark his 10th coronation anniversary in Ado-Ekiti on Monday.
Ajayi said, “Unless we wake up and do something quick, the future of our youths, especially those who reside at home, could be very bleak. Most of our youths are unemployed; those who failed their Senior School Certificate Examination now prefer to ride okada, smoke Indian hemp and impregnate as many girls of school's age as possible.
“They are neither useful to their families nor to the community at large. The crop of these youths is ready recruits in the hand of unscrupulous politicians.”
Urging the indigenes to establish small scale industries in the community, he said such step would provide job opportunities for the youth and address the vices.
http://odili.net/news/source/2012/jul/17/818.html

The beggars are products of teenage pregnancies and joblessness.Where do you want evacuate them to.
Idi-ileke where art thou? Your people are in trouble.
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Afam4eva(m): 3:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
tpia@:
what are their states of origin?

can we have the breakdown.
Majority of the beggars will definitely come from the North and SW. There are going to be some ekiti indegenes among them and i wonder what they'll do with those ones.
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by SisiKill1: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
The commissioner said the beggars and lunatics were capable of being manipulated by evil people.

Olabode said the measure was also in line with the desire of the state government to make the streets of the state capital beautiful,

adding that the beggars and sundry undesirable elements constitute nuisance.

Sigh!

Naija and aesthetics shaaaa!! undecided

It is always about prettying up the surface instead of working on what caused the surface to need prettying up in the first place.

Why are lunatics on the streets instead of a mental facility?

If the beggars has jobs they won't be begging, did they ever think of that?

Nah. . .that's probably going above and beyond what they are mentally capable of processing. Yep, rounding up the "nuisance" and dumping them somewhere . . .anywhere is a far better option, after all does not task the brain at all.

4 Likes

Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by YorubaOmoge: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ndata:

The beggars are products of teenage pregnancies and joblessness.Where do you want evacuate them to.
Idi-ileke where art thou? Your people are in trouble.

Forget Ileke for now. Send me your address so that I can send your family members back to you. Free of charge.

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Ournaija: 3:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
afam4eva:
I'm sorry but has the ownership of ekiti ever been in doubt??

What makes them non-Ekiti? Is it their state of mind or what?
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by YorubaOmoge: 3:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
afam4eva:
Majority of the beggars will definitely come from the North and SW. There are going to be some ekiti indegenes among them and i wonder what they'll do with those ones.

We'll make them the leaders of men.
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by YorubaOmoge: 4:00pm On Jul 20, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Sigh!

Naija and aesthetics shaaaa!! undecided

It is always about prettying up the surface instead of working on what caused the surface to need prettying up in the first place.

Why are lunatics on the streets instead of a mental facility?

If the beggars has jobs they won't be begging, did they ever think of that?

Nah. . .that's probably going above and beyond what they are mentally capable of processing. Yep, rounding up the "nuisance" and dumping them somewhere . . .anywhere is a far better option, after all does not task the brain at all.

My sister, in everything we do we must always imitate America. That's the future, that's development.

America has so many beggars and lunatics on the street.
Re: Ekiti Evacuates Beggars, Lunatics From Streets by Ournaija: 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
jmaine:

Bros, How ?

Whoever wins the battle will lay claim of the town. Simple cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos Of Other World Leaders Standing Alone At No. 10 Downing Street, London / unique,functional,perfect building Design,Construction & approval In Nigeria / Jonathan Administration Sabotages UNN Conference In Honor Of Achebe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.