Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888818 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 11:36pm On Feb 29, 2020
sureboykris:
Honda pilot dashboard light showing: VTM4 ,VSA, ABS, Check engine since purchase . Please is there any solution to this?

Go do a scan, might be having issues with ABS module and sensor
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sureboykris(m): 6:31am On Mar 01, 2020
luvinhubby:

Go do a scan, might be having issues with ABS module and sensor

OK.. Will do it and get back to you. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by mcPhuture(m): 12:43pm On Mar 03, 2020
dicksonadams:
reach out to radautoworks, no guessing game

Don't know them. How do I find them?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kamalu5258(m): 10:48am On Mar 04, 2020
Good day house, please can anybody help me with the recommended transmission fluid for 2009 Honda Civic?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Galil: 11:25am On Mar 04, 2020
Kamalu5258:
Good day house, please can anybody help me with the recommended transmission fluid for 2009 Honda Civic?
I use mannol

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sholarb(m): 11:53am On Mar 04, 2020
Kamalu5258:

Recommended fluid is Honda DW1.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by osundu(m): 6:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
Gentlemen, I just acquired a Honda civic 2006 coupe. I will appreciate if anybody know who sells and prices of the catalytic converter and windscreen for the vehicle.The vehicle has two catalytic converter on the exhaust pipe, one in the engine and the other, under the vehicle. Also, the front windscreen is broken and I need the price too. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 6:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
osundu:

Gentlemen, I just acquired a Honda civic 2006 coupe. I will appreciate if anybody know who sells and prices of the catalytic converter and windscreen for the vehicle.The vehicle has two catalytic converter on the exhaust pipe, one in the engine and the other, under the vehicle. Also, the front windscreen is broken and I need the price too. Thanks in anticipation.

Cat 30k
Screen 25 to 30k depending on source
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adeinfinit(m): 6:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Good evening

I just got a nigerian used Honda Civic 2007.

Can anyone help me confirm the prices of these parts?

Headlamp: 25k
Injector Mouth: 15k
Engine seat: 10k
Gear oil: 8k
Brake Pad (Front and Back): 8k

These are the prices from the mechanic.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by egesie(m): 7:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adeinfinit(m): 8:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
adeinfinit:
Good evening

Someone should please help with this. This is my first car and I want it to be in good shape by tomorrow
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Besto(m): 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
adeinfinit:
Good evening

Gear oil 3500 x 4 quartz
Injectors 1500 x 4 (why are you changing Injectors by the way, did you confirm if any ain't functional )
Brake pad (only front wheels uses break pads in that car which is 1500 for both front wheels). The back uses disc brakes.

Headlamp if it's both sides 25k is a good deal.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by adeinfinit(m): 9:50pm On Mar 04, 2020
Besto:

Gear oil 3500 x 4 quartz
Injectors 1500 x 4 (why are you changing Injectors by the way, did you confirm if any ain't functional )
Brake pad (only front wheels uses break pads in that car which is 1500 for both front wheels). The back uses disc brakes.

Headlamp if it's both sides 25k is a good deal.

Thanks for your response.

The seller mentioned i needed to change the injector mouth. Other items were suggested by the mechanic.

The headlamp is for both sides
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by inze(m): 11:34am On Mar 05, 2020
egesie:
I'm considering getting a Toks '07 Honda Accord V6 EX-L. What are the points to note?

@Gazzuzz says to avoid it but I'll allow him to come clear the air

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:19pm On Mar 05, 2020
osundu:

That Civic uses only one catalyst on the engine and it's ₦25,000 for the new one. Windscreen is ₦17,000

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ugreat(m): 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2020
Please I need the part number of the ecu for this Honda Crv with VIN- JHLRD1852VC016288

Sorry, looks like I'm spamming. Just needs it asap. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
Good day People

I wanna love-vendor my Honda Accord DC back lights ND the brake lights on the boot that will look like deep black/brown kinda wanna ask that hope there is no law issues with doin that coz I've seen some other users like that also just always like to confirm stuff before doing that so as to be on a safe side

