Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,131 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889058 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:03am On Aug 13, 2018
Singlesoul401:
Please guys I need help me Honda baby boy 2000 is showing abs light dashboard also it consume fuel . What could be the problem

Likely severed ABS cable on the front legs.

Bad O2 sensor may cause the fuel consumption but will advise a scan first.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by opomulero(m): 9:02am On Aug 13, 2018
good morning house,

honda accord 2003 cluster needles went off so i cant see them at night (speedometer needle, temp needle, fuel needle, tachometer needle). i can see the background, but cant see the red needles that shows the reading.

no fuse burnt as i have checked all fuses.

pls is it that bulb at the back of the cluster burnt. if yes please what are the sizes of the bulbs behind the cluster.

thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 9:07am On Aug 13, 2018
opomulero:
good morning house,

honda accord 2003 cluster needles went off so i cant see the am at night (speedometer needle, temp needle, fuel needle, tachometer needle). i can see the background, but cant see the red needles that shows the reading.

pls is it that bulb at the back of the cluster burnt. if yes please what are the sizes of the bulbs behind the cluster.

thank you

Brighten up your cluster by adjusting the knob
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by thebigkendo(m): 9:15am On Aug 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Same here, that honda counter nah scam grin

Pure scam!!! How service light go come up less than 2k miles? Even if na palm oil i put inside the motor angry angry
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by opomulero(m): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2018
the knob has been brightened up....still same thing

opomulero:
good morning house,

honda accord 2003 cluster needles went off so i cant see them at night (speedometer needle, temp needle, fuel needle, tachometer needle). i can see the background, but cant see the red needles that shows the reading.

thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by opomulero(m): 9:55am On Aug 13, 2018
knob brightened up still same thing, only background like seen d 4 needles srill dark

mayor2013:

Brighten up your cluster by adjusting the knob
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 9:59am On Aug 13, 2018
opomulero:
knob brightened up still same thing, only background like seen d 4 needles srill dark

Then something is wrong. Most likely a defective cluster
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:00am On Aug 13, 2018
mayor2013:

Then something is wrong. Most likely a defective cluster

calm dan....

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:01am On Aug 13, 2018
opomulero:

Repair history? What did you fix last in that area?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by opomulero(m): 10:04am On Aug 13, 2018
nothing......i am thinking may b, d bulb/led that is responsible for the lights r burnt out

GAZZUZZ:

Repair history? What did you fix last in that area?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by websiteguru30: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2018
Good day Car gurus in the house! Please I am having serious issue with my Honda Accord 1999 (babyboy) Manual transmissions. My car rpm is going up and down between 1000rpm and 2000rpm even when driving and the car is jerking on the move.
Please help me out with possible solutions.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 5:52pm On Aug 13, 2018
Hello guys
Mayor2013
GAZZUZZ
luvinhubby
And others

Let's Rob mind

My aunt has a 2011 CRV Ex.

It drives fine and all parts functioning efficiently and effective.

Just as Honda says after 100k miles, do a tune up. Mileage 130k now

So we decided to do few things on Saturday
Changed spark plugs to NGK iridium
Changed fuel pump
Changed injectors
Changed the upstream and downstream sensors.

After fixing, car started fine and was sharper than it was prior.

After few minutes drive, a code showed up P1157, which points to Upstream sensor. Cleared code, but it instantly pumped up again.

I then suggested we return the old sensor, since nothing was wring, but women and over sabi.

We tried to remove sensor 1, only to find it difficult, cos the guy that fixed it forced the sensor in and the threading got damaged on the exhaust pipe. We had to use the heat to pull out the sensor, which was obviously condemned and the thread on the exhaust pipe damaged.

Since we need to buy a new sensor and possibly get another pipe that connects to the manifold, the panel beater decided to block the hole/space for the sensor fits it.

After leaving the panel beater, just few minutes drive, car started misfiring. I was called.

Did a scan and it shows P0300 to P0304 all cylinder misfires, along with the obvious oxygen sensor code.

Car is not idling at all now.

Once you start, it goes off immediately and terrible black smoke comes from the exhaust.

Can you guy confirm if the oxygen sensor issue is connected with the misfire

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:04pm On Aug 13, 2018
davodyguy:
Hello guys
Mayor2013
GAZZUZZ
luvinhubby
And others

Let's Rob mind

Changed fuel pump
Changed injectors

After few minutes drive, a code showed up P1157, which points to Upstream sensor. Cleared code, but it instantly pumped up again.

