Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,647 members, 7,801,884 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting (1170 Views)

If You Masturbate And Ejaculate While Fasting Then Your Fasting Is Invalid / How Was Your Fasting Today? / What Time Do We Start And End Fasting In Ramadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Maisuya1: 6:51pm On Jul 20, 2012
I woke up past 4 am I met my wife already eating suhr (pre Dawn meal) I was like "ehen! so ur plan was not to wake me abi" but apparently she had tried to wake me like 3 times earlier.
Then we went for subhi prayers (Dawn prayer) the mosque was suprisingly full, in previuos days only 2 to 3 rows of the 7 rows in the mosque were filled, but today the mosque was so filled additional rows had to be created outside shocked call it Ramadan fever cheesy
... To be continued (I need to go break my fast) ? cool
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Cheers01: 7:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Mai-suya:
I woke up past 4 am I met my wife already eating suhr (pre Dawn meal) I was like "ehen! so ur plan was not to wake me abi" but apparently she had tried to wake me like 3 times earlier.
Then we went for subhi prayers (Dawn prayer) the mosque was suprisingly full, in previuos days only 2 to 3 rows of the 7 rows in the mosque were filled, but today the mosque was so filled additional rows had to be created outside shocked call it Ramadan fever cheesy
... To be continued (I need to go break my fast) ? cool

Salaam!

I woke up late but went to see the batman movie that came out today. Did not eat before going out to see the movie but I broke my fast with some coke and popcorn.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Maisuya1: 7:30pm On Jul 20, 2012
^^ good for u.......

ALLAH BLESS MY WIFE FOR PREPARING SUCH A TASTY IFTAAR

*to be continued
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by vedaxcool(m): 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2012
my day started with my anonying alarm waking me up, from 4: 30 to 4:50 it kept chanting, till I finally manage to wake up and head for my "kitchen" manage to scramble a meal before the call to prayer, then did my prayers . . . By 7 I left home for work. the day was going on swell till I started having a nagging headache . . . Possibly due to lack if sleep, Jummah came and I prayed, got a great spot under the sun lol grin, this further aggravated my headache . . . Then went back to the office and tried working . . . some rumor monger said official closing time which used to be 5. Is now 3, well by 3 everyone had scram and I heard one of our manager was pissed ( even the christians had evaporated likewise!) that talk na till monday . . . Any case got home did my Asr prayer went to the market to get some stuff and cooked my breaking fast meal . . . And off course the meal as I write is clearly downed like a syrian helicopter! Now its raining and the clap of the thunder has been quite loud! All well and good looking forward to praying tarrawih! grin cheesy in congregation if possible! Lol grin
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Maisuya1: 8:07pm On Jul 20, 2012
Ehen, as I was saying.... U should have seen the number of new faces in our mosque, u would think we were visited by angels in human form! So after my post subhi sleep I woke up around 9 am (took a day off from work) my wife insisted I drive her to the city suburb for a formal engagement, she managed to convince me to take her (she ended up spending the whole day there, almost costing us our dinner ). Well while driving back I saw a MR MIGGS and thot to myself " why not just drive in and have launch since my wife will be out all day" I had just packed when I realised - dude, u r fasting, common. Phew! That was close.... But then I remembered a Hadith which said who ever eat forgetfully while fasting he should stop as soon as he remembers and he should continue fasting, it was Allah that fed him.... Well I guess in my case Allah almost fed me, alhadulillah nonetheless....

*to be continued (after my taraweeh prayers)

1 Like

Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by mukina2: 9:23pm On Jul 20, 2012
Woke up for sahur, started the day well and ended it well.
first day was ok.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 21, 2012
Maisuya so this thread was meant for only the first day of Ramadan?
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Maisuya1: 6:34am On Jul 21, 2012
Well u can share any expirience as the days go by. May Allah accept our fasting.

*I just missed suhr.. sad
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 21, 2012
Mai-suya:

Sorry. Take it easy with your work so you don't break down.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Wizeboy(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2012
Alhamdulilahi... the first day went well. I pray that Almighty Allah will grant us power and strength in this Ramadan to really serve Him more than we have been doing before and also shower us His BLESSINGS in this holy month. His FAVOUR and MERCY will never cease in our life.

