Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889028 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 6:05pm On Jul 06, 2020
easysunny:

Okay. Thanks for the advice.
Now, what do you suggest for me. Can I change to another brand other than mobil 1 but same 5W-20? Or must stick to the mobil 1?
I'm looking at the cost.
Any one to recommend to me?

Thanks

Ha!

If you carefully read me, I have already recommended an alternative you can switch to up there^^^^... After which Tzar helped post the picture of the oil I recommended for you. I think that concern of yours has been taken care of, Sir.

Lemme see if I can quote myself:
nas00:

Thanks for the answers.

If cost were not an issue, I think your engine is a good candidate for Mobil 1 (semi-synthetic).

Since cost is an issue, I would suggest you switch to a newer and cheaper Mobil oil that was recently introduced into our market. I think it is semi-synthetic and has better suited viscosity than Mobil XHP or Total Quartz, which are both 20W-50. (Will try find a picture of it and post during the week).

Cheers!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Lee99: 6:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
Hello house please what is the cost of engine ignition coil for Honda EOD 2005 V6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Lee99:
Hello house please what is the cost of engine ignition coil for Honda EOD 2005 V6

Jiji it

Supposed be like 5k for one
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 11:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
Planning to change engine soon.

What's the best 5W-20 synthetic oil to use? (Around 7 to 10k)
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olumzzz(m): 7:50am On Jul 07, 2020
Nwunuken:
just bought Honda civil 2006 and is naija use. Can I can stick to recommended engine oil of 5w20 or should continue with 20w50 the former owner is using before. Thanks.
Just stick with the 20w50.
Otherwise you can try out 5w40 (non-synthetic) and watch out for oil burn.
If oil burns, revert to 20w50
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 7:58am On Jul 07, 2020
Ochima75:
Planning to change engine soon.

What's the best 5W-20 synthetic oil to use? (Around 7 to 10k)

Honda Genuine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Ochima75(m): 10:00am On Jul 07, 2020
luvinhubby:

Honda Genuine

Alright thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olumzzz(m): 11:56am On Jul 07, 2020
Oga luvinhubby,
Pls I've been using Oando Dextron III to service the gearbox of my Honda Accord 2010.
Is it safe to switch to DW1?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 12:23pm On Jul 07, 2020
olumzzz:
Oga luvinhubby,
Pls I've been using Oando Dextron III to service the gearbox of my Honda Accord 2010.
Is it safe to switch to DW1?

Earlier the better for you.

DextronIII is just a stop gap measure in the absence of the GENUINE DW1

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by peeps4u: 10:57pm On Jul 07, 2020
radautoworks:

Bring it to our shop for a PROPER diagnosis. These guys are screwing with you. Show them this post from me to get you a free diagnosis.

This woman has a heart of gold.

God bless you mama Radauto

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nightparty: 4:33pm On Jul 08, 2020
Good day house
I drive Honda city 2006 I notice that after driving the car for like 20km the car jerk from gear hub when ever I won take off after stop but once I speed to 20km its stop..what could be the fault?
The car drive fine first in the morning or when the gear is very cold
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 4:37pm On Jul 08, 2020
nightparty:
Good day house
I drive Honda city 2006 I notice that after driving the car for like 20km the car jerk from gear hub when ever I won take off after stop but once I speed to 20km its stop..what could be the fault?

Likely dirty transmission oil. Be sure to use the right oil.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afobam(m): 6:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
Please which oil is best to service the engine of an Honda accord 2007 V4. The current engine is a year and a half old.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nightparty: 7:40pm On Jul 08, 2020
oluwaseunla:

Likely dirty transmission oil. Be sure to use the right oil.
Okay....I just change the transmission now with Honda oil DW1 when I notice change in colour and Burt odour...am gonna drive it tomorrow for test... Thank you
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2020
nightparty:
Good day house

Inner shaft
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 8:41pm On Jul 08, 2020
nightparty:

Okay....I just change the transmission now with Honda oil DW1 when I notice change in colour and Burt odour...am gonna drive it tomorrow for test... Thank you

Wrong oil.

City uses CVT gear boxes and it's transmission fluid is Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) fluid.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by oluwaseunla(m): 9:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
luvinhubby:

Wrong oil.

