Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,204 members, 7,807,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888601 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by MemOL: 7:04am On Oct 30, 2018
Happy weekend

Please what type of oil should I use for Honda accord 2007 model (discussion Continues)

And Edakun what can cause my OBD II scanner not connecting to the ECU of the same car?

Please help..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 30, 2018
My mechanic is telling me to remove thermostat valve to allow water into engine. I am not comfortable with that idea, my temperature still remain below half. Need help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 4:41pm On Oct 30, 2018
uncle005:
My mechanic is telling me to remove thermostat valve to allow water into engine. I am not comfortable with that idea, my temperature still remain below half. Need help

Good that you dont feel comfortable.

Let status quo remain.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by zevous: 9:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
zevous:
Please how much does the headlight of 2003 Honda Accord cost?

Please I need the price
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ciouxox(m): 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2018
Please how much is Honda accord 08 gearbox,thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chuks04: 7:18am On Nov 03, 2018
chuks04:
Goodmorning gurus in-house,
I have been using this Honda city 2007 model for a while but recently I noticed that after staying long on traffic the high temperature sign will start flashing on the dashboard and eventually the car engine will stop running, and after 5 minutes or more it will start again.

Each time this happens, as the engine get cold I check the water on the radiator and that of reservoir, I noticed that the coolant water is always intact never shorts.

Tlhe two fans blows very well, the thermostat works well because when I first noticed this issue, I removed the thermostat and did a test on it to confirm if it actually working well. It was all good.

Pls I need advice on how to tackle this issue.

Thanks.

Good morning guys, just a feedback.

Finally this issue is settled now.
I opened the fuel pump and noticed that the filter had oilly kind of dirt on it. Was pretty much. Had to change the entire fuel pump and that was all.

Thanks everyone.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:25am On Nov 03, 2018
chuks04:
Goodmorning gurus in-house,
I have been using this Honda city 2007 model for a while but recently I noticed that after staying long on traffic the high temperature sign will start flashing on the dashboard and eventually the car engine will stop running, and after 5 minutes or more it will start again.

Each time this happens, as the engine get cold I check the water on the radiator and that of reservoir, I noticed that the coolant water is always intact never shorts.

Tlhe two fans blows very well, the thermostat works well because when I first noticed this issue, I removed the thermostat and did a test on it to confirm if it actually working well. It was all good.

Pls I need advice on how to tackle this issue.

Thanks.

chuks04:

Good morning guys, just a feedback.

Finally this issue is settled now.
I opened the fuel pump and noticed that the filter had oilly kind of dirt on it. Was pretty much. Had to change the entire fuel pump and that was all.

Thanks everyone.

E no follow, but congrats, all goal is a Goal. wink
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Baba419(m): 11:31am On Nov 04, 2018
Good day house. Please I used my AC yesterday on my way back from work and it was cool, today as i started the car it began to blow hot air suddenly. I filled up my gas about a month ago. Car is Honda Accord 2007 4 cylinder. Please what could be wrong
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dixon400(m): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
Baba419:
Good day house. Please I used my AC yesterday on my way back from work and it was cool, today as i started the car it began to blow hot air suddenly. I filled up my gas about a month ago. Car is Honda Accord 2007 4 cylinder. Please what could be wrong

There is something called drier (according to my Kareem). Had same issue once.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Baba419(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2018
dixon400:

There is something called drier (according to my Kareem). Had same issue once.
Please what did you do to resolve it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:45pm On Nov 04, 2018
Baba419:
There is a leakage somewhere, either compressor, condenser, evaporator, discharge hose or expansion valve.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Bobsato: 5:57pm On Nov 04, 2018
Hello all. Is it possible for one to get a scanning device and do the scanning yourself for your vehicle especially when it comes to clearing oil lights airbag etc. I have a 2013 Accord
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by foztrot: 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2018
Can someone recommend a car radio technician in Lagos - Mainland for my honda civic 2007 model. I don't get clear radio signals/frequencies.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Adisaowalla: 7:54pm On Nov 04, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

E no follow, but congrats, all goal is a Goal. wink

I taya o - how Overheating issue take relate with dirty fuel pump?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Baba419(m): 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
luvinhubby:

There is a leakage somewhere, either compressor, condenser, evaporator, discharge hose or expansion valve.
Thanks for your input Sir. Funny enough I washed the car today and now its cooling again. Will get it checked out this week.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2018
Bobsato:
Hello all. Is it possible for one to get a scanning device and do the scanning yourself for your vehicle especially when it comes to clearing oil lights airbag etc. I have a 2013 Accord

Possible yes.

But oil lights & airbag lights can point to a couple of things.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Olisa4all: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2018
luvinhubby:

Possible yes.

But oil lights & airbag lights can point to a couple of things.

Sir, are you going to replace the non-heated side mirrors you delivered to me with heated side mirrors I asked for?
You still haven't said anything about the passenger side morror that moves in the opposite direction from the control input
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:37pm On Nov 06, 2018
Olisa4all:

Sir, are you going to replace the non-heated side mirrors you delivered to me with heated side mirrors I asked for?
You still haven't said anything about the passenger side morror that moves in the opposite direction from the control input

Was waiting for your feedback
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adaphic: 9:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
Gurus, Pls I use a Honda crv 2007, I noticed yesterday that whenever I reverse there is a certain noise, but no noise when I am driving. what could be d cause? Thx.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dahmylolah(m): 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2018
cc gazzuzz, luvvinhubby.
i just had my 2003 crv scanned today as D blinks after i have had the car running for a while and it threw up the following codes
P1519,P1167,P0341,P0845
how do i go about fixing it especially P0845 as i am sure it has to do with my gear
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azanor(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2018
Hey Guys, I need your help.

I drive a 2003 Honda Accord and for a while now the AC has been acting up. First of all, it stopped cooling. I got the gas refilled but after a few weeks, the same thing happened. When they checked the gas, the pressure was still okay, but either ways the mechanic checked for leakages (couldn't find any) and refilled the gas again. Now after about 3 weeks I'm noticing the coolness reduce any time I use the AC.

Went back to the mechanic and he checked the gas pressure (which was still okay). The mechanic is telling me to replace the compressor. What do the gurus in the house think/suggest.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by largenokiachief: 4:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
youve got a leak. pull out the compressor, remove the clutch and look in the center where the shaft is. if you notice its all wet and oily theres your leak. the oil seal can be replaced by a technician
Azanor:
Hey Guys, I need your help.

I drive a 2003 Honda Accord and for a while now the AC has been acting up. First of all, it stopped cooling. I got the gas refilled but after a few weeks, the same thing happened. When they checked the gas, the pressure was still okay, but either ways the mechanic checked for leakages (couldn't find any) and refilled the gas again. Now after about 3 weeks I'm noticing the coolness reduce any time I use the AC.

Went back to the mechanic and he checked the gas pressure (which was still okay). The mechanic is telling me to replace the compressor. What do the gurus in the house think/suggest.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2018
luvinhubby:

Was waiting for your feedback
Thanks for the sensor luvinhubby... Code p0139 now cleared.. Just left with p0128...coolant thermostat(coolant Temperature below thermostat regulating temperature... Will Inserting the thermostat and temperature sensor solve this..??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2018
dahmylolah:
cc gazzuzz, luvvinhubby.
i just had my 2003 crv scanned today as D blinks after i have had the car running for a while and it threw up the following codes
P1519,P1167,P0341,P0845
how do i go about fixing it especially P0845 as i am sure it has to do with my gear

Camshaft sensor & air/fuel ratio sensor.

The P0845 is 3rd pressure fluid switch, one small ash/green coloured switch at the bottom of the gear.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by tppzzy01(m): 2:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
Pls my 02 v6, baby boi will take long to start either when in cold state or hot state. Pls, what is the solution? @house
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Azanor(m): 4:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
Thanks for your help.

So I might not need to replace the entire compressor then?

Do you have any idea about how much this repair will cost?

largenokiachief:
youve got a leak. pull out the compressor, remove the clutch and look in the center where the shaft is. if you notice its all wet and oily theres your leak. the oil seal can be replaced by a technician
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by texasbullet(m): 7:42pm On Nov 13, 2018
Pls quotation for the following for Accord 04
02 sensor upstream and downstream
Two front Abs sensors
Laser Iridium spark plugs

Pls asap
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:10pm On Nov 13, 2018
texasbullet:
Pls quotation for the following for Accord 04
02 sensor upstream and downstream
Two front Abs sensors
Laser Iridium spark plugs

Pls asap

SMS - 08029255299
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olalekansanni: 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2018
casimirchocho:
Hi everyone, pls help me with this. My Honda accord 1998 engine sometime goes off while the car is on motion, and refuses to common on when I start it, I then will need to wait for almost 5 minuetes before the car can start. Can anyone help please?

Pls I'm having similar problem now, pls what did you do to overcome this? Tnx
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by equity2genesis(m): 6:07pm On Nov 19, 2018
Sir Gazzuzz, luvvinhubby, kingreign et al,

Please, I need your professional advice.

I want a reliable/rugged car with very low fuel consumption, cheap and available spare parts and of general low maintenance cost - do you guys think Honda Civic 2005 (Naija used) fits in? if not, kindly recommend a good one.

Thank you.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by spiralwedge(m): 6:19pm On Nov 19, 2018
Please house, my baby boy started flashing SIDE AIRBAG since last Wednesday after servicing.

It's not quick flashing, but it flashes a while, then goes away for a while.

Just called my mechanic, he said I should see a rewire.

Any opinion?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by highwayson: 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2018
Please I need urgent help. My Honda pilot 2007 misbehaves after being driven for about two to three hours. It will not move fast upon acceleration and will be making some noise. And most times if I switch off the engine it will not start again until I wait for about one hour. Someone suggested it could be fuel pump issues but I am not sure.

(1) (2) (3) ... (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) (175) (176) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.