Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 (1448 Views)

Bible Students / Calling Bible Students To Evaluate These Verses: Davidlyan, Frosbel, Goshen Etc / Bible Study For Bible Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by ijawkid(m): 8:10am On Jul 21, 2012
Zechariah 12:10;;::

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
And I will pour upon the house of David, and
upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit
of grace and of supplications: and they shall
look upon ME whom they have pierced, and they
shall mourn for him, as one mourns for his only
son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one
that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

John 19:37

New Living Translation (©2007)
and "They will look on the one they pierced."
English Standard Version (©2001)
And again another Scripture says, “They will
look on him whom they have pierced.”
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
And again another Scripture says, "THEY
SHALL LOOK ON HIM WHOM THEY
PIERCED."
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And again another scripture saith, They shall
look on him whom they pierced.

Who was pierced at zechariah 12:10 and who was pierced @ john 19:37??

The KJV and some other translations read zechariah 12:10 as if Yahweh was pierced and killed,but John who was quoting from zechariah @ john 19:37 says otherwise(that Yehshua was the one pierced)....

Is there some mistranslation , some grammatical errors in trying to exegete zechariah 12:10 or really Yahweh did die??

I want nairalanders to come do justice to this 2 verses....
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by buzugee(m): 9:07am On Jul 21, 2012
exegete ? grin grin big big grammar.
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by buzugee(m): 9:20am On Jul 21, 2012
the new testament is written from the old testament. if you have read both testaments extensively, you will notice that the old testament is always referenced in the new testament with these words SCRIPTURE SAYS . here is an example of such reference. malachi 1 vs 3 being referenced from romans 9 vs 13. and deuteronomy 32 vs 21 being referenced from romans 10 vs 19. SO BASICALLY THE NEW TESTAMENT IS A REGURGITATION OF THE OLD TESTAMENT with the addition of pauls letters.

so back to your question. they both refer to Christ whom the world calls Jesus.
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by ijawkid(m): 9:40am On Jul 21, 2012
buzugee: the new testament is written from the old testament. if you have read both testaments extensively, you will notice that the old testament is always referenced in the new testament with these words SCRIPTURE SAYS . here is an example of such reference. malachi 1 vs 3 being referenced from romans 9 vs 13. and deuteronomy 32 vs 21 being referenced from romans 10 vs 19. SO BASICALLY THE NEW TESTAMENT IS A REGURGITATION OF THE OLD TESTAMENT with the addition of pauls letters.

so back to your question. they both refer to Christ whom the world calls Jesus.

I knw that they both refer to d messiah...

But d lil problem is zechariah in some translations make it sound like it was Yahweh who was pierced......

Just take a look @ zechariah 12:10 I quoted up there...:-)
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by ijawkid(m): 9:41am On Jul 21, 2012
buzugee: exegete ? grin grin big big grammar.

Lol..

No mind d grammar joor......
U guys are the ones I'm learning this big big grammar from....:-)
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by buzugee(m): 10:07am On Jul 21, 2012
ahhhhh i see were you are coming from. in the zechariah verse, they ( israelites ) pierced the lord by rejecting his word while they literally pierced his son for the word. get it ? if you disobey your father then you have pierced his heart and if in the process of disobeying your father you stab your brother who brought you your fathers instruction to go and wash the car, then you pierced your brother too. double punch. spiritual and physical piercing. double combo punch both to father and son.
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by beylinko(m): 10:33am On Jul 21, 2012
John 19-37 is simply d fulfilment of d prophesy in zech. if u read d vs 9 of dat ZECH u wil discover dat it ws talkn abt wats gonna hapn in d future.
Readin vs 10 of Zech again" And i wil pour upon d house of David..." did it occur 2 u dat d house of david ws specificaly mentiond n not d house of levi or odas.
It wil also interest u 2 know Dat Jesus christ came tru dis lineage(mat 1 vs 1-17). Also,wat do u cal d soldiers nt breakin Jesus bone n breakin dat of d oda 2.it's not a coincident neither is it out of sheer williness but dat d scripture be fulfild. Wat interest me most is y cant dat soldier jst let him be afta refusin 2 break his bones,must he pierce him? LET LEAVE D ANSW 4 ANODA DAY
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by ijawkid(m): 12:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
buzugee: ahhhhh i see were you are coming from. in the zechariah verse, they ( israelites ) pierced the lord by rejecting his word while they literally pierced his son for the word. get it ? if you disobey your father then you have pierced his heart and if in the process of disobeying your father you stab your brother who brought you your fathers instruction to go and wash the car, then you pierced your brother too. double punch. spiritual and physical piercing. double combo punch both to father and son.

