Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (888641 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jaygrl(f): 1:36am On Jan 11, 2021
My hubby recently bought Honda CR-V 2003 model(Naija used) for me. It has been from one issue to another. At first it was the gear but it was fixed,one of the days I took the car out it just stopped on the road and the mechanic came to check the car and said he will change a certain switch which he did. In the last 2days now,when driving the steering will be hard all of a sudden and the car will go off showing battery sign on the dashboard. The battery is relatively new,please what do you advice I do?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by biomedixexcel(m): 4:15am On Jan 11, 2021
Kindly assist pls. I recently did an oil changed for the first time on Nigerian used Honda Civic 07, I used mobile 20w50 and that's what I used for my corolla for five years without issue. Now I read I suppose to use Mobil 5w30. Though the ride was super smooth after the oil change but am I not putting the engine into problem till my next oil change where I will now use the recommended oil
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by osato45: 7:08am On Jan 11, 2021
biomedixexcel:
Kindly assist pls. I recently did an oil changed for the first time on Nigerian used Honda Civic 07, I used mobile 20w50 and that's what I used for my corolla for five years without issue. Now I read I suppose to use Mobil 5w30. Though the ride was super smooth after the oil change but am I not putting the engine into problem till my next oil change where I will now use the recommended oil
call the former owner and find out what he used for servicing
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by osato45: 7:15am On Jan 11, 2021
I scanned my car in July last year and got
p0430,
p0134
p0303.

now I scanned again this year and got
p0171,
p0174
p0303.

Car is 06 honda accord v6, mind you I have changed my spark plugs and coil for cylinder 3 prior to my new scan. How do I resolve the engine misfire
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by biomedixexcel(m): 7:30am On Jan 11, 2021
osato45:
call the former owner and find out what he used for servicing
This is not the case sir.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ugreat(m): 8:54am On Jan 11, 2021
Jaygrl:

My hubby recently bought Honda CR-V 2003 model(Naija used) for me. It has been from one issue to another. At first it was the gear but it was fixed,one of the days I took the car out it just stopped on the road and the mechanic came to check the car and said he will change a certain switch which he did. In the last 2days now,when driving the steering will be hard all of a sudden and the car will go off showing battery sign on the dashboard. The battery is relatively new,please what do you advice I do?

Have you tried scanning the car? Where is your location?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:32am On Jan 11, 2021
steevy:
Good day everyone,

I need advice with my 4 plugs 07 Accord.

I serviced my car with the recommended 5w20 Honda oil in preparation for a trip to the east. On getting to the east from Lagos, my oil didn't guage the next day.

Had to top it up with one gallon of the 20w50 I could find. On getting back to Lagos, oil is short and doesn't guage again. No leaks under the car.

Advices please.

Engine oil is being burnt in your engine.
Any smoke emission?

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2021
Jaygrl:

Enginay may have been abused

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by steevy(m): 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2021
luvinhubby:

Engine oil is being burnt in your engine.
Any smoke emission?

I didn't see any. Will check again.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jaygrl(f): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2021
ugreat:

Have you tried scanning the car? Where is your location?
My hubby said he has scanned it,I will ask for the result and post. I stay at Ojodu berger lagos
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by plugchef: 3:40pm On Jan 12, 2021
Dear Honda Dealers, please where can i get this Honda Civic 2008 ignition coil (toks) 2 unit and for how much, my office is around maryland as i dont mind paying a delivery guy for this.

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by sirleke(m): 8:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
luvinhubby:

Wise choice anyday
thanks boss
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Toscoas2(m): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2021
Please is it possible to repair my Honda Accord 2002 Steering Rack and how much is it to get tokunbo?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Peppermintflav: 6:02pm On Jan 13, 2021
Toscoas2:
Please is it possible to repair my Honda Accord 2002 Steering Rack and how much is it to get tokunbo?
Forget about repair. Just go for tokunbo.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by SpeedRacer(m): 8:27pm On Jan 14, 2021
Transmission fluid needed for 2009 honda accord I4
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Fireson: 8:08pm On Jan 15, 2021
Engine made a very sharp and loud noise and tripped off, would not start . What's the issue please ?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by biomedixexcel(m): 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2021
Fireson:
Engine made a very sharp and loud noise and tripped off, would not start . What's the issue please ?
knocked
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TamedWhisperer(m): 12:51pm On Jan 16, 2021
Hi all,

What could be the cause of a stuttering/fluctuating tachometer (meaning it takes a sec or two to get to an accurate RPM reading when accelerating/decelerating while the pin stutters) plus there's a slight shaking even while idling (probably the spark plugs?). It idles well (at least below 1k RPM). I read it might be the ignition coil/speed sensor. The CEL, Side airbag off indicators on.

Also, I have different car keys (one with the buttons & to start the car another for opening the doors manually), is it possible to have both keys "merged"? I want to have one key doing both and where can I get that done?

Anyone does home service for car scanning? Also, I'm willing to bring in to any of your workshops to have it scanned/fixed. Thanks

AutoMoTech
radautoworks
GAZZUZZ, etc.

