Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,451 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen (14344 Views)

Ondo Farmers Reject Proposed Grazing Routes For Fulani Herdsmen / APC Senators Fight As Truce Meeting Fails Again - Punch / Senators Fight Over State Of Nation Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
What a joke. Blood-thirsty people allowed to roam down south? The truth is that these guys love to deceive themselves. Please enjoy your ramadan peacefully and allow christians enjoy xmas when the time comes.

Focus on eradicating poverty and desertification in north and also work on your people to be more moderate and tolerant to people of different religion.

If you do that, you can have the bill endorsed.

Cheers.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
aribisala0: There is one thing that needs to be done rather than letting off steam pointlessly.Can any of the younger,more resourceful Nairalanders gather and[b] publish e-mail addresses of as many national assembly members so that a campaign of e-mails is started to let them know how people feel.That way it would not be said that we heard and did nothing!![/b]
Your suggestion is quite novel and should be taken seriously. Infact, a thread on that should be started.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by PapaBrowne(m): 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
The solution is simple. Rearing cattle is big business. The market is worth over 5 Billion Dollars. Southerners and Middle belters should start rearing their own cattle and knock these guys out of business. When there is no body to buy those Fulani Borodo cattle anymore they would not have any need for grazing land. In many countries across the world, cattle is farmed. Grazing nomadically is old school. Countries like Netherlands and Denmark are amongst the biggest dairy produces yet they have very limited land supply. They don't graze.
Imagine if cattle was farmed in Ogun state, the cost of cattle would be cheaper by dozens for the bulk of Lagosians for the simple reason that the cost of Transportation would be much less since the cattle doesn't have to come from all the way Sokoto! Plus better farming practices and you get even fatter & healthier cows. We are at their mercy because the meat we eat comes from them!

Business is the solution. Southerns should start farming cattle! Simple. I'm working on a project in that light.

10 Likes

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by ODB1: 1:36pm On Jul 21, 2012
aribisala0: The issue is about taking resonsibility.
A modern cattle farmer must PRODUCE food for his animals.

This requires a shift in mental paradigm [/b]but this is not the responsibility of ALL Nigerians.Other commercial activities e.g textiles, palm oil,rubber and groundnut and even rice production have lost ground to foreign competition so there is really no big deal about cattle.If we cannot produce it competitively we import it or eat alternatives KINI BIG DEAL?
The sad and unfortunate reality is that there are obvious synergies in Northern Nigeria between farmers and cattle rearers if they can settle their differences and strategize for the future

[b]You said it all.
Why should the rest of us conform to the traditions of a wandering nomad?
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by nagoma(m): 1:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
991: how narrow minded the hausa/fulanis are to think that we don't know their hidden agenda? otherwise, what happened to Intensive Animal Farming? bunch of filthy savages!!!
No body hates like you. Congratulations no 1 hater.we can afford to slaughter 1800 cows in lagos alone on a daily bases without importation because of these resources. I agree tha migratory cattle rearing is becoming out of date but we expect the legislators to come out with a policy to regulate this aspect of the lives of Nigerians and streamline animal production into the economy. That's one of the reasons why there is a senate and representation.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by tpia5: 1:40pm On Jul 21, 2012
Rearing cattle is not easy.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Afam4eva(m): 1:42pm On Jul 21, 2012
These northern politicians arer spoiling for war and if they desist from their attitude, this nation will not contain all of us.

Don't these Fulani people have villages? Why can't they stay in their various villages and graze their cattle there. If they must go outside their region then they have to buy lands with their money. They're business men, so I don't see why they should be allotted grazing land in every region. It is unreasonable and stup1d and anybody who supports this should be locked up in Ikoyi maximum priison, because it's a terrorist act. Nonsense.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by aribisala0(m): 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2012
politics sometimes is like chess move and counter move.provocation and anticipation.
Southerner should not totally discountenance such a bill but look at practicalities too.
The wording of of such a bill does not have to specify "Fulani" and may also specify[b] WALLOW RESERVES for Pigs[/b] too.I would certainly be investing in a Pig settlement in Zamfara state

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by size38: 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2012
If they need grazing land, there are vast arable of land in the north. Who in his right senses will make snake a neighbor? God forbid this bill. It shld opposed vehemently. Imagin taking part of my heritage to a fulani man in the name of grazing land? Infact, i dont even need their cow meat because i have fish as substitute for meat. Simple
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by phreakabit(m): 2:13pm On Jul 21, 2012
[size=18pt]Important things to note:[/size]

1, NOT ALL FULANIS ARE NIGERIANS

2, THE ULTIMATE GOAL HERE IS INFILTRATION

3 WHICH WILL PENULTIMATELY LEAD TO AN ALL OUT supporter of APC STYLE ASSAULT BY THE FULANIS ON THEIR HOST COMMUNITIES.

Food for thought. . . .