City uses CVT gear boxes and it's transmission fluid is Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) fluid.

@nightparty, take note. Your transmission is a CVT. You get the Honda CVT fluid.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2020
oluwaseunla:

@nightparty, take note. Your transmission is a CVT. You get the Honda CVT fluid.
Yep

₦5,000

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 8:28am On Jul 09, 2020
luvinhubby:

Rocker arm is bad or blocked or the sensor is bad or both

Good day sir .
Sir what and what do I need to change in tokunbo Honda civic 07 and how much is the back bumber ? Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hephzibahjay: 10:45am On Jul 09, 2020
Please my acura Tl 2007 is giving some issues,first i changed my engine oil and gear oil the engine oil i used the mobil xhp while the gear oil i used honda oil,my challenges are on my dashboard the oil percentage is showing 30percent then i also notice the car overheats when its raining and i go into the flood.
I have removed the thermostat and i use coolant for tge radiator.
Please what can be the challenge
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by hypernikao(m): 2:07pm On Jul 09, 2020
Good day house, I would like to raise my honda civic's ground clearance and the mechanic said I can either buy bigger rims and tyre, or he can help me increase the height kazeem style (which is cheaper according to him). What are the pros and cons of these different methods?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 7:41pm On Jul 09, 2020
luvinhubby:

Wrong oil.

1000% true.
Must drain and refill with Honda Genuine CVT fluid before driving around.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afobam(m): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2020
The time on the radio of my accord 07 keeps blinking after locking the car. Who knows how this can be resolved?
Cc:@luvinhubby @nas00
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xcitedjay(m): 10:47pm On Jul 09, 2020
hypernikao:
Good day house, I would like to raise my honda civic's ground clearance and the mechanic said I can either buy bigger rims and tyre, or he can help me increase the height kazeem style (which is cheaper according to him). What are the pros and cons of these different methods?

Bigger rims/tyres - Fuel economy suffers
Increased Height kazeem style - Car becomes less stable at high speed
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afobam(m): 8:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please the clock is not going off. How can I put this off? I fear it draining the battery.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:54pm On Jul 10, 2020
afobam:
Please the clock is not going off. How can I put this off? I fear it draining the battery.

Does the radio come on after you have switched off the ignition?

You might have to observe for that first and let's know.

If it's the clock alone remaining on, it cannot drain your battery. The radio will.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by afobam(m): 1:21am On Jul 11, 2020
nas00:

Does the radio come on after you have switched off the ignition?

You might have to observe for that first and let's know.

If it's the clock alone remaining on, it cannot drain your battery. The radio will.
No. It's only the clock ant it's light.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Musty4ahmed1: 8:41am On Jul 11, 2020
Good morning all, please I discovered my steering was very strong to turn while driving yesterday, checked the power steering oil this morning it was totally dried due to leakage, please what effect will it have on the steering performance? And what type of fluid is recommended for it? I have Gear ATF fluid, can I fill with it? I drive Honda Accord 2002. Thanks!
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Slickleo: 3:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hello pl wat tyre size is best to achieve better ground clearance on 8th generation Honda Civic 2007. 10x
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 10:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
afobam:
No. It's only the clock ant it's light.

No cause for alarm then. Can't run your battery down.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
Musty4ahmed1:
Good morning all, please I discovered my steering was very strong to turn while driving yesterday, checked the power steering oil this morning it was totally dried due to leakage, please what effect will it have on the steering performance? And what type of fluid is recommended for it? I have Gear ATF fluid, can I fill with it? I drive Honda Accord 2002. Thanks!

Running on empty will destroy your power steering pump. Your steering will remain 'hard' too.
Use Honda Genuine power steering fluid (see attached image).
Check the power steering fluid lines for leakage and address before refill.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Musty4ahmed1: 1:15am On Jul 12, 2020
nas00:

Running on empty will destroy your power steering pump. Your steering will remain 'hard' too.
Use Honda Genuine power steering fluid (see attached image).
Check the power steering fluid lines for leakage and address before refill.

Cheers.
Thank you sir, I already used Dextron 3 ATF, hope it's good too?

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.