It is a Honda Accord V6 '09.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Johnsonkeyz2019: 10:00am On Jan 17, 2021
I use Honda Pilot 03 but sometimes if I take off maybe using AC nd with a Toyota Camry let's say like big daddy I notice they go faster first but if I keep at my pedal I pass such back
But I also know the pilot was supposed to have an higher horse power so please what could be wrong??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Thewrath(m): 9:23am On Jan 18, 2021
Hi all,pls I need your opinion on this...it’s a 2007 Honda Ridgeline.

1)My drivers side brake binds briefly(for about 2 or 3 seconds)when I am about to move car on FLAT SURFACE immediately after starting the engine.

2)it doesn’t do it all the time and the wheel does not get hot,once it has done it and releases the car,It will not do it again even if you travel from Abuja to the east.UNLESS YOU TURN OFF THE ENGINE AND TURN IT BACK ON(then it may or may not happen again)

3)it has never happened while on express or highway or while moving....ONLY WHEN AM ABOUT TO MOVE AFTER TURNING OFF AND TURNING BACK ENGINE(it may or may not happen)

4)the fault is very difficult to reproduce if I ask someone to drive it.

5)break fluids,calipers,pads,hoses have been checked to be ok

6)I am suspecting it senses when I restart the engine,because that is when it happens briefly.

7)happens to only front drivers side wheel.

Cc:AutoMoTech
radautoworks
GAZZUZZ
Luvinhubby
kingreign
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 9:28am On Jan 18, 2021
Thewrath:
Hi all,pls I need your opinion on this...it’s a 2007 Honda Ridgeline.

1)My drivers side brake binds briefly(for about 2 or 3 seconds)when I am about to move car on FLAT SURFACE immediately after starting the engine.

2)it doesn’t do it all the time and the wheel does not get hot,once it has done it and releases the car,It will not do it again even if you travel from Abuja to the east.UNLESS YOU TURN OFF THE ENGINE AND TURN IT BACK ON(then it may or may not happen again)

3)it has never happened while on express or highway or while moving....ONLY WHEN AM ABOUT TO MOVE AFTER TURNING OFF AND TURNING BACK ENGINE(it may or may not happen)

4)the fault is very difficult to reproduce if I ask someone to drive it.

5)break fluids,calipers,pads,hoses have been checked to be ok

6)I am suspecting it senses when I restart the engine,because that is when it happens briefly.

7)happens to only front drivers side wheel.

Cc:AutoMoTech
radautoworks
GAZZUZZ
Luvinhubby
kingreign

It could be abs self test. I wouldn't know but have the abs system scanned. Do you have ABS light or traction control light or VTM-4 light showing on your dash?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Thewrath(m): 9:34am On Jan 18, 2021
kingreign:

It could be abs self test. I wouldn't know but have the abs system scanned. Do you have ABS light or traction control light or VTM-4 light showing on your dash?
Yes I have vtm-4 light ON though I thought since the vtm-4 has to do with the AWD back axle,I thought it may be unconnected.
The abs light goes OFF after engine has started like every other light on ignition..
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 10:13am On Jan 18, 2021
Thewrath:

Yes I have vtm-4 light ON though I thought since the vtm-4 has to do with the AWD back axle,I thought it may be unconnected.
The abs light goes OFF after engine has started like every other light on ignition..

Where's your location? You may have get that vehicle properly diagnosed.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Thewrath(m): 10:19am On Jan 18, 2021
kingreign:

Where's your location? You may have get that vehicle properly diagnosed.
Abuja
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 10:20am On Jan 18, 2021
Thewrath:

Abuja

Contact me 07034581213
Later today or tomorrow pls.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Thewrath(m): 10:37am On Jan 18, 2021
kingreign:

Contact me
Later today or tomorrow pls.
Ok thanks.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TamedWhisperer(m): 3:15pm On Jan 18, 2021
TamedWhisperer:
Hi all,

What could be the cause of a stuttering/fluctuating tachometer (meaning it takes a sec or two to get to an accurate RPM reading when accelerating/decelerating while the pin stutters) plus there's a slight shaking even while idling (probably the spark plugs?). It idles well (at least below 1k RPM). I read it might be the ignition coil/speed sensor. The CEL, Side airbag off indicators on.

Also, I have different car keys (one with the buttons & to start the car another for opening the doors manually), is it possible to have both keys "merged"? I want to have one key doing both and where can I get that done?

Anyone does home service for car scanning? Also, I'm willing to bring in to any of your workshops to have it scanned/fixed. Thanks

AutoMoTech
radautoworks
GAZZUZZ, etc.

It is a Honda Accord V6 '09.

Luvinhubby
kingreign

Anyone? smiley
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 3:28pm On Jan 18, 2021
TamedWhisperer:

Luvinhubby
kingreign

Anyone? smiley
Your location pls?
I would recommend a physical inspection and diagnosis to know what's going on with it.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TamedWhisperer(m): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2021
kingreign:

Your location pls?
I would recommend a physical inspection and diagnosis to know what's going on with it.

I'm in Lagos

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by kingreign(m): 4:48pm On Jan 18, 2021
TamedWhisperer:

I'm in Lagos

Contact gazzuz

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by TamedWhisperer(m): 6:26pm On Jan 18, 2021
kingreign:

Contact gazzuz

All right. Thanks
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 18, 2021
Anyone looking to buy a Toks 2008 Honda Civic can quote me. One unit available at Olubadan Estate, beside Nigerian Breweries, Ibadan. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

Viewing this topic: tobiyclassy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.