6 Likes

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Diligence: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
"He said instead of establishing a grazing reserve for nomads, the FG should settle them in the North, where there are large acres of uninhabited land." He that hath an ear, let him ear...

1 Like

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by phreakabit(m): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2012
Diligence: "He said instead of establishing a grazing reserve for nomads, [size=18pt]the FG should settle them in the North, where there are large acres of uninhabited land[/size]." He that hath an ear, let him ear...

This would be the best action to take.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by spyder880(m): 2:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
@ aribisala0, you make a lot of sense.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by logica(m): 2:41pm On Jul 21, 2012
Have these donkeys ever even paid for the grass they graze?
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
gboss4sure: Here is the solution. Since the fulani people needs grazing lands, migrate one of the state in the north and convert the whole state into a grazing field and leave the south east alone unless you guys want to see more bloodshed cause igbos wont take any nonsense in their land.
gboss4sure: Here is the solution. Since the fulani people needs grazing lands, migrate one of the state in the north and convert the whole state into a grazing field and leave the south east alone unless you guys want to see more bloodshed cause igbos wont take any nonsense in their land.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by k9ine(m): 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
Wonders shall never end. Una wan dash land to Huasa/Fulani and their born-to-rule people sey?
I say no to this bill.
Cattle rearing is a business. How can the FG acquire land belonging natives and give it to commercial herders.
How much does d FG earn as revenue from this herders.
They currently attack, r. ape and destroy the host's crops and bear arms even in the streets, and all sorts of terrible things to their host communities.
Decades to come they will be fighting for more land, an emir, local government e.t.c. in the south.
Let the Northern states find a way to establish ranches for herders on northern soil, then they may 'export' beer, or dairy etc. down south.
THIS IS AN ECONOMIC, POLITICAL AND EASY MILITARISTIC WAY TO CONQUER THE SOUTH.
Don't say I did not tell you.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by mooninsun(m): 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2012
Must the cattle rearer think like their cows which need a spiritual tick before they could recollect the right way they need to take?
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by 9jii(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
[quote author=9ja_I_hail]Northern politicians will die with their dominance nature,this has been the problem of Nigeria,whenever northern politicians wants to manipulate and others checkmate them the next thing they will come up with is to plan heavy violence using nomads in other to draw attention.Same thing that started Boko Haram.You all should expect another form of boko haram in form of nomads.Bunch
of vampires.Born to rule is not your birth

mtsss!you dont understand anything.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by tempest01(m): 3:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
with the grazing route comes settling. With settling comes breeding n expansion with the mentioned comes a need for more grazing land....which will bring more crises. I think this nothern people are bent on spreading the 'fulani menance' thereby reducing the effects on them.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by 9jii(m): 3:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
phreakabit:

This will be the best action to take.

