Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,110 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:08 AM

Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . (17417 Views)

The Day Atiku Blasted Obasanjo To His Face / ECOWAS Vows Never To Invite Obasanjo To Monitor Election / Gov Amosun Allocates 500 Hectares Of Land To Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by playboy19(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
Super1759: 6 plots of land makes a hectare.6 times 25000 is 150,000plots of land. Like he was trying to create his own republic

If this freaks you, wait till i do the correct calculation for you.

tessyade: Your calculation is slightly wrong. The report gave 2,500 hectares not 25,000 hectares (used in your calculation) but all the same thats too much.

Yes he was wrong, but like you said, even 2,500 hectares is evil.

@Super1759, if you check the size very well, you will see it's in Hectares, and not Acres, meanwhile, 2.5 Acres = 1 Hectare

Translation, 2,500 x 2.5 will give you the number of Acres, which = 6,250 Acres. Now if you want to know the number of Plots, you can then multiply that by 6.. you do the math.

Our leaders no longer steal our money, cos they already have too much, now they are taking our heritage and we are all cracking jokes around. While other brainwashed iidiots are busy engaging themselves in political e-touting. SMH

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by pembisco(m): 1:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
I wish d judiciary here in adamawa can emulate such,Atiku owns mst of d land in d state,especialy d state capital,useless pple! Mtchew!
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Pukkah: 1:38pm On Jul 20, 2012
alj harem: tell me, is this not greed ?

How can ONE MAN own land the size of a city ? SMH

It is greed. It is even beyond greed.

The quest by dirty, corrupt, and grisly politicians to steal has become an obsession.

For some of them, it looks like a compulsive disorder to loot, plunder, and embezzle.

And from the look of things, they are not about to stop.

Just check out the way Nigerians argue and play the ethnic card whenever any of the corrupt people is called to question.

Unless something changes, the graft and larceny will continue.

That thing that can change is in the people.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Pergrace: 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
Super1759: 6 plots of land makes a hectare.6 times 25000 is 150,000plots of land. Like he was trying to create his own republic

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Lord have mercy
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by aljharem(m): 1:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

It is greed. It is even beyond greed.

The quest by dirty, corrupt, and grisly politicians to steal has become an obsession.

For some of them, it looks like a compulsive disorder to loot, plunder, and embezzle.

And from the look of things, they are not about to stop.

Just check out the way Nigerians argue and play the ethnic card whenever any of the corrupt people is called to question.

Unless something changes, the graft and larceny will continue.

That thing that can change is in the people.
You are on point my brother cry
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by waja(m): 1:43pm On Jul 20, 2012
Tell him that all that Hectares are not His, the only temporary plot He owns is that 6ft that will consume his corpse.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by JideTheBlogger(m): 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2012
And he called the reps thieves?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by YorubaOmoge: 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2012
eGuerrilla: Some perspective...

2500 hectares = 25 km² = 9.65255 mi²

9.65 square miles? angry

City of Sydney - 9.5 sq mile - Popn 182,226
Newark,New Jersey- 11.46 sq miles - popn 277,140
Pasay - 7.34 sq miles - popn 403,064 back in 2007
Manila - 14 sq miles - popn 1,660,714
City of Melbourne - 14 sq. miles
Lyon, France - 18.5 sq. miles - popn 483,000
Manhattan - 23 sq. miles
Miami FL - 35.68 sq. miles

I doubt NLers even know where to find these places on the map.

My village brothers. . . . No, you cannot see Miami from your backyard.
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by edicolove: 1:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
I wonder why this is very common in the south west. OBJ acquired a lot of land before he left power. Tinubu and Fashola as we speak are sharing Ikoyi and the Island massively. By the end of Fashola's second term, Lagos will be fully mortgaged. Something has to be done.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by waja(m): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
Biggyd2: Where did he get the money that he used "to acquire" the properties he claims to own today? Many of our leaders (past and present) who walk about freely are supposed to be chilling out in jail!
. Oweeeeh! They only want GEJ to declare his assets.
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Pukkah: 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
edicolove: I wonder why this is very common in the south west. OBJ acquired a lot of land before he left power. Tinubu and Fashola as we speak are sharing Ikoyi and the Island massively. By the end of Fashola's second term, Lagos will be fully mortgaged. Something has to be done.

Just imagine this fallacy...it 'is very common' in the South West and you went on to give how many examples?
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by YorubaOmoge: 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2012
edicolove: I wonder why this is very common in the south west. OBJ acquired a lot of land before he left power. Tinubu and Fashola as we speak are sharing Ikoyi and the Island massively. By the end of Fashola's second term, Lagos will be fully mortgaged. Something has to be done.

We will hunt them and make their skulls our drinking cups.

NL e-warriors, up up and away!

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by brownlord: 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
Blood of God, which kind country be this now, where on earth are we going to start fighting correction? Haba, I triedd saying blood of jesus, but the blood is no longer sufficient for the evil our leaders are doin to us in this country, God show ur face Nigeria is finished

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by edicolove: 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pukkah:

Just imagine this fallacy...it 'is very common' in the South West and you went on to give how many examples?

You really want me to give you an essay on it? I can if you can pay for my time. I am very much informed in these matters.
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Siga: 1:57pm On Jul 20, 2012
Why why why...why are these people so heartless and wicked...these animals have zero compassion and human feelings....ha ba...OBJ....upon all the land u chop in the 70s and 80s...I was in Egba 2008...any new building I point to ...na Obasanjo get am....I con ask so tey...which one hin no get make I see...nothing....OBJ has some serious obsession for land....seems when he was born...some cursed his mama and papa with land disease...ki lo de...

