Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889038 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
dicksonadams:

That is the typical igbo man car part style, the goal is to my you pay nore

Anyways it is well thank God I rarely drive the Car on rough terrains
If I want to travel before the year runs out I'll check the ball joints again orelse I'll just change it back to Tokunbo own after some months time Sha

For now I just drive the car mostly to church coz I got another one a space Bus that does more of my rough moves ND co
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Felakezman(m): 9:02pm On Jul 28, 2019
luvinhubby:

Do you mean bottom plate(sump), the retains engine oil ?

Between ₦3,000 - ₦7,000

Yes...
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
Johnsonkeyz2019:

Anyways it is well thank God I rarely drive the Car on rough terrains
If I want to travel before the year runs out I'll check the ball joints again orelse I'll just change it back to Tokunbo own after some months time Sha

For now I just drive the car mostly to church coz I got another one a space Bus that does more of my rough moves ND co

Don't try that. The hole into which the ball joint is fixed on the knuckle must have widened a bit when you installed the new one, if you put a tokunbo ball joint there, it will pull.
Replace knuckle together with ball joints

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicardino(m): 11:54am On Jul 29, 2019
Please what does p2804 mean on a 2007 Honda Pilot?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:50pm On Jul 29, 2019
vicardino:
Please what does p2804 mean on a 2007 Honda Pilot?

Transmission range switch, our people call it counting switch
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by vicardino(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
luvinhubby:

Transmission range switch, our people call it counting switch

I honestly can't thank you enough ma.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by chuckjonesbaba(m): 5:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
yomexy2:
Hello all, many thanks for sharing your experiences. I use a bull dog, untill recently, I noticed that when the engine is warm after driving it, the automatic gear does not enter reverse even though its in R, and it does not select D4 also. Can this be fixed or I have to change the entire gear. Also, if I have to change it, can someone ple tell me the best place to get a good one. Many thanks for your anticipated responses.

Drain the gear oil, refill gear oil and replace filter. clean sensor if it has any... make sure there is no leak?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by murphyonline(m): 11:11pm On Jul 30, 2019
pls guru in the house,how much can I buy Honda Accord 2007 master tapping glass? urgent response nd can u recommend where to buy it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunadebay(m): 7:07am On Jul 31, 2019
Hello all, how much can i get a good sump at Oyingbo market for Honda Accord 2007, i4.
CC @luvinhubby
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:08am On Jul 31, 2019
oluwaseunadebay:
Hello all, how much can i get a good sump at Oyingbo market for Honda Accord 2007, i4.
CC @luvinhubby

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 31, 2019
Guys how much is front disc rotor for EOD ‘03. I plan on changing both
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by wilblessed: 10:12pm On Jul 31, 2019
This total mvlv I have been looking for it. Plz direct me to the exact total station that sells it. I live in Lagos
nurey:

I am not attacking you but I wonder why you keep recommending Oando dextron 3 especially for a Honda baby boy with know gear issues. My experience with that oil is very bad, at high temperature when transmission is very hot (1hr driving) my gear (sienna 2000) was flaring badly and refused to leave gear 1, it was hovering between neutral and gear 1. When I reached home next day nah confirm total drain and I used Total MVLV which I can tell you is the best thing after maiyonnaise.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 5:35am On Aug 01, 2019
luvinhubby:

Don't try that. The hole into which the ball joint is fixed on the knuckle must have widened a bit when you installed the new one, if you put a tokunbo ball joint there, it will pull.
Replace knuckle together with ball joints

Wow that means next time when I want to change my ball joint I have to change it complete with that knuckle
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 5:38am On Aug 01, 2019
luvinhubby:

Do you mean bottom plate(sump), the retains engine oil ?

Between ₦3,000 - ₦7,000

Imagine and they sold this #10,000 to me just like a Month ago when the one on my car got bad and started dripping oil
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 5:57am On Aug 01, 2019
wilblessed:
This total mvlv I have been looking for it. Plz direct me to the exact total station that sells it. I live in Lagos

From Eko bridge take the exit down to Costain, at the round about follow the Western Avenue road, After leadway Assurance you will see Total fueling station by the right. That's where I got it from.

The map below is a sample just input Total Western Avenue in a map application.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:40am On Aug 01, 2019
kokaneprodigy:
Guys how much is front disc rotor for EOD ‘03. I plan on changing both

10k for pair of new ones
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 01, 2019
luvinhubby:

10k for pair of new ones
do u mean toks or new as in brand new.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 2:26am On Aug 04, 2019
adanny01:

The major issue with this car is the leather seats.

