Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? (10350 Views)

Projects Commissioned By Governor Ayodele Fayose Today (photos) / Delta State Governor's Lodge In Lagos Commissioned By Uduaghan (photos) / 2014 Budget: South West Neglects In The Allocation Of The Projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by nairawall: 7:54am On Jul 21, 2012
Can we list some of the successful projects gej has been able to commission done by his government? I am talking about projects his government initiated and implimented.

If lagos government can constantly commission world class projects with the limited access to oil funds, one is forced to wonder what really is GEJ and his team doing with our oil revenue.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by werepeLeri: 7:57am On Jul 21, 2012
he dey chop am - abi, no be the thing wey you wan hear be that?
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Kobojunkie: 7:58am On Jul 21, 2012
nairawall: Can we list some of the successful projects gej has been able to commission done by his government? I am talking about projects his government initiated and implimented.

If lagos government can constantly commission world class projects with the limited access to oil funds, one is forced to wonder what really is GEJ and his team doing with our oil revenue.

I can state that 99% of them are labeled "in progress" to date . . . so you might want to wait another 6 months like he said, if you are looking for tangible evidence of development.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by nairawall: 10:09am On Jul 21, 2012
but which of the projects are currently undergoing work outside the power project?

I would have expected smaller, easy to complete projects in the transport, manufacturing and agricultural sectors along side the power projects. We don't want projects that would be abandoned after few years.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by floriana(m): 10:26am On Jul 21, 2012
TOP 5:

1. The Gitto Construzioni Anglican church in otuoke

2. Patience Jonathan Permanent Secretary. appointment project

3. Chinco energy saving bulb

4. Aso rock Cassava bread

5. The presidential media chat project.

26 Likes

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Kobojunkie: 3:43am On Jul 22, 2012
nairawall: but which of the projects are currently undergoing work outside the power project?

I would have expected smaller, easy to complete projects in the transport, manufacturing and agricultural sectors along side the power projects. We don't want projects that would be abandoned after few years.

This is why it would be great if we had more people who would be willing to take a look at the Budget to understand where the money is supposed to go so that when they are told that work is being done, they can at least look in the budget to find out where to look for the changes they ought to expect, and if the claims being made are close to reality.

For instance consider the Nigerian refineries, do you know how many Billions of dollars we have paid to rehabilitate those in the last 4 years alone? Guess what? they are still not working-- it seems 2 of the 4 have not been online since January, yet we were only recently lied to by those in authority, that all of the refineries, including the 2 that have been down, were working ast about 60% generation capacity, and all of them would be at about 90% by end of this year, 2012. Can you beat that?
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by StarrMatthieu: 6:16am On Jul 22, 2012
Yeah!!
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by sherrylo: 8:27am On Jul 22, 2012
@Floriana which one is Aso rock cassava bread and Chinco energy savind bulb nah? Are those successful projects?
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by wandeay: 8:28am On Jul 22, 2012
everyday setting up of committe on different issues, very soon, he will inaugurate 'Committe on assisting First Lady to carry out her duty as a Perm. Sec'

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 22, 2012
1. BOKO HARAM security project. 2. Declaration of States of Emergency in States. 3. Employing Jega as the INEC Chairman. Besides these, i dnt know another. The guy allocates billions of naira and dollars to refinaries, powers with promises that Power will become ok by 2020

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Chidex2442(m): 8:30am On Jul 22, 2012
1. He successfuly looted dis country with subsidy removal scam
2. Setting up a commitee on d security challenge in d country! Still a heavy scam

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by moderatorr: 8:32am On Jul 22, 2012
2 early to rate him smiley
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by kennytidistar(m): 8:33am On Jul 22, 2012
i can tell you that 60% of the project in lagos is initiated by federal govt

let me ask you this question

how many state state properties are in Lagos?

because fashola always claimed to be the one executing federal project abi?

where is fashola when lagos state was federal capital territory?

the only thing he did was to bring BRT business and construct road for his business to strife so where is the dividend of democracy in lagos state when indeginous student pays @least 300,000 per annum for university education and charge taxes even when flood is sweeping lagosian i beg i no talk again.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by ifihearam: 8:37am On Jul 22, 2012
@poster
Kindly tell us what you have accomplished this year.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by nnemmpi(m): 8:43am On Jul 22, 2012
Gej is a complete fruad for now, but i dont regret voting for him let us give him more time to see if he wil deliver on his promises
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by OYINBOGOJU(m): 8:46am On Jul 22, 2012
VISION 2020

ALL HIS PROJECTS SHALL BE COMMISSION

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:58am On Jul 22, 2012
He BROUGHT Facebook to Nigeria grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Aifey(m): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2012
moderatorr: 2 early to rate him smiley
ur type is always d ves me. Jona na d woste thing tht has happend in Nigeria. So empty. Com 2 imo state n c wht rochas has done in 12monts. No b hype. I cry each time I buy fuel 97N. Nw 2realis is a scam. Farok, Boko, empty crud n forein reserv. Copers die 4d edioot. U can't smile 4anytin good of d admin. Over 1OOO deth in 1Yr. This is genocide. 2day is sunday b4 u wil here another bomb. Innocent peopl die whil his playin Politics.

