Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (183) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889014 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2019
luvinhubby:

Both O2 sensors are bad and are responsible for the high fuel consumption.
There is a reason why it's called air/fuel ratio sensor

He should have just dropped the code.

The result can as O2 sensor heater circuit bank1 and bank 2 malfunction.

This doesn't make complete sense. It can mean B1S1 or B2S1 or B1S2 or B2S2. He didn't state the sensor.

However, only B1S1 or B2S1 can affect fuel consumption that much. Like you rightly said, air/fuel sensor which is sensor 1.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ayara07: 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2019
Please what's the effect of removing thermostat from a car I mean cooling system thermostat.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CocoaOla: 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2019
nas00:

7 years of using a 2003 Honda Accord as a daily driver.. and counting.

Never had a single occurrence of 'tire pulling'.

I had a good friend who bought a 2003 corolla around the same time I bought my Accord. He vehemently opposed the idea of me buying Honda then, but if you know you know. After we bought our cars, anytime he saw me, he would ask if 'that thing' has happened to my car and I would laugh.

Today, he has grown tired of asking me if my car's leg has 'pulled', because it just didn't happen in spite of the incredible work rate of my Accord. Truth is, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Maintenance and driving habits is everything.

Honda is really cool, if you pay attention to regular maintenance. Some people buy cars and will never read the manual!!.. Shey na Kazeem wey nor go school go read manual?

The caveat is that you must buy a car in good condition ab-initio. You may need experienced individuals to help you assess a vehicle before purchase. I have done this for a couple of close friends and they remain trouble free.

This is a live testimony and very true.

Cheers!

I'm a die hard Honda fan too Honda vtec or nothing learn some DIY and pay attention to your car this video is for Honda lovers cheer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfLiOA3vkM

Here’s how to make your Honda car last forever.

Read the owner’s manual: infact don't buy any Honda without owner's manuals if misplaced yours go and download it online it free it saves you a lot of ignorance

The better you know this piece of literature, the better you’ll be able to care for your car, whether you’re the one servicing it or not.

Follow the manufacturers maintenance schedule:

There’s a tendency to ditch the instructions and do things your own way, but when it comes to the health of your car, it really is best to do it by the book. The owner’s manual is basically a built-in maintenance schedule that’s perfectly tailored to each individual vehicle. Use it.

Be religious about oil changes:

Is it going to kill your car dead if you drive it 800 km past what the oil change sticker says? Probably not. But we’re talking about longevity here and every choice has an impact. Stick to the schedule—every 5,000 km for most—and run better, longer.

Keep fluids at optimum levels:

Keeping your machine full of all fluids including oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid and even wiper fluid will stave off unnecessary wear. Get in the habit of checking the levels regularly.

Guard against rust:

Rust proofing is a must in Ontario, and much of Canada and the US, if you want to keep your vehicle on the road in one piece for an extended period of time. Fortunately, modern rust-proofing such as is included in the Honda Plus Appearance Protection Program, is highly effective and can stave off the corrosion for ages.

Take care of your tires:

Tire or rim issues will impact your mileage and threaten safety, but it can also lead to other issues elsewhere in the vehicle, like the suspension. Keep tire pressure where it should be and replace and service your tires according to the owner’s manual.

Replace filters:

The purpose of the filters is to keep whatever particles are floating around in the air from getting into the important bits of the car. Sounds important because it is.

Service at a dealership or find a long-term mechanic you trust and that knows the brand inside out:

If your mechanic is your car’s medical team, then consider finding a family doctor rather than going to a different walk-in clinic each time it’s sick. Honda
Engine don't like inexperienced doctors

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CocoaOla: 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2019
Honda is the best ICE engine manufacturerer in the world it not easy to to carry number 1 now in the world although they are not too good with their automatic gear boxes very okay with manual