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by TexasR: 2:04pm On Jul 20, 2012
1759: 6 plots of land makes a hectare.6 times 25000 is 150,000plots of land. Like he was trying to create his own republic

Wrong.

6 plots of land make an ACRE,

2.5 ACRES make a hectar,therefore 2,500 hectares = 6,250 acres =37,500 plots
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by gregg2: 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2012
All you here yarning rubbish.
Obj is a farmer.Those acres of land in a village is not too
much for a mechanised farmer.Golden Penny wheat farm in the
US is over twenty times bigger than that.
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Chubhie: 2:15pm On Jul 20, 2012
[quote author=playboy19]

If this freaks you, wait till i do the correct calculation for you.

Yes he was wrong, but like you said, even 2,500 hectares is evil.

@Super1759, if you check the size very well, you will see it's in Hectares, and not Acres, meanwhile, 2.5 Acres = 1 Hectare

Translation, 2,500 x 2.5 will give you the number of Acres, which = 6,250 Acres. Now if you want to know the number of Plots, you can then multiply that by 6.. you do the math.

Our leaders no longer steal our money, cos they already have too much, now they are taking our heritage and we are all cracking jokes around. While other brainwashed iidiots are busy engaging themselves in political e-touting. SMH[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Pergrace: 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2012
edicolove:

You really want me to give you an essay on it? I can if you can pay for my time. I am very much informed in these matters.

I take God beg you,we need to see the essay smiley
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by DonHummer(m): 2:20pm On Jul 20, 2012
ypzilanti: Fate has been kind to a man so horrible.

A man who almost died in jail, came out and swore to improve the prisons, but soon forgot his travails and became a despot.

Why i dislike him the most is his history with IWU of truncating the peoples choice in sham elections.

OBJ is a serious candidate for prison for the scams in power sector, halliburton deal, and numerous breaches of the constitution.

Only thing he ever did right was the framework for telecoms sector. That is ALL. The money from the auction of the license went down the rabbit hole as usual.
pple keep givin praise to obj 4 bringin in gsm networks....bt dat is total rubish....it wud hav definitely hapnd weda obj is dere or not....m sure he didnt evn go to d investors....dey kam to him....
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Aniah4u: 2:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
J12: Greed is a human instinct. I don't blame them
Blame it on D system and its weak institution. But wait oooo! If u leave a 'juicy' office without wealth, D same Nigerians will skin u alive. Lets learn 2 stop celebrating ill gotten wealth, and d result is awesome.
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ah!2500hectares,what does he wants to do with it?AFRICA has a long way to go,our leaders are Dealers,no pity for the common man..he tricked Nigerians with Operation Feed the Nation(OFN),then he turned it to Obansanjo Farms Nigeria,or better still,OBASANJO FOOLS NIGERIANS.All na still OFN.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Gbawe: 2:31pm On Jul 20, 2012
edicolove:

No one cares if you have a PHD in "these matters". Just take your bigoted finger pointing somewhere else. Nigerian leaders, from every corner of the Nation, given the opportunity, are crude and hideously materialistic crooks who steal without consideration and acquire far more than they need . We don't need your silly attempt to introduce a "South-West-steals-more-than-us" angle into things.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by ManTJ1(m): 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
If this is true, what does baba Iyabo needs all dis land for. A man of that age.

Can all his family even share or build on these land?

Man want is unlimited.
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by nkemKalu: 2:32pm On Jul 20, 2012
Where are those who said OBASANJO remains the best leader Nigeria has ever produced?...Can they still talk here now? I mean, this same OBJ called the senators ROGUES and I don't know what we should call him now....ARMED ROBBER? KPARAWO? ONYE OSHI? JIBITI? OLEH? ....I DON'T KNOW PLEASE GUYS SHOULD SUGGEST A SUITABLE NAME FOR SUCH A PERSON LIKE OBJ

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by tessyade: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
gregg2: All you here yarning rubbish.
I also look at it from your perspective but the problem with his action is getting it from the state govt without following the due process.
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by meksroland: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
sheyguy: 2500 hactares! That's is enough land to land both of them in jail if there is anything close to a functioning juciary system in this country.
It is easy to see why the people of South West voted PDP out of power. . . Total corruption without remorse.
what of the ones Tinubu allocated to himself in all parts of Lagos. Yorubas are in slave in the hands of Tinubu
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by ayox2003: 2:37pm On Jul 20, 2012

Sample of Nigerians troubling this nation!
Later blame leaders for non-performance.SMH

OP, I wonder if OBJ thinks of death, atimes. He wants to rule the world but would be buried in a coffin that is just 6ft long! 2500 hectares of land is gross!

Frawzey

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
And to say that Obasanjo has numerous pieces of lands and properties scattered across the nation.

As the saying goes"there is enough for everyones needs but there is not enough for everyones greed".
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Adenex3051(m): 2:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
Abeg,make somebody tell me say this story na lie!Na complere local govt area OGD dash OBJ so.
Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by supereagle(m): 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
Mandela is a great leader. No s/africa always caleberate him.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Lose 2,500 Hectares Of Land . by Gbawe: 2:43pm On Jul 20, 2012

Look, we know he is a farmer but did you not read the article to understand the lands in question were allocated to him fraudulently?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Abuja High Court Declined To Stop Obiano- See Court Ruling / Face-off: Bode George Should Shut Up, Leave PDP – Jimi Agbaje / Ngige: Umahi Didn’t Invite Us To Defection Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.