Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 AM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888729 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victoreyefia(m): 6:20am On Jul 12, 2020
The head gasket of my Honda civic 2006 was changed due to over heating. could there be any negative effect on the car due to this change? currently, there's no thermostat and the fan is connected directly.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 10:43am On Jul 12, 2020
victoreyefia:
The head gasket of my Honda civic 2006 was changed due to over heating. could there be any negative effect on the car due to this change? currently, there's no thermostat and the fan is connected directly.

fuel economy may reduce
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seanfer(m): 11:28am On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

fuel economy may reduce

The reduction will occur because of the absence of Thermostat or gasket change? Please I need answer.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 12:24pm On Jul 12, 2020
luvinhubby:

Yep

₦5,000

Please Oga i need Honda civic spare part seller in Ladipo or oyingbo number.
I need bumper and left brake light .
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Pelxmiye(m): 4:51pm On Jul 12, 2020
What's the best oil for servicing Honda Civic 2007 LXi IVTEC and also... there's a blinking red light in my Honda Civic 2007 dashboard after locking the car, is it security light or will it drain battery ,also can I switch it off and also ,is it advisable to disconnect my battery connectors every night after parking my car, also how do I change the remote key batteries of my car, the remote control features stopped working.. please help
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 5:02pm On Jul 12, 2020
seanfer:

The reduction will occur because of the absence of Thermostat or gasket change? Please I need answer.

fan run direct would ensure engine doesn't reach the optimum working temperature, meaning the ECU will continue to dump more fuel into the cylinder to try and get engine to the optimum temperature.

That's the reason why most engines with fan ran direct always have their rpm not falling below the 1 mark

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
King nurey the Indaboski bahose Of Auto Nigeria limited plc I greet you

How long do you advice one should use his ball joint before he changes it?? Please advice

Another Indaboski Tpound & Kingreign biko come here bikonu
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by seanfer(m): 5:33pm On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

fan run direct would ensure engine doesn't reach the optimum working temperature, meaning the ECU will continue to dump more fuel into the cylinder to try and get engine to the optimum temperature.

That's the reason why most engines with fan ran direct always have their rpm not falling below the 1 mark

Thanks for the explanation. No wonder my friends car is always around 1.500 RPM..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 5:44pm On Jul 12, 2020
Carfreak966:
King nurey the Indaboski bahose Of Auto Nigeria limited plc I greet you

How long do you advice one should use his ball joint before he changes it?? Please advice

Another Indaboski Tpound & Kingreign biko come here bikonu

Till you start hearing kpom/kpakpa sound from under the vehicle grin

There is no definite time, remember I bought mine brand-new in Nigeria not Tokunbo with high mileage, so I changed the shaft 2 times for 10years

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 5:47pm On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

There is no definite time, remember I bought mine brand-new in Nigeria not Tokunbo with high mileage, so I changed the shaft 2 times for 10years

That kpom made me laugh as if the car is fuvking itself hahahaha. I really appreciate you. Did you say two times in 10 years wow!??

The parts is It Tokunbo that is okay to buy or Brand new? And what is the name of the products?? OEM right?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 5:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
Carfreak966:

That kpom made me laugh as if the car is fuvking itself hahahaha. I really appreciate you. Did you say two times in 10 years wow!??

The parts is It Tokunbo that is okay to buy or Brand new? And what is the name of the products?? OEM right?

Brand-new Honda shaft grin tokunbo all the way my brother no go use money Bleep ashawo (brand-new chinko parts) buy Tokunbo rather.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2020
ak22:

Check my signature
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 5:59pm On Jul 12, 2020
Pelxmiye:
What's the best oil for servicing Honda Civic 2007 LXi IVTEC and also... there's a blinking red light in my Honda Civic 2007 dashboard after locking the car, is it security light or will it drain battery ,also can I switch it off and also ,is it advisable to disconnect my battery connectors every night after parking my car, also how do I change the remote key batteries of my car, the remote control features stopped working.. please help

Synthetic 5W20 is your oil spec.