So u mean that Yehshua been pierced indirectly means Yahawah was pierced too since Yehshua was his representative??

Is that what u mean??

Or d same analogy could be applied when those who touch Gods people,indirectly touch d eye ball of God.....
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by ijawkid(m): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
beylinko: John 19-37 is simply d fulfilment of d prophesy in zech. if u read d vs 9 of dat ZECH u wil discover dat it ws talkn abt wats gonna hapn in d future.
Readin vs 10 of Zech again" And i wil pour upon d house of David..." did it occur 2 u dat d house of david ws specificaly mentiond n not d house of levi or odas.
It wil also interest u 2 know Dat Jesus christ came tru dis lineage(mat 1 vs 1-17). Also,wat do u cal d soldiers nt breakin Jesus bone n breakin dat of d oda 2.it's not a coincident neither is it out of sheer williness but dat d scripture be fulfild. Wat interest me most is y cant dat soldier jst let him be afta refusin 2 break his bones,must he pierce him? LET LEAVE D ANSW 4 ANODA DAY

Lol...

U can put up a different post for that so we can deliberate on it.....

Thanks for ur exegesis.......
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by buzugee(m): 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2012
ijawkid:

So u mean that Yehshua been pierced indirectly means Yahawah was pierced too since Yehshua was his representative??

Is that what u mean??
Nope this is what i mean. Yahawah was not pierced indirectly. he is pierced directly anytime any of his children reject his word. then Christ was pierced directly for the word ( physically ). SO THE POINT HERE IS THEY WERE BOTH PIERCED. one was pierced by you rejecting his word, the other was physically pierced. so what that verse is attempting to tell you is the lord telling you they will look upon him whom they have pierced by looking at his son whom they physically pierced. because the physical manifestation of the son in the last days will be proof that God exists. so by seeing the son, you are looking at the son whom you pierced physically and the father whom you pierced spiritually by rejecting his word.
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by ijawkid(m): 12:23pm On Jul 21, 2012
buzugee: Nope this is what i mean. Yahawah was not pierced indirectly. he is pierced directly anytime any of his children reject his word. then Christ was pierced directly for the word ( physically ). SO THE POINT HERE IS THEY WERE BOTH PIERCED. one was pierced by you rejecting his word, the other was physically pierced. so what that verse is attempting to tell you is the lord telling you they will look upon him whom they have pierced by looking at his son whom they physically pierced. because the physical manifestation of the son in the last days will be proof that God exists. so by seeing the son, you are looking at the son whom you pierced physically and the father whom you pierced spiritually by rejecting his word.

I understand u completely......

Father was pierced in a spiritual sense...

While Yehshua d son was pierced physically....

The truth is many have falsely explained this verse to mean Yahawah was d one who was physically pierced and killed ,all to prove d trinity doctrine that Jesus is d almighty God......

Then I ask can the almighty die??
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by buzugee(m): 12:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
ijawkid:

I understand u completely......

Father was pierced in a spiritual sense...

While Yehshua d son was pierced physically....

The truth is many have falsely explained this verse to mean Yahawah was d one who was physically pierced and killed ,all to prove d trinity doctrine that Jesus is d almighty God......