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CocoaOla: 12:12am On Feb 12, 2019
Ayara07:
Please what's the effect of removing thermostat from a car I mean cooling system thermostat.
depends on how old the model is Sha but very bad for vehicle manufactured from years 2000 till date new vehicles are computerized the brain box is complicated, the brain box use data received from the thermostat and coolant sensors to operate the fuel ratio if the engine thermostat is tampered with your car will not get to the minimum operating temperature require for the engine to work efficiently leading to high fuel consumption o2 sensors misbehaving dirty valves and so on but the car will still work but not enfficiently your car fans Are not design to run continuously they need rest too your engine oil is sensitive to temperature thermostat take cares of that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dru23(m): 1:26am On Feb 12, 2019
CocoaOla:

I'm a die hard Honda fan too Honda vtec or nothing learn some DIY and pay attention to your car this video is for Honda lovers cheer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfLiOA3vkM

You are very correct.. I have three Honda civic on uber 03 to 05 . Very rugged car and engine.. Like you said follow manual and the car will last very long time.. The civic can take abuse ,but I try to avoid it ... am thinking about doing 15k miles on extended performance Mobil 1 oil .. Honda engine can handle it am very sure...

Here’s how to make your Honda car last forever.

Read the owner’s manual: infact don't buy any Honda without owner's manuals if misplaced yours go and download it online it free it saves you a lot of ignorance

The better you know this piece of literature, the better you’ll be able to care for your car, whether you’re the one servicing it or not.

Follow the manufacturers maintenance schedule:

There’s a tendency to ditch the instructions and do things your own way, but when it comes to the health of your car, it really is best to do it by the book. The owner’s manual is basically a built-in maintenance schedule that’s perfectly tailored to each individual vehicle. Use it.

Be religious about oil changes:

Is it going to kill your car dead if you drive it 800 km past what the oil change sticker says? Probably not. But we’re talking about longevity here and every choice has an impact. Stick to the schedule—every 5,000 km for most—and run better, longer.

Keep fluids at optimum levels:

Keeping your machine full of all fluids including oil, transmission fluid, brake fluid and even wiper fluid will stave off unnecessary wear. Get in the habit of checking the levels regularly.

Guard against rust:

Rust proofing is a must in Ontario, and much of Canada and the US, if you want to keep your vehicle on the road in one piece for an extended period of time. Fortunately, modern rust-proofing such as is included in the Honda Plus Appearance Protection Program, is highly effective and can stave off the corrosion for ages.

Take care of your tires:

Tire or rim issues will impact your mileage and threaten safety, but it can also lead to other issues elsewhere in the vehicle, like the suspension. Keep tire pressure where it should be and replace and service your tires according to the owner’s manual.

Replace filters:

The purpose of the filters is to keep whatever particles are floating around in the air from getting into the important bits of the car. Sounds important because it is.

Service at a dealership or find a long-term mechanic you trust and that knows the brand inside out:

If your mechanic is your car’s medical team, then consider finding a family doctor rather than going to a different walk-in clinic each time it’s sick. Honda
Engine don't like inexperienced doctors
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CocoaOla: 2:40am On Feb 12, 2019
@dru23 11k not bad for Mobil 1 extended just make sure you invest in quality oil filter top and change only the oil filter at 7k interval

To all Honda owners don't Just buy any spark plug or coils suggested by mercanic use the recommend ones in your owners manual usually lasers iridium very important pls take note
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicardino(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2019
vicardino:
Good evening fellow Nigerians, please what could be the problem when a 07 honda pilot doesn't automatically select gears when in "drive" but it works well with park, reverse?
This please
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CAPTAINBLACK01(m): 8:30pm On Feb 12, 2019
House gurus, am having issues with my car accord V6 ABS,TRIANGLE light are on and a blinking D i scanned and got these results, what does it mean guys? Despite the codes it still runs!!! Is the gear going bad?

1. 84-1 sensor logic failure.
2. Right and front wheel speed sensor open or short
3. Ecm/pcm relation failure .
4. P0700 A/T system MAL. 3rd pressure switch high.
5. P0161 H02S B2 S2 HEATER CIRCUIT MAL
6. PO442 Evap system small leak
7.P0420 catalyst B efficiency below threshold.
8.P0108 manifold absolute pressure.

Any info on this is appreciated ...