The blinking red light should be your security light and there should a tiny screw at the base of your key remote that you can unscrew to change the battery

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TPound(m): 6:09pm On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

Boda nurey...it is football joint and not shaft breaker o grin

Anyways...left to me... Whether noiseless or has started making noise, 6 months
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 8:38pm On Jul 12, 2020
Bros nurey And tpound is custom papers necessary for a Honda EOD?? Is it a must to have it when the seller doesn’t have it
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olaboyeh(m): 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
ak22:

Pls when you get let me know...
The price of the bumper
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 8:43pm On Jul 12, 2020
Carfreak966:
Bros nurey And tpound is custom papers necessary for a Honda EOD?? Is it a must to have it when the seller doesn’t have it

Any clean car with recent plate number must be stopped by customs and the document asked. except you intend to drive it within the state, you are safe.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TPound(m): 9:10pm On Jul 12, 2020
nurey:

Any clean car with recent plate number must be stopped by customs and the document asked. except you intend to drive it within the state, you are safe.

Even if the number plates are not of recent... As long as it's clean...it will be stopped...chat me up and let's talk
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jagbasneh(m): 9:11am On Jul 13, 2020
please, i use honda civic 02/03 which oil should i use for servicing and transmission oil
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donuba61: 1:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
Good day car gurus here. I have a Honda civic 2008 that was bought brand new by the previous owner, the car don't have custom paper, my question is can i travel interstate with the car without custom wahala? The car has Honda receipt showing it was bought brand new.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nightparty: 3:27pm On Jul 13, 2020
oluwaseunla:

Likely dirty transmission oil. Be sure to use the right oil.

Thank you sir...I change the oil and its stop..thank
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 3:31pm On Jul 13, 2020
olaboyeh:

Pls when you get let me know...
The price of the bumper

16k at oyingbo
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Galil: 5:04pm On Jul 13, 2020
donuba61:
Good day car gurus here. I have a Honda civic 2008 that was bought brand new by the previous owner, the car don't have custom paper, my question is can i travel interstate with the car without custom wahala? The car has Honda receipt showing it was bought brand new.
With the receipt you are good to go.
Customs hardly stop such cars on the highway
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by gbemsone(f): 10:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
i notice my temperature guage not working ..i am planning to visit oyingbo tomorrow ,,do u guys have someone u can direct me to and also want to change the bushing,balljoint and change of brake pads,,

if u know someone direct to me 07066661158
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by patemy: 1:20am On Jul 14, 2020
Good morning house
My Honda civic 2006 tensioner bolt broke and as a result damaged the tensioner adjuster had to buy a new adjuster but the issue now is that one of the cups keeps eating into the adjuster we have tried 2 different adjusters and even changed the belt to a different size still no solution.please my ogas in the house come to my aid abeg before this car gives me hbp
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by victoreyefia(m): 7:07am On Jul 14, 2020
Please how much is Honda civic 2006 power steering pump
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olaboyeh(m): 4:02pm On Jul 14, 2020
ak22:

16k at oyingbo

Oh Thanks Boss
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by jahrule: 4:45pm On Jul 14, 2020
How much can I get a front and back bumpers for honda accord 2006? how true is it that a tokunbo bumper is better than the new one?
I also need a rim(with five fingers), where can I see a pair, and how much is it?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Carfreak966: 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2020
luvinhubby:

Check my signature

Please I have been calling your number times without number. It keeps telling me ‘The Person You Are Calling is not available to pick your call, please try again later ‘

Chief what oil should I use for my Honda EOD which I just got today. How much is it and can you send it to isolo. I will pay you before you send it or I can come and pick it up tomorrow morning before 10am
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by olumzzz(m): 5:52pm On Jul 15, 2020
Hi luvinhubby, great work you're doing here.
Pls sometimes when i start my car, the accelerator doesnt respond (doesnt rev) but will be working. I'll have to switch it off and start it again to correct this. What can be the cause?
car is honda accord 2010 v6
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 8:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
@luvinhubby,@nurey,@radautous

I must confess you guys have been great, do not know if you are been paid for all you do but Jah bless

In two weeks a friend will be getting either a Camry 2004 i4 or EOD 2004 i4

Please a sincere advice is needed

Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nurey(m): 8:53pm On Jul 15, 2020
sirleke:
@luvinhubby,@nurey,@radautous

I must confess you guys have been great, do not know if you are been paid for all you do but Jah bless

In two weeks a friend will be getting either a Camry 2004 i4 or EOD 2004 i4

Please a sincere advice is needed

Thanks

let him get 05 to 07 Accord rather, leave 03 and 04 if you can due to gear issues.

for the Camry the 2.4 2azfe also has a factory defect, but if you can get a moderate mileage and do proper inspection fine. Also Camry and robbers/vandals are like bread and butter

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.