Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars - Car Talk (286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars (889005 Views)

What Is With Honda Cars And Their Tyres That Always Cave In. / Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Honda Cars Front Wheel Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (432) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Kingdemu: 6:56pm On Apr 20, 2021
GeneralB:
Pleasant greetings to all my Honda Gurus in the house.
Please l need help with my 2005 manual transmission EOD. I top up engine oil like it's petrol. I've changed several Engine oils to no avail my mechanic insists on ringing but l don't like the idea of ringing.
I also want to know the price of A.C Compressor for EOD.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GeneralB: 10:14am On Apr 21, 2021
Kingdemu:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol.... Real matters oh. Any ideas or solution pls
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:55pm On Apr 21, 2021
GeneralB:
Pleasant greetings to all my Honda Gurus in the house.
Please l need help with my 2005 manual transmission EOD. I top up engine oil like it's petrol. I've changed several Engine oils to no avail my mechanic insists on ringing but l don't like the idea of ringing.
I also want to know the price of A.C Compressor for EOD.

Any smoke emission?

If so, save up and replace engine
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2021
Wilson5183:
I also observe that my CRV 2004 rear tyres are not straight, dey look bend. Please advice me on what to to. I want the tyre to be straight.

I need a good mechanic to help me do it. If possible share his contact with me. I based in Lagos.

Rear trailing arms with bushings are bad.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by GeneralB: 2:49pm On Apr 21, 2021
luvinhubby:

Any smoke emission?

If so, save up and replace engine
No smoke emission. Recently car started jerking
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by nas00(m): 9:08pm On Apr 21, 2021
18wheeler:
Hi everyone! Feels great back here after a long while. Never left actually but no contributions as I changed from 1998 accord to a 2003
Mercedes c240. Well, I'm back now, just got a 2016 accord v6. Glad to see Gazzuz,luvinghubby, adanny01, nurey still offering help since the last 6years (wow @ 283 pages so far) that's how long it took me. Back here to benefit from the wealth of knowledge and experience and share mine as well. I believe my choice of returning to Honda is worthwhile. Bless you all.

Congratulations on your new car Sir.

First tip: Avoid parking your car close to a fence so. You never know, especially during rainy season.

Second tip: If you want your paint work to last, avoid parking under direct sunlight routinely. Shaded parking space better. Avoid using detergent to wash and wax at least once every three months.

Wishing you a pleasurable experience. It's a great car.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by 18wheeler: 10:05pm On Apr 21, 2021
nas00:

Congratulations on your new car Sir.

First tip: Avoid parking your car close to a fence so. You never know, especially during rainy season.

Second tip: If you want your paint work to last, avoid parking under direct sunlight routinely. Shaded parking space better. Avoid using detergent to wash and wax at least once every three months.

Wishing you a pleasurable experience. It's a great car.

Cheers!
Thanks for the heads up. Really appreciate. I'm enjoying the "beast" so far. Smooth drive, so much power, nice interior and all. I'll consult here with any challenges. I believe this house. Thanks once again.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jaykizz(m): 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello Nairalanders, I have a question to ask. I want to purchase a 2012 Accord and went for a routine check of the vehicle. In the process, I realized that immediately the engine starts, the dashboard shows "Oil Life 80%". Asides this, every other thing about the vehicle is fine

Kindly advise what the 80% oil life means.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Rotiix(m): 8:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
Jaykizz:
Hello Nairalanders, I have a question to ask. I want to purchase a 2012 Accord and went for a routine check of the vehicle. In the process, I realized that immediately the engine starts, the dashboard shows "Oil Life 80%". Asides this, every other thing about the vehicle is fine

Nothing serious, shows the depreciation level of the oil currently in the engine since the last service was done
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Flames000(m): 8:54pm On Apr 23, 2021
Jaykizz:

When it get to a critical level, it will not go off anymore. Thats fro. About 30% oil life and below. Thats when u should realy change ur oil and reset to 100% for the the reading to be accurate once more.
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by petrusevents(m): 2:04pm On Apr 24, 2021
i just purchased a Honda accord 1999 model from a trusted friend and on it dash board both " maintenance required and check engine " are always on. he said that is how he used it for two years. also the cars does not move well when u start to accelerate after pressing the break but pick up suddenly with a small jerk and start moving. what could be possible cause for these three issues and how could it be resolved. this is my first vehicle. thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jaykizz(m): 2:12pm On Apr 24, 2021
Rotiix:

Nothing serious, shows the depreciation level of the oil currently in the engine since the last service was done

Thank you. I went online and confirmed same.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Jaykizz(m): 2:13pm On Apr 24, 2021
Flames000:

When it get to a critical level, it will not go off anymore. Thats fro. About 30% oil life and below. Thats when u should realy change ur oil and reset to 100% for the the reading to be accurate once more.
Cheers

Thanks.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Belexy(m): 5:23pm On Apr 24, 2021
OutOnBail:
I have an 08 Accord with low power (sluggish). Codes pulled up are P0341 and P0135. I've changed 02 sensors, about to change the gear fluid to DW1 cos previous owner used those oils in red can.

I've bought new fuel pump and filter and serviced nozzle and throttle body as well.

Car is still sluggish and feels like using all the power to move. What should I do?

Have same car and had similar issues with same code of P0341 until this morning. Have u sorted out the P0341 code? Thats the problem of the car. Cam Shaft Position Sensor. My mechanic did all what they did for u two weeks ago but car still with same problem until he removed both cam shaft sensors today and cleaned them. Car seems to be back to normal.
Let ur mechanic do that and see how it goes. You may also need to get new sensors if they are bad.

