Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:34 AM

Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? (89456 Views)

List Of Nigeria's Best Performing Governors Since May 29 Inauguration - CGPI / Worst Performing Governors According To CGPI October Report / Top 15 Most Performing Governors In Nigeria By Premiumratings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by judacglobe(m): 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
Okorocha fashola chime
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Akintoso: 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2012
Listen to me without any egocentrism, d list is best arranged in dis order. Fasola, Akpabio, Rochas, Oshiomole, Mimiko. All d best. Thank you.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by decrox199(m): 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2012
adefo:

Pls wat has mimiko done to transform ondo state
numerous τ̅☺ mention...take A̶̲̥̅̊ trip τ̅☺ D̶̲̥̅̊ state n c 4urself

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by bokohalal(m): 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2012
edicolove:

Are you a comedian? Or you just don't want to hear it as it is. What part of what I said is a lie? You must be delusional. PDP my as!s. My id1ot governor is PDP and I am his biggest critic. You keep saying PDP and all the people around Oshiomole right now are PDP criminals. So who are you fooling? Some of you ACN folks don't just know how to take the stick but you like to dish it out. Funny how what goes around comes around? Tell it as it is. If he does right, praise him. If he does poorly, stick it up to him. Only thing that pisses me off is when some of you show you are bigots in your responses and you call it criticism. I talk about Edo state because I know the place wella. So deal with it.

You still did not answer the question.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by edicolove: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2012
bokohalal: We know Edicolove is saddened by PDP loss in Edo state. Pray,name the state government that is building factories in Nigeria. Edo state government ic providing the basic needs for its people after a period of retrogression occassioned by the PDP.And based on the resources available to Oshiomole,most Edos beleive he is doing wonderfully well.
Performance by a governor should be premised on its resources.Mention of Akpabio,Amaechi and even Fashola does not do justice to Oshiomole,Chime or Lamido.

Are you a comedian? Or you just don't want to hear it as it is. What part of what I said is a lie? You must be delusional. PDP my as!s. My id1ot governor is PDP and I am his biggest critic. You keep saying PDP and all the people around Oshiomole right now are PDP criminals. So who are you fooling? Some of you ACN folks don't just know how to take the stick but you like to dish it out. Funny how what goes around comes around? Tell it as it is. If he does right, praise him. If he does poorly, stick it up to him. Only thing that pisses me off is when some of you show you are bigots in your responses and you call it criticism. I talk about Edo state because I know the place wella. So deal with it.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
Here they are:

Sullivan Chime - Enugu
Raji Fashola - Lagos
Godswill Akpabio - Akwa-Ibom
Chibuike Amaechi - Rivers
Rochas Okorocha - Imo
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by jason123: 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2012
bokohalal:

You still did not answer the question.

I replied your topic in the religion section.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Kunlegzy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2012
Fadola2: you are correct, mimiko of ondo state should be among d 3 best govs in nig. he won almost all d awards meant for govs in nig, if you have being to ondo stäte for a long time, u might miss your way.

God bless Ɣ☺u , mimiko ȋ̝̊̅§ Iπ τђε top three
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by asha80(m): 7:53pm On Jul 21, 2012
sniperwolf: I stay in Owerri, Imo state. Is ROCHAS performance not over hyped? The only industry here in Owerri is HOTELS is that the benefit of democracy?
errm i am sure it is rochas that built those hotels most of them built before he came into office?so you expect government to build industry and bank to employ you to work no be so?you want government to run businesses abi?you do know what government is supposed to okwa ya?even if government is to build industry self it is supposed to do it in a year?
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Kunlegzy(m): 7:56pm On Jul 21, 2012
jmaine:

Simply because you seek to campaign for Mimiko second tenure, you just had to floor others for his sake undecided . . .