Then I ask can the almighty die??
hey you do know scripture says there will be heresies in the last days. i reiterate for final emphasis. yes Father was pierced by the rejection of his word. Son was pierced for being the deliverer of the word.

the trinity doctrine is in a way biblical but it shouldnt be focused on the way some people focus on it. it should not be a point of focus. basically there must be constant uninterrupted communication between the father and the world so he can continue to direct things on earth as he wants things to be. this constant-uninterrupted communication is achieved by the trinity of the father, the son christ who when he died for the israelites caused spiritual ressurection of the elect of the israelites through whom God controls things on earth, and the third part of the trinity is the holy spirit in the israelites ( every spirit in man is bipartisan. there is a holy side and a satanic side ). the holy spirit in man, the blood of christ, and the father make up the trinity that ensure constant uninterrupted communication between the heavenly realm and the earthly physical realm. thats all it is. the catholic church place too much emphasis on it. they have taken it to a form of idolatry
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by buzugee(m): 12:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
when i say the trinity doctrine is biblical i dont mean christ and the lord are the same people cheesy . all i am saying is it takes 3 for the communication between earth and heaven to be accomplished
1-the father
2-the blood of the son
3-the holy spirit in man.

so the father is not the son. thats just crazy talk. they are 2 different seperate entities.
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by ijawkid(m): 12:57pm On Jul 21, 2012
buzugee: when i say the trinity doctrine is biblical i dont mean christ and the lord are the same people cheesy . all i am saying is it takes 3 for the communication between earth and heaven to be accomplished
1-the father
2-the blood of the son

so the father is not the son. thats just crazy talk. they are 2 different seperate entities.

Ur welcome.....

I like ur thought on this issue,,,

Oya this is d last time I'll give u my email for us to chat....d next time I remind u I'll send bokoharam along with it...lol

Email me now on::
wagskehinde@yahoo.com

I'm waiting bro...
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by buzugee(m): 1:01pm On Jul 21, 2012
ijawkid:

Ur welcome.....

I like ur thought on this issue,,,

Oya this is d last time I'll give u my email for us to chat....d next time I remind u I'll send bokoharam along with it...lol

Email me now on::
wagskehinde@yahoo.com

I'm waiting bro...
LOL abeg no send boko haram cry
Re: Bible Students Come Up Here And Exegete Zechariah 12:10 Vs John 19:37 by beylinko(m): 10:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
buzugee: when i say the trinity doctrine is biblical i dont mean christ and the lord are the same people cheesy . all i am saying is it takes 3 for the communication between earth and heaven to be accomplished
1-the father
2-the blood of the son

pls i don't get u. Are u sayin father,son n d holyspirt are different?
See it is God appearing 2 man in 3 forms yet stil 1.it is lyk holdin a diamond wit different faces. In D old testament,he did it tru his mighty works,tru fire,mighty winds e.t.c. 4 dos people close 2 him lyk abraham,moses,noah n odas,he spoke 2 them. Stil dat same old testament wen he created d earth"...d spirit of God moved upon d waters and God said(word)GEN 1 :2-3. creatd d world by d word(JESUS) with d spirit(stil God). Jn 1:1"IN D BEGINING WS D WORD N D WORD WS WITH GOD N D WORD" 4 people lyk Daniel,jeremiah,d 3 hebrew boys his spirit ws on them.
Coming 2 d new testament God had 2 come in tru Jesus in human form. He is an image of God n all acc6plirhment ws wit d father n d holyspirit.. He said"me n my father are 1 n without him i can do nothin"
zech said prophesyin" in dat day i will pour out M Y spirit upon u..." so dnt get it twisted.
After his earthly mission(which is to redeem us n bring us back to God),d holyspirit becomes our link 2 God

(1) (Reply)

God Can Not Lie! / Beware Of Deceivers. Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye. / Pastor Kumuyi Explains Why Watching Of Television Was Discouraged (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.