The engine is kinda expensive at range <300k> and the V6 is quite expensive at range <500k>

The transmission is rock solid (if you stick to recommended oil)

The ground clearance is not great.

It eats brake pads more than normal.

Power steering, never use ATF.

Lastly and more importantly, the usual engine killer on this car is a blocked Catalytic converter (indomie).
please sir,I seriously need your advice. Is 2004 Honda pilot good?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 9:09am On Aug 04, 2019
profjustine458:
please sir,I seriously need your advice. Is 2004 Honda pilot good?

I have not used it so cannot give a 1st hand experience.

However, i have not heard of any major issues with the car. I expect that you should treat it like any Honda, that is, do not mess with gear oil, power steering oil or buy substantard ball joint.

Otherwise, its a good car in my opinion.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Debosneh31(m): 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2019
Please would u advice a gear box replacement or repair for civic 05.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adanny01(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2019
Debosneh31:
Please would u advice a gear box replacement or repair for civic 05.

It depends on what is wrong with the gear box and the mechanic who will do the job.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xzile: 5:46pm On Aug 04, 2019
Are you a tokunbo auto parts dealer in Lagos, Nigeria and Africa? Are you a car owner
or an automobile technician (mechanic) looking for where to buy genuine foreign used
car parts that you can trust? Worry no more, Blessed Chris investment is here to assist
you.
We deal in all Toyota, Nissan, Mercedes and Honda spare parts. E.g
Engines
Gear box
Shock absorbers
Hubs
Beams
Steering rack
Shafts
and many more.
Our parts are sold with guarantee and our shop located at adelotun plaza, osoro Street,
mushin, Lagos.
For further enquiries and info contact Chris on 08039129122
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by aje33: 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2019
Hi guys, i have code p0172 after scanning. Ive changed air filter, and plugs. Cleaned the maf sensor and nozzles. The code always come back after driving for a day. Pleas help. Honda 2007 accord.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Doslop: 4:23pm On Aug 05, 2019
luvinhubby:

Budget ₦150,000
Okay thanks I will let you know when I'm ready
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by abidemidare: 9:58pm On Aug 05, 2019
luvinhubby:

As an alternative, Oando Dextron III is an option

Yes, have bn using Oando Dextron II on my accord 010 more than 3yrs now and still working fine.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by suraj1st: 11:04pm On Aug 05, 2019
Hello guys,

Please how much are they selling complete gear for Honda Accord 2000, V4

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:54am On Aug 06, 2019
abidemidare:

Yes, have bn using Oando Dextron II on my accord 010 more than 3yrs now and still working fine.

It's a temporary option in the absence of the genuine ATW-DW1
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by whatstheFUZZ(m): 2:29pm On Aug 09, 2019
Good afternoon all. Please, I use a 2008 Honda Accord. Recently, someone advised me to at least service my gear box once a year, while someone else said I shouldn't do that except my gearbox is giving me problems. I am confused. Please can a Honda veteran advice me on the the best action to take.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2019
whatstheFUZZ:
Good afternoon all. Please, I use a 2008 Honda Accord. Recently, someone advised me to at least service my gear box once a year, while someone else said I shouldn't do that except my gearbox is giving me problems. I am confused. Please can a Honda veteran advice me on the the best action to take.

Why wait for your engine to develop a fault before you do a routine maintenance on it, same with gear, prevention is always better than cure.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adisaaowala: 8:48am On Aug 10, 2019
whatstheFUZZ:

The 'service' in this context should be oil change and it can be done when the colour is black - not necessarily on a yearly basis
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 9:11am On Aug 10, 2019
adisaaowala:

The 'service' in this context should be oil change and it can be done when the colour is black - not necessarily on a yearly basis

Please quote any transmission manufacturer, car manufacturer and transmission fluid manufacturer that specifies changing of transmission fluid only when it is black/dark in colour. I just need one

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 11:48pm On Aug 10, 2019
whatstheFUZZ:

Hello Sir.

The recommended transmission fluid change interval is whichever of the following comes first:

1) 90,000 miles
2) 144,000 Km
3) 72 months

Use only original ATF-DW1.

See the manufacterer's maintence recommendations in the manual (link below) for confirmation.

Cheers!

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/om/SI9999/SI9999O00132A.pdf

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.