Cc.gazzuzz
Cc.luvinhubby
Cc.nurey
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 9:20pm On Feb 12, 2019
CAPTAINBLACK01:
House gurus, am having issues with my car accord V6 ABS,TRIANGLE light are on and a blinking D i scanned and got these results, what does it mean guys? Despite the codes it still runs!!! Is the gear going bad?

1. 84-1 sensor logic failure.
2. Right and front wheel speed sensor open or short
3. Ecm/pcm relation failure .
4. P0700 A/T system MAL. 3rd pressure switch high.
5. P0161 H02S B2 S2 HEATER CIRCUIT MAL
6. PO442 Evap system small leak
7.P0420 catalyst B efficiency below threshold.
8.P0108 manifold absolute pressure.

Any info on this is appreciated ...

Stop driving the car for now

look for a qualified technician that can interpret diagnosis into working solution.

for the gear check ur dip stick and gauge.

speed sensor needs checking seems vulcanised or mechanic has vandalized it.

you need a technician with knowledge of scab results to diagnosis for you, meaning physical inspection.

in other news is your own captain black the sea pirate or the popular cigarette?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Piyke: 11:28pm On Feb 12, 2019
luvinhubby:
Which Naija Honda owner can be willing to buy a ball joint for ₦32,000 each piece.

I did about 5 years ago and will do again if needed. I bet you that people that swap theirs every 6months will spend more if you add cost of the 6monthly ball joint, labour, risk of damage as the Monday hammer strikes grin etc.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CAPTAINBLACK01(m): 8:24am On Feb 13, 2019
nurey:

Stop driving the car for now

look for a qualified technician that can interpret diagnosis into working solution.

for the gear check ur dip stick and gauge.

speed sensor needs checking seems vulcanised or mechanic has vandalized it.

you need a technician with knowledge of scab results to diagnosis for you, meaning physical inspection.

in other news is your own captain black the sea pirate or the popular cigarette?
THE SEA PIRATE grin. Thanks nurey.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 4:56pm On Feb 13, 2019
hi luvinhubby the boss...

Please i need your assistance on my honda accord 2005 i4 . My gear is giving me issues...when i drive..i believe between gears 1 and 2, not so sure about the gear range..it flares...or should i use the word..skips...as in,,,my rpm goes high upto 4 or 5 before it engages with a thud..it dosent happen all the time though...followed by brief loss of power...when this happens, i quickly depress the accelerator pedal.so the gear changes back to lower gear and its fine from there..what could be the problem...no codes yet after scanning...any thoughts

nurey..kingreign...timifakay..thebigkendo..gazzuzz
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2019
captainking:
hi luvinhubby the boss...

Please i need your assistance on my honda accord 2005 i4 . My gear is giving me issues...when i drive..i believe between gears 1 and 2, not so sure about the gear range..it flares...or should i use the word..skips...as in,,,my rpm goes high upto 4 or 5 before it engages with a thud..it dosent happen all the time though...followed by brief loss of power...when this happens, i quickly depress the accelerator pedal.so the gear changes back to lower gear and its fine from there..what could be the problem...no codes yet after scanning...any thoughts

nurey..kingreign...timifakay..thebigkendo..gazzuzz

Service solenoids on gear. They are sticking, also change gear oil.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by captainking(m): 6:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Service solenoids on gear. They are sticking, also change gear oil.
OK boss.. Thanks.. Codes popped up this evening...

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 10:35pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hello Gurus,

I need advise on my 2007 4 plugs Accord.

It vibrates occasionally when driving and most times when on reverse. I just changed all engine seats.

Also, it takes a while to take off when i accelerate. Like there is a slight delay or something.

Advises will be appreciated.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CocoaOla: 10:59pm On Feb 14, 2019
steevy:
Hello Gurus,

I need advise on my 2007 4 plugs Accord.

It vibrates occasionally when driving and most times when on reverse. I just changed all engine seats.

Also, it takes a while to take off when i accelerate. Like there is a slight delay or something.

Advises will be appreciated.

any misfire? engine light on?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 6:15am On Feb 15, 2019
CocoaOla:
any misfire? engine light on?