I then suggested we return the old sensor, since nothing was wring, but women and over sabi.

We tried to remove sensor 1, only to find it difficult, cos the guy that fixed it forced the sensor in and the threading got damaged on the exhaust pipe. We had to use the heat to pull out the sensor, which was obviously condemned and the thread on the exhaust pipe damaged.

Since we need to buy a new sensor and possibly get another pipe that connects to the manifold, the panel beater decided to block the hole/space for the sensor fits it.

After leaving the panel beater, just few minutes drive, car started misfiring. I was called.

Did a scan and it shows P0300 to P0304 all cylinder misfires, along with the obvious oxygen sensor code.

Once you start, it goes off immediately and terrible black smoke comes from the exhaust.

Thanks

First sentence sounded like DIY, next I was sure it was Kamaru grin

how much did you buy all the individual parts.

did you buy used parts or new parts? I am waiting.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 6:06pm On Aug 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

First sentence sounded like DIY, next I was sure it was Kamaru grin

how much did you buy all the individual parts.

did you buy used parts or new parts? I am waiting.

Kamoru ke?

All brand new ordered from eBay, not purchased in Nigeria.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:10pm On Aug 13, 2018
davodyguy:

Kamoru ke?

New or used Oga? Ebay Sells used parts.

Did you use the vin of the car to match the parts?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

New or used Oga? Ebay Sells used parts.

Did you use the vin of the car to match the parts?
GAZZUZZ

You should know I've been around for a while, not a rookie. Just want ideas as we normally do here.

All parts are brand new, not used.
There are sites eg Amazon and hondaparts.com that allows you to select your vehicle by specification and then check fitment. That I did and this isn't the first time I'm having to do this. Its unfortunate how this turned out
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 6:32pm On Aug 13, 2018
opomulero:
nothing......i am thinking may b, d bulb/led that is responsible for the lights r burnt out

How many bulbs/led would go burnt at the same time. Any Recent work done on electricals
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:34pm On Aug 13, 2018
davodyguy:

GAZZUZZ

You should know I've been around for a while, not a rookie. Just want ideas as we normally do here.

All parts are brand new, not used.
There are sites eg Amazon and hondaparts.com that allows you to select your vehicle by specification and then check fitment. That I did and this isn't the first time I'm having to do this. Its unfortunate how this turned out

When you go a Dr's office they ask you questions related to the ailment, most times the questions sound silly but have to be asked.

If every thing was done by the book, you will not be here.

Mayor2013 he's all yours.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

When you go a Dr's office they ask you questions related to the ailment, most times the questions sound silly but have to be asked.

If every thing was done by the book, you will not be here.

Mayor2013 he's all yours.
You're right. But I was already tensed up. You know things can be most especially if you gave someone an advise and the things turns bad unfortunately. That's the feeling right now, a bit disappointed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2018
davodyguy:
Hello guys
Mayor2013
GAZZUZZ
luvinhubby
And others

Let's Rob mind

Changed fuel pump
Changed injectors

Thanks

Yes it can. Black suite was caused by the pulled off 02 sensor. By the way what spark plugs did you use? What type of fuel pump did you use
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2018
mayor2013:

Yes it can. Black suite was caused by the pulled off 02 sensor By the way what spark plugs did you use? What type of fuel pump did you use
Thank you very much for the straight forward response.

My key question was, 'can you guys confirm if the space blocked could have been responsible'

First thing first, then I'll answer the other questions

NGK iridium platinum, with exact OEM number matching.

Fuel pump was the universal Honda/Toyota pump.

Its not the complete assembly with the fuel gauge that I changed, just the engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by opomulero(m): 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2018
seriously no electrical jobs done, it was right in my face d thing went off as i was driving home.

just the needles alone

mayor2013:

How many bulbs/led would go burnt at the same time. Any Recent work done on electricals
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
davodyguy:

Thank you very much for the straight forward response.

My key question was, 'can you guys confirm if the space blocked could have been responsible'

First thing first, then I'll answer the other questions

NGK iridium platinum, with exact OEM number matching.

Fuel pump was the universal Honda/Toyota pump.

Its not the complete assembly with the fuel gauge that I changed, just the engine

Yes. Take back to factory spec.
Take out that yeye fuel pump. Get a complete untampered unit . Those pump alone are Chinese crap and would also cause a misfire. Excess black smoke was a result of the pulled out 02 sensor like I did explain earlier
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mayor2013: 7:30pm On Aug 13, 2018
opomulero:
seriously no electrical jobs done, it was right in my face d thing went off as i was driving home.

just the needles alone

Check bulbs/led if OK . Change instrument cluster
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2018
Elipsis:
I never knew a thread like this existed!