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by OutOnBail(m): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2021
Belexy:

Have same car and had similar issues with same code of P0341 until this morning. Have u sorted out the P0341 code? Thats the problem of the car. Cam Shaft Position Sensor. My mechanic did all what they did for u two weeks ago but car still with same problem until he removed both cam shaft sensors today and cleaned them. Car seems to be back to normal.
Let ur mechanic do that and see how it goes. You may also need to get new sensors if they are bad.

A mech set the timing properly and changed all the plugs which were kind of dead. Car drove fine till I sold it eventually after a week of purchase. Never again would I buy naija used car

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by donuba61: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2021
Good day Gazzuzz and other car gurus. Please you people should come to my aid. Am experiencing persistent over heating in my Honda civic 2008. My mechanic said I should change the top cylinder that is like it bad. I met another mechanic who said that I should change my radiator to a new one double cell. He said that if it the top cylinder, that the car will be doing hard starting. Please my ogas, which should I do. The car movement is very OK and there is no leakage from the radiator.
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Harmored(m): 7:56pm On Apr 29, 2021
Hello house Gazzuzz please my 2008 Honda Accord randomly puts off when the engine is warmed up while driving it will start back and shut off again continuously... please what could be the problem
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 11:15pm On Apr 29, 2021
What does these 2 symbols are for and that B13 too?

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by xcitedjay(m): 1:30am On Apr 30, 2021
ak22:

Check engine and maintenance reminder light.
The B13 is the Honda service code that tells you the kind of service you should perform.

Honda Service Codes
Code What it Means
A Change Oil and Filter
B Replace the engine oil and oil filter. Perform front and rear brake cleaning and lubrication. Adjust parking brake. Perform in-depth inspection of the brake components.
Honda Service Sub-Codes
Sub-Code What it Means
0 Perform multi-point inspection.
1 Tires need a rotation service.
2 Replace the cabin and engine air filters.
3 Replace the transmission fluid.
4 Replace spark plugs, timing belt (if equipped) and adjust valves.
5 The engine coolant needs replacing.
6 If equipped, rear differential fluid needs replacing.
7 Replace brake fluid.

2 Likes

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ak22(m): 8:31am On Apr 30, 2021
xcitedjay:

Check engine and maintenance reminder light.
The B13 is the Honda service code that tells you the kind of service you should perform.

Honda Service Codes
Code What it Means
A Change Oil and Filter
B Replace the engine oil and oil filter. Perform front and rear brake cleaning and lubrication. Adjust parking brake. Perform in-depth inspection of the brake components.
Honda Service Sub-Codes
Sub-Code What it Means
0 Perform multi-point inspection.
1 Tires need a rotation service.
2 Replace the cabin and engine air filters.
3 Replace the transmission fluid.
4 Replace spark plugs, timing belt (if equipped) and adjust valves.
5 The engine coolant needs replacing.
6 If equipped, rear differential fluid needs replacing.
7 Replace brake fluid.

Thanks a lot but I had change the engine oil brake pad. But the light still keep on showing

1 Like

Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ArticleBeast: 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2021
Please my honda babyboy or Hennessey AC doesn't work unless turned up to 4 which is the highest. Experts what do you think is the problem?
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Donphilex(m): 6:04pm On Apr 30, 2021
ArticleBeast:
Please my honda babyboy or Hennessey AC doesn't work unless turned up to 4 which is the highest. Experts what do you think is the problem?

OLD AGE
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by ArticleBeast: 6:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
Donphilex:

OLD AGE
I used the AC at level 3 this morning
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:28pm On Apr 30, 2021
Donphilex:

OLD AGE

Low gas level, likely a leakage
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by luvinhubby(m): 10:31pm On Apr 30, 2021
ak22:

The one to the extreme left is check emission indicator, likely catalyst or O2 sensor.
The other indicates maintenance required for your vehicle, oil, plugs and filters change
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 3:31am On May 01, 2021
@luvinhubby, how muxh should I budget of Honda accord 2007 transmission and engine replacement, I want to buy a naija use and need to prepare for the worst
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by dicksonadams(m): 3:50am On May 01, 2021
Namzy:

Cr-v 2009 was given a seal of pretty good on car complaints so I think it's a good buy. Just make sure you get a good one
can't it do Uber maintainace cost wise
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Donphilex(m): 8:01am On May 01, 2021
ArticleBeast:

I used the AC at level 3 this morning

No mind me Ohoo was just playing around try checking the gass level
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by joshcurrent(m): 6:14pm On May 01, 2021
Evening guys
Pls quick one
I'm about to buy a Honda Accord 2004 sedan European brand that has 2 silencer but is 4 plug sport edition
Though I really don't know much abt Honda because I just sold my Camry I used for bolt
Pls does any one has ideas abt the maintainance cost and fuel consumption too??
Re: Maintenance Tips For Honda Cars by Aaaaarghmed(m): 7:41pm On May 01, 2021
joshcurrent:
Evening guys
Pls quick one
I'm about to buy a Honda Accord 2004 sedan European brand that has 2 silencer but is 4 plug sport edition
Though I really don't know much abt Honda because I just sold my Camry I used for bolt
Pls does any one has ideas abt the maintainance cost and fuel consumption too??
that car is a nice sturdy car,I dont know why but lately am beginning to prefer it to the normal Eod 2004 model.it looks more compact to me

(1) (2) (3) ... (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) (289) ... (432) (Reply)

Maintenance Tips On Cars. / Mercedes Benz Thread / Nasty effects of road accidents (caution very graphic and potentially offensive images)!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.