Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Let's Tell Seun Some Things He Already Knows - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Let's Tell Seun Some Things He Already Knows (780 Views)

What You Want To Tell SEUN Without Being Banned. / What Should I Tell Seun / Let's Tell Seun What He Already Knows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Let's Tell Seun Some Things He Already Knows by TerrySoft(m): 10:26am On Dec 10, 2007
Seun,

You asked:
Is there any Nairaland member who is a general nuisance on the forum? A scammer? A spammer? A jobber? A fraud? An irritant? A troll? Intolerant? Extremely confrontational? Anyone that ought to be banned?

I'm wondering why you choose to ask when to my own opinion, you are in the right position to answer these questions as the sole moderator of this forum. To me, i think you are causing more problems than what was on ground already because in a short while, there might be "fire on the mountain" many nairalanders may hit their heads together, by requesting that you ban perceived enemies in the house.

Be that as it may, i think i made a point in the mail i sent you immediately you went on a BREAK because in as much as u are competent cool, doing a good job lipsrsealed and you also know what to do to keep nairaland safe , you need a helping hand if not more hands (as moderators).

I quite remember one of your post on this issue, which you mentioned that you do not trust anyone, i think you are far from reality. Getting an assistant or more moderators has absolutely nothing to do with trust since you still have the overall administrative power, to demote, suspend or even ban for life any moderator who doesn't keep to the rules of the game.

Irrespective of the fact that i've just spent weeks at nairaland, i'm a moderator in two web development forums but definitely don't have the time to moderate Nairaland since i'm too busy with other forums and i'm not asking for it either but i'm gonna give you a hint as to what we do to keep the forum safe.

Nominate a moderator for each sub-section in the forum. For instance, under [b]Technology [/b]we have Programming, Webmasters, Computers, Phones, Games, Graphics, Technology Market and that will give you[b]7 [/b]moderators, 1 for each section. The same goes for [b]Entertainment [/b]which have Jokes Etc, TV/Movies, Music/Radio, Celebrities, Fashion, Sports, Literature, Forum Games which in turn will give you 8 moderators and so on for sub-sections in the General discussion category.

Once that is done, the moderators will have less work overseeing the activities in their sub-section alone and reporting defaulters (or spammers as u call them) directly to you for appropriate action. Now this may end you up with so many moderators but if you have up to 32 moderators for a 156212 [/b]members forum (and growing every day), you will then be running a forum moderated roughly at the ratio of 1:4800 which is more than double the normal 1:2000 standard laid down for open forums which nairaland happens to be one.

You will be surprise at the way things will turn out within a month. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

One last point, in your consideration for moderators, don't try digging into members history (though this advice is against the norm) but i personally agree that [b]if you give a thief something to keep in a crowded house, you will certainly have that thing when you want it since the one you gave charge over it is the same and only one who would have stolen it if it were given to someone else
. Now you know what i mean grin or at least, you can figure it out smiley smiley smiley smiley

Good luck WITH nairaland and thanks as you have returned from the BREAK unannounced.

I look forward to a better nairaland.
Re: Let's Tell Seun Some Things He Already Knows by skima(m): 10:30am On Dec 10, 2007
Seun: is the Forum back on? i want to be sure. in this Internet age i didn't expect to see that kinda action from a person of your calibre. Thank God you have changed your mind.
Re: Let's Tell Seun Some Things He Already Knows by skima(m): 11:15am On Dec 10, 2007
Gud talk terrysoft.

Seun you might not get 100% qualified candidate but am sure you will get upto 80% then the 20% will be learnt as the person continues.

Welcome back. "u don wake up"

(1) (Reply)

I Will Arrive Lagos 20/apr ,and I Want Rent A House / Set The Captives Free / Before Nairaland Is Bastardised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.