S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ when he sees τђε truth now he should not speak it abi, why don't U̶̲̥̅ start stucking others that ve been writing two pages of letter full of admiration Fø̲̣̣я̅ their darling Governor who dey think Ђά̲̣̣vέ worked Fø̲̣̣я̅ them. Hisses
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by maybel(m): 8:00pm On Jul 21, 2012
bashr8: SULLIVAN CHIME of enugu state is the best performing governor in nigeria and pls dont dare compare him with adams oshimole.
I'm glad u didnt compare Chime with Rochas and Fashola.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Kunlegzy(m): 8:03pm On Jul 21, 2012
[quote author=adefo][/quote]

Find out urself ☺ķªª¥
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by hakeem4shi(m): 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2012
perez100: Good day to you all.

First, let me introduce myself briefly - I am Perez working for an International Organisation in its Regional Office here in Nigeria, and we have been undertaking this research to find out the top 5 performing Governors in Nigeria. We started from 10 top performing Governors and from the votes we gathered, we cut it to 5. Every interested person is entitled to vote but at the end of it all we will come out with accurate results that will represent peoples' opinions. It will interest me to state here some of the views and the rankings of the Governors base on the votes and information gathered so far. We will take opinions here and add them to the ones already gathered. Just vote or say your mind, and I plead that attacking or insulting someone base on his or her opinion is not allowed. Let mature minds vote, and let ones opinion be his or her opinion.

The result gathered so far shows their rankings as follows -

1. Rochas Okorocha – Imo State Governor
2. Akpabio Godswil – Akwa Ibom State Governor
3. Raji Fashola – Lagos State Governor
4. Oshiomole – Edo State Governor
5. Rotimi Amachi– Rivers State Governor
[b]5. Chime - Enugu State Governor
(2 Governors battle for the 5th position)[i][/i]

Rochas - Many argued that Rochas has performed more than all the Governors pointing out that his one year in office has transformed Imo State, his Security votes cut down, road constructions, and Imo State University is virtually enjoying free education which no other governor has dreamed off, and employment created. They also stated that Imo State is paying the highest minimum wage in Nigeria despite its little revenue. They argued that if Rochas should have half of Lagos State revenue, Imo State will be like Dubai under Rochas administration . Kicks - Others see Rochas as pretending, stressing that he is just doing this to be considered as the next President or to get second term, and then come back and sell Imo state.

Akpabio - Many also argued that Akpabio has embarked on massive construction of roads, creating employments. They also believed that developments witnessed in Akwa Ibom State have never been seen in the state since its inception. They also said that for a Governor to perform well like this even when he is not coming for second term shows that he is not a pretender. Kicks - Others see his performance as a result of the revenue allocation which Akwa Ibom State is among the top 5 revenue earning states from the Federal Government.

Fashola - Many also argued that Fashola has performed more than all the governors that have ruled Lagos State. Infact, they said that his performance has dwarfed Tinubu's when he was in the Office. They also argued that Lagos roads are being repaired from time to time and new roads constructed on daily basis. The BRT is working perfectly to reduce traffic on the Lagos Roads, and employment created. Kicks - Others argued that Fashola's performance is based on the revenue that is allocated to Lagos, couple with his huge internal generated revenue, and inspite of this revenue, Lagos State University tuition fee is sky-rocketed to the level that the total money a student of Imo State University will spend throughout his stay in the University is lower than that which a student of Lagos State University will spend for only 1 year in the school.

Generally, the opinions maintained that the top 5 states have done enough to keep their states clean, reduce touts, and create employments, construct roads, carry the people around and finally, they are the peoples' Governors.

The above are just few opinions of people for the top 3 contenders. For you, who is the best performing? Arrange them in order of your preference.

Please,whenever we make analysis on issues,we need to verify facts and figures b4 we conclude. Thank u for saying we should rate accordingly,in my own opinion,the list does not tally wit d fact on ground.
1. I served in Imo state,Owerri to be precise,and stayed near the govt house. It Is a known fact dat Rochas is just doing eye service all because of his political ambition. We should stop measuring achievement wit what u see on TV or heard on radio or read on pages of newspaper,because it is all paid for. My point is,Rochas concentrate on the capital city to the detriment of other towns in d state. All the said road contract he awarded was to quarks,who rochas told to start work on the roads without mobilization fees,and wen they got to some point where their fund cannot handle the project anymore,the project is abandoned. It is in IMO state I first saw that asphalt will be laid first,before digging drainage to complement it,that is where drainage will be available though. And wat about how he is redesigning the state capital with street gates across the state,where such funds can be put on meaningful projects,demolition of structures only for you to see fences being mount on the main road-Ì wonder wat its use will be. As for the minimum wage,the workers are @ loggers head wit him on that,its just 'on paper' dat they are the highest paid,only the workers can tell u wat the facts are. On the schorlarship,its for certain set of student,with GPA. As a basis. He even lied on TV dat he's paying Corp members 20-25k monthly,whereas teachers in public schools get nothing,except for those in the ministry with 5k monthly. We have to result to take up the issue with our state coordinator,and we were about protesting wen we were told to calm down,dat they will sort it out. The job he created is wat I don't know,he claimed to create community govt in the state,where 1/2 of local govt staff will be redeployed to their native community to serve as staff in the community ,the state workers rejects,and went on strike several times b4 they reached agreement to maintain status quo wen he was dragged to court. That informed his decision not to allow the council chairmen dat was reinstated start work wit his tactics,he knows they won't allow his dumb method of developing the community. I wonder why he cannot employ people to go and wrk in the community newly. And facts is he is spending a lot on the government house,demolished 1/2 of the structures and put up nu ones,where pple av no roads to take to the villages. He's working in some areas though ,at least a model primary school is under construction where almost six schools will be put in one location . And the structure is commendable.these are some of the points for Okorocha. He's building city gate in orlu and okigwe part of the state though,and he almost relocates the state university to his home town b4 he was stopped and promised to build new school in the town.
2. As for Akbabio,I was in Uyo towards the end of my service in June,and he really did well to the state capital in terms of road,and environment renewal ,and his home town,ikot ekpene-if I get it right,cos I have to ask who is the political big wig from that town who would av necessitated such development,and I was told the governor is from the town. Considering the huge amount he received monthly,that state deserves more in my own opinion.
3. As for Fashola,he's the main Governor in Nigeria,he generates the money he spent,and tell me where he has not touched in his 5 years reign as governor,he is dynamic and intelligent.the state does not receive oil money as other four states in review is doing.
4. Oshiomole is trying,I've passed thru the state on mai way to onitsha, and I must say he tried on road construction and school building,dats wat I can say I av seen in edo.
5. I don't know why mimiko has to make this list,cos,all he's doing is media hype,and all u hear is iroko here,iroko there wit dat blind colour he uses as trademark. That does not mean he didn't do anything o. =D thank you for taking time to read this,but there is no comparison with Fashola.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by bokohalal(m): 8:06pm On Jul 21, 2012
jason123:

I replied your topic in the religion section.

Do not have your time. Look for another person to clown with.Bozo.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Iolo(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
I nominate the following governors:

1. Raji Fashola - Lagos State Governor
2. Akpabio Godswill - Akwa Ibom State Governor
3. Rotimi Ameachi - Rivers State Governor
4. Oshiomole - Edo State Governor
5. Sule Lamido - Jigawa State Governor.

Rochas has no bizness on dat list. Free education my foot. Let him provide infrastructure. If anything his iron undemocratic handling of the LG councils in his state should disqualify him.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by manugbo(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
The best Gov in nigeria is

Gov OCHENDU T.A ORJI OF ABIA STATE grin shocked
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by MrEverest(m): 8:09pm On Jul 21, 2012
Fellow nairalanders, its unfair 2 give plaudits 2 d high flyers without recognising the laggards!
Now here comes d rebels
1. T.A Orji of Abia state (gold)
2. Uduaghan of Delta state (silver)
3. S. Dickson of Bayelsa state (bronze)

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by monsuruad(m): 8:10pm On Jul 21, 2012
Why don't you let us just take a look @ RAUF AREGBESOLA?
He is unarguably the best Governor in South-West.
Compared to LAGOS state, the monthly IGR of osun is just #3,000,000,000 (3billion)- one of the least earning state in Nig. And with these, in not more than a year and half he assumed office, he has made impacts-- O'yes, O'clean, O'wma, O'reap et al. He setup panel to investigate the 18billion naira loan by the previous govt. some months b4 he left office.

Nigeria's Barack Obama- has the capability to talk for hours. I think he deserves a place in that ranking
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by decrox199(m): 8:12pm On Jul 21, 2012
adefo:

Pls wat has mimiko done to transform ondo state
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by manugbo(m): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2012
Mr Everest: Fellow nairalanders, its unfair 2 give plaudits 2 d high flyers without recognising the laggards!
Now here comes d rebels
1. T.A Orji of Abia state (gold)
2. Uduaghan of Delta state (silver)
3. S. Dickson of Bayelsa state (bronze)

hardened criminals

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by prayoprayer(m): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
[color=#990000][/color] Rochas. Oshomole. Akpabio.fashola. Chime
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Haryoryhemie(f): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2012
Who is mimiko? Although apart frm ondo state i"ve not been to other state. Raji fashola lead while others follow.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by Mrhod: 8:19pm On Jul 21, 2012
1Fashola
2Rochas
3Akpabio
4Mimiko
5Oshomole
Others should go & work
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by kingparagon1: 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2012
Martmore: No northernm gov there, cos i think niger state gov(aliyu) dey try.
is it best 5govs in nigeria? Why no northern govs? Later dey will say poverty is d cause of BH. Wit my travelling experience & reports, its okorocha, fashola, akpabio, mimiko & oshiomhole. Gbam.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by decrox199(m): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
hakeem4shi:

Please,whenever we make analysis on issues,we need to verify facts and figures b4 we conclude. Thank u for saying we should rate accordingly,in my own opinion,the list does not tally wit d fact on ground.
1. I served in Imo state,Owerri to be precise,and stayed near the govt house. It Is a known fact dat Rochas is just doing eye service all because of his political ambition. We should stop measuring achievement wit what u see on TV or heard on radio or read on pages of newspaper,because it is all paid for. My point is,Rochas concentrate on the capital city to the detriment of other towns in d state. All the said road contract he awarded was to quarks,who rochas told to start work on the roads without mobilization fees,and wen they got to some point where their fund cannot handle the project anymore,the project is abandoned. It is in IMO state I first saw that asphalt will be laid first,before digging drainage to complement it,that is where drainage will be available though. And wat about how he is redesigning the state capital with street gates across the state,where such funds can be put on meaningful projects,demolition of structures only for you to see fences being mount on the main road-Ì wonder wat its use will be. As for the minimum wage,the workers are @ loggers head wit him on that,its just 'on paper' dat they are the highest paid,only the workers can tell u wat the facts are. On the schorlarship,its for certain set of student,with GPA. As a basis. He even lied on TV dat he's paying Corp members 20-25k monthly,whereas teachers in public schools get nothing,except for those in the ministry with 5k monthly. We have to result to take up the issue with our state coordinator,and we were about protesting wen we were told to calm down,dat they will sort it out. The job he created is wat I don't know,he claimed to create community govt in the state,where 1/2 of local govt staff will be redeployed to their native community to serve as staff in the community ,the state workers rejects,and went on strike several times b4 they reached agreement to maintain status quo wen he was dragged to court. That informed his decision not to allow the council chairmen dat was reinstated start work wit his tactics,he knows they won't allow his dumb method of developing the community. I wonder why he cannot employ people to go and wrk in the community newly. And facts is he is spending a lot on the government house,demolished 1/2 of the structures and put up nu ones,where pple av no roads to take to the villages. He's working in some areas though ,at least a model primary school is under construction where almost six schools will be put in one location . And the structure is commendable.these are some of the points for Okorocha. He's building city gate in orlu and okigwe part of the state though,and he almost relocates the state university to his home town b4 he was stopped and promised to build new school in the town.
2. As for Akbabio,I was in Uyo towards the end of my service in June,and he really did well to the state capital in terms of road,and environment renewal ,and his home town,ikot ekpene-if I get it right,cos I have to ask who is the political big wig from that town who would av necessitated such development,and I was told the governor is from the town. Considering the huge amount he received monthly,that state deserves more in my own opinion.
3. As for Fashola,he's the main Governor in Nigeria,he generates the money he spent,and tell me where he has not touched in his 5 years reign as governor,he is dynamic and intelligent.the state does not receive oil money as other four states in review is doing.
4. Oshiomole is trying,I've passed thru the state on mai way to onitsha, and I must say he tried on road construction and school building,dats wat I can say I av seen in edo.
5. I don't know why mimiko has to make this list,cos,all he's doing is media hype,and all u hear is iroko here,iroko there wit dat blind colour he uses as trademark. That does not mean he didn't do anything o. =D thank you for taking time to read this,but there is no comparison with Fashola.
as per Ɣ☺ΰr view bout mimiko,seems U̶̲̥̅̊'v totally gone blind
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by decrox199(m): 8:32pm On Jul 21, 2012
hakeem4shi:

as per Ɣ☺ΰr view bout mimiko,seems U̶̲̥̅̊'v totally gone blind
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by edicolove: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
@op, I told you before that the thread is setup to fail but you were too lazy to ask the right questions. In the end, what you will get is popularity contest winners not performance contest winners.

You can't just ask people online to start telling you who the best governors are. Many of those posting in this thread are in diaspora. Many others have never travelled to more than 2 or 3 states. When I raised a few issues with Oshiomole for example, someone attacked me. Why, because some people just want to believe what they want to believe. I carefully avoided suggesting any list in all my posts because no such poll will be accurate. If you really want to know the best governors, you have to design the question systemically to get the right answer. You have to look closely at the indexes. One fact is clear about all the governors including the Akpabio I praised and that is they are all embezzling their state funds. Some definitely more than others but you get the drift. Another thing you have to understand is that governors that have fierce oppositions tend to advertise their work more than others. That doesn't necesarily mean they are performing better. I remember how Tinubu was erecting mega billboards for every one kilometer of road he constructed. I did say back then that it was a PR stunt. He actually celebrated the repairs of Adeola Odeku road with a party that was held on the road on a weekday causing untold suffering to road user for almost 5 hours. Can you beat that? Lol.
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by kingparagon1: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2012
Haryoryhemie: Who is mimiko? Although apart frm ondo state i"ve not been to other state. Raji fashola lead while others follow.
am nt a politician bt i knw wen i c one. Where in ondo r u staying? U lied! D blind can c d works of mimiko everywhere. Even d 2nd term is sure as day break. Come 2 ekiti & c d difence. In niaja, mimiko is among d best 3. Gbam
Re: Who Are The Top 5 Performing Governors In Nigeria? by warripekin(m): 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2012
1.Rochas
2.Fashola
3.Chime ... with his meager resources he is still doing a great job. Was in Enugu recently and I was impressed with what I saw there. I wept for my state Delta state considering the amount of money coming into the state purse every month yet nothing is happening. I am really disappointed with Uduaghan.
4.Akpabio
5.Amechi

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Removed Officially By FG / President Buhari Didn't Die In London, He's Alive – Garba Shehu Reacts To Rumour / EFCC Operative Stuck In Septic Tank As They Raid Alex Badeh’s Farm. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.