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by whealthy(m): 9:03am On Jul 22, 2012
He has commissioned
1. Otedollas to incriminate Facrook
2. He has commissioned committee to review the report of the committee on the committee on fuel subsidy.
3.He has commissioned Chinese bulbs to save energy we don't have 4. He has commissioned Dame Jonathan as visiting Perm sec to bayelsa
5. He has commissioned cluelessness as National transformation strategy.
6.He has commissioned the everly effective 40 laptop squad (toh bad, dey will soon be here)
7. He has appointed Dasuki to go round collecting phone numbers and contacts of Boko Haram.
8. He has made el-rufai jobless! The poor man facebooks, tweets and collects anti government articles 24/7 . Pity!
9. He has brought fresh air!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by sholasho(m): 9:07am On Jul 22, 2012
kennytidistar: i can tell you that 60% of the project in lagos is initiated by federal govt

let me ask you this question

how many state state properties are in Lagos?

because fashola always claimed to be the one executing federal project abi?

where is fashola when lagos state was federal capital territory?

the only thing he did was to bring BRT business and construct road for his business to strife so where is the dividend of democracy in lagos state when indeginous student pays @least 300,000 per annum for university education and charge taxes even when flood is sweeping lagosian i beg i no talk again.
Do you reside in Lagos?
BRT is not the only thing he has done in Lagos. As to the university education sch fee, I can't really say anything about that for now.
For Taxes it has to be paid one might not see the usefullness right away but if the funds are not looted then surely it will yield out fine.
No sides! Fashola dey try o!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by edicolove: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2012
nairawall: Can we list some of the successful projects gej has been able to commission done by his government? I am talking about projects his government initiated and implimented.

Please can you tell us the world class projects that Fashola has commisioned. All we see are propaganda projects just like the Tinubu enron scam. The Oshodi apapa expressway is being fixed by GEJ, not Fashola. The Lagos Ibadan railway was fixed by GEJ not Fashola. The modernisation of that rail track has just being commisioned for work by GEJ not Fashola. Fashola has done well in transportation, beautification and environment, traffic decongestion but he has failed woefully in Education, health care, roads, flood control, waterways, essential services particularly water. Please don't compare GEJ with Fashola because GEJ still has the benefit of doubt after one year. He could eventually perform or he could fail badly but Fashola has gone five years and all I can see is propaganda.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by izzo22: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2012
Chidex2442: 1. He successfuly looted dis country with subsidy removal scam
2. Setting up a commitee on d security challenge in d country! Still a heavy scam
what is subsidy scam?!...u don't even kn wat the removal was for..we hv to take God for d removal..dis country was bin looted dry by some big shoot politicians from d ruling party and others top parties ....even d CPC soon to be presidential candidate has also acknowledge dis fact and advice d govt to go after past leads dat has managed d sector

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by brightmon: 9:07am On Jul 22, 2012
Jonathan, needs about N7 trillion to complete its developmental schemes.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by Nobody: 9:08am On Jul 22, 2012
If GEJ chopped the money, what can you do about it....I say Nathing......na wetin u wan hear be dat. GEJ has done nothing with the Niger-Delta Oil Money,,.....what you wanna do...you wanna come take the oil well in my backyard for village.......?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by tEsLim(m): 9:13am On Jul 22, 2012
He thinks setting up committees means executing projects. You will have more committees soon. He is more focused on committees, thats how a country can progress. Words, words, words.
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by adeniyikassim: 9:14am On Jul 22, 2012
Gej does not possess any good score card to come back again he and his cabals has failed us.we should all pray for our futureand forget about these frudulent being
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by killuminati(m): 9:17am On Jul 22, 2012
Mtscheeeeeew! Abeg, all the single ladies, add me up on ma nu blackberry bold 5(283245D7). Mwahgrin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by edicolove: 9:17am On Jul 22, 2012
While I think scoring GEJ now will be too early, I can jumpstart that with the following:

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70.

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers. Farmers database is being compiled nationwide and improved seedlings are being distributed to them.

The power roadmap is on as you know and PHCN has been unbundled. The PIB has been sent to the NASS and is expected to be passed into law as soon as it scales the NASS.

Like I said, we hope he succeeds for the benefit of Nigeria but I will prefer to start accessing him at least, after 2 to 3 years.

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by whealthy(m): 9:18am On Jul 22, 2012
edicolove:

Please can you tell us the world class projects that Fashola has commisioned. All we see are propaganda projects just like the Tinubu enron scam. The Oshodi apapa expressway is being fixed by GEJ, not Fashola. The Lagos Ibadan railway was fixed by GEJ not Fashola. The modernisation of that rail track has just being commisioned for work by GEJ not Fashola. Fashola has done well in transportation, beautification and environment, traffic decongestion but he has failed woefully in Education, health care, roads, flood control, waterways, essential services particularly water. Please don't compare GEJ with Fashola because GEJ still has the benefit of doubt after one year. He could eventually perform or he could fail badly but Fashola has gone five years and all I can see is propaganda.
If all you can see is propaganda, where have you been looking at? From where er you looking from? Even pdp cheiftains see and comment say fashola na person. You get cattaract??

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by whealthy(m): 9:18am On Jul 22, 2012
edicolove:

Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by tonyx4x44(m): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2012
JTF
Re: What Are The Projects Commissioned By Gej? by daminho(m): 9:25am On Jul 22, 2012
1. He changed UNILAG to MAULAG
2. He increased fuel price from 71naira to 97naira
3. He has been to brazil(rio de janeiro for that matter, ow many of u guys don go brazil?)
4. He allowed free n fair election in EDO
5.He gave Reuben Abati a job and made El rufai jobless
6. He sets up committees
Abeg him don try...back to my garri and kuli jooor

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Abiola's Family Received Nothing From IBB - Family Head / Nigeria Loses $966m To Crude Oil Swap Deal – NEITI / Deltans, Edo Will Form A United Kingdom With Oduduwa If Nigeria Breaks Up.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.