RAMADAN MUBARAK...
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by vedaxcool(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2012
Mai-suya:
Ehen, as I was saying.... U should have seen the number of new faces in our mosque, u would think we were visited by angels in human form! So after my post subhi sleep I woke up around 9 am (took a day off from work) my wife insisted I drive her to the city suburb for a formal engagement, she managed to convince me to take her (she ended up spending the whole day there, almost costing us our dinner ). Well while driving back I saw a MR MIGGS and thot to myself " why not just drive in and have launch since my wife will be out all day" I had just packed when I realised - dude, u r fasting, common. Phew! That was close.... But then I remembered a Hadith which said who ever eat forgetfully while fasting he should stop as soon as he remembers and he should continue fasting, it was Allah that fed him.... Well I guess in my case Allah almost fed me, alhadulillah nonetheless....

*to be continued (after my taraweeh prayers)

Lol! Quite a funny story!
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by vedaxcool(m): 9:07am On Jul 21, 2012
fellis: Maisuya so this thread was meant for only the first day of Ramadan?

Lol grin grin u sef!
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by mukina2: 10:16am On Jul 21, 2012
Mai-suya:
Well u can share any expirience as the days go by. May Allah accept our fasting.

sorry same thing happened to a pal yesterday.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Nobody: 10:53am On Jul 21, 2012
vedaxcool:

Lol grin grin u sef!
hey, it's not my fault. The topic had me wondering.
Vedax what happened your first day of Ramadan? How did it go? smiley
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by vedaxcool(m): 12:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
fellis:
hey, it's not my fault. The topic had me wondering.
Vedax what happened your first day of Ramadan? How did it go? smiley

Mine went on smoothly, I posted a summary in post 4.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Maleeq(m): 4:26pm On Jul 21, 2012
Alhamdulilahi, my first day went well. Got up early enough for sahur (partly thanks to Lagos' mad rush, where half the city wakes up extra early). The fast was ok.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 22, 2012
vedaxcool:

Mine went on smoothly, I posted a summary in post 4.
Sorry, I didn't see it before.
@topic,
I did not take Sahur today. grin
I slept really late last night and woke up after Sahur time.
I did set an alarm for breakfast but when the thing started to ring I just turned it off and went back to sleep.
Nsogbu a diro, I am used to going hungry.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Maisuya1: 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2012
I ve got 'cold', my wife has got it, I visited my mum she's got it too, her friend also has it. Is there any body battling with cold and fasting?
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by vedaxcool(m): 5:16pm On Jul 22, 2012
It seems u guys are on a loosing streak missing Suhr a trick is to set ur Alarm atleast an hour 30 mins before when u are suppose to normally wake works for me u could try setting 2 phones to ring at different time, if that does not work well trying not "off -ing" ur alarm for as long as it ring keep it a long distance from ur bed . . . Glad I have been on a winning streak with 2 near misses though grin, anyway Mai suya - wat a name- have cold too though it started b4 fasting, try buying vitamin C tabs take b4 and after fasting, and ginger also help, and avoid cold drinks and water! Not a doctor though so if symptom persist consult ur doctor! grin so asharuwa lafia!
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 22, 2012
^Forget that one, I sleep when I want to sleep. grin
Maisuya maybe you should change the title of the thread to "How did your fast go today?"
This first day business is probably scaring people off.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Maisuya1: 8:04pm On Jul 22, 2012
Change effected
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by mukina2: 12:10am On Jul 23, 2012
day 2 was bad sad

today was very fine.

looking forward to tomorrow.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by olawalebabs(m): 4:58am On Jul 23, 2012
To be sincere, it is not easy to be a bachelor during fasting, Lol. Mai suya, na you dey really enjoy fasting. Anyway, it's interesting am getting back in to the groove. To all the ladies preparing sahur and iftar, may Allah bless you, and to the men that provide for them, may Allah bless us too.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 23, 2012
I missed sahur again today o!
You people should pray for me to survive till this evening to come and write how my fast went considering that I ate corn flakes as dinner yesterday.
Re: Share How your fasting went today... Mine Was Interesting by Maisuya1: 9:13am On Jul 23, 2012
Ah! Iwo ti pari..........just kidding u will make it. There are people who just survive on a cup of water as suhr..... smiley

(1) (Reply)

How To Be 'happy' / Salam To My Brethren. Lets Read This! Read it all Thank You / Muslim Father In Norway Rapes His Daughter For Refusing To Dress Islamically

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.