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by alushkimo(m): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2020
Hello, I have an 07 dc, used 5w30 in servicing the engine since I bought it abt 2 yrs ago. At the last service, I switched back to 20w50 which the previous owner was using because I started noticing oil shortage. Now I’m hearing grinding noise from the engine when it’s running, engine still moves well though. Any advice ?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by aliyu03(m): 7:50pm On Mar 07, 2020
Hello house, I drive a sweet Honda Accord 2006 4 plugs. I must confess that I have enjoyed the car for straight 3years without doing any major repairs. However, it recently developed a problem where as soon as it reaches 3000 rpm while accelerating, it starts jerking. What could be the problem? ��
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samintegrity(m): 8:38pm On Mar 07, 2020
aliyu03:
Hello house, I drive a sweet Honda Accord 2006 4 plugs. I must confess that I have enjoyed the car for straight 3years without doing any major repairs. However, it recently developed a problem where as soon as it reaches 3000 rpm while accelerating, it starts jerking. What could be the problem? ��

When was the last time you change gear oil?

Start from there bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by samintegrity(m): 8:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
alushkimo:
Hello, I have an 07 dc, used 5w30 in servicing the engine since I bought it abt 2 yrs ago. At the last service, I switched back to 20w50 which the previous owner was using because I started noticing oil shortage. Now I’m hearing grinding noise from the engine when it’s running, engine still moves well though. Any advice ?

Check ur oil gauge bro
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sheantip(m): 11:33pm On Mar 07, 2020
Johnsonkeyz2019:
Good day People

I wanna love-vendor my Honda Accord DC back lights ND the brake lights on the boot that will look like deep black/brown kinda wanna ask that hope there is no law issues with doin that coz I've seen some other users like that also just always like to confirm stuff before doing that so as to be on a safe side

twil be nice, I've don it on my civic before.
car was black and rim too. made everything rhyme and looked fine.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:39am On Mar 08, 2020
aliyu03:
Dirty rocker arm, dirty nozzles, bad spark plugs or failing fuel pump.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:41am On Mar 08, 2020
alushkimo:

A very bad idea jumping back and forth on different oil types.
Drain the oil there and check the condition before refilling with fresh oil and stick to one spec.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by aliyu03(m): 10:01am On Mar 08, 2020
samintegrity:

When was the last time you change gear oil?

Start from there bro

Noted sir, i'll check it today.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by aliyu03(m): 10:03am On Mar 08, 2020
luvinhubby:

Dirty rocker arm, dirty nozzles, bad spark plugs or failing fuel pump.

I will get them checked out boss. thanks for the response.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by peaceland(m): 2:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
Good day good people,
Please I need your help.
1. Had to change ball joint for 2009 Honda Accord ex. The axle pulled out including 3 round metals which I guessed are called Boris.
After changing it I noticed that there is a kind of clunking sound as I accelerate coming from the wheel.
Took to another who carefully checked, cleaned, replaced shaft rubber and all yet the sound still there at slight turnings or low speed.
PLEASE:
any suggestions on what to check or point thier attentions to?
Any good Honda mechanic around ikeja or ibafo axis?
Thanks a lot good people
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 3:08pm On Mar 08, 2020
peaceland:
Good day good people,
Please I need your help.
1. Had to change ball joint for 2009 Honda Accord ex. The axle pulled out including 3 round metals which I guessed are called Boris.
After changing it I noticed that there is a kind of clunking sound as I accelerate coming from the wheel.
Took to another who carefully checked, cleaned, replaced shaft rubber and all yet the sound still there at slight turnings or low speed.
PLEASE:
any suggestions on what to check or point thier attentions to?
Any good Honda mechanic around ikeja or ibafo axis?
Thanks a lot good people

Those three round metals are the bearings of your inner shaft cup.
Replace shaft cups complete with the bearings, you can go for the "cutting one".
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by peaceland(m): 3:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
luvinhubby:

Those three round metals are the bearings of your inner shaft cup.
Replace shaft cups complete with the bearings, you can go for the "cutting one".
In lay man's language what is shaft cup and what does cutting one means.
Thanks sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 4:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
peaceland:

In lay man's language what is shaft cup and what does cutting one means.
Thanks sir.

Inner shaft one is shaft cup, outer one is shaft head.

Cutting one is the shaft cup that has not been dismembered.

(1) (2) (3) ... (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) (228) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.