Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,991 members, 7,803,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless (13465 Views)

Lai Mohammed Is Torn Between Serving Buhari And Tinubu-PDP Blasts / PDP Blasts Buhari For 'Embarrassing' Treatment Given To Him By Cameron In London / “God Owns Lagos, Entire Universe” – PDP Blasts Oba Of Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
The Southeast chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has accused Imo State governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha for turning Imo into a state of anarchy, noting that he also has no respect for the Constitution, the judiciary or even the oath of allegiance he pledged during his swearing-in.

The party said this in a communiqué by its National Vice Chairman for the zone, Col Austin Akobundu (rtd.), against the backdrop of Okorocha’s insistence not to reinstate the sacked chairmen as directed by the court.

The statement reads in part, “Governor Rochas Okorocha is lawless and has turned Imo into a state of anarchy. He also has no respect for the Constitution, the judiciary or even the oath of allegiance he pledged during his swearing in.

“We condemn as reckless and unconstitutional, his decision to declare a three-day public holiday for local council workers in Imo state and in sending the heads of accounts and treasury on a three-week leave just to prevent the elected chairmen and councillors, who were reinstated by the Court of Appeal on July 5, 2012, from functioning in office. He had earlier prevented them from resuming.”

Speaking further, Akobundu noted that the Okorocha’s “provocative gimmicks not only amount to contempt of court, they are a calculated attempt to ridicule the Judiciary and overheat the polity. The actions of the Governor are condemnable. We demand that the LG workers be directed to resume at their desks immediately, to work with the reinstated chairmen, in the spirit of the Constitution.”

“Governor Okorocha had no genuine intention to obey the ruling of the Court of Appeal which directed that the LG Chairmen and Councillors, whom he arbitrarily sacked on assumption of office, be reinstated, hence he is resorting to undemocratic tactics to circumvent the court’s ruling,” he submitted.

http://dailypost.com.ng/2012/07/20/pdp-blasts-rochas-okorocha-you-lawless/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=pdp-blasts-rochas-okorocha-you-lawless
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
nawao for Rochas. He don Bleep up

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by iykak47: 3:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
This is the result of too much praise, he has forgotten in a hurry how the same court ruled in his favour when Ohakim took him to court.

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by miracle4(m): 7:33pm On Jul 20, 2012
now this is not very good
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by sirAmeh(m): 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
oga,take it easy.
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by vanunu: 7:37pm On Jul 20, 2012
We don't want PDP bandits in Imo, Rochas is right.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by four4: 7:39pm On Jul 20, 2012
Is it PDP dat is not lawless? Since when has court told PDP leed govt to reinstate SALAMI. Useless bunch of pple now comlaining of someone else

3 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2012
See PDP talking trash. is it my own Imo State that is in anarchy?. maybe is their individual families that is in anarchy. Losers crying woof

3 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Mrhod: 7:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
Okorucha fuckup but PDP nor get mouth 2 talk, dem nor no law
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Parsonpikin: 7:41pm On Jul 20, 2012
Would i say its as a result of too much praise or a strategy for an uninterupt governance cos as far as i'm concern i think he has is reason Would i say its as a result of too much praise or a strategy for an uninterupt governance cos as far as i'm concern i think he has is reason Would i say its as a result of too much praise or a strategy for an uninterupt governance cos as far as i'm concern i think he has is reason
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Mrhod: 7:42pm On Jul 20, 2012
Make PDP go rest gor dem no law.
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by slimdiggi: 7:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
Sofri sofri dear guv,d mind of d pple can change
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by economia: 7:46pm On Jul 20, 2012
Rochas, let me teach you how to respond to PDP talk: deliver to your people what the majority need most with minimum talk. Then you will win your people's mind with ease.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by alaoeri: 7:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
Same goes for GEJ for not reinstating justice salami.