thank you,
instead of insult you highlight d besy point.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by kaeto(m): 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2012
I see this islamic northern/fulani shameless charade of a bill pointing at one thing;every state and region should start practicing ranching of cows, for christ's sake the time for this practice is long overdue, let every LGA in the south and middle belt own at least a massive cattle ranch let's then see if these killer fulanis won't exodus to mali, cameroun,sudan.etc.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by kaeto(m): 3:22pm On Jul 21, 2012
I see this islamic northern/fulani shameless charade of a bill pointing at one thing;every state and region should start practicing ranching of cows, for christ' s sake the time for this practice is long overdue , let every LGA in the south and middle belt own at least a massive cattle ranch let's then see if these killer fulanis won't exodus to mali, cameroun,sudan.etc.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Abagworo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 21, 2012
I 1st suggested this solution on Nairaland even before the Senators proposed it. I think as Nigerians people, we would prefer continuous war over nothing.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Yujin(m): 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2012
@Topic, ANY RANCH TO BE CREATED BY THEIR STATE GOVERNORS SHOULD BE LOCATED IN THE CORE NORTH. Must the federal govt. be involved in anything that concerns the core north?
I can never be surprised by what these core northerners come up with. I have always said it that their plan is still on course. Who in his right frame of mind can come up with such proposal if not these people? They have no regard for your welfare, even if it means others should die. Was it not namfav who said all farmers in nigeria should fence their farmlands if they want to avoid the fulanis' cattles?
FACT: The hausa/fulani major plan is to overrun nigeria and islamize it. Their strategy is grand. They already have a strong hold in the army which they plan to use at the appropriate time. They want to have a grip on the economy through Aliko and Sanusi(Islamic/Jaiz banking); it sounds unrealistic but true. If left unchecked, we would wake up to see it staring us in the face. The recent upsurge in herdsmen/farmers' clash is because fulanis from neighbouring countries have been invited to contribute to the forceful establishment of the dreamt estate of their father-The Sardaunan Sokoto- Ahmadu Bello. If it succeeds, it will be the greatest conquest of an african group of the millenium. They know that time is not on their side that is why they prosposed this bill targeted at stationing armed men(fulani herdsmen) all over the regions. The fight is a must(remember buhari's dogs & baboons soaked in blood) and they know the south & mb will never agree but typical of them, they will always try. Mind you, they will still come up with things that will seek to pitch other regions against themselves like they did in benue/enugu border; expect more.
Summarily, since the south have decided to be on the defensive, arm yourselves and remain vigilant for the evil day is near. FG cannot protect you.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Boazizzy08: 3:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
This issue is a very sensitive one which needs more than a second thought.but i believe Gov will soon end this nomads madness .
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 21, 2012
Solving 2012 problems with 1856 solution!....come to think of it when did Malians,Senegalese and Camerounians become Nigerians?
Lord Lugard what did u smoke dat sunny day in 1914?

1 Like

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by manbuchai: 4:38pm On Jul 21, 2012
They are chasing away the southerners from Northern Nigeria,killing and bombing southerners in worship and business centers.At the same time wants to be given some portions of our land for their cows to graze.Expansionist programme!they want to islamize 9ja,southerners should be on alert or else they will be taken unawares.This folks should not be given a chance,i have spoken.

1 Like

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by tunnytox(m): 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
Thank God that at least we're not in the military era, these nomadic cattle rearers could even use by backyard for their grazing without asking for my permission. Mtchewwww that bill is SATANIC angry
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Ozonna(m): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
PapaBrowne: The solution is simple. Rearing cattle is big business. The market is worth over 5 Billion Dollars. Southerners and Middle belters should start rearing their own cattle and knock these guys out of business. When there is no body to buy those Fulani Borodo cattle anymore they would not have any need for grazing land. In many countries across the world, cattle is farmed. Grazing nomadically is old school. Countries like Netherlands and Denmark are amongst the biggest dairy produces yet they have very limited land supply. They don't graze.
Imagine if cattle was farmed in Ogun state, the cost of cattle would be cheaper by dozens for the bulk of Lagosians for the simple reason that the cost of Transportation would be much less since the cattle doesn't have to come from all the way Sokoto! Plus better farming practices and you get even fatter & healthier cows. We are at their mercy because the meat we eat comes from them!

Business is the solution. Southerns should start farming cattle! Simple. I'm working on a project in that light.

Mimiko is training some pple on cattle-rearing in Ondo(saw it on TV). A Guber Aspirant in Anambra now has a cattle ranch (my friend has been there). So with time, southerners/middle beltans will start producing beef.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by tiwasiaife(m): 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2012
Point of correction! Nsukka is in Enugu state not Anmanbra state.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
Seriously! These Northern politicians are beyond dumb. In this age and time, they are advocating cattle rearing by roaming all over the country instead of ranching. Why can't the Fulanis grow what the cattle will eat in a ranch as is done in modern societies?

The bill should never see light of day. It's plain stupid.
Re: Senators Fight Over Grazing Land For Fulani Herdsmen by 9javoice1(m): 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2012
by Abagworo(m): 3:24pm
I 1st suggested this solution on Nairaland even before the Senators proposed it. I think as Nigerians people, we would prefer continuous war over nothing.

Sometimes when i read your writeups, i don't blv you are a real igbo man. anyway am not sure you are. you can be alhharem with other id.

there is a proverb that says "what we wore on our hands needs no mirror to see it". its obvious Fulani's has ulterior motive against us all.

that is why i said that our SW brothers should desist from BUHARI,no matter his pretence ABOUT GEJ incompetenc. all ths are game plan by FULANI'S.
when you follow them you might tink they are honest but b4 you find out they are dubious it will be late.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Dismisses Obaseki’s Application Seeking To Stop 'Forged Certificate' Case / What Utter Madness - Civil Defence Corps Now To Carry Arms / How Would You Solve The Boko Haram Crisis?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.