Yeah. Engine light is on. Scan detected AF sensor, oxygen sensor and ECM/PCM unexpected voltage error codes.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by CocoaOla: 8:50am On Feb 15, 2019
steevy:

Yeah. Engine light is on. Scan detected AF sensor, oxygen sensor and ECM/PCM unexpected voltage error codes.
check your voltage regulator should be 14 volts check wire harness ground short circuit, check your coil then oxygen sensor one of this might be the culprit
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 1:31pm On Feb 15, 2019
CocoaOla:
check your voltage regulator should be 14 volts check wire harness ground short circuit, check your coil then oxygen sensor one of this might be the culprit

Kai, these ones sound like gibberish.

This is my first car cheesy cheesy

Lemme kukuma run to broda Gazzuz.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunadebay(m): 2:49pm On Feb 17, 2019
Hello Gurus in the house, I just got a 2007 DC Honda, after few months there is a kind of frying sound when I rev a bit but if continue to rev the sound will fade away.

Secondly, please where can I get a good mechanic and someone to scan my car because the check engine is on.

Thirdly, please where can I get an original ball joint or very good tokunbo ball joint. Please I am not in Lagos ooo. Please kindly help sirs...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunadebay(m): 2:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
oluwaseunadebay:
Hello Gurus in the house, I just got a 2007 DC Honda, after few months there is a kind of frying sound when I rev a bit but if continue to rev the sound will fade away.

Secondly, please where can I get a good mechanic and someone to scan my car because the check engine is on.

Thirdly, please where can I get an original ball joint or very good tokunbo ball joint. Please I am not in Lagos ooo. Please kindly help sirs...

Kindly note I stay in Ibadan.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 2:53pm On Feb 17, 2019
oluwaseunadebay:

Try oyingbo Honda market
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afuyebusayo: 4:27pm On Feb 17, 2019
You can get good tokunbo ball joint at gate spare part market in ibadan
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by pek(m): 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2019
numen:
My Maintenance Tips:

1.) Change Engine Oil every 3000km (I use Mobil)
2.) Use Oando's Dexron II for the Gear Box (Abro will knock your gear) - (already mentioned)
3.) While driving be mindful not to always turn the steering to the last possible angle(helps the shaft)
4.) If you have an open roof, periodically clean the drainage hole to avoid water leaking into the car
5.) Vibrating Sound infront of the car? Check your engine sitting(already mentioned)
6.) Your single pipe radiator which used to work might not be the cause of your current over-heating...Check your water pump!
7.) Your car is not accelerating according to pedal pressure? Timing Belt might be the culprit.

Just my 2cents guys. Hope this helps someone. I luv this thread like I luv my Honda.
I read number 7 and I think I understand what you mean. I drive a sienna but the car sometimes drags on the high way. I don't know if drags is the right word here but exactly as you described. I will apply the accelerator at times to floor level but the car will not move according. I have changed plugs, serviced nozzle and changed gear oil, no change. Are you saying is timing belt?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:50pm On Feb 17, 2019
dicksonadams:

Try oyingbo Honda market

He's not in Lagos
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by eRex(m): 12:02am On Feb 18, 2019
pek:
I read number 7 and I think I understand what you mean. I drive a sienna but the car sometimes drags on the high way. I don't know if drags is the right word here but exactly as you described. I will apply the accelerator at times to floor level but the car will not move according. I have changed plugs, serviced nozzle and changed gear oil, no change. Are you saying is timing belt?

Same dragging happen to my Honda babyboy. Got my coil distributor serviced n d dragging stopped

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mystiquerebirth(m): 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
Please, what is the recommended engine oil and brake fluid for Honda City 2009?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 2:37pm On Feb 18, 2019
mystiquerebirth:
Please, what is the recommended engine oil and brake fluid for Honda City 2009?

Check whatever is recommended in user manual and stick to that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mystiquerebirth(m): 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2019
I don't have the user manual and I'm unable to find the pdf for it online. Thanks Sir.

dicksonadams:

Check whatever is recommended in user manual and stick to that
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2019
mystiquerebirth:
I don't have the user manual and I'm unable to find the pdf for it online. Thanks Sir.

OH OK sir
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by numen(m): 12:35pm On Feb 19, 2019
Could be bro. Let your mech take a look.
pek:

(1) (2) (3) ... (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.