Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,801 members, 7,798,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (886050 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (431) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afuyebusayo: 4:16pm On Feb 04, 2019
[pls what's OEM ball joint?

quote author=nas00 post=75410934]

1) Buy a clean title, direct tokunbo or brand new car. That way, you can be close to 100% sure that the car has OEM ball joints, which last longest.

2) If you bought your Accord Nigerian used, you must have the ball joints examined to rule out wear. If worn, replace with OEM ball joints. OEM ball joint is expensive, but less likely to fail prematurely and their performance is worth it.

3) By all means, avoid speeding over potholes. You may be tempted to do it when you see other road users doing the same. However, you must understand the nature of the car you drive and behave accordingly. That way, your ball joints will last longer.

4) It is possible to pump grease into the rubber boot of your ball joints once in, say 6 months. This helps reduce friction between the bearings, such that ball joint lasts longer.

5) Avoid turning your steering to the last stop as frequently as possible.

Cheers! [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 5:46pm On Feb 04, 2019
pls what's OEM ball joint?

OEM: Original Equipment Manufacturer.

OEM parts are the exact parts installed in your car by Honda from factory. They are the best parts to replace any worn out or broken down parts, because they always fit directly and work exactly as intended.

So, to answer your question directly, the exact ball joint installed by Honda in your car is the OEM ball joint. Find a link to it below:

https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-51220-SDA-305-Joint-Front/dp/B00BJLL8U0/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1526481226&sr=8-3-fkmr0&keywords=Honda+genuine+OEM+ball+joint-+2003+Honda+Accord

The question is can you spend this much on buying reliable ball joints?

Many Nigerians don't know the difference between OEM and generic brands. Unfortunately, our markets are filled mostly with generic car parts (apart from parts salvaged from scrapped tokunbo cars).

I believe the reason you see Honda legs pull repeatedly on the same car is because OEM ball joints were not installed.

Regards!

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 6:29pm On Feb 04, 2019
Which Naija Honda owner can be willing to buy a ball joint for ₦32,000 each piece.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamkim7: 7:46pm On Feb 04, 2019
Hello guys, so I just got myself a Honda accord 03 2.4 ivtec. Just in the first few days and I think it's guzzling my fuel. I bought 4k worth of fuel and the next day I had to refill I hardly drove up to 100km.*i didn't take note at the time I was filling up but the distance I drove combined wasn't up to 100km*. Anywifast forward to the next day the car gave me reserve light warning I had to enter the nearest filling station, got myself 8k worth of fuel. So I took note of my odometer it was at 237751km and the I got 55lts of fuel and the pointer was at full tank. Now my odometer is at 237880km and my fuel indicator is just on the next bar below half tank. That's just about 125km on about half the fuel I bought. Someone please help a brother, cos this one will just send me and my shikini money to relegation.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:07pm On Feb 04, 2019
iamkim7:
Hello guys, so I just got myself a Honda accord 03 2.4 ivtec. Just in the first few days and I think it's guzzling my fuel. I bought 4k worth of fuel and the next day I had to refill I hardly drove up to 100km.*i didn't take note at the time I was filling up but the distance I drove combined wasn't up to 100km*. Anywifast forward to the next day the car gave me reserve light warning I had to enter the nearest filling station, got myself 8k worth of fuel. So I took note of my odometer it was at 237751km and the I got 55lts of fuel and the pointer was at full tank. Now my odometer is at 237880km and my fuel indicator is just on the next bar below half tank. That's just about 125km on about half the fuel I bought. Someone please help a brother, cos this one will just send me and my shikini money to relegation.

Fuel consumption is on the high side, approximately 15km per gallon, assuming you still have about 10litres of fuel left in the 55litres you bought.

Do you have any check engine or emission light on your dashboard, if so, do a scan and post the result.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamkim7: 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
luvinhubby:

Fuel consumption is on the high side, approximately 15km per gallon, assuming you still have about 10litres of fuel left in the 55litres you bought.

Do you have any check engine or emission light on your dashboard, if so, do a scan and post the result.
Sorry first car so kind of new to this. But I think there is the one on the left just above my speedometer. But there is no check engine written. I think I have my suspicions when I start my car it shows maintenance required light for some few seconds then it goes off. But if it's the engine light just above my speedo, it's always on.
Help. The consumption is outrageous. I calculated if give or take I've used 25lts for 125km.then I'm using just 5km to 1lt.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamkim7: 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2019
luvinhubby:

Yes the check engine light is on. I will do a scan sir and let you know.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 12:14am On Feb 05, 2019
Anyone?

steevy:
Good morning good people, how much is the front grill and Honda logo of the 2007 DC. I want to also change the gear handle of my car. The rubber is all messed up. How much can i get that too?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by akefemi: 7:36am On Feb 05, 2019
How much is the water pump please?
livewithpurpose:

Thank you very much. My mechanic found out the fault. It was the water pump that was bad. I fixed a new one and it is no longer leaking.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:48am On Feb 05, 2019
luvinhubby:
Which Naija Honda owner can be willing to buy a ball joint for ₦32,000 each piece.

for my personal car? Not me. I will buy toks and check it every 6months grin

4 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by livewithpurpose: 8:50am On Feb 05, 2019
akefemi:
How much is the water pump please?

N5,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:47am On Feb 05, 2019
livewithpurpose:

N5,000

Chinko cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 10:36am On Feb 05, 2019
luvinhubby:

cheesy I, Sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:32am On Feb 05, 2019
inze:

cheesy I, Sir
grin grin grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Eddee(m): 2:57pm On Feb 05, 2019
iamkim7:

This got me grin
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2019
House, please can someone recommend an upholstery expert that can help fix dropping roof of an 08 accord?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by livewithpurpose: 4:36pm On Feb 05, 2019
luvinhubby:

Chinko cheesy

But it is my chinko? Why are you carrying gala on your head on top another person's chinko? cheesy wink

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by akefemi: 11:01pm On Feb 05, 2019
Thanks
livewithpurpose:

N5,000
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by pejuakinab: 3:14am On Feb 06, 2019
I noticed my baby boy has fuel pump relay issue and the rewire I contacted bypassed the faulty relay by joining together some wires. Pls advice, does it have any implications cos I'm not comfortable with it even though its now running smoothly.
Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:54am On Feb 06, 2019
luvinhubby:

grin grin grin

I would also rather buy the OEM at that cost Sir.

Actually, additional shipping costs must be factored in too smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamkim7: 12:17pm On Feb 06, 2019
luvinhubby:
@edoyad,
There are specific condensers for specific vehicles, if your condenser is bad, often caused by debris from bad or knocked A/C compressors, change the compressor alongside with a replacement condenser meant specifically for the vehicle.
good day sir, you asked me the other day to scan my 2003 EOD and post the result based on my fuel consumption problem. The result can as O2 sensor heater circuit bank1 and bank 2 malfunction. Could that be the cause of high consumption. The guy I consulted with said it might not be.i also asked if it could be the indomie he said it had nothing to do with combustion since its after the engine. He then asked me to go and fill my tank and take note of my odometer.
Any advice?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:02pm On Feb 06, 2019
iamkim7:
good day sir, you asked me the other day to scan my 2003 EOD and post the result based on my fuel consumption problem. The result can as O2 sensor heater circuit bank1 and bank 2 malfunction. Could that be the cause of high consumption. The guy I consulted with said it might not be.i also asked if it could be the indomie he said it had nothing to do with combustion since its after the engine. He then asked me to go and fill my tank and take note of my odometer.
Any advice?

Both O2 sensors are bad and are responsible for the high fuel consumption.
There is a reason why it's called air/fuel ratio sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:08pm On Feb 06, 2019
nas00:

I would also rather buy the OEM at that cost Sir.

Actually, additional shipping costs must be factored in too smiley

cool cool
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by iamkim7: 2:10pm On Feb 06, 2019
luvinhubby:

Both O2 sensors are bad and are responsible for the high fuel consumption.
There is a reason why it's called air/fuel ratio sensor
someone also checked and said the catalyst
*indomie* is not there.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 2:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
iamkim7:
someone also checked and said the catalyst
*indomie* is not there.

Will make sense to change both catalytic converter and the two O2 sensors to give you a well fueled assurance.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by fognext: 10:53pm On Feb 06, 2019
Hello good people, would like to know if it's possible to put the transmission system of the seventh generation accord into the sixth generation? Thanks.
luvinhubby
Gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 5:28am On Feb 08, 2019
My mech serviced the Nigerian used 2007 Accord DC i got with Seahorse oil. Is this acceptable? Thoughts please, i am new to this.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 11:34am On Feb 08, 2019
steevy:
My mech serviced the Nigerian used 2007 Accord DC i got with Seahorse oil. Is this acceptable? Thoughts please, i am new to this.

wait o

Tell us it was engine that was serviced with Seahorse and not Gear shocked lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 9:39pm On Feb 08, 2019
inze:

wait o

Tell us it was engine that was serviced with Seahorse and not Gear shocked lipsrsealed embarassed

Yeah, i am talking about engine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eRex(m): 11:46pm On Feb 08, 2019
Aaaaarghmed:
hello ...pls I noticed my babyboy consumes too much fuel nowadays,and sometimes wen I accelerates,it stalls on d highway before picking up..the check engine light also blinks repeatedly and I feel loss of engine power too.pls what cud be d issue with it,I've stopped driving it for now cos of dis issues.my mech says it is a misfire and I need to service d nozzle but I don't trust him cos he doesn't have a scanner.

For the stalling, my electrician work on the distributor coil.
Mine used to have delays in picking ... Something when it changes gear... I will have to throttle down for it to move... Buy now the car races like a jet..
For the consumption... I really don't have an idea... I have used one I4 babyboy like dat that consumes more Dan a v6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicardino(m): 8:56pm On Feb 11, 2019
Good evening fellow Nigerians, please what could be the problem when a 07 honda pilot doesn't automatically select gears when in "drive" but it works well with park, reverse?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 9:49pm On Feb 11, 2019
iamkim7:

Any advice?

So you have a V6 engine.

You cant have a 2.4ivtec and have bank 1 and bank 2 in the same car.

Only V6 has bank 1 and 2.

Unless you mean to say bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2.

2.4ivtec has no bank 2.

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (431) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: Macmilla(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.