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Tayo114: 7:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
Biafra4tharmy: nawao for Rochas. He don Bleep up
it,s just a small mistake. pdp shall stop condeming the man.
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by owobokiri(m): 7:50pm On Jul 20, 2012
Rochas knows what he is doing. He seem determined to save the purse of the LGs. I read somewhere that he odered the LGs to ensure that certain kilometers of road are tarred in their areas. If these PDP guys are reinstated and allowed access to state funds, they will loot everything in sight knowing that they will ultimately loose in the next elections. . Neverthless, He should swear them in as the judgement ordered, but it is his duty to put every administrative obstacle in their way to make sure that these corrupt ohakim LG excos dont loot state funds again till fresh elections are organised.

5 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by ortopazz(m): 7:52pm On Jul 20, 2012
vanunu: We don't want PDP bandits in Imo, Rochas is right.

seriously?

Only if PDP now see what it is like to play around tha court!
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by saviola24: 7:53pm On Jul 20, 2012
Wether in knw law or nt,na d person wey gv us gud governance we sabi. And so far. Rochas has been doing great tins in imo state. Wc local govt chairman re they talkin abt. Is it d ones ohakim rigged in or wat. Abeg, pdp make i hear word

2 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Martini101(m): 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
See the devil calling the angel black!

1 Like

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Sunofgod(m): 7:55pm On Jul 20, 2012
Rochas - Nigeria is watching . . .

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 20, 2012
Rochas should do the right thing.
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by faithbukky(m): 7:59pm On Jul 20, 2012
Rochas learnt it from th lesson plan of PDP Sec Sch. The IMO state Govthas filed an appeal to the Supreme Court. That would be subjudice?PDP should wait and stop blackmailing my Gov

3 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 20, 2012
rochas na pdp man dats why he dey buly dem
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Pride goes before a fall........I dont have to say more....
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by mrperfect(m): 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
This comment coming from pdp, it might not what people think.
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by dikepet470: 8:43pm On Jul 20, 2012
PDP should ask themselves why they refused to re instate Justice salami. Plsssssssssssss PDP, leave our Governor alone
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by PointB: 8:44pm On Jul 20, 2012
Are these not the same local govt chairmen that were illegally (s)slected at the twilight of Ohakim administration with the singular aim of rigging the Imo State election? I have no sympathy for them.

In the substantial matter of law and legality, I doubt if Rochas has broken the law. Sending support and admin staff on compulsory leave only buy him some time to manoeuvre; and that in my book is astute politicking, never illegality. Those chairmen will only be a clog in the wheel of his Rescue Mission. Keeping potential troublemakers in check is what is expected of every shrewd governor. I see more twist coming up in this saga nevertheless.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by kheart(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2012
vanunu: We don't want PDP bandits in Imo, Rochas is right.
i m with u on dis one.
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by dedeike: 9:01pm On Jul 20, 2012
PointB: Are these not the same local govt chairmen that were illegally (s)slected at the twilight of Ohakim administration with the singular aim of rigging the Imo State election? I have no sympathy for them.

In the substantial matter of law and legality, I doubt if Rochas has broken the law. Sending support and admin staff on compulsory leave only buy him some time to manoeuvre; and that in my book is astute politicking, never illegality. Those chairmen will only be a clog in the wheel of his Rescue Mission. Keeping potential troublemakers in check is what is expected of every shrewd governor. I see more twist coming up in this saga nevertheless.

You don't have sympathy for them but the law does. I have taken serious note of your ID and I await patiently the day you will come to criticise GEJ or any member of my party for breaching the laws of the land.
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by ayox2003: 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2012
Billyonaire: Pride goes before a fall........I dont have to say more....

Ofcourse...and pride killed Ohakim (PDP) in Imo state. cheesy cheesy

Frawzey
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by asha80(m): 9:18pm On Jul 20, 2012
if i am not mistaken ohakim went ahead to 'organise' local government election even when had given order on the contrary?who is fooling who?
Re: PDP Blasts Rochas Okorocha: You Are Lawless by PosCaricature: 9:24pm On Jul 20, 2012
I guess Rochas Okorocha does not want to re-contest for a second term. Otherwise, he would have respect the rule of law.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

20 Killed In Fresh Attacks By Boko Haram In Borno State / Governors Have No Right To Reduce Minimum Wage – FG / Buhari Can Nominate Ambassadors Anyway He Deems Fit: SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.