I'm sorry if I'm asking a question that has already been answered previously, but I really need help.

I recently bought a Honda CRV, 2003 model and it's been one headache to another. I've not even been able to enjoy the car.

Recently, the car started having some issues to start. I'll turn the ignition severally and it won't even make a sound, talkess of starting...(you know how a car does when it's on D or R).

The mechanic I consulted checked it and said there's something wrong with the kickstarter. He had to loosen it and he discovered it was a problem with the solenoid or something.

I've changed the solenoid but the problem still persists. I'm at a loss on what to do now. Could it be another thing that's making the car behave like this? The annoying thing is that it doesn't happen every time.

I tried to start it when i called the last electrician and the car started one hand. It was now as if I didn't know what I saying. I also noticed that there's something draining the battery of the car. Could it still be related to the same kick starter problem?

Please tech gurus, help a brother out.

When this happens, does it start in neutral? The issue may be with the neutral safety switch.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 8:36pm On Aug 13, 2018
davodyguy:

Kamoru ke?

Beware of eBay. I have stopped shopping there. Chinese Kazeem part sellers full the place. Many of them will pose like they are in the US/UK only for you to click "place order" and later see "item shipped from shenzu" cheesy angry
I have series of experiences from self and family. On such sensitive items I only do OEM or the aftermarket guy that does the OEM e.g Denso does the oem O2 sensor for my accord but also has the aftermarket direct-fit one which is way cheaper.

So sorry to hear the overtorquing thing. This is common place in this country. You will even see some use an impact wrench (irrespective of speed/torque setting) to mount wheels. Their motto is tighten until it can move no more angry

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 8:54pm On Aug 13, 2018
mayor2013:

Yes. Take back to factory spec.
Take out that yeye fuel pump. Get a complete untampered unit . Those pump alone are Chinese crap and would also cause a misfire. Excess black smoke was a result of the pulled out 02 sensor like I did explain earlier
Thanks so much. Just spoke to my mechanic, the conclusion is that the engine can't breathe property, hence the very poor idling and black soot.

First tomorrow is to look for another shell, and put in back the factory exhaust, with or without the catalytic converter, for us to see the condition of the engine. If the engine idles well, then we can breathe a sigh of relief.

Lesson has been learned. Honda is different from Toyota. If sensor is bad, just leave it there, rather than trying to be wise

See below the image of the catalytic converter assembly.

The downstream sensor is to be placed in the opening directly on the converter, whilst the upstream is the one on the long pipe to be connected to the manifold.

The thread of the upstream sensor was the one damaged and the panel beater chose to seal up until we get another sensor and rethread the hole. The next was the black soot and the car was driven 14 miles after after the seal up. I just pray the engine is not damaged due to the 14 miles drive

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by davodyguy: 8:55pm On Aug 13, 2018
Piyke:

Beware of eBay. I have stopped shopping there. Chinese Kazeem part sellers full the place. Many of them will pose like they are in the US/UK only for you to click "place order" and later see "item shipped from shenzu" cheesy angry
I have series of experiences from self and family. On such sensitive items I only do OEM or the aftermarket guy that does the OEM e.g Denso does the oem O2 sensor for my accord but also has the aftermarket direct-fit one which is way cheaper.

So sorry to hear the overtorquing thing. This is common place in this country. You will even see some use an impact wrench (irrespective of speed/torque setting) to mount wheels. Their motto is tighten until it can move no more angry
Lol.

Afi shenzu grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by radautoworks: 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2018
Piyke:

THANK YOU
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by foztrot: 9:25am On Aug 14, 2018
Honda Civic - 2006 Model doesn't go beyond 53Mph. Any idea on what the actual cause may be?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:15am On Aug 14, 2018
foztrot:
Honda Civic - 2006 Model doesn't go beyond 53Mph. Any idea on what the actual cause may be?

Throttle body(injector mouth) or Vtech sensor (raising switch) if you want your mechanic to understand.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:18am On Aug 14, 2018
davodyguy:
Hello guys
Mayor2013
GAZZUZZ
luvinhubby
And others

Let's Rob mind

Changed fuel pump
Changed injectors

Thanks

Hope you did not force a 2007 CRV O2 sensor into a 2011 CRV, they use same